Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 904937 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Killer old school list.
LudwigVan puts the old in old school! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Killer old school list.
LudwigVan puts the old in old school! ;D

..........and Genesis in this thread for the first time  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
..and hopefully the last! :lol

Who do you think dubbed me the DTF Resident Genesis hater?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
..and hopefully the last! :lol

Who do you think dubbed me the DTF Resident Genesis hater?

Kip Winger?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Chris Caffery new album coming up - had to post the awesome cover art  ;D

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Looks like Castronovo is farked  :-\ - reports coming through that rape charges have been added to the domestic violence. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Looks like Castronovo is farked  :-\ - reports coming through that rape charges have been added to the domestic violence. 

Damn, that's inexcusable. It's a shame, because he's such a good drummer and vocalist.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah.................even back in the day when I knew him more as a metal drummer on the early Shrapnel stuff etc..... he was well known for having a lot of substance issues and I imagine he has fallen off the wagon again .  As you say - if true , it's inexcusable and he deserves what he gets.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Regardless of the outcome, it's probably unlikely he'll be back in Journey now. They'll probably want to distance themselves from it, just as AC/DC did with Phil Rudd.

Offline Lowdz

That Chris caffrey cover is about as bad as I've seen. Diy albums are one thing but it's not wise to do the cover too.
The music needs to be a masterpiece to combat that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That Chris caffrey cover is about as bad as I've seen. Diy albums are one thing but it's not wise to do the cover too.
The music needs to be a masterpiece to combat that.
It just as easily could say Chris Holmes across the top.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Very cheap looking album cover

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That cover is laughable indeed but Caffery's solo material is decent.  The first two were excellent while Pins and Needles wasn't as good but a solid metal album.  The last one House of Insanity however was poor.  I hope this is better than that one.

That's shit news about Castronovo. WTF is wrong with him?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Snippet here of new Metal Church song - Howe sounds great but the riff/song ain't doing much for me

https://soundcloud.com/rat-pak-records/metal-church-teaser-mike-howe

And in Queensryche news , Wilton was quoted yesterday as saying that the new album will be an early October release.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
This fall is looking good for new releases!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
A few of you have likely come across this already but a cool radio podcast here with an extensive interview with Desmond Child about his work with KISS, Bon Jovi etc...

https://www.decibelgeek.com/wordpress/conversation-with-desmond-child-ep195/

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
A few of you have likely come across this already but a cool radio podcast here with an extensive interview with Desmond Child about his work with KISS, Bon Jovi etc...

https://www.decibelgeek.com/wordpress/conversation-with-desmond-child-ep195/

cool interview with LOTS of little nuggets about the songs and bands he's been involved with
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
News snippets:

- Iron Maiden:  a short Dickinson interview https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33387448

- Nice tour if you're in the US

ARMORED SAINT tour dates with SAXON:

Jul. 11 - Las Vegas, NV - Count's Vamp'd (no SAXON)
Aug. 20 - San Diego, CA - Brick By Brick
Sep. 10 - Atlanta, GA - Centerstage
Sep. 12 - Stafford, CT - Palace Theater
Sep. 13 - Portland, ME - Asylum
Sep. 15 - Washington, DC - Howard
Sep. 16 - Westland, MI - Token Lounge
Sep. 17 - Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar
Sep. 18 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Ballroom
Sep. 20 - St Charles, IL - Arcada Theater

- Winery Dogs new one due September

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Would love to see that Saxon/Armored Saint tour.

I don't think either band has ever done much in the way of touring in Canada

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New Stryper album samples

https://youtu.be/GWeqXVM4JuQ

I'm really liking that first track but am not sure that this album is going to quite live up to NMHTP based on these samples.   
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:35:54 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sounds great

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Short samples, but sounds solid enough.  I don't like judging too much based on short samples.  I hope the production is better than what we are hearing here though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Interesting interview

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
What I wouldn't give to have AJFA with bass. I love that album, but it's unlistenable for me now. Hearing it with real bass would seriously be like hearing the album for the first time again.

Offline Lowdz

What I wouldn't give to have AJFA with bass. I love that album, but it's unlistenable for me now. Hearing it with real bass would seriously be like hearing the album for the first time again.

I expected to love it once I got into MoP recently. Unfortunately it sounds unfinished. Muppets.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Two or three tracks I like on AJFA - not even in the same league as MoP (or even TBA) for my taste , even if it was mixed properly.   Pastor of Muppets eh Paul.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:26:01 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Bass problems aside, I'd easily put AJFA at least on par with MoP, and I love both albums. I'd put TBA above both of them though.
I just really hope a faithful remix of AJFA is on the cards at some point, because I need to hear that album properly, and not some amateur Youtube remix attempt at adding bass.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd probably take AJFA over MOP, but it's damn close.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I'm not much of a fan of either but MoP has a couple of songs that are pretty good so I prefer that, I guess.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I finally found time to scour my collection for live albums that made an impact on me and there sure ain't many....like I said before , live albums really never grabbed me much but I will check out those from all your lists that I am not familiar with.   I was surprised to see KISS Alive 3 get a few mentions but now that I have scanned my memory I think that I also played that more than any other KISS live album.    I think I was really big into Revenge around that time and had a renewed love for the band and wore that out around the time of the tour (which I attended).

The top two or three were very important albums for me - the next couple I really enjoyed and the rest got occasional play.  I struggled to get to ten to be honest. 

1. Ozzy Osbourne: Randy Rhoads Tribute
2. Dokken : Beast From The East
3. WASP: Live...........In The Raw
4. KISS : Alive III
5  Judas Priest :  Priest..........Live
6. Tesla: Five Man Acoustical Jam
7 Queensryche: Operation : Livecrime
8. John Norum : Live In Stockholm
9 Dokken: One Live Night
10 Glenn Hughes: Burning Japan Live

If I allowed myself to drift into prog territory then Live At The marquee would get a mention.

I'll tally these up later to see if there was a clear champ.

In the meantime we seem to have drifted into Metallica territory so why not make this week their week. It's been done to death in their thread already I imagine but they deserve their spot here ,so they get it anyway :)   Usual drill - rank the discog (or Top 5) and Top 10 songs.

Yikes .................... ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't think I can post anything about the music. I'm too traumatized by that photo. :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't think I can post anything about the music. I'm too traumatized by that photo. :lol

Lars looks like he's thinking "...........and they call me a tool?"  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au