Author Topic: The Official ProgPower USA & Europe Thread  (Read 19218 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Re: The Official ProgPower USA & Europe Thread
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2015, 06:05:25 AM »
Be sure to catch Gentle Storm. Anneke van Giersbergen is on fire. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2015, 07:38:53 AM »
Dragonforce is too much wankery.  Seen them twice open for Kamelot and they are better live than I would have expected and the music is fun, but after listening to the set I felt like it was too much going on and not enough good music overall.  They had a pretty nice turn out in NJ, a lot of the fans left before Kamelot which was odd.  I saw Blind Guardian a couple weeks ago and they put on a really awesome show.  They get a good sing along crowd which is really fun and I was suprised how good they were overall (my second time seeing them) and that's why I really want to see them again.  Hopefully they would play some different songs for the festival, maybe some of the proggier stuff like ATTWS.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2015, 09:26:10 AM »
Matt Barlow and Lance King will be joining Pyramaze at Progpower!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2015, 09:38:48 AM »

I noticed... they should bring up Urban breed too!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2015, 03:17:25 PM »

Why? He never actually recorded anything.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2015, 03:19:30 PM »

Hell yeah.

Why? He never actually recorded anything.

Agree, no reason he should be there at all.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2015, 04:18:56 PM »
He's already gonna be there with Serious Black, so why not?  Just for shits and giggles.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »
He's already gonna be there with Serious Black, so why not?  Just for shits and giggles.

Oh I see. You really don't care either way. You don't care for Barlow's voice. YOU MONSTER!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2015, 05:05:41 PM »

To be honest, I didn't even know he was a member at one point until you mentioned it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2015, 07:25:52 AM »

To be honest, I didn't even know he was a member at one point until you mentioned it.

He's just been filling in the live duties for a few years I believe.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2016, 01:42:14 PM »
So I pre-booked a hotel room in Atlanta for Wednesday through Sunday.  I can cancel at no cost in case something comes up, but I am definitely wanting to go to this more and more.  Signed up on the progpower forum last night and posted in the ticket thread, looking for one for friday/saturday.  I'll buy one for wednesday/thursday since they are still on sale, although at this moment Im considering skipping wednesday to save money and vacation days, but we shall see.  Thursday and Saturday look like the "cant miss" days for me.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2016, 01:50:11 PM »
I'm supposed to be going for free. My close friend, Dave, does the website ProgPowerUSA.com. If you scroll down to the bottom, you'll see his name: David Pando. He gets in for free and is getting guest pass. So he asked me if I wanted to go with him for 2016. Of course I said yes. I'm guessing I'll be able to meet a lot of the bands. This could be awesome if it doesn't fall through.   :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »
That would be awesome  :metal

I've got to start listening to some of the bands I don't know, but given that I know DTP and Anneke I started with The Gentle Storm.... that album is really killing it for me right now. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2016, 02:17:12 PM »
Giddy up boys.  I'm still working Nick over... slight possibility we might make a road-trip out of it.  And with his proximity to NJ, I could bring my truck and if you two are going, maybe stuff you guys in too?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2016, 02:38:21 PM »
Giddy up boys.  I'm still working Nick over... slight possibility we might make a road-trip out of it.  And with his proximity to NJ, I could bring my truck and if you two are going, maybe stuff you guys in too?

You are seriously driving from Canada to Atlanta?  That's hardcore.  An honest answer would be, depends, I cannot make that decision until closer as I am still up in the air as to whether or not Wednesday is worth going to even if I had a ticket for the night.

But don't you travel a lot?  Got status with an airline?  That's my thinking at least, fly and earn more miles.  It's a quick and easy flight for me too.  (Under $400 currently for a round trip too, although Im sure that price will go up before I decide if I am pulling the trigger). 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2016, 02:51:45 PM »

You are seriously driving from Canada to Atlanta?  That's hardcore.  An honest answer would be, depends, I cannot make that decision until closer as I am still up in the air as to whether or not Wednesday is worth going to even if I had a ticket for the night.

But don't you travel a lot?  Got status with an airline?  That's my thinking at least, fly and earn more miles.  It's a quick and easy flight for me too.  (Under $400 currently for a round trip too, although Im sure that price will go up before I decide if I am pulling the trigger).

Yes, I do travel a lot.  I've got plenty of points to get a direct flight to/from Atlanta.  I'd consider driving if I was doing it to help a pal out, or making a road-trip with a few pals out of it.  Direct drive thru Ohio/Tennessee would be 15-ish hrs.  Re-routing thru PA/Virginia/Carolinas makes it closer to 20 hrs.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2016, 02:57:00 PM »
That's awfully nice of you, but certainly don't go out of your way for me. 

I use IHG hotels (holiday inns/intercontinental/some others) so I booked a room with Staybridge Suites which was the cheapest and only a 6 minute drive from the venue or 30 minute walk according to google. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »

Go easy on him. He starts to whimper if you don't stroke his hair enough.

My friend lives in FL, so I wouldn't be traveling down there with him. If you do make your way out here, then expect gas money thrown your way. 

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2016, 01:02:59 AM »
I saw Wolverine was announced for PPEU and damn, it's real my friends, for once in my life I want to actually travel for a show all by meself.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2016, 02:06:11 AM »
I'm a regular at PPE, I can assure you it's a great festival :tup
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2016, 03:20:05 AM »
I bet! I definitely want to start saving for PPUSA too, but I think there's no chance I'll make it this year. Was also considering Night of the Prog, but I'm only really interested in Subsignal tbh.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2016, 03:24:46 AM »
Night of the Prog is usually awesome as well, but this year's line-up makes me think it's not worth it for the hassle, which is a shame really.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2016, 04:00:07 AM »
Yeah, they're usually split kinda sorta evenly between weird and/or metal young bands and neoprog/calmer prog/classic prog bands, but this time NotP is all classic, and I'm just not into Neal Morse/Spock's Beard, which is their main attraction this year.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2016, 06:36:12 AM »
If I had to choose a festival in Europe this year I'd go for Be Prog My Friend (stupid, stupid name) in Barcelona. Steven Wilson, Opeth, Pineapple Thief... And Poble Espanyol is a really beautiful place for a festival.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2016, 06:40:00 AM »
I'm probably going there, actually.

Also, you missed BTBAM, Agent Fresco, Obsidian Kingdom and Exxasens.
Squ

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty great.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »
Sooo my company is forcing me to do a 7 day training course.  My boss offered me to do mine in Atlanta, September 7th to the 15th which I gladly accepted  The course is M-F and then Monday and Tuesday of the next week from 9am-5pm.  Meaning I will be free in the evenings and weekend.... the same weekend as ProgPower!!!

I also noticed this morning some tickets showed up on stubhub  :biggrin:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
Booked my flight and am really happy someone I know linked a progpower FB post which lead me to liking the page and then leading me to see that they posted yesterday less than 50 tickets remained for the first two nights.... so purchased a ticket.  It's official.  I will be there...now I just need a ticket for day 3 and 4.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2016, 01:56:18 PM »
If I had to choose a festival in Europe this year I'd go for Be Prog My Friend (stupid, stupid name) in Barcelona. Steven Wilson, Opeth, Pineapple Thief... And Poble Espanyol is a really beautiful place for a festival.

Confirmed for this year, I'm going!
Also PPE in the fall :)
Squ

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2016, 08:20:05 PM »
Booked my flight and am really happy someone I know linked a progpower FB post which lead me to liking the page and then leading me to see that they posted yesterday less than 50 tickets remained for the first two nights.... so purchased a ticket.  It's official.  I will be there...now I just need a ticket for day 3 and 4.

I don't know how prices and availability look at the moment on stubhub, but I'd strongly recommend checking out the ProgPowerUSA Forum, which has a buy/sell thread in which there are normally a decent amount of people selling at face value or less. At least, there were a decent amount of people doing so last year (when I was trying to upgrade my ticket to a Gold Badge). And congratulations! That's great timing for your work training.

Confirmed for this year, I'm going!
Also PPE in the fall :)

You lucky dog! Have fun (as if you need to be told  ::) )!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2016, 07:22:27 AM »

I don't know how prices and availability look at the moment on stubhub, but I'd strongly recommend checking out the ProgPowerUSA Forum, which has a buy/sell thread in which there are normally a decent amount of people selling at face value or less. At least, there were a decent amount of people doing so last year (when I was trying to upgrade my ticket to a Gold Badge). And congratulations! That's great timing for your work training.

Thanks, what exactly is a gold badge?  Also got my day 3 and 4 ticket at face value.  Stubhub is selling those for about $140 over face value which makes no sense since you can still get them.  Day 3 and 4 were listed one day for $280 if I remember correctly.  Not even sure what face value is.  I actually posted on the forum a few months ago looking for tickets, but I will be back to try and find one.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2016, 03:40:05 PM »
Perks of having a gold badge are that doors open a bit earlier and that you have first shot at the vendors room and best seat or spot in the venue, as well as a Saturday morning acoustic performance from one of the artists playing friday. Last year it was Anathema, which is why I got the badge myself, since the earlier admission alone probably isn't worth the added price. This year Anneke is playing an acoustic show.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:05:49 PM by senecadawg2 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2016, 04:08:49 PM »
Ah, thanks for the info.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2016, 05:35:57 PM »
And looks like I scored a day 3/4 ticket from the progpower forum.  Just posted my email requesting one ticket and someone hit me up with a face value ticket which I can't say how grateful I am for not paying out my ass for this (which I expected and was prepared to do).  Now just hoping I wasn't scammed...  :lol also got my day 1/2 tickets in the mail today  :metal

Also, posted this in the NFL thread but the Falcons have a home game that weekend so was thinking of hitting up that too while I'm in Atlanta.  Any tips for going to a Falcons game is very much appreciated.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2016, 04:40:21 PM »
Cram, and everyone else going:

It looks like Jingle and myself have started getting into serious planning mode on this. We don't know exactly where we are staying yet, and I don't know how I'm getting down there, and so we're open to other people and ideas to help keep costs down. Throw me an email @ Rush3737@yahoo.com if you want to see if we can figure some things out.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1