Author Topic: The Official ProgPower USA & Europe Thread  (Read 19208 times)

Offline senecadawg2

Someone has got inside information!

I'll pretend to be excited when it's announced on Friday  :lol

ETA: Hibria just cancelled. Must've been some sort of an emergency, to cancel this close to the festival and their full tour. I'm bummed for sure, was definitely looking forward to Hibria, but I take comfort in the fact that it's not one of the bands higher up the bill. On the whole though, this year has been really terrible in terms of cancellations. Between visa problems and other (understandable) issues, I'm feeling really bad for the ProgPower team. Persefone's cancellation was particularly painful for me, but I was also quite excited for Anubis Gate and Hibria.  :huh:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:00:08 PM by senecadawg2 »
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
My FB feed exploded today with PPUSA news, it's pretty much a given that I'm gonna do whatever I can to get there next year.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
One of the crappy things about my job is that it is pretty much a given I won't be able to attend unless I take a job within 2 hours of Atlanta.  RoSFest is probably also unlikely as well unless I plan perfectly and get lucky timing wise.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
My FB feed exploded today with PPUSA news, it's pretty much a given that I'm gonna do whatever I can to get there next year.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.

ETA: Hibria just cancelled. Must've been some sort of an emergency, to cancel this close to the festival and their full tour. I'm bummed for sure, was definitely looking forward to Hibria, but I take comfort in the fact that it's not one of the bands higher up the bill. On the whole though, this year has been really terrible in terms of cancellations. Between visa problems and other (understandable) issues, I'm feeling really bad for the ProgPower team. Persefone's cancellation was particularly painful for me, but I was also quite excited for Anubis Gate and Hibria.  :huh:

FFS.

This is the reason, that even if I intend to go, I will never buy ProgPower tickets more than a few months ahead of the festival. Their cancellation rate is *ridiculous* way too often.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni

Mind sharing?

Offline senecadawg2

FFS.

This is the reason, that even if I intend to go, I will never buy ProgPower tickets more than a few months ahead of the festival. Their cancellation rate is *ridiculous* way too often.

This year was especially bad, but you're right- it's usually at least one band per year. Last year was Thought Chamber. Thankfully, the replacements (Need for Thought Chamber last year) are typically pretty strong.

Then again, I'm sure I'd be whistling a different tune if a band like Anathema was to cancel. Either way I'm really looking forward to this years festival

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Mind sharing?

Oh, that is a bit misleading. Nothing new, just a shit ton of people heading to Atlanta, and it'll be pretty much nothing but till Sunday.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think there was another thread for next years discussion, but I'll add in here too that if there is going to be a DTF travel group to Prog-Power I may have to join in, although the band line up will have an influence on that.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Atlanta isn't too far away from me.

If Haken is playing next year, with the rest of the lineup being pretty good as well, I may make an appearance.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Atlanta isn't too far away from me.

If Haken is playing next year, with the rest of the lineup being pretty good as well, I may make an appearance.

Giggity.  I'm smelling epic level DTF meetup.  I've been working the King (and his Queen).
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business.  No judgement here.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business.  No judgement here.

But we're DTF... that's what we do.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

But we're DTF... that's what we do.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
TBH, I just spent my lunchtime walk listening to Transatlantic's All of the Above and thinking about a meetup at this thing next year.

That would be awesome.  As long as the lineup doesn't suck, I will do everything in my power to make it there.

Offline senecadawg2

Sooo, where is everyone?  :-\

Oh shit! Did y'all mean a meet up next year?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
FFS. They had yet another cancellation today.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline senecadawg2

Yeah, with half the band already here  :'(

These visa issues have crushed the festival this year. 5 of the original 12 bands in the main line-up...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn!  Why is it such a problem this year?  It's not like they haven't had months to get all this shit together. And by "they", I assume I'm questioning the promoters/organizers?

Offline senecadawg2

Something to do with the USCIS (customs and immigration) being hacked, is the story I keep hearing. Apparently there were a bunch of bands who had to cancel tours as a result.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
No wonder why bands hardly come to the US from overseas.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline senecadawg2

Maybe it's because I need to familiarize myself with a couple of these bands more, but I'm not super excited about next years line-up like I have been the past two years...

Ascendia, Vanishing Point, Freedom Call, The Gentle Storm, Scar Symmetry,  Classic Fa tes Warning lineup performing awaken the guardian, Savage Messiah, Serious Black, Green Carnation performing light of day, day of darkness, Rage, Haken, Devin townsend project...

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
Maybe it's because I need to familiarize myself with a couple of these bands more, but I'm not super excited about next years line-up like I have been the past two years...

Ascendia, Vanishing Point, Freedom Call, The Gentle Storm, Scar Symmetry,  Classic Fa tes Warning lineup performing awaken the guardian, Savage Messiah, Serious Black, Green Carnation performing light of day, day of darkness, Rage, Haken, Devin townsend project...

Wait...is that next year's line up?

Vanishing Point - awesomesauce
The Gentle Storm is AAJ
Scar Symettry is badass
Classic FW?  Hell yeah.
Serious Black has a good singer
Green Carnation playing their masterpiece
Haken!!!
Devin fucking Townsend?!?!!!

I hate anyone lucky enough to see that lineup

Offline senecadawg2

I've not heard that Green Carnation album, just heard a lot about it. I do love their other acoustic album though. The rest that you're excited about I've heard at least a bit of (you actually sent me some VP in my first roulette and I liked it quite a bit). But I need to work on my Haken and DTP if I'm going to consider going next year. Those are bands that I've liked for a few years now, but never seemed to love as much as other people. Maybe I'll acquire that taste in the next year.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

The Gentle Storm is AAJ
Scar Symettry is badass
Classic FW?  Hell yeah.
Haken!!!

Let the hate flow. This lineup is good enough to get me on board.  Oh, and older Freedom Call is balls!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator

The Gentle Storm is AAJ
Scar Symettry is badass
Classic FW?  Hell yeah.
Haken!!!

Whole lotta meh going on here.

Haken is awesome, but they will do a full tour. The Gentle Storm would be really nice, but it won't have Arjen.

I'm sure I'd enjoy Vanishing Point.

Never been a huge Awaken the Guardian fan, enjoyable enough, but I'd rather see Fates do a normal show TBH. This will be huge news to any Arch era diehards though.

I'd really love to justify going to this, but I doubt that, yet again, this year will be the year.

Edit: And I have a casual interest in DTP, but I did get to see them on the cruise already.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I dunno, looks like a good lineup to me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
DTP and Gentle Storm so Id imagine DTP would be playing with Annake? I'm down for that. Can't imagine customs issues with them either.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Friday/Saturday tickets to go on sale Oct 3, Wed/Thurs tickets to go on sale Nov 7. Four bands on Wed, three bands on Thurs, probably to be announced tonight....

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I is excite. I've got 3 weeks to work Mrs Jingle over. If I go, I'm goin for all four nights.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
I is excite. I've got 3 weeks to work Mrs Jingle over. If I go, I'm goin for all four nights.

Given that Milton (from Infinity) has full control over one pick, there is a decent chance you may see a band you've been wanting to...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Given that Milton (from Infinity) has full control over one pick, there is a decent chance you may see a band you've been wanting to...

If you're telling me what I think you're telling me.... Mother fucking fuck yeah!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator

If you're telling me what I think you're telling me.... Mother fucking fuck yeah!

I'm not telling you anything for sure, I'm just saying it leaves a decent possibility at least.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll take it.

Offline SoundscapeMN

that gif reminds me of this gif