Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902379 times)

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
check the OP, at the bottom of the post
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
check the OP, at the bottom of the post

Thanks. Will check it out!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
I never played Contra on the NES, so I never realized that the stage clear music sounds just like the intro to Alcatrazz' God Blessed Video.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I never played Contra on the NES, so I never realized that the stage clear music sounds just like the intro to Alcatrazz' God Blessed Video.  :lol

Never played it either, so I just checked out the soundtrack on Youtube (without knowing what track was what), and when that bit came up, I instantly laughed. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Lowdz

Never played it either, so I just checked out the soundtrack on Youtube (without knowing what track was what), and when that bit came up, I instantly laughed. :lol

Hey blob, I enjoyed your video - Jordan shared it on Facebook earlier. Nice work 😀

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Back to the podcast for a few. I liked the Cauldron track.

The Sabbath tune blew! Not sure how THAT almost makes the Top 40!

And please tell me that was NOT the best ARP track on that album.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:25:56 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I'm back in aswell, only up to Tempt though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

The Sabbath tune blew! Not sure how THAT almost makes the Top 40!

And please tell me that was NOT the best ARP track on that album.

Had a little look around and it seems the few opinions around on the Sabbath are similar to mine , so maybe it's just your opinion that blows  :lol    As I said in one of the podcasts (can't remember which) it's really only once we get into the top 25-ish that we have albums that I can't find too much fault with.  So getting near the Top 40 doesn't imply awesomeness but I do think it's a good effort , especially for what is essentially a leftovers album.

The ARP track is one of the more melodic tracks and when I think a ballad is decent I will sometimes use it to keep some variety in pacing in the show.  Most of the rockers just sound like standard ARP but I certainly wouldn't have chosen that song for you and I am not surprised that it's in the TAC Blows/Sucks list.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
it's in the TAC Blows/Sucks list.
I look forward to hearing it then. :biggrin:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd like to see the all time list of TACS greatest blow songs

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd like to see the all time list of TACS greatest blow songs

Hmm...........I have been wondering about the theme for the next podcast
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent and Ben proudly present Tims Ultimate Blow tunes

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
And after that we'll do Blob's Ultimate Blow Tunes

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
:metal :lol Should be Zydar's blow tunes though. I mostly stick to meth.

Hey blob, I enjoyed your video - Jordan shared it on Facebook earlier. Nice work 😀

Thanks. :) Shame it doesn't contain any rockin' blow tunes.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Apologies - I overestimated you.  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni

Apologies - I overestimated you.  ;D

You sure did. I can't afford the primo shit!

Offline Lowdz

Brent and Ben proudly present Tims Ultimate Blow tunes

Do it Aussie boys 😀

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Had a little look around and it seems the few opinions around on the Sabbath are similar to mine , so maybe it's just your opinion that blows  :lol     

:lol
Oh' I'm sure of it!

And after that we'll do Blob's Ultimate Blow Tunes

:rollin

You guys have me confused with Danny Waysted!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Gonna try and close out the podcast tonight.

The A7X tune was decent. The album they did with MP is awesome. But other than that, I haven't really followed them.

The next tune after A7X is AWESOME!! :metal
(can't remember who they are, I need a track list!!!!!!)

..and the next tune in that block is also great!! Some power metal. Don't recall who it is.

You'd think it would be easy. Brent lists 3 bands, but by the halfway point of the first song of the three, I've totally forgotten all three band names! :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
HAve PM'd you Tim......easiest way to get you up to date without spoilers in here for those just starting.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Artillery ...awesome tune. Will check that out! :metal

Attic Demons..what a great name of a band!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Will there be a full track list of the show posted at some point?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I finished!!!!!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
@ BEN!

Nice job on the podcast!
Here's a gift from Uncle Tim from Boston Massachusetts USA!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
@ BEN!

Nice job on the podcast!
Here's a gift from Uncle Tim from Boston Massachusetts USA!

Ben loved that Tim  ;D

Will there be a full track list of the show posted at some point?

Yup - I mentioned in the show that I would but I get caught between those flying through and those just starting who don't want spoilers .  I might put it in a Wordpad doc and upload it .  Then everyone has the link and can download the tracklist whenever they like.

EDIT:  here you go - just a simple text doc in the format BAND NAME - ALBUM NAME - TRACK NAME.   I didn't bother with the intro stuff - just started at Wonderworld.  Let me know if any issues.

https://yadi.sk/i/GCjYFSj23EFLPq
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:39:30 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Thanks for that Brent, helps my memory a lot. Some decent stuff in that lot. Nothing in the whole list I didn't enjoy. Even the growls song was decent if you took the vocal out and put a proper one in 😀

(Sorry Kade, just fucking with ya mate 😀)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks for that Brent, helps my memory a lot. Some decent stuff in that lot. Nothing in the whole list I didn't enjoy. Even the growls song was decent if you took the vocal out and put a proper one in 😀

(Sorry Kade, just fucking with ya mate 😀)

:'(

Seriously, slowing working my way though.  That Universal Mind Project speaking of a bit of growls was excellent.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

I love the Gary Hoey album and that track reminds me of Roy Z's Tribe of Gypsies.

Offline Lowdz

Nice one Brent. Appreciate all the effort  :hefdaddy

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
No worries Paul.

Just thought I had lost my hard drive with all my music on it  :-\............a lot of mucking about has revealed that one of the USB ports on my PC had died.  Phew.   I have backups in place but would rather not go there.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That would have been upwards of a billion songs lost.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
    I have backups in place but would rather not go there.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I'm listening to the new Firewind on Spotify tonight. I'm not sure what to make of it. I liked the Premonition but Few Against Many was the worst album I bought that release year.
This is music I should like, but there's just nothing special about it. Some great playing, to be sure.
What am I missing?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I would agree that there's nothing super special in there but how many albums these days are special and not somewhat derivative?   I thought it was by far the best thing I have heard from Gus G/Firewind (always thought they were over rated tbh) and so I suppose relatively speaking I think it's notable for that reason.   Another good thing from an album rating point of view is that IMO there were no total duds.

I also meant to note that I almost choked on my dinner last night when an ad came on TV for a Hyundai car and they were using Holy Diver as the music  :omg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQAlo4nnscg

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I would agree that there's nothing super special in there but how many albums these days are special and not somewhat derivative?   I thought it was by far the best thing I have heard from Gus G/Firewind (always thought they were over rated tbh) and so I suppose relatively speaking I think it's notable for that reason.   Another good thing from an album rating point of view is that IMO there were no total duds.

I also meant to note that I almost choked on my dinner last night when an ad came on TV for a Hyundai car and they were using Holy Diver as the music  :omg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQAlo4nnscg

Yeah, I saw that about a week ago and thought it was surprisingly awesome. :metal :metal
Definitely not a song choice I expected to hear on TV, but I ain't complaining!