Author Topic: Dream Theater in Cracked  (Read 3266 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Dream Theater in Cracked
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 09:17:02 AM »
Oh yeah.  :facepalm:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 10:48:51 AM »
How in the fuck did the discussion get this far without anyone pointing out that "The Great Debate" isn't about 9/11 in the first place?  It's about stem cell research.  The DT song about 9/11 was "Sacrificed Sons".

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »
It was mentioned in the Cracked article already.

Quote from: The 5 Stupidest Songs That Seemingly Predicted 9-11
According to Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy, the song has nothing to do with 9/11, since it's actually about stem cell research.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 01:30:34 PM »
Ah, okay.  I only glanced through the Cracked article.  Reading that site too much hurts my brain.  I just saw that they'd included "The Great Debate" for some reason.  Probably because they'd heard that DT wrote a 9/11 song, and some idiot thought that this was it.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »
Yea, I only referenced it as a possible answer to your question not to take a shot at you personally. I'm certainly guilty of skimming myself.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 02:12:56 PM »
I'm sorry, but I took it as a personal attack and was offended on a personal level, both emotionally and physically.  I'm still trying to work out how that second part happened, but it resulted in a strange feeling in my...  Oh wait, maybe it was just the yogurt I had for lunch.

Carry on.