Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 906484 times)

nick_z and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I guess Tim hasn't noticed the White Lion in there yet.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I was temporarily blinded when I got to the "W"'s.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I listened to Abominog a shit ton back in the day. I thought Peter Goalby had an awesome voice.
Yeah, Son Of A Bitch wasn't on my album. Abominog hasn't really aged that well though.

I can't decide if I like that Vain song or not. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Holy shit Brent, did that Van Stephenson tune blow.  :lol
If you do a Wuss Thread Podcast, that should fit in nicely.

That Villian tune is cool. The singer has a Ray Alder quality to his voice.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:18:46 AM by TAC »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Brent, thank you for the Waysted double shot. I wore out The Good The Bad The Waysted when I was a kid. It made The TAC Top 50 (#24).
Features both Jerry Shirley and Paul Chapman. Brutal production, but Chapman has some tasty licks throughout the entire album.

I rate it much higher than Vices, but although Vices is uneven, I still love it. Once you get past the first two songs (Love Loaded and Women In Chains), it's actually pretty good. Great tracks like Night Of The Wolf, Right From The Start, Toy With The Passion, and Sleazy.

Offline Lowdz

For the record, I think Making Contact is just OK. They really missed Pete Way on it, and it's quite scattered.

When It's Time To Rock is decent enough. The production on this album kills the energy, but I love the instrumental part. One of my favorite Chapman moments. Cool solo in the outro.

I rate Making Contact in the lower half.

I like MC. Some very good songs on it agree about the production.

I’ve downloaded the podcast but not got around to listening yet.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought it was fucking awesome actually.  Only heard it once on the podcast here but it keeps popping into my head.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

I know Brent wasn’t too impressed with the PC 69 but I enjoyed my first play. Nothing too different from what they do but it rocked.

Enjoyed it more than the JSS but that had its moments.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I thought it was fucking awesome actually.  Only heard it once on the podcast here but it keeps popping into my head.

Haha, you would like it. You have that soft spot, and I mean that as a compliment.  :)

And I did recognize one unnamed song that won a round in my Roulette.  ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just a side note question from the podcast.

I'm curious what everyone thinks, especially the Chadster, of Greta Van Fleet.

Good grief, do they sound identical to Led Zeppelin or what. For a group of 18-21 year olds, that is just uncanny. I read an interview with them and they didn't even seem like they were much of a Zeppelin fan at all.

It's astronomicaly rare that I like a mainstream radio song, but I definitely don't mind that tune.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I've literally never heard a note from them.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran

yeah, I thought it was pretty great
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline erwinrafael

Good grief, do they sound identical to Led Zeppelin or what. For a group of 18-21 year olds, that is just uncanny. I read an interview with them and they didn't even seem like they were much of a Zeppelin fan at all.

It's astronomicaly rare that I like a mainstream radio song, but I definitely don't mind that tune.

When I first heard the Greta Van Fleet song, Highway Tune, I thought it was a Led Zep song that I haven't heard before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

These kids are amazing.

Offline Lowdz

Yes his voice is as annoying identical to Robert Plant. No thanks...

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

A buddy of mine played them for me when they first starting hitting the radio airways in the summer.  The Zeppelin sound is undeniable.  Pretty good little EP, and I do enjoy it a lot.  Looking forward to seeing what they can do over the course of a full album.

Certainly no surprise that Tim's never heard of them, or that Paul hates the vocals.   :lol :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So my son was in the Veteran's Day Parade today:

But what I wanted to show was that I live in a small town, where the school band might have 30 kids in it....
BUT 3 of them are bass guitarists!  :lol :metal

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
There's three kids that'll never get laid.   :lol

Awesome for Jr TAC!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
There's three kids that'll never get laid.   :lol

Awesome for Jr TAC!

I think at least they will get laid before the guys with the saxaphones.  ;D

Joking aside, that's awesome Tim.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just wanted to add that the Velocity I think it was, Love is Dangerous, was bloody awesome.

Offline Lowdz

Just wanted to add that the Velocity I think it was, Love is Dangerous, was bloody awesome.

Velocity are pretty good.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool feedback on all those songs thanks guys - it makes me feel better knowing that the risky ones did get the few fans I was expecting  ;D

Now Tim..........re Stryper bass player.  It ended up being the dude from Firehouse but you might remember that my 2 main picks were Lomenzo and McNabb.  I missed it by a bee's dick  ;D  Recent quote from Michael Sweet:

Regarding how STRYPER hooked up with Richardson, Michael said: "Our co-manager mentioned [Perry]. We were talking with Sean McNabb [LYNCH MOB] and I had a brief conversation with Chris Wyse, who plays with Ace Frehley and THE CULT. I love James LoMenzo [MEGADETH, WHITE LION, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY], who could have been a great fit, too. But there's so much to think about, so when Perry's name got thrown out there, it was one of those, 'I never thought of that' things. I reached out him, and scheduled a flight.

Oh - an important Bret Michaels update.  He will soon be appearing on a show called Love Camp where he gives dating advice to chicks.  And he is also releasing his first Xmas song so that should be huge too.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Now Tim..........re Stryper bass player.  It ended up being the dude from Firehouse but you might remember that my 2 main picks were Lomenzo and McNabb.  I missed it by a bee's dick  ;D  Recent quote from Michael Sweet:

Regarding how STRYPER hooked up with Richardson, Michael said: "Our co-manager mentioned [Perry]. We were talking with Sean McNabb [LYNCH MOB] and I had a brief conversation with Chris Wyse, who plays with Ace Frehley and THE CULT. I love James LoMenzo [MEGADETH, WHITE LION, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY], who could have been a great fit, too. But there's so much to think about, so when Perry's name got thrown out there, it was one of those, 'I never thought of that' things. I reached out him, and scheduled a flight.

I never doubted you for a second! I had always assumed Lomenzo was a west coast guy. Plus, I just can't give White Lion any love.

If that bee had an erection you would've nailed it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Seriously how much of a douche is DS?

https://youtu.be/oAJ9WfRVBuc?t=264

If Soto remains in this band (or if this band survives) beyond maybe one more album I would be seriously surprised.  I just can't imagine anyone putting up with their crap unless there's huge coin to be made.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
And to think mostly everyone around here considered him pretty classy.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I watched about 45 seconds of that, and DS looks bored (studying the ceiling) when the focus isn't on him.

Seriously, 10 pounds of douche in a 5 pound bucket is what that guy is.  Never is he going to get a cent of my money.  Stick to instrumentals pal... the vox on SoA ain't all that great.

Offline Lowdz

And to think mostly everyone around here considered him pretty classy.

I very nearly didn’t buy the album because of Sherinian’s attitude, but I really liked it.
As we say around these parts, he’s a complete twat.

Offline ozzy554

If Soto remains in this band (or if this band survives) beyond maybe one more album I would be seriously surprised.  I just can't imagine anyone putting up with their crap unless there's huge coin to be made.

Yeah that's some BS right there. JSS still has a pretty good set of pipes for his age and seems like a cool guy as well. One of my main complaints about the album is that it feels like he's restrained. Now I see that I was right lol
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

DS is seriously on drugs, he's completely whacked.  Such an arrogant reponse and great way to put down JSS mate.  Maybe they should have let JSS contribute from what I've heard.  I still haven't listened to the album and probably won't bother.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know if this has been posted but it's a Sweet/Lynch video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0fFiymgMwA

What the fuck is this?  This is fucking terrible.  Jesus!!?

Offline erwinrafael

JSS should just tour his newly-released album, which I am enjoying more immensely than SoA.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

JSS should just tour his newly-released album, which I am enjoying more immensely than SoA.

I need to check it out.  Damage Control was absolutely brilliant IMO and even the Soto stuff I didn't mind.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just had a listen to the couple of new songs from the new PF best of.  The cover is strange even though it's well done.  Predator was really excellent with an old school PF vibe, but Thrill of Speed was more generic and filler.  It's all Magnus on guitars too, perhaps everything else also except vox.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Just had a listen to the couple of new songs from the new PF best of.  The cover is strange even though it's well done.  Predator was really excellent with an old school PF vibe, but Thrill of Speed was more generic and filler.  It's all Magnus on guitars too, perhaps everything else also except vox.

:rollin :rollin  It's not like he's Yngvie!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:rollin :rollin  It's not like he's Yngvie!

He sings a lot better at least.  :biggrin:

Well, I say that cause it's weird Alex and Tom on present on these tracks.  Makes me think he wrote them all himself then got Ralf to sing over the top.  Wouldn't be surprised if he played the bass and even a drum machine haha.

Offline Lowdz

If Yngwie sang and wrote as well as Magnus, I’d still care.