Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 904734 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So as you guys know, I just cannot get into Extreme, but I've been watching tonight this and enjoying it very much
Extreme-Donnington '94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI_sx4GBnww&t=364s
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Awesome camera work.  :metal

The next podcast is coming along nicely btw - the first of our "Best Of 80's-90's Rock Rarities" shows.    It'll cover bands starting with #'s , A and B.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
That sounds like fun, I'll look forward to it.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
The next podcast is coming along nicely btw - the first of our "Best Of 80's-90's Rock Rarities" shows.    It'll cover bands starting with #'s , A and B.

So, this is episode 1 of 13 then?   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Could be  :D   Although - without checking - I would guess that A's and B's take up more than their fair share of space in the alphabet.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
A Brent Rarities show is truly the rarest of the rare

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
A Brent Rarities show is truly the rarest of the rare

Shit would be so rare that Brent doesn't even fucking know them!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING FOR BRISBANE AND AS FAR SOUTH AS SYDNEY

As the remnants of Cyclone Debbie move south Kade is warned to stay inside and listen to metal.

A warning to Blob to stay inside is considered unnecessary

Seriously.........keep out of harm's way boyz.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
We are supposed to get thunderstorms and a shitload of rain today, but Sydney always gets hit much harder than we do a bit further out west. But I'll stay inside today just to be safe. :blob:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING FOR BRISBANE AND AS FAR SOUTH AS SYDNEY

As the remnants of Cyclone Debbie move south Kade is warned to stay inside and listen to metal.

A warning to Blob to stay inside is considered unnecessary

Seriously.........keep out of harm's way boyz.

They talked it up but there was a fair bit of flooding and damage.  All schools today were closed and businesses were all closed by 12pm, which was way over the top if you ask me.  It was more precautionary as the worst was suppose to hit between 5pm-7pm so authorities were just trying to avoid peak hour chaos.  The system kind of weakened though and has almost fizzled out.  Was just a total pain in the ass and complete fuck around today on all counts but I can understand being overprotective I guess.  I was driving around through the arvo and about an hour ago for work purposes anyway and it's pretty sweet now. 

So against advice I was speeding around during a lot of it blasting metal.  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So when there is flooding there, do the crocs end up in the streets? How big of a danger is that?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So when there is flooding there, do the crocs end up in the streets? How big of a danger is that?

There actually was a bull shark that ended up in the middle of the road up North which was pretty crazy.  No crocs yet Tim, but I'll let you know in the morning if there are any walking the streets.  Thought I saw a kangeroo body surfing in flood waters though on the way home. :tup

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
A buddy of mine who lives out by the Blue Mountains posted this picture this morning. His mate, Leigh, got his ute stuck in a pot hole.

Don't tell Tim that Aussie's are great big lying bastards. Let's see if he sucks it in.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Bugger!  There's been a few of those sorts of pics today up here in Brissie too.  Some unfortunate people just with their cars parked and some absolute fuckwits that can't seem to get through their thick heads that cars and flood waters don't gel.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow crazy

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
A buddy of mine who lives out by the Blue Mountains posted this picture this morning. His mate, Leigh, got his ute stuck in a pot hole.

Don't tell Tim that Aussie's are great big lying bastards. Let's see if he sucks it in.

Damn, that can't be too far from where I live.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
we got pelted with golf ball sized hail Sunday night.  Lots of roof damage and cars driving around with holes in their windshields and dents all over.  Looks like they just drove out of a war zone.

I was at the Katatonia concert that night which was at an outdoor venue, but luckily we were in the one place where the storm didn't hit.  We did get a cool light show with all the lightning in the background.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Figured this was the right place to drop this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_7RLOBerTo

"Wolfpakk unleash first new song "Blood Brothers" (feat. Saxon's Biff Byford) - taken from the new album "Wolves Reign", out April 28th."
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

"Wolfpakk unleash first new song "Blood Brothers" (feat. Saxon's Biff Byford) - taken from the new album "Wolves Reign", out April 28th."

Meh, it's okay, but doesn't want to make me check out any more to be honest.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I just sampled a couple of tracks from the new Sinner on youtube and it's sounding really good.  Definitely will pick that one up I think.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Man, so the catchments from the local rivers have now overflowed from the rain yesterday afternoon and as I said, it did weaken where I was a little and if it was as bad as what they predicted it would have been a catastrophe.  Anyway, this morning as I sit at work typing this, the local suburbs have been quite devastated.  Didn't think it would have gotten to this after last night to be honest, crazy stuff. 

Some of my workers stranded and high tide is due right now so it could get worse.  I have lived in this area since I was 5 and while we have had major floods here, we haven't had the suburbs that are affected today ever affected like this in before.  I guess I was wrong about it not being that bad hahaha.  Here's some pics;

This train station is 2 minutes away from where I am working right now;

Same place, I work just up from here.

This is a more inland suburb about half an hour away.  One worker lives out here and is obviously stuck;

Again, 2 minutes down the road one street away;

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Any crocs?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nah TIm - just the odd shark  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That was more North though, nowhere near me unfortunately.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
These Sharknados are getting worse by the year!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
In Sharknado 7, Kade is taking the place of Ian Ziering and beating the shit out of the sharknados with his guitar

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
As long as Tara Reid doesn't wash up here we'll be right.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Meh, it's okay, but doesn't want to make me check out any more to be honest.

I agree with the first part of your statement... though I'm not a big fan if Biff's voice to begin with.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
As long as Tara Reid doesn't wash up here we'll be right.

Not to worry Brent, I'll take care of her for you.  :tup

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Good from afar but far from good.  You can have 'er Kade  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
She almost ruined Tom Brady.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
We are supposed to get thunderstorms and a shitload of rain today, but Sydney always gets hit much harder than we do a bit further out west. But I'll stay inside today just to be safe. :blob:
Wow.  So...we're discussing how Australia was Thunderstruck...in the "Classic Metal" discussion thread.  What are the odds?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
How much AC/DC have the Aussie boys heard in their lives?.  I envision they are played constantly on the radio in Australia, just like Rush or the Tragically Hip are played non stop in Canada.