Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479425 times)

Offline OpenYourEyes311

Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #1050 on: June 02, 2015, 07:25:50 AM »
I got 100% in NSMBU a few months back, and I'm slowly working on getting through Luigi U (not 100%, just getting through). It's pretty hard, but still a lot of fun! I was also put off by the time limit, but the levels are so short that it's not really the biggest challenge to overcome. The Mario game has enough difficulty just to get 100%, but I definitely recommend downloading Luigi once you get to that point and need a bigger challenge.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1051 on: June 02, 2015, 08:34:09 AM »
MrBoom I now know which game I'm going to be playing this weekend.

Have you ever played The Forest?
Yea I played a bit upon release. It definitely has potential but was early stages back then. I plan to revisit sometime in the near future. Do you play it?

Just a bit of a warning, Rust is in alpha so lots of things are missing and some animations are probably just placeholders this early and the worst part is that server wipes will happen on occastion. Our first base got wiped which was a bit annoying because they deployed a performance patch 3 days after the big server wipe.
That's the nature of alpha though.

New stuff pop up weekly and they're very active with the community so things move forward pretty quickly which is nice.

They have made a lot of improvements in The Forest including making it co-op. It's definitely worth a shot if you like the genre.
Speaking of The Forest and Rust. ARK: Survival Evolved launches today, looks interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumBcu1Y3u4

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1052 on: June 02, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »
Re Playing Dead Space 2. Man what an f'd up game lol. Awesome game.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1053 on: June 02, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »
First an awesome GoT episode and know this:

https://fallout.bethsoft.com/

I'm very happy right now!!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1054 on: June 02, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »
MrBoom I now know which game I'm going to be playing this weekend.

Have you ever played The Forest?
Yea I played a bit upon release. It definitely has potential but was early stages back then. I plan to revisit sometime in the near future. Do you play it?

Just a bit of a warning, Rust is in alpha so lots of things are missing and some animations are probably just placeholders this early and the worst part is that server wipes will happen on occastion. Our first base got wiped which was a bit annoying because they deployed a performance patch 3 days after the big server wipe.
That's the nature of alpha though.

New stuff pop up weekly and they're very active with the community so things move forward pretty quickly which is nice.

They have made a lot of improvements in The Forest including making it co-op. It's definitely worth a shot if you like the genre.
Speaking of The Forest and Rust. ARK: Survival Evolved launches today, looks interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumBcu1Y3u4

Going to check it out now!

As far as Fallout is concered I have the games but haven't played a single one.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1055 on: June 02, 2015, 02:21:46 PM »
I just went to buy ARK but couldn't find the buy button on Steam.

Offline adace

« Reply #1056 on: June 02, 2015, 03:59:47 PM »
First an awesome GoT episode and know this:

https://fallout.bethsoft.com/

I'm very happy right now!!
:metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1057 on: June 02, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »
I just went to buy ARK but couldn't find the buy button on Steam.
I think it's live now but I can't check:

https://steamcommunity.com//games/346110/announcements/detail/249167936951390067

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1058 on: June 02, 2015, 05:00:16 PM »

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1059 on: June 03, 2015, 09:55:14 AM »
Was I the only one who would have preferred TES 6 to Fallout 4? Oh well, still gonna be great.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1060 on: June 03, 2015, 10:02:38 AM »
Was I the only one who would have preferred TES 6 to Fallout 4? Oh well, still gonna be great.

I feel the same way.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #1061 on: June 03, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »
I liked Fallout 3 well enough but I haven't even played New Vegas yet.

Offline adace

« Reply #1062 on: June 03, 2015, 12:21:21 PM »
Fallout 4 trailer's up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

Looks fantastic, can't wait!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1063 on: June 03, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »

I would have greatly preferred it, but with Witcher out, I'm not complaining much now.

Both Skyrim and Witcher III are *amazing* games, but if I could pick little pieces from each and merge them into one game... dear lord.

My biggest gripe with Witcher atm is that I can only have one objective going at once. I'm level 17 now, and would like to pick every objective up to say level 18 and highlight them on the map, so I can see the best way to proceed.

Then there is some little stuff, like if I walk up to a plant I should just be able to grab the item, not have to hit the button twice in order to bring up a menu and then grab it. Bunch of little stuff like that. But then on the flip side there are things in Skyrim I wish Witcher did. Really though, both are just fantastic.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: June 03, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »

You arent missing much.  New Vegas was a good game and all, but its basically Fallout 3 in Las Vegas.  I'm excited for Fallout 4 though, Im assuming a new engine and all since itll be next gen.  The graphics look awesome.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1065 on: June 03, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
Oh good lord, just had a glorious moment in Witcher 3. Will make small as to not spoil anything. Many likely aren't at this point yet.

So, for starters, from moment #1 the church of the eternal fire seems like a bunch of douchebags. Well, I get to a point where I particular priest in Novagrad is going around and torturing/burning blasphemers. So I burned the mother fucker. Didn't take a single swipe with the sword. Igni, dodge, dodge, dodge, Igni, and repeat. Until he lay charred on the ground.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
WoW in 2015?
« Reply #1066 on: June 03, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »
Anyone play World of Warcraft anymore? I'm a pretty casual player compared to the majority of the player base (I do raid off and on and just saying that tells how casual I am). Doing a quick search shows that there are a number of people who at the very least used to play on here. Just checking to see if people are still around on there.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1067 on: June 03, 2015, 05:50:16 PM »
You know, I always avoided WoW because of how addicted I know I would be. And considering my love of Witcher/Skyrim, and my love of Destiny... I can see how right I would have been. :lol

That said it's such a cool world that one day I really should explore it.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1068 on: June 03, 2015, 07:57:30 PM »
Fallout 4 trailer's up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

Looks fantastic, can't wait!
I had tears of joy when the trailer finished.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1069 on: June 03, 2015, 08:33:26 PM »

My biggest gripe with Witcher atm is that I can only have one objective going at once. I'm level 17 now, and would like to pick every objective up to say level 18 and highlight them on the map, so I can see the best way to proceed.

This would be really nice.

I'm pretty much done in Velen quest wise but I still have some undiscovered locations to hit up before I head to Novigrad. It would be really nice if you could tell if it was going to be worth your effort to go to some really remote place before you find out the monsters are twice your level though :lol

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: WoW in 2015?
« Reply #1070 on: June 03, 2015, 09:47:55 PM »
Anyone play World of Warcraft anymore? I'm a pretty casual player compared to the majority of the player base (I do raid off and on and just saying that tells how casual I am). Doing a quick search shows that there are a number of people who at the very least used to play on here. Just checking to see if people are still around on there.
It's been a long time since I played WoW. I played during Wrath of the Lich King.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1071 on: June 03, 2015, 11:46:19 PM »

You arent missing much.  New Vegas was a good game and all, but its basically Fallout 3 in Las Vegas.  I'm excited for Fallout 4 though, Im assuming a new engine and all since itll be next gen.  The graphics look awesome.
I loved New Vegas, thought it was great. Even though Skyrim was one of the best game i've played F4 was a logic next step. They have a big Fallout fan base so they have to give them something (unlike Valve) even though Skyrim is their biggest success so far.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1072 on: June 04, 2015, 02:38:02 AM »

I disagree. Obviously it was the same game engine and everything, but narratively it was a much stronger game I thought. More so than F3 and Skyrim.

Anyway, the trailer looks gorgeous, so I'm really looking forward to this!

Last night I finished catching up on the first 2 seasons of Telltale's Walking Dead. Good games, very good storytelling. Main thing that was kind of frustrating, though, was the illusion that your choices matter when they don't really.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1073 on: June 04, 2015, 05:46:06 AM »
Playing Wolfenstein, The Old Blood at the moment. Yeah shooting at ze Germans again...! Pretty challeging at times though...
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline adace

« Reply #1074 on: June 05, 2015, 03:31:07 AM »
Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection announced for PS4!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKfRZ1x2nbQ

Recently played Uncharted 2 and 3. Fantastic games. They felt just like a big budget action movie. Really excited to see them with updated graphics. Haven't played the first one though so I'll wait to play it on this version.

Offline adace

« Reply #1075 on: June 06, 2015, 06:49:53 PM »
Just entered Skellige in Witcher 3 for the first time. DAT SCENERY!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1076 on: June 07, 2015, 06:06:06 AM »
Yea I haven't entered it yet, looking forward to it!  :tup

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1077 on: June 07, 2015, 04:00:30 PM »
Yea I haven't entered it yet, looking forward to it!  :tup

Still haven't had time to play, I'm only on level 2. Sometime soon!

Offline adace

« Reply #1078 on: June 07, 2015, 05:53:38 PM »
So I was doing a quest in Skellige when I suddenly became unable to sprint on foot even though I wasn't overburdened :(

Tried restarting the system and loading other save files but no luck. Already updated to the latest version.

Any advice? Otherwise I guess I just have to wait until the next patch and hope it fixes it.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1079 on: June 07, 2015, 08:53:09 PM »
So I was doing a quest in Skellige when I suddenly became unable to sprint on foot even though I wasn't overburdened :(

Tried restarting the system and loading other save files but no luck. Already updated to the latest version.

Any advice? Otherwise I guess I just have to wait until the next patch and hope it fixes it.

Funny you should mention that. I was reading the patch notes for 1.04 and 1.05.

1.05 does indeed fix that exact issue. However that is only out on PC so far, as 1.04 is the most recent to roll out for console. So while it sucks to be screwed for now, it should be resolved within a few days.

Offline adace

« Reply #1080 on: June 07, 2015, 09:50:09 PM »

1.05 does indeed fix that exact issue. However that is only out on PC so far, as 1.04 is the most recent to roll out for console. So while it sucks to be screwed for now, it should be resolved within a few days.
Ok cool, I'm glad CDPR is so responsive to their fan base in fixing these issues.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1081 on: June 07, 2015, 11:28:45 PM »

Ok cool, I'm glad CDPR is so responsive to their fan base in fixing these issues.

Also, of important note for 1.05, slightly bigger text for PC, and a bigger boost for consoles, which is huge. You can tell this game was (I assume) originally PC based, as the text is meant to be read up close. Can't wait to have the bigger text on the PS4. Also, a minor annoyance, but also changed is that candles and such near loot will no longer be able to be activated. Meaning no more starting a fire when you want to get in a chest.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1082 on: June 08, 2015, 02:52:50 AM »
Someone was selling a Dreamcast with 4 controllers and the Mad Catz Dream Wheel steering wheel/pedals accessory as a package deal for $90 in a FB group I belong to. I didn't wanna shell that much out til the end of the month so I offered him $110 as a compromise for him passing on the quick money since someone else was already asking him about it. He obliged, confirmed that everything works, and threw in San Francisco Rush 2049 for free without me even asking. To make sure I didn't fuck myself by letting the impulse get the best of me, I just ebayed my items for a general price check. Seems like most DC consoles go for $30-50, controllers for $10-15, and the only steering wheel like mine I saw was $50 near mint in box.

Taking the median of the price ranges I mentioned and depreciating the wheel to $25 to account for the missing box and likelihood that it's nowhere near mint, here's an approximation I came up with:

Console: $40

Controllers: 4 x $12.50 = $50

Steering wheel: $25

Game: ??? ebay says $30-50 whether it's used or new and with case. Mine's a bare disc so nothing conclusive as of now.

Total: $115 plus I'm not paying any shipping so that's a massive savings since that's easily $30-40 right there.

I'm sure some of you are way savvier than I when it comes to retro appraisals like this, however, so I'd be really glad if anyone would care to weigh in on the accuracy of my pricing.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1083 on: June 08, 2015, 10:04:10 AM »
Im glad I got my dreamcast for 10 dollars at a yard sale.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Anguyen92

Re: WoW in 2015?
« Reply #1084 on: June 09, 2015, 12:47:16 AM »

I used to play WoW during the Burning Crusade days.  Mainly, spent my days doing a lot of PVP battlegrounds and I was pretty good at it.  I stopped playing because my computer was crap, my internet was crap, life got in the way, and my household got a new dog.  That stated, I did came back for like a week or so, last September, since Blizzard did this promotion where people with a Battle.net account can get two weeks free where they can level up to 85.  I took that opportunity and decided to enjoy the leveling experience.  It was all right.  The WoW world landscape obviously changed during Cataclysm, but I think the overall leveling experience was fine and I probably would have loved to experience the end game content of Wrath and Cata.

Nowadays, I play Hearthstone and try to do my best getting better and better at it and watching the streamers play it.  It can be fun at times, too grindy at times, and times where I ponder why am I wasting my time playing the game where I don't have much to gain in the end and have no realistic shot at getting the good cards without spending some money.