Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 905068 times)

Offline Lowdz

New Inglorious track. certainly going for the Whitesnake vibe and a great vocal. Again, not the catchiest of songs, they lack some magic dust in the songwriting for me.

https://youtu.be/MHSu22a3etA

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
How much AC/DC have the Aussie boys heard in their lives?.  I envision they are played constantly on the radio in Australia, just like Rush or the Tragically Hip are played non stop in Canada.

Probably the reason I'm not a fan of them at all.  Yeah, rock radio stations, they are a staple, every few hours it seems.  overplayed to death.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Dream Evil.  Standard stuff, pretty much a rip of the Book of Heavy Metal, but I'm looking forward to the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRTv_ycvUVk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I just sampled a couple of tracks from the new Sinner on youtube and it's sounding really good.  Definitely will pick that one up I think.

Only 3 songs on Spotify.  I like it!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Anthrax covering Carry On My Wayward Son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVD5iqAcIbQ

Pretty faithful. Could do without the keyboards. Joey is amazing on this. He sounds just like Steve Walsh.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
He sounds somewhat like Walsh.

The keys are terrific.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Joey has such an underrated voice, good cover. And Joey is getting more and more gigs singing the national anthem at sporting events. He does an outstanding job doing that

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Update in The DTF Croc Thread!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So it's been an interesting couple of days with these floods.  I have been in this area for 28 years and have never seen anything like this.  All around is flooded and lots of people losing their homes right in my very surrounding suburbs.  Have lost power at one of my work stations and still don't have power and not expecting it for at least a couple of days.  Causing a lot of lost work for my casual workers also which is a bit stressful for me.  The water was even not far from my very home also.  You can't get around much anywhere at the moment and people are losing their shit with the shops getting run dry.  The cleanup and bill for this is going to be almost impossible to recover from.  Lots of animals and cattle lost too which is awful to think about.  Here's some pics;

This is the off street I live on.  I live 3 houses up from this.  There is not normally water there, it's a walkway and bush type area that normally is very low down.  The water was rising but fortunately didn't spill over;

This area now 3 different images.  You can see how high the water went up.  Between the first and second picks it's about 18 hours, then it ramped up and that 3rd pick is about 6 hours later and was still going higher for another few hours from that time.  The third pic I'm on the other side.

This is the road where I work at.  I'm standing in front of work and this is just down the road.

This is just behind my work.  It's normally a very small half a meter type lake that runs through.

We never expected this at all.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Damn!

Don't go in the water!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:43:40 AM by TAC »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry that you're going through that Kade

I hope nobody is injured at all

In the springtime there is usually some flooding in Winnipeg, but not to that extent

Offline Lowdz

Jeez a bit of rain and you Aussies go to bits. Try living in the north west of England. That's a normal summer's day 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Jeez a bit of rain and you Aussies go to bits. Try living in the north west of England. That's a normal summer's day 😀

haha, yeah we normally have it pretty good here, just we've never seen this one before.  I think 5 people have died from this so far.  :'(

Sorry that you're going through that Kade

I hope nobody is injured at all

In the springtime there is usually some flooding in Winnipeg, but not to that extent

Thanks man.  Yeah, I'm not really affected at all which is great, but so many others have been devastated.  Mother Nature is a cruel bitch sometimes.

Offline Lowdz

My town was flooded 18 months ago. The town had never known anything like it. We were without power for a few days. The kids thought it was great fun. Until the batteries ran out on their gadgets 😀

We're used to seeing forest fires down your way, not floods.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://bravewords.com/news/brave-history-april-5th-2017-alice-in-chains-cozy-powell-kiss-nirvana-judas-priest-pearl-jam-fair-warning-monstrosity-glen-drover-voivod-asking-alexandria-volbeat-and-more

Interesting. Layne Staley, Cozy Powell, Mark St. John, and Kurt Cobain all died on April 5th. And oddly, both Les Binks and Dave Holland were born on the same day (and year).

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Thats unreal that both Layne and Kurt were on the same day

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Les Blinks was so underrated.  His work on Stained Class is stellar.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Priest went through a lot of different drummers in the 70's but Les appears to be the best of the bunch.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Priest went through a lot of different drummers in the 70's but Les appears to be the best of the bunch.

Les is more!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Les is more!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

June 2nd

01. End Of The Road
02. Ferryman
03. Fool You All
04. Still Standing Up
05. Cry Wolf
06. One Heart
07. Darkest Hour
08. How The Story Ends
09. Enter Your Dream
10. Eyes On The Sky
11. Eternal Night
12. Welcome To My Show

This makes me as hard as Kip.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
No kidding... this is a killer trio.  I didn't know Terrana by name, but seeing who's on his resume (Rage, ARP, Vision Divine, MacAlpine, and Masterplan), I'm even more excited about this one.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
There was an EPK a little while back for that. Sounded promising.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Good from afar but far from good.

aka DDF: Distance Distortion Factor

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Jorn is back on June 2
Quote from: FB
Frontiers Music Srl is delighted to announce the release of JORN's brand new studio album, entitled “Life on Death Road” on June 2, 2017. Pre-order from the Frontiers' webstore here: www.frontiers.shop
Easily one of the greatest rock singers of the 21st century, Norway's very own giant Viking warrior Jorn Lande’s vocals are resoundingly strong once again on his ninth original studio album, “Life on Death Road”! This absolutely brilliant new album sees Lande attacking the microphone with rejuvenated vigor, accompanied by a new band and a bigger and stronger sound.
“Life On Death Road” took several months of hard work for the songwriting vision to come together. JORN needed to take the music to a new level to push the concept of the band further than it has ever gone before. The result is a record that is deep, strong, full of groove and powerful with anthemic songs aplenty! Songs like "Man Of The 80's", "Love Is The Remedy", "Life On Death Road", "Insoluble Maze (Dreams In The Blindness)", and "The Slippery Slope (Hangman's Rope)" capture the essence of Jorn as a singer, songwriter and lyricist.

The album also marks the debut of a new lineup of very experienced and gifted musicians around the Norwegian singer. On bass is Mat Sinner (Primal Fear, Sinner, kiskesomerville) who needs virtually no introduction to European heavy metal fanatics. On keyboards and production is Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, Revolution Saints), who already joined JORN for the recording of his last covers album, “Heavy Rock Radio” and was the glue that helped Jorn to create the feel and the direction for the new album. Francesco Jovino (Primal Fear) is on drums and Alex Beyrodt (Primal Fear, VOODOO CIRCLE) handles guitar. Truly a recipe for a roaring success!

Jorn had no desire to do "just another" JORN record. The aim was to do the best record possible and it took almost two years of writing, arranging, and producing before wrapping this all up. The performances are thunderous across the board and you can hear the urgency of these songs in Jorn's singing!

I've been increasingly disappointed in his solo releases, so I'm not holding my breath over this one - though, the musical lineup is pretty solid.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Del Vicchio at it again.  :lol

Basically most of Jorn's band now is Primal Fear haha.  Hopefully it adds something fresh to his sound.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal  :metal :metal

Offline Lowdz

New Mark Slaughter track, promising a return to the early Slaughter sound. Track is ok but it reminds me of Steel Panther, which is weird. Without the cuss words of course  :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/-b9IthjQM5Q

Looking forward to The Ferrymen, not so much the Jorn, which is a shame.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
How is Tim going to react with Slaughter news in this thread. I'm sure he puts them at blow level

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Looking forward to The Ferrymen, not so much the Jorn, which is a shame.

It's a shame that we aren't getting that excited over Jorn anymore, he was the shit quite a few years ago where everything he was touching just turned to gold.

I hope The Ferrymen is more on the heavier side too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Mark Slaughter track, promising a return to the early Slaughter sound.
Promising? Sounds like a threat to me.

How is Tim going to react with Slaughter news in this thread. I'm sure he puts them at blow level

;D
Pretty much. I honestly never even blinked an eye at them. That band had nothing to offer me.

Winger would be better!

Fake News!!!