Author Topic: Introduction to Effects Pedal Building  (Read 1073 times)

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
Introduction to Effects Pedal Building
« on: August 24, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »
So today, I had an epiphany (in the shower no less!). I realized that I want to build effects pedals. I'm not trying to be the next big boutique pedal company, or anything like that. I simply want to build effects pedals for me, and maybe some friends. With that said, does anyone here have any experience with building effects pedals? I have no idea where to start. I know the obvious answer is Google, but I thought I would put this out here as well because there are some pretty cool members here. So, whaddaya got? 
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Introduction to Effects Pedal Building
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:27:41 AM »
I have no idea how to go about it but I got dibs on a prototype!!!!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:41:15 AM »
Aren't there DIY effects pedal kits? I don't know if they're any good, but they might be a decent place to start to learn the basics, such as what the components are and how to wire everything up.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »
I have no idea how to go about it but I got dibs on a prototype!!!!

If I end up making anything worth using, I'll be sure to send you something!

Aren't there DIY effects pedal kits? I don't know if they're any good, but they might be a decent place to start to learn the basics, such as what the components are and how to wire everything up.

I found some of those on line, and they're actually pretty affordable. There are some that get up there, but the basic stuff is actually a little less than you would probably pay for a Boss pedal. I might start with those because what I've read/heard so far is that most people start with clones, so it seems pretty easy to start there.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.