Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 901795 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Just checked out the new Pretty Boy Floyd - the first 2 songs was more than enough :lol     And 15 songs on the album -yikes.  A free Ben'n'Brent officially licensed shirt - "the kingshmegland T-shit" - for anyone who can get through the lot without hitting Skip.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 10:00:01 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Just checked out the new Pretty Boy Floyd - the first 2 songs was more than enough :lol     And 15 songs on the album -yikes.  A free Ben'n'Brent officially licensed shirt - "the kingshmegland T-shit" - for anyone who can get through the lot without hitting Skip.

I'll get thru it without hitting Play.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Who's better Brent, Pretty Boy Floyd or Ugly Kid Joe?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Don't know any Pretty Boy Floyd, but that sounds like a challenge I'd be stupid enough to take up.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I'll take Ugly Kid Joe  :)

Is this Crimson Glory reincarnated as a wuss band ?

https://youtu.be/jePDKJydZxs

;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The wuss meter is high on that one. It blows!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Holy shit. I got through 45 seconds. What The F'n F is that.

Is it OK to call something gay these days? Because that was f%#king gay! *

*No offence meant to actual gay people.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

I bought the first Pretty Boy Floyd album and hated it. Made Poison sound like Mozart.

I sampled a track from the new one and it was basically a copy of Sabbath’s Never Say Die, but shit.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I'll take Ugly Kid Joe  :)

Is this Crimson Glory reincarnated as a wuss band ?

https://youtu.be/jePDKJydZxs

;D

What the fucking fuck is this horseshit!?  I'm already having a shit day and you just made it worse and it's only 7:30am!!  >:(

20 seconds of that video makes me want to punch someone.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy shit. I got through 45 seconds. What The F'n F is that.

Is it OK to call something gay these days? Because that was f%#king gay! *

*No offence meant to actual gay people.

No offense either as I voted yes in our recent political poll, but even fucking gay people would be like, 'fucks that's some gay shit.'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's great to see Kade is so passionate about gay music  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's great to see Kade is so passionate about gay music  ;D

Damn right, Judas Priest!!  :metal  ;D

(jk, I love you Rob)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

Merry Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypL5-mDCzY

Wtf did I do to deserve that 😱. Guess I’m still on the naughty list

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

So bad.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I'm listening to the Defender's 30th Anniversary edition tonight, the live show from Long Beach, which is all kinds of  :metal

Anyway, I'm not up on my JP guitarists' styles to tell them apart, but who is mixed in my right ear, and who is in my left? Kade?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

So bad.

I lasted longer in Scaul's roulette than I did with that link.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Merry Christmas!

Merry Kipmas :metal

I'm not sure how much I'll be around over the weekend so while I think of it............thanks everyone for helping to keep me sane during 2017 with your musical knowledge/discussion , humour and just being cool dudes  :metal    All the best for Xmas and a nice, heavy 2018.

As far as 2017 goes for music I set myself the challenge back around August/September to put together some sort of collection of quality music released this year.   I thought it might be an impossible task based on what I had heard to that point but hundreds of hours of research and listening later and I think I have really come up with plenty of great, lesser known stuff.  I am not sure of the format that any podcast/s will take at this point but I can pretty much guarantee that everyone will discover something they like.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So I'm listening to the Defender's 30th Anniversary edition tonight, the live show from Long Beach, which is all kinds of  :metal

Anyway, I'm not up on my JP guitarists' styles to tell them apart, but who is mixed in my right ear, and who is in my left? Kade?

KK is the left and Glenn on the right Tim.  Thats the way Priest have always rolled. Im out so posting on my phone to confirm this one is indeed mixed that way but looking at the set, these credits will confirm;

Jawbreaker is KK
Metal Gods is Glenn
Rock Hard first is KK and second is Glen
Electric Eye is Glenn
Freewheel Burning is Glenn

Glenn plays overall a lot more solos than KK.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Merry Christmas!

I'm not sure how much I'll be around over the weekend so while I think of it............thanks everyone for helping to keep me sane during 2017 with your musical knowledge/discussion , humour and just being cool dudes  :metal    All the best for Xmas and a nice, heavy 2018.

As far as 2017 goes for music I set myself the challenge back around August/September to put together some sort of collection of quality music released this year.   I thought it might be an impossible task based on what I had heard to that point but hundreds of hours of research and listening later and I think I have really come up with plenty of great, lesser known stuff.  I am not sure of the format that any podcast/s will take at this point but I can pretty much guarantee that everyone will discover something they like.

Merry Kipmas fuck yeah!!

Enjoy your weekend Brent, thanks for an awesome 2017 and your podcasts are unreal and much appreciated.

Love all you fellas really and enjoy the holidays. I wish we could all get together in person and have a drink and enjoy some metal. Sucks we are all so far away from each other.

Offline Lowdz

KK is the left and Glenn on the right Tim.  Thats the way Priest have always rolled. Im out so posting on my phone to confirm this one is indeed mixed that way but looking at the set, these credits will confirm;

Jawbreaker is KK
Metal Gods is Glenn
Electric Eye is Glenn

I always remember it as Glenn plays the good stuff and KK makes noise and does Blues licks 😀

Offline Lowdz

Merry Christmas!

Merry Kipmas fuck yeah!!

Enjoy your weekend Brent, thanks for an awesome 2017 and your podcasts are unreal and much appreciated.

Love all you fellas really and enjoy the holidays. I wish we could all get together in person and have a drink and enjoy some metal. Sucks we are all so far away from each other.

I’ll second that. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you dudes.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Merry Christmas to all the coolest dudes of DTF.  You're all on my bucket list of DTF'rs to meet.  JJ is the next most likely to be scratched off the list, as my job just might take me to Winterpeg sometime in the not-so-distant future.  In the meantime, all we can do is rock on, and have a virtual tip of the glass... or in my case, cup of coffee.

*clink*

Super looking forward to the B&B 2017 wrap up podcast... I had to force myself to limit the exploration to 15 albums after the 2016 year-end podcast.  Expect I'll have a similar dilemma this year.  Still have a couple from the last podcast on the 'check it out' list.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Have a Metal Christmas and a Head Banging New Year!!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Jawbreaker is KK
Metal Gods is Glenn
Electric Eye is Glenn

I always remember it as Glenn plays the good stuff and KK makes noise and does Blues licks 😀

KK is a very competent guitarist but, its hard to argue with that to a certain degree.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Thanks Kade!

I remember the Defenders tour. I didn't go, but that came in the spring of 1984. I actually saw Van Halen in March of 1984. (interesting TAC Fact: VH played two nights in Providence, March 17 & 18th. I saw the second show on the 18th. Though I would not meet her until 1996, it turns out The Future Lovely Mrs. TAC saw the show on the 17th!).
Anyway, my parents wouldn't' let me go to both shows, and VH was the clear priority. Once we got VH tix, JP was out. VH was only my 3rd concert, as I was 15 at the time. A friend of mine who didn't get VH tix went to JP instead and tried telling me how much better JP was. Sore loser!! Great White opened the Defenders show here.

Anyway, as I was listening to this today,

...I was thinking a lot about those days. Even though this Dio live album is from 1993, I was thinking about how much of my high school years were dominated by Ronnie Dio. I saw The Last In Line tour in August of '84 (Twisted Sister opened). I mean, I remember listening to the local Metal radio show when they premiered the Holy Diver album. The played Stand Up And Shout and Straight Through The Heart. I'll never forget that.

Anyway, while I was listening, I was thinking how much I missed Dio in my musical life. I graduated in 1986, and listening to Dio really helped to make those years special. I just can't count how many times, we'd be hanging at the beach or cruising around blasting Dio.

Which brings me to 1993 Dio. After Lock Up The Wolves, the Dio camp went silent. I figured he found a great young guitarist in Rowan, and the must be working on something great. A couple years later, I see Strange Highways on an Import List. WTF?? A new album from Dio? Not even released in the US?? Strange Highways has a buch of really cool songs, but the rest is kind of ho hum. But of course compared to Angry Machines, it's a masterpiece. But who the F is Traci G? And what kind of F'n name is Traci G?? I thought he blew. He was even a huge step down from Craig Goldie, and that's saying something.
Listening to Live In London, he absolutely butchers the beautiful solo from Holy Diver, as well as the underrated solo from Mob Rules. What a f'n mess. But this is still a high energy performance and a cool album.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Gee, thanks to you, I going to be celebrating Hannukah instead. ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Headed for a Hannukah   :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:rollin

Speaking of Dio live Tim, I always liked Inferno.  I liked what Tracy G did with some of those solos.  Completely different, but I'm open to it.

I can't remember much from the Live in London, but I think I liked what he did on that one too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

She's only sevenstein?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

She's only sevenstein?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:rollin

You guys never disappoint. I love you guys. I mean I hate you guys, but I love you guys!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Preordered Saxon's Thunderbolt today! :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Preordered Saxon's Thunderbolt today! :metal

:metal :metal :metal :metal