Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481115 times)

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #980 on: April 28, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »
5. Irrelevant, and since modders can still put them up for free if they so choose this argument feels like entitlement. This is an option for modders, not mod users.

Adding to this point, if somebody pays for a mod and it ends up being shitty, a really bad rating will likely steer others away, if ratings are enabled
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #981 on: April 28, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »
4. Mod creators set the price, not the publisher. ...and the developers, publishers, distributors, etc. all combine for a ton of effort put forth before a modder can do anything. You're also making up arguments by saying people buy the game for mods. Some do, but prove most do.

My gut sides with this but I'm not sure there is any data to back it up. Personally mods have never interested me, especially when it comes to AAA titles. I know there are graphical enhancements and whatnot some of the time but I can't help but feel like most mods are like slapping bumper stickers on a Maserati.

Offline adace

« Reply #982 on: April 29, 2015, 05:14:51 AM »
Awesome Gamestop deal: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3453t4/gamestop_4_for_10_on_select_preowned_games/

Picked up:
Uncharted 3
Killzone 3
Singularity (PS3)
Dishonored (PS3)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #983 on: May 01, 2015, 06:41:05 AM »
Interesting discussion about the mod scene and the recent events:

An in-depth conversation about the modding scene
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #984 on: May 01, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »
A longer Just Cause 3 trailer was released recently, gotta say I'm excited about it. I guess I'll buy a PS4 around Cyber Monday and get the game on xmas, finally a reason to buy a PS4 heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #985 on: May 01, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »
I haven't looked at Just Cause 3 at all but the JC2 was a blast. I'll probably pick up JC3 when it gets released.

Right now I'm hooked on DiRT Rally, it's an early release but I'm having a blast.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #986 on: May 02, 2015, 01:47:58 AM »
Yep definitely pumped for JC3.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #987 on: May 02, 2015, 08:13:26 PM »
Awesome Gamestop deal: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3453t4/gamestop_4_for_10_on_select_preowned_games/

Just picked up:

Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Brutal Legend
Bulletstorm
Darksiders
Epic Mickey
God of War: Origins Collection
Infamous
Infamous 2
Little Big Planet
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Rage
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Saints Row 2
Super Street Fighter IV
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

My checking account would like a word with you, adace.

Fair warning to those whom are thinking of getting in on this sale. It's nearly a bare-disc free-for-all since very few of my games didn't have some issue with them. Of the 20 games I bought, 14 were so dirty I had to clean them, 7 were missing the cover art, 9 were missing the manual, 1 had a case that's so badly broken it won't even close, and 1 is so thoroughly caked with grime that I'm just bringing it back for a swapout since I'm fearful I'd irreversibly fuck it up even trying to clean it.

Overall, I'm still glad to have gotten 20 games for $54 and 11 of them were clean (after a little effort), nearly scratchless, and in a satisfactory case with cover insert and manual. The important thing, however, is to INSPECT EACH GAME. I called ahead to ensure availability since I was getting such a huge amount of games and had an employee hold them at the counter. Since they were so accomodating, I didn't wanna be a dick and hold up the line and just took 'em blindly. Save yourselves the trouble and nip any problems in the bud right there on the spot.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #988 on: May 02, 2015, 08:14:32 PM »
I don't know if anyone played Rust but it's a extremely addictive game especially if you build a base with a group of   friends.

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
« Reply #989 on: May 02, 2015, 09:35:40 PM »
So apparently Batman Arkham Knight had released some info's about the Season Pass.. here it is:

Earlier this week, we announced the Season Pass for Batman: Arkham Knight. While the story of Rocksteady’s Batman: Arkham Trilogy will come to a close on June 23rd, we are excited to continue telling stories and delivering more content to explore and play through in the 6 months following the game’s release. We’ll be building more narrative, more missions, more challenges and more characters and vehicles that we want players to experience, even though they didn’t fit into the storyline of Batman: Arkham Knight.

We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass. While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the Season Pass.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.

WB Games

Anyone else really excited for this game? I sure do  :metal looks like my summer will be Bat-sh*t crazy *slowclap*

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #990 on: May 02, 2015, 09:42:38 PM »
So kind of got a bit bored of Fallout 3, and started Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PS3. Oh man, it looks bloody amazing. And its been really fun to play so far.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #991 on: May 06, 2015, 01:40:45 AM »
This looks really cool: The Void

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #992 on: May 06, 2015, 02:25:40 AM »
Finished Bioshock 2 earlier this week, cool game, probably slightly prefer it to the first. Although narratively there wasn't anything as brilliant as the twists in the first game, the story had a bit more build to it and I really liked the charactor of Eleanor. Plus it was a bit more fun to play!

Anyway, I've now moved on to Bioshock Infinite - very different so far but I really like it. So much more beautiful visually, and I like the fact that there are lots of other people around which gives it a very different vibe. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #993 on: May 06, 2015, 09:48:04 AM »
You're in for a treat ;) . I find the only "bad" thing about BioShock 2 is that it takes some time to build up, and the best of the game is on the last 1/4 of it. But when you reach there... :eek

Edit: Btw, which ending did you get?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #994 on: May 06, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »
The best ending I think. I was basically a merciful hero the whole way through. :lol

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #995 on: May 06, 2015, 03:22:21 PM »
The best ending I think. I was basically a merciful hero the whole way through. :lol
There are some videos in YT with the different endings (12 or so), watch them - some are just heartbreaking, others happy, and a few really dark...

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #996 on: May 06, 2015, 09:32:56 PM »
I don't know if anyone played Rust but it's a extremely addictive game especially if you build a base with a group of   friends.

I spent a lot of time playing Rust about a year ago, I haven't checked it out since but I'll have to spend some time with it soon.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #997 on: May 07, 2015, 12:46:21 AM »

I spent a lot of time playing Rust about a year ago, I haven't checked it out since but I'll have to spend some time with it soon.
Cool, me too. I also took a break. They have since basically re-buildt the whole game. New engine, loot system, building system and with the recent patch they tweaked the loot system so you could collect and carry ridiculous amount of resources. A bit overkill imo but alot of fun.

Me and 3 friends spent 3 days building this monstrosity, dubbed Swecastle:

6 floors high (11 if you count the mid tower).
 :lol

Our furnace room with 27 furnaces, melting metal ore to metal fragments for house upgrading and sulfur ore to sulfur for gun powder.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:12:01 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #998 on: May 07, 2015, 01:32:55 AM »
There are some videos in YT with the different endings (12 or so), watch them - some are just heartbreaking, others happy, and a few really dark...
Yeah I found a compilation one which said "all 6 endings". They were all kind of similar in context but as you say, some very dark and others happy, and it seemed to depend on whether you (a) harvested any little sisters, and (b) showed mercy to the people who were complicit in what happened to you. As I said, I was one of those boring heroes who shows mercy to everyone, so I got the happy ending. :P

I be am boner inducing.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #999 on: May 07, 2015, 06:43:30 AM »
MrBoom I now know which game I'm going to be playing this weekend.

Have you ever played The Forest?

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1000 on: May 07, 2015, 07:14:38 AM »
Yeah I found a compilation one which said "all 6 endings". They were all kind of similar in context but as you say, some very dark and others happy, and it seemed to depend on whether you (a) harvested any little sisters, and (b) showed mercy to the people who were complicit in what happened to you. As I said, I was one of those boring heroes who shows mercy to everyone, so I got the happy ending. :P
Cool - you should check the Minerva's Den DLC (it's included on the Steam edition though). One of the finest expansions you'll find on any game, with a unique plot.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1001 on: May 07, 2015, 09:39:02 AM »
MrBoom I now know which game I'm going to be playing this weekend.

Have you ever played The Forest?
Yea I played a bit upon release. It definitely has potential but was early stages back then. I plan to revisit sometime in the near future. Do you play it?

Just a bit of a warning, Rust is in alpha so lots of things are missing and some animations are probably just placeholders this early and the worst part is that server wipes will happen on occastion. Our first base got wiped which was a bit annoying because they deployed a performance patch 3 days after the big server wipe.
That's the nature of alpha though.

New stuff pop up weekly and they're very active with the community so things move forward pretty quickly which is nice.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:46:31 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline adace

« Reply #1002 on: May 07, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »
Been on a used game buying spree the past few days. Here are my pick-ups:

Uncharted 2
Resistance 3
Starhawk
God of War 3
Gears of War 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Metal Gear Solid 4

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1003 on: May 12, 2015, 12:53:22 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #1004 on: May 12, 2015, 01:31:51 PM »
IGA ran Castlevania for a great decade or so following Symphony of the Night, but he wasn't its creator nor did he bring about the Castleroid switch. Looking forward to this game, wish he was still running Castlevania.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1005 on: May 13, 2015, 12:36:46 PM »
If anyone hasn't pre-ordered The Witcher 3 yet, really good discounts for PC/PS4 here: https://www.gamingdragons.com/en/search-witcher-3.html

$38 gets you the game,  Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition (full original game with three expansions), Digital Comics, and Digital Artbook.

In preparation, I just ordered a new video card (Sapphire Radeon R9 290) to go with my upgraded CPU (Intel i5 4690k) from several months ago. My aging Radeon 6950 has been a champ, but I'm going to need a little more "oomph" for these latest releases.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1006 on: May 13, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »
my upgraded CPU (Intel i5 4690k)
I've been thinking about getting that, how does it run performance-wise? Just curious :P .

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1007 on: May 13, 2015, 01:54:51 PM »
I've been really happy with it, though the only thing I've had to compare with it is running Dragon Age: Inquisition. I was running an OC'd Athlon X4 635 @ 3.6 GHz and noticed a considerable jump in performance. I could move from Med/High to High/Ultra and still saw a boost in frame rate. I'd say average of ~45fps or so (higher or lower depending on what's happening on screen). These are rough estimates off the top of my head, so YMMV.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1008 on: May 13, 2015, 02:19:21 PM »
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1009 on: May 13, 2015, 03:30:59 PM »
I might end up getting a PS4 for Witcher 3

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #1010 on: May 14, 2015, 02:20:35 PM »
So, Nintendo just released a short video to announce their E3 program including new World Championchips. This video just is a piece of genius (just listen to Reggie`s Training Song which heavily resembles Tenacious D`s "To Be The Best").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvzyY1FKr0  :corn

If the E3 Digital Event is somewhere close to be as funny as this, Nintendo already won the E3 imo

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #1011 on: May 14, 2015, 03:03:06 PM »
I am about halfway through the main story of New Super Mario Bros U, and I am liking it so far. My only complaint is that many of the levels border on the short and easy side, but hopefully the length and difficulty of each stage will increase in the second half.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1012 on: May 14, 2015, 03:47:11 PM »
I am about halfway through the main story of New Super Mario Bros U, and I am liking it so far. My only complaint is that many of the levels border on the short and easy side, but hopefully the length and difficulty of each stage will increase in the second half.

The length not so much, but the difficulty does increase, especially if you want to get all 3 stars.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #1013 on: May 14, 2015, 10:22:34 PM »
So, Nintendo just released a short video to announce their E3 program including new World Championchips. This video just is a piece of genius (just listen to Reggie`s Training Song which heavily resembles Tenacious D`s "To Be The Best").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvzyY1FKr0  :corn

If the E3 Digital Event is somewhere close to be as funny as this, Nintendo already won the E3 imo
Guess I'm just not a fan of Nintendo, that was terrible and not even funny because it's terrible.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #1014 on: May 15, 2015, 08:29:14 AM »

The length not so much, but the difficulty does increase, especially if you want to get all 3 stars.

Yeah, that game was awesome and pretty difficult through the end. Ended up getting all 5 Golden Stars on my profile, but it did take me a bit. Trying to do the same in Super Luigi U, which is a great game in itself, and a much bigger challenge (even though the levels are much shorter, but that's because you start with only 100 seconds).
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.