Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 904703 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Preordered Saxon's Thunderbolt today! :metal

Merry fucking Christmas!!!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So over the last many years, I've kind of looked at what Whitesnake has done and completely scoffed. The notion that Coverdale parades a bunch of jamokes around playing old stuff from the 70's and 80's has to me, seemed quite boorish.

Anyway, I saw this link on Bravewords this morning:
https://bravewords.com/news/whitesnake-release-official-video-for-burn-from-the-purple-tour-live

And thought, WTF? A live album of Deep Purple stuff? C'mon. But since I have absolutely nothing to do, I clicked the video. Well the video blew, but the audio was ....... :metal
Damn, it was a great hard rock spin on Burn. I actually really liked it. Has Tommy Aldridge, cool. And I'm sorry, Michele Luppi should be fronting his own band. He is an amazing vocalist. But damn, he's playing some pretty nice keyboards.

Looking at the setlist, a modern hard rock version of these tracks sounds inviting.

What do you guys think??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I think Michelle Luppi is fronting his own band - Secret Sphere.  Plus, mid-2000s Vision Divine
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh, I know him from Vision Divine.

Secret Sphere? I think I had also heard that. I may have them Saved on Spotify. :facepalm:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Portrait of a Dying Heart - you need it in your life.  Their recent live release was pretty good too.  I only spun The Nature of Time a couple of times.  Might have to do that this week.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I have The Nature Of Time Saved. I'll go through their Artist Page.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I only have Scent for a Human Desire which is pretty killer.  Yet to check out Portrait and I though Nature of Time was pretty crap and weak.

I'll have to check out that Whitesnake later.  I haven't really followed what he's doing with this release.  Seems to have been a few pointless Whitesnake releases lately that I just have lost track.

Offline Lowdz

So over the last many years, I've kind of looked at what Whitesnake has done and completely scoffed. The notion that Coverdale parades a bunch of jamokes around playing old stuff from the 70's and 80's has to me, seemed quite boorish.

Anyway, I saw this link on Bravewords this morning:
https://bravewords.com/news/whitesnake-release-official-video-for-burn-from-the-purple-tour-live

And thought, WTF? A live album of Deep Purple stuff? C'mon. But since I have absolutely nothing to do, I clicked the video. Well the video blew, but the audio was ....... :metal
Damn, it was a great hard rock spin on Burn. I actually really liked it. Has Tommy Aldridge, cool. And I'm sorry, Michele Luppi should be fronting his own band. He is an amazing vocalist. But damn, he's playing some pretty nice keyboards.

Looking at the setlist, a modern hard rock version of these tracks sounds inviting.

What do you guys think??

Like latter day Whitesnake, it’s killed by the vocals. The metalizing works but Coverdale is just too old to sing it now.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I only have Scent for a Human Desire which is pretty killer.  Yet to check out Portrait and I though Nature of Time was pretty crap and weak.

I wouldn't be that harsh towards it, but there surely was a reason I haven't gone back to it much.   ;)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I wouldn't be that harsh towards it, but there surely was a reason I haven't gone back to it much.   ;)

Just had no balls, too soft for me.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The 2015 re-recording of A Time Never Come is my most played of theirs I think - followed by Heart and Anger.

Tha Nature of Time blows  ;D  (although I did quite like Track 10 - The Awakening .....but by then it was far too late to save much)

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
"When he was sleeping with his current wife on our tour bus, or moving in with her before they were married?"

:omg:

Wow! Talk about ripping a guy!   :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
"When he was sleeping with his current wife on our tour bus, or moving in with her before they were married?"

You can just imagine their road stories.   "And remember that time when Oz forgot to say grace before we tucked into some ham sandwiches......oh man!"

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

You can just imagine their road stories.   "And remember that time when Oz forgot to say grace before we tucked into some ham sandwiches......oh man!"

Hey, that already sounds more interesting then Bruce Dickinson's book.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim, I know you've mentioned a few times about Bruce's book and it not being very good.  Have you finished it yet?  It's surprising that it was pretty boring, I would have figured it to be filled with great stories.  I think I'll pass on that one regardless.

And this Stryper feud is getting out of control!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Tim, I know you've mentioned a few times about Bruce's book and it not being very good.  Have you finished it yet?  It's surprising that it was pretty boring, I would have figured it to be filled with great stories.  I think I'll pass on that one regardless.

No I haven't finished it. I actually lost interest. But please don't pass on it based on anything I say. Lots of people around here have enjoyed it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Fuck me, how does he live with himself!!  :rollin

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Third part of Blaze Bayley's trilogy coming on 2nd March.  Second one was a big step up from the first so should be interesting.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It looks like Joey Tempest has come out to Australia in advance of the tour to see the sights, belt come cops...... :D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Can't say I thought that when I saw it on the news a couple of days ago Brent, but now that you mention it.  :lol

Gotta love Australia!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
He'd never make it in Stryper.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol

Just listening to the new album from Eisley/Goldy.   I had read some pretty scathing reviews and decided it can't be all that bad.  Well.........it's pretty bad  :lol

I think they're trying hard to get that epic House of Lords/Giuffria vibe but for the most part it falls flat.  Eisley ain't what he used to be either.

Anyone else heard it or am I taking one for the team?  :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:47:34 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol

Just listening to the new album from Eisley/Goldy.   I had read some pretty scathing reviews and decided it can't be all that bad.  Well.........it's pretty bad  :lol

I think they're trying hard to get that epic House of Lords/Giuffria vibe but for the most part it falls flat.  Eisley ain't what he used to be either.

Anyone else heard it or am I taking one for the team?  :D

I think I may have sampled a song from memory and it was shit.

Something will surely hit the mark in 2018.  2018 will be the year Frontiers has a resurgence, I can feel it...... :mehlin

Oh, and Brent, you're always taking one for the team mate.  Might as well bend over for a 2018 crapfest now.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:22:29 AM by wolfking »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I pretty much fired a guy today, so I think if Oz leaves, I have no chance.

EDIT:  Wait, just remembered I farted in public and I think someone heard me, yeah no chance.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I have actually been shocked with how much good stuff I have turned up from 2017 Kade - you just need to spend half your life digging and you'll be fine ;D 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I have actually been shocked with how much good stuff I have turned up from 2017 Kade - you just need to spend half your life digging and you'll be fine ;D

While I don't want to dedicate 1/2 my life, you're right...I completely agree - there is good stuff out there.  Of the four recent ones on my list to (finally) check out, 2 were excellent; 1 was decent enough with a couple of great tracks; 1 was meh. 

Offline Lowdz

Listening to Gaines, there’s hope for me in joining Stryper. And I’m an atheist  :)

And Brent, not checked out the Goldy Eisley but did listen to the first single. It was poor and Eisley’s voice wasn’t great. Expected more as I like Goldy’s playing and I like Eisley in Dirty White Boys.

Offline Lowdz

I tend to be critical of Russel Allen not “singing “ enough in SC. Just seen this video of him singing for TSO. Simply stunn8ng vocal. Hairs stood on end. Not on my head of course - haven’t got any left 😀 but you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/o_TIR_Lq3rk

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
That man can definitely sing.  :tup
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

hahaha.  You're right thought Brent, I've spent literally zero time looking for stuff this year, just checking the bands I know obviously and moving on.  So figures I haven't found anything really good.

That's why I'm really looking forward to your podcast.  Saying that though, perhaps I shouldn't listen and hold out a couple more months for my roulette.  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I tend to be critical of Russel Allen not “singing “ enough in SC. Just seen this video of him singing for TSO. Simply stunn8ng vocal. Hairs stood on end. Not on my head of course - haven’t got any left 😀 but you get the idea.

https://youtu.be/o_TIR_Lq3rk

Is this a secret band of Russel's I've never heard of?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Symphony Chaos :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
STOP MAKING FUN OF THE BEST ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

CHEERS

CHAOSYSTEM

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I have no IDEA who YOU are TALKING about.

Now let's make some setlists that make no sense...