Author Topic: What if MP and Derek both came back?  (Read 15341 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: What if MP and Derek both came back?
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »
They were incredibly static on stage in those days, each member barely moving from their spot on stage. James also didn't interact with the crowd at all for the most part.

Subject to the limitations imposed by small stages at a couple places where I saw them on the I&W tour, this wasn't my experience at all.  I think there's a lot of video that shows more movement back then than they've done at any point in the last 20 years -- particularly in the case of John Myung (and obviously, KM and MP were anchored, so we're only talking about JLB, JM and JP).

Yea, I've only seen a handful of videos from those days, but they were way more physical than now. In fact, I'd say they've been becoming less and less active on stage as time goes by. Minus JR (oddly), they mostly just stand there and make faces.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
Hey! They are old gang now. Let 'em rest on the stage.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Online Adami

« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2018, 01:45:48 PM »
Hey! They are old gang now. Let 'em rest on the stage.

heh, that's why I said JR was odd in that, since he's the oldest and has one of the two traditionally static positions on stage.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »
They were incredibly static on stage in those days, each member barely moving from their spot on stage. James also didn't interact with the crowd at all for the most part.

Subject to the limitations imposed by small stages at a couple places where I saw them on the I&W tour, this wasn't my experience at all.  I think there's a lot of video that shows more movement back then than they've done at any point in the last 20 years -- particularly in the case of John Myung (and obviously, KM and MP were anchored, so we're only talking about JLB, JM and JP).

Yea, I've only seen a handful of videos from those days, but they were way more physical than now. In fact, I'd say they've been becoming less and less active on stage as time goes by. Minus JR (oddly), they mostly just stand there and make faces.

I don't know, for me there definitely was an arc to it. Some time around the time they turned more metal they also cranked up the stage antics a bit, but before that there was always a bit of a "Berklee recital" aspect to their concerts.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online Adami

« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »

I don't know, for me there definitely was an arc to it. Some time around the time they turned more metal they also cranked up the stage antics a bit, but before that there was always a bit of a "Berklee recital" aspect to their concerts.

Maybe you've seen more than I have. And this is all relative, since DT are pretty tame compared to most bands, but FOR them, they seemed pretty active back in the day. I dunno. I just remember JM running around a lot more, JLB running around a lot more, and JP....well he's always been pretty tame.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2018, 03:17:43 PM »

Maybe you've seen more than I have. And this is all relative, since DT are pretty tame compared to most bands, but FOR them, they seemed pretty active back in the day. I dunno. I just remember JM running around a lot more, JLB running around a lot more, and JP....well he's always been pretty tame.

Given his history of falling off the stage, who can blame him?!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2018, 05:44:23 PM »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2018, 06:28:33 PM »
I was gonna find that gif too but got too lazy. First thing I thought of
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD