Author Topic: DREAM THEATER apparel  (Read 1446 times)

Offline theaterdream

DREAM THEATER apparel
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:39:30 AM »
Hi everyone.  I was thinking about purchasing some of my first DT apparel from their store and had a couple questions that you may be able to answer if you've ordered from there.

I  was thinking of possibly of a hoodie, tshirt and/or a beanie. How is the overall quality of the items? Do they hold up well? Are the shirts and hoodies good quality material? Does the fabric get those little balls on it after several washes? Does the black color fade easily and become a dark gray? Do they ever send out any coupons or codes for money off? The stuff is pretty pricey there.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Madman Shepherd

Re: DREAM THEATER apparel
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:45:08 PM »
Ive never purchased from the store but I'm assuming most of the stuff is the same they sell at concerts which I have bought a number of items from.  They all seem to be average-good quality.  No major issues.  I've never purchased a black shirt so I don't know if they fade but I still wear my Octavarium shirt I got 7ish years ago and its still holding up. 

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »
Assuming they are the same items sold at the concerts, the t-shirts are of good quality. I have 5 DT shirts (one for DT12, the ADTOE cover, another ADTOE shirt, the cartoon characters, and one for SC), all of which I wear fairly regularly. The colors on the ADTOE cover are starting to crack, though the others are still in very good condition months/years later.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:59:22 PM »

I  was thinking of possibly of a hoodie, tshirt and/or a beanie. How is the overall quality of the items? Do they hold up well? Are the shirts and hoodies good quality material? 

I have a few shirts and a hoodie .........the hoodie is the sort of stuff you'd get from a cheapo online t-shirt company.  The t-shirts are of a good quality , although I'll give you a tip.  Most of them seem to be okay - the 25th anniversary collage is really good and fits well but the DT12 album cover one has a weird stitching across the shoulders that basically makes it unwearable - like you have shoulder pads on.

The best item they have ($$$$) is undoubtedly the leather jacket which is lovely.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:01:02 PM »
i got the cartoon characters shirt when it came out (2011?) and it's only now starting to fade a bit.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 07:36:39 PM »
Stay away from the woman's tees.

they are fucking shit.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline PetFish

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 11:21:42 PM »
Sorry you've had bad experiences with the womens shirts.  My wife has black with green gem (Breaking All Illusions) from the ADToE tour and wears/washes it once a week and it looks brand new.

It probably also depends if you wash them "correctly" or not or if you use crappy soap/detergent but if all your mens shirts are fine then I don't know what to say.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 01:07:24 AM »
She has/had the same shirt.  Besides running small there wasn't much of a problem with it that I know of.... But that damn thin cheap ass hummingbird shirt from this tour is not worth the small fortune they charge on the website.

/rant
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline 1000ml

• > 32 oz
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 01:38:12 PM »
I wish they would offer some 3XL shirts for us big guys.  The only 3XL shirts I can find are on ebay and it's just variations on the logo.  I'd gladly drop an extra amount to get a fresh design in a larger shirt.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »
I wish they would offer some 3XL shirts for us big guys.  The only 3XL shirts I can find are on ebay and it's just variations on the logo.  I'd gladly drop an extra amount to get a fresh design in a larger shirt.
This guy knows what's up.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 02:28:00 PM »
this is the main reason I'm thankful for not being bigger than I already am. 2x is already a bitch to find sometimes.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline theaterdream

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 07:15:15 AM »
Wow, for these prices I was hoping for really good quality materials. I don't buy many band clothing but would love to get some DT apparel. I bought an official star wars shirt years ago and it is now starting to fade but the shirt quality is fairly heavy and it only cost $15. I guess I'm just a little hesitant toto spend this much money if the quality is only average at best. Sad to hear the hoodies are poor quality. For $50 I would expect good quality.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 08:31:39 AM »
I bought a couple  t-shirts 2 years ago and they are both good shirts. No complaints. I really want the traditional "Est. 1985"hoodie, but I don't want to buy it if its not good quality.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 08:40:46 AM »
Quality has been hit and miss for me on the men's shirts. My BC&SL shirt is thin as fuck. My Black Clouds and Silver Anniversary shirt is decent thickness wise... but pretty faded now. My gray full band picture shirt from the ADTOE tour and my Dramatic Tour album cover shirt were decent (too bad I lose the gray one)... and the DT12 album cover tour shirt is thin as fuck.

Oh and my long sleeve tour shirt from BC&SL is great quality.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"