Author Topic: Using songs for alarm clocks  (Read 2764 times)

Offline elizaalltiedup

Re: Using songs for alarm clocks
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 07:32:57 AM »
Devin Townsend Project - Lucky Animals is absolutely fantastic for making sure I get the hell out of bed.

Offline Riitasointi

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »
Yeah I don't like to use songs as an alarm, because I'd just end up hating them. Same for ringtones to be honest, I'm not sure why cos I actually don't hate it when people call me  :lol But it happens all the same and that's why I just use the regular ringtones my phone has.

But I really think Frantic would work in the mornings  :rollin

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »
I used to have Ghost of Perdition. Scared the cat so much he refused to sleep in my bed after that. :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 08:54:36 AM »
I used to do this with no particular song structure but after a time a realized I started hating the songs I used because well, they were waking me up and I hate being waken up. I tried using songs I didn't like that much but I woke up in a bad mood.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »
The Spirit Of Radio does the trick for me when I need music.

Offline 425

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »

I worried about the same thing, so I chose Metallica - Frantic as my alarm clock. I couldn't possibly think any less of the song, and it sure as hell gets you up in a hurry. :lol

FRANTIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TOCK

I was actually just thinking randomly yesterday about how Frantic is the one song from St. Anger that I thought I liked. That prompted me to listen to it and realize that even it actually isn't that good.

On topic: I used 6:00 for a while because I had to get up at 6:00 and I thought that was funny or something. Now I think most of my alarms are still set for it, but I get up before my alarm now because my roommate always has earlier classes than I do. If I was using alarms again in the future I'd probably still use 6:00, but I don't know for sure. I might switch it up to something more positive or something.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline JLa

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 07:45:16 AM »
I used to have Ghost of Perdition. Scared the cat so much he refused to sleep in my bed after that. :lol
I listened to Opeth at max volume one night, and when the CD finished I forgot to turn the volume down before I went to bed. I used my CD player as alarm clock at the time, it just started to play the first track of whatever disc that was in there. Now, I slept through the nice little intro of Ghost of Perdition, but when Mikael Åkerfeldt started screaming GHOST OF!!! MOTHER!!!! at 6 a.m. I woke up rather fast...

Not recommended. :lol:

Offline Riitasointi

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 08:39:20 AM »
I listened to Opeth at max volume one night, and when the CD finished I forgot to turn the volume down before I went to bed. I used my CD player as alarm clock at the time, it just started to play the first track of whatever disc that was in there. Now, I slept through the nice little intro of Ghost of Perdition, but when Mikael Åkerfeldt started screaming GHOST OF!!! MOTHER!!!! at 6 a.m. I woke up rather fast...

Not recommended. :lol:
Hahaha I can imagine this so well  :rollin :rollin

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 11:23:56 AM »

I worried about the same thing, so I chose Metallica - Frantic as my alarm clock. I couldn't possibly think any less of the song, and it sure as hell gets you up in a hurry. :lol

I was actually just thinking randomly yesterday about how Frantic is the one song from St. Anger that I thought I liked. That prompted me to listen to it and realize that even it actually isn't that good.

MY EAT STYLE
DETERMINES MY POOP STYLE

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 12:07:50 PM »
Often times, on days where I need to get up at a certain time, I use Alter Bridge's Rise Today.  Good chorus to wake up to.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2014, 12:15:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvBfHwUxHIk

Sounds just as much like a grating alarm beep. There's the perfect incentive to get out of bed.