Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 901413 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The thing is for everyone who thinks one of the songs in the podcast was subpar (to use Paul's term) and has named it - in every case I have had feedback from someone else that it was really good.  And that includes Barnesy (and not from Kade).

So when that's the case I feel I have done my job , as despite good general consensus on most things there is quite a breadth of taste at the fringes amongst the regulars in this thread.  Even Ben throws the kitchen sink at me so I can take it :lol

As far as Barnsey goes , I really haven't been interested since 1988 but his Freight Train Heart , Working Class Man and Cold Chisel albums are worth checking out if you don't mind his screamo vocal style.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just joshing you.

You have most certainly "done the job". You always do!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
As far as Barnsey goes , I really haven't been interested since 1988 but his Freight Train Heart , Working Class Man and Cold Chisel albums are worth checking out if you don't mind his screamo vocal style.

Pretty much in the same boat as you on Barnsey.  Two Fires had a couple of alright songs but everything else didn't interest me.

I think you've done a wonderful job on the podcast Brent and I still have 2 hours to listen to haha.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Herman Frank;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aDjwQnp718

I think this is pretty solid.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
The music was fine, but some of those lyrics were wtf. First of all, what is a ballhog zone anyway? And secondly, ending the chorus with "you suck"? :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That clip is so f'n awesome! Sounds great, looks great. :metal

Wolf Hoffman. That tone! :hefdaddy

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I love Mark, such a perfect replacement, just class.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I agree. His likeability really outs this version of Accept over the top.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Great set list from that bang your head show too!

And there should also be a new studio album from Accept next year too

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Only an hour left of the podcast to get through.  :lol

Hail and Kill!!  Love that song and album.  :metal
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:59:13 AM by wolfking »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
House of Lords.  :hefdaddy

And so damn good to see Winger in the top 10.  :tup

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Skipped through the last few as bedtime awaits.

No issues with any of what we got in the top ten.  Love the inclusion of Dare too, great album.  Mindcrime at the top is expected.  Love how high Crimson Glory was too.

Well done Brent, brilliant work, can't wait for the best of the rest podcast.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

No issues with any of what we got in the top ten.  Love the inclusion of Dare too, great album.  Mindcrime at the top is expected.  Love how high Crimson Glory was too.

Thanks mate .  A couple of the guys said their highlight was some of Ben's commentary on the Top 10 , so might be worth a revisit :lol

Pretty much done with "the rest"  - just need to think of something for Ben to do at the end.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Ben's slaying of Dare was brutal. :biggrin: so soft!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Pretty sure that was his actual reaction to Winger. I smell some editing hijinks!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So anyway, when I got to work at 7:00 this morning Over The Mountain was on the radio. When I got out 8 hours later, Flying High Again was playing! :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
So anyway, when I got to work at 7:00 this morning Over The Mountain was on the radio. When I got out 8 hours later, Flying High Again was playing! :metal

Now you just need some Mr Crowley before going to bed!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Now you just need some Mr Crowley before going to bed!

Or some Mrs. Crowley!

:yarr

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Only in the 21st century would Mr. Crowley turn into Mrs. Crowley.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Only in the 21st century would Mr. Crowley turn into Mrs. Crowley.

WUT?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
Fuck if I know. I'm on 36 hours without sleep. I saw Smurfette a few minutes ago and she was wearing a strap-on.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck if I know. I'm on 36 hours without sleep. I saw Smurfette a few minutes ago and she was wearing a strap-on.

She is going to get revenge on that prick, Gargamel

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

There's a reason Jason mentioned Mr. Crowley. Perhaps you're not aware of my last name.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

There's a reason Jason mentioned Mr. Crowley. Perhaps you're not aware of my last name.

How many times in your life has someone sung that verse when you introduce yourself to them? I'd imagine it's happened quite a few times. I'd be surprised if it never happened

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :lol

It has happened my entire life. I cannot tell you how many times I've been serenaded. It's actually quite funny.

I'm 48 years old and it still happens at least once a month.

It's either that or someone will say, "Hey did you know Ozzy Osbourne wrote a song called Mr. Crowley?"
Really?? You don't say! :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran

Any relation to the brilliant mind behind the song's inspiration?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Any relation to the brilliant mind behind the song's inspiration?

noitaler oN. epoN.

;D

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
 :lol   I'm glad you wrote it like that so nobody else will figure it out.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Thanks mate .  A couple of the guys said their highlight was some of Ben's commentary on the Top 10 , so might be worth a revisit :lol

Pretty much done with "the rest"  - just need to think of something for Ben to do at the end.

I caught his reaction to Dare!  :lol

So good that he appreciated the Malmsteen too.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
SHould have the new Pretty Maids to check out tomorrow - a bit nervous about this one too, not least because of what seems like a very muddy production job from what I have heard so far.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
SHould have the new Pretty Maids to check out tomorrow - a bit nervous about this one too, not least because of what seems like a very muddy production job from what I have heard so far.

I'm shitting myself a bit over this one too.  Considering the last two plus the Louder Than Ever compilation, this is looking like a major disappointment.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I am listening to the Kee Marcello at the moment.   Nothing fantastic but better than I expected (esp the vocals) and at least it has a good production , some decent variation between tracks and doesn't sound like everything else .........aside from the one obvious PiP ripoff.   I wish he would resurrect the OOTW tone but I remember reading somewhere that he has tried and can't figure out how he did it :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au