Author Topic: Jem Godfrey's little jab at DT  (Read 3601 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Jem Godfrey's little jab at DT
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »
OK, I will break down the way I read this.

Fair play to bands like Dream Theater who can throw shapes with total conviction and rawk until the cows come home
I have a lot of respect for bands who can get up there and totally rock out and really mean it, and deliver that kind of performance.

but personally speaking I feel uncomfortable peddling teen angst amidst an extended furry of  32nd notes whilst also having a mortgage. I’m not sure teen angst and a mortgage can co-exist.
But I feel like I personally am too old for this.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »
If he keeps compensating by adding to the beard then the Leland Sklar look beckons.

I just looked him up and OMG  :rollin
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2014, 10:14:44 AM »
Also, Jem and Jordan seem to be friends. I wouldn't expect Jem to take a jab at DT...Jem seems to say very weird words when talking (from his previous videos) so I think Hef is right in his interpretation of what Jem said.

Offline MarkFitDT

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »
OK, I will break down the way I read this.

Fair play to bands like Dream Theater who can throw shapes with total conviction and rawk until the cows come home
I have a lot of respect for bands who can get up there and totally rock out and really mean it, and deliver that kind of performance.

but personally speaking I feel uncomfortable peddling teen angst amidst an extended furry of  32nd notes whilst also having a mortgage. I’m not sure teen angst and a mortgage can co-exist.
But I feel like I personally am too old for this.

yep, as a fellow Brit, I agree with this interpretation.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »
As Hef already pointed out, there's no jab being taken at all, and that is crystal clear when one actually reads the entire quote.  Both the thread title and the deliberate inclusion of only part of the quote while deliberately omitting the rest of it are very misleading.  This isn't "good-natured controversy" at all; just controversy for controversy's sake.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."