Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 906363 times)

Offline Lowdz

New Lynch Mob song is shit. Sounds awful, more of that personal pet hate distortion on the vocal, didn't get past about 30 seconds.

https://www.hairbandheaven.rocks/single-post/2017/08/18/LYNCH-MOBs-Mr-Jekyll-And-Hyde-Video-Premiere

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So since our trip, I've been in a total Thin Lizzy/Gary Moore mood. I finally bought this:

I just want to say that this DVD is phenomenal. I have no good excuse for never having gotten this before. I've watched it a couple of times and it gives me goosebumps the entire way through. It's amazing.

And another question...Does Scott Gorham somehow get overlooked? So much is made of the long line of guitarists that came and went, but Gorham was always there and was as responsible for their sound as anyone. Plus the dude had some of the best hair in rock n roll.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:26:46 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Always enjoyed Scott Gorham's playing. I've only seen this on tv so will have to check whether there's any extra tracks not broadcast. 
Have you tried the first 21 Guns album?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
No. Added to the list.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
that's a good one
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was just listening to the three Magnitude 9 albums and this is some awesome music.  Melodic, heavy and progressive.  I doubt they will ever make any other albums; I think I heard that the singer is now in Balance of Power, which is a much bigger band.

But the three M9 albums have some great tunes on it!

Offline Lowdz

I had Reality in Focus back in the day and enjoyed it. It's decent stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I've got all 3 as well.  Like many albums/artists in my library, I don't listen to them often, but when I do, I thoroughly enjoy it.  Reality in Focus made my 2nd Top 50, iirc.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Checking Reality In Focus now. Sounds pretty good.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I only have Decoding The Soul and thought it was pretty average.

I think I heard that the singer is now in Balance of Power, which is a much bigger band.

He is listed as their vocalist in places but they haven't released a studio album in almost 15 years and he has never appeared on a studio release.  Hopefully they do something as I like the band -  Book of Secrets appeared in my Top 50/125 :D  I think.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

That's because it is.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Same.  I think only one song stood out from memory.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Both of you should give Reality in Focus a go.  It's their best album by far.

Offline Lowdz

Both of you should give Reality in Focus a go.  It's their best album by far.

It is really good. The cover of Flight of Icarus is a bit of a waste of time, but it's worth a listen.

Offline Lowdz

Found this on YouTube and really liked it. Anyone heard the whole thing? And by anyone, I mean Brent, obviously 😀😀😀😀

https://www.melodicrock.com/articles/melodicrock-records/2017/06/30/jan-akessons-shadow-rain-ascension-showcase

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Found this on YouTube and really liked it. Anyone heard the whole thing? And by anyone, I mean Brent, obviously 😀😀😀😀

https://www.melodicrock.com/articles/melodicrock-records/2017/06/30/jan-akessons-shadow-rain-ascension-showcase

Not yet mate but , like you, I have heard enough to have me interested in it.  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

https://www.facebook.com/leatherwolfmetal/videos/1872253356134473/

Leatherwolf sounding good  :metal

They're playing about 60 miles from here later this week but I'm not well enough to drive it. Shame.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Was just playing "Thunder" by Leatherwolf tonight!!

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
Premier Guitar Magazine clued me in on The Dead Dasies with John Corabi on vocals, Doug Aldrich on guitar and Marco Mendoza on bass among its members. This sure scratched the recent hard rock itch. I'm sure some folks in this message board would enjoy this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_Daisies

https://youtu.be/n1e0AAjXscE

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Premier Guitar Magazine clued me in on The Dead Dasies with John Corabi on vocals, Doug Aldrich on guitar and Marco Mendoza on bass among its members. This sure scratched the recent hard rock itch. I'm sure some folks in this message board would enjoy this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_Daisies

https://youtu.be/n1e0AAjXscE

I'm an Aldrich fan but I actually thought their last album was a lot stronger (better songs)

https://www.facebook.com/leatherwolfmetal/videos/1872253356134473/

Leatherwolf sounding good  :metal

They're playing about 60 miles from here later this week but I'm not well enough to drive it. Shame.

Nice - awesome sound (probably a bit too awesome) and good to see them pushing on.   There was another version of the band not too long ago but it seems Olivieri's version has survived the battle.  Joey Tafolla recently joined too.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TVC 15

I'm an Aldrich fan but I actually thought their last album was a lot stronger (better songs)

Thank you for the tip. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Offline Lowdz

They do absolutely nothing for me. Not sure why as I do like bluesy hard rock. Not overly fond of Carobi's voice, maybe that's it, but I loved the first The Scream album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Nothing I've heard from the Dead Daisies did anything for me.  I find it funny how a band with the names in the lineup now started with Aussie born Jon Stevens.

Offline TVC 15

My receptiveness to their music is probably also tied to the fact that it's been a while since I really dipped toes back into old school hard rock--at this point, the bar was set really low.  I'll eventually build some sort of filter as I get deep into it again  :smiley:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Man, that last Hammerfall album was so disappointing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think I heard it once or twice after buying it. I'm actually listening to it now. It just didn't hook me.

I also didn't care for Infected, though I know you did, Kade.

Also, I am definitely enjoying the new Accept. Some very tasty licks on this.
This second life of Accept has been very satisfying. It doesn't have the range of 80's Accept, but these are solid releases. And by solid, I mean  :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Also, I am definitely enjoying the new Accept. Some very tasty licks on this.
This second life of Accept has been very satisfying. It doesn't have the range of 80's Accept, but these are solid releases. And by solid, I mean  :metal

"Solid" is reserved for the Issa-loving thread.   :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I would definitely say that the new Accept was "solid" as well  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
We are all guilty of the "solid" analogy!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
We are all guilty of the "solid" analogy!

That's because it's a um..solid analogy.

:neverusethis:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
haha, that's actually a solid analogy of the aforementioned solid analogies.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I am prepared to accept that Tim gets solid listening to Accept.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I am prepared to accept that Tim gets solid listening to Accept.

:rollin :rollin