Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 904625 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Obviously a bit late back to this Tim, but, No World Order.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn - big fan of Steve's across Grim Reaper/Lionsheart/solo..............hope it goes as well as it can for him. :-\
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy fuck, that's just awful.  Hopefully he can recover well enough.

Offline Lowdz

Damn - big fan of Steve's across Grim Reaper/Lionsheart/solo..............hope it goes as well as it can for him. :-\

That's a shame. I like his guitar player this tour, Steve Stine. He does some excellent tuition stuff on YouTube. I've learned a lot from him, and David Walliman.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Listening now. Awesome album!

I expect to post another classic Tour Program tomorrow. Still deciding which one..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Listening now. Awesome album!

:metal  It's still my fav GR album.  Perfect mix of power metal and classic heavy metal.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Lots of Priest and Blackmore-isms.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Today's classic Tour Program was purchased at the Providence Civic Center on August 20, 1984.
Dio- The Last In Line Tour

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal Indeed.

Such a classic band and killer lineup.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The best one-two punch in the history of heavy metal would be either Heaven and Hell/Mob Rules or Holy Diver/Last in Line.

Really a toss up for me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Is there a better 4 album run? I know it's different bands, but still..Dio!! :metal

I still remember exactly where I was (a 15 y/o sitting in my bedroom on a Saturday night around midnight) when I first heard the new Dio "solo" album. The radio show I was listening to played Stand Up And Shout and Straight Through The Heart.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Maybe throw in Rising and Long Live Rock n Roll and you have the greatest 6 album run ever lol

Regardless  :metal

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Maybe throw in Rising and Long Live Rock n Roll and you have the greatest 6 album run ever lol

Then throw in Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Then throw in Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules!

Umm...
The best one-two punch in the history of heavy metal would be either Heaven and Hell/Mob Rules or Holy Diver/Last in Line.

Really a toss up for me.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Thought it was weird that Jason didn't mention them.  :rollin

That will teach me for skimming and posting on DTF while at work and sneakily Alt+Tabbing between pages.  :metal

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
As long as you didn't think I was including the Elf albums lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!

Really a toss up for me.

I still haven't got H&H/Mob Rules, despite loving what I've heard from the albums. Been meaning to rectify that forever.
But Holy Diver and Last in Line are definitely among the best back to back albums in metal. :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Really a toss up for me.

I still haven't got H&H/Mob Rules, despite loving what I've heard from the albums. Been meaning to rectify that forever.
But Holy Diver and Last in Line are definitely among the best back to back albums in metal. :metal

Both those albums are essential Blob.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I know! I have no excuse for such an oversight. I have every Ozzy era Sabbath album, I have Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know, I have every Dio solo album and his albums with Rainbow, but not those first two Dio era Sabbath albums.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just order them right now and we will pretend the last few postings in this thread never happened lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Downloaded and queued. Now let's never speak of it again.

Offline Lowdz

Lots of Priest and Blackmore-isms.

Usually a good sign 😀🎸🤘

Offline Lowdz

I know! I have no excuse for such an oversight. I have every Ozzy era Sabbath album, I have Dehumanizer and The Devil You Know, I have every Dio solo album and his albums with Rainbow, but not those first two Dio era Sabbath albums.

There's still time for your redemption. The best songs from both would be the best album DIO ever did.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

There's still time for your redemption. The best songs from both would be the best album DIO ever did.

Yeah, probably.

Offline Lowdz

Jason is spot on. Include The next two DIO albums too for me. That is a quality run, especially when you consider its three separate bands.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What a massive loss Dio was to the world.  :'(

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPA4i3xdtk

New song from a new band featuring Michael Ehre and the great Henjo Richter from Gamma Ray.  Pretty fucking good but not out til May.  Good song.

Offline Lowdz

That link lead to this one. I really like it. Can't find much about them because their name is pretty much taken by fire safety products  :biggrin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8_XzqngZRk

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
What a massive loss Dio was to the world.  :'(

Indeed. Just finished listening to Killing the Dragon, and have switched to H&H's Live at Wacken 2009.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That link lead to this one. I really like it. Can't find much about them because their name is pretty much taken by fire safety products  :biggrin:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8_XzqngZRk

NOt bad.  Nothing special though for me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
...switched to H&H's Live at Wacken 2009.

One of the best live albums released in the last 20 years. Dio is on fire, as is Iommi. Amazing performance with an epic version of Heaven & Hell.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
...switched to H&H's Live at Wacken 2009.

One of the best live albums released in the last 20 years. Dio is on fire, as is Iommi. Amazing performance with an epic version of Heaven & Hell.

Absolutely