Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 480948 times)

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #910 on: April 01, 2015, 11:14:10 PM »
I just pre-ordered the Batman silver PS4 that comes with Arkham Knight. These limited editions always seem to sell out so fast, and there are enough games I want to play on the system now, so it seemed like a good time to hop on the train.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
« Reply #911 on: April 02, 2015, 12:43:34 AM »
Just finished episode one of Telltale Games' Game of Thrones. What a well written, compelling piece. The timer made me feel like I was actually a part of the world. The part with Cersei was brutal, it was the only section I shat the bed on; she just drilled into my soul, man. Just like I'd expect fucking Cersei would.

What impressed me most was how well-connected the stories were. I landed Margaery's help with the crown, so I felt confident in laying iron balls on the table when Ramsay visited and made his ass wait at my gate. And then I wasn't surprised at all when Margaery told me that Joffrey refused to grant me aid. Punk ass little shit. And then I gave myself a thorough mental ribbing for trusting that he'd would grant a Northerner any help in the first place.

And that ending, man. So powerful. Wow. I'm about to start episode two.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #912 on: April 02, 2015, 06:00:44 AM »
I had an extra long weekend so I used it playing through South Park the Stick of Truth and that game was amazing.  The turn based action got boring by the end, but the story and world were great, and very funny.  So I also pre-ordered GTA for the PC and in the meantime decided to get Battlefield Hardline to play through between now and GTA.  I wasn't going to get the game but it was already on sale on amazon so I got it and I am enjoying it so far.  The campaign is more of a stealth type of game than Battlefield type.  The multiplayer feels like a mix between Battlefield and Counterstrike. 

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #913 on: April 03, 2015, 09:31:01 PM »
Batman silver PS4

Motherfucker that thing looks sweet.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #914 on: April 07, 2015, 02:05:41 PM »
So the next Deus Ex game has apparently been leaked:

https://imgur.com/a/l5PBE

Eidos, be silent and accept my currency.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #915 on: April 08, 2015, 05:56:17 AM »

That looks really awesome.  Please accept my currency as well.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #916 on: April 08, 2015, 08:35:14 AM »
Has there been a mention in here about 200cc coming to Mario Kart 8 FO' FREE!?

So excited...
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #917 on: April 08, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #918 on: April 08, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »

Square Enix, accept it. :lol I know it's Edios Montreal developing, but Edios has been gone (Square Enix Europe) for a long time, now. Really looking forward to this game, both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Thief were great games (by Eidos Montreal).

I'm surprised they went for the Human Revolution sequel. Was one of the endings considered cannon?

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #919 on: April 08, 2015, 04:27:14 PM »
Damn, I still haven't played Human Revolution. I even have it for my PS3 :lol .

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #920 on: April 08, 2015, 05:33:17 PM »

Square Enix, accept it. :lol I know it's Edios Montreal developing, but Edios has been gone (Square Enix Europe) for a long time, now. Really looking forward to this game, both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Thief were great games (by Eidos Montreal).

I'm surprised they went for the Human Revolution sequel. Was one of the endings considered cannon?

From what I've read, none of the endings are canon.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline adace

« Reply #921 on: April 09, 2015, 03:02:35 AM »

Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2kd7F3YFz8&feature=youtu.be
Looks badass!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #922 on: April 09, 2015, 11:43:44 AM »
Can't wait to use absolutely none of those new lethal takedown techniques.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #923 on: April 09, 2015, 11:58:47 AM »
:lol

Pretty much what I was thinking. I think I reverted to lethal options only when replaying the section to save Malik in Human Revolution. ...and boss fights I suppose.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #924 on: April 10, 2015, 06:53:00 AM »
I almost always went the lethal way, guns blazin

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #925 on: April 10, 2015, 07:40:48 AM »
Looks like I'm picking up Bloodborne today. It's from the creators of the Dark Souls games, and it's getting rave reviews as the best PS4 exclusive. Target has a deal where you save $15 by buying the game and a $20 PSN card (good in-store and online).

What do you think of it so far? I just picked it up last Saturday and I'm having a blast with it. It definitely requires a lot of patience because the boss fights are pretty brutal, but once you figure out the patterns they become a lot easier. I'm doing my best to stay away from any tips/hints during my first play through, so I've died quite a few times so far  :lol

My only experience with the Souls games was with the first Dark Souls (never finished it), but I feel that Bloodborne feels a bit more streamlined. I'm currently fighting the Blood-Starved Beast, but have taken a break from the game (for my sanity  :lol ).

Did anyone else pick up Pillars of Eternity? I had never played an Isometric RPG before but I'm really enjoying this one. Combat takes a little getting used to, but the writing and story is top notch. If you're a fan of any of the old Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, etc.) I highly recommend picking this up.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #926 on: April 10, 2015, 12:00:10 PM »
Looks like I'm picking up Bloodborne today. It's from the creators of the Dark Souls games, and it's getting rave reviews as the best PS4 exclusive. Target has a deal where you save $15 by buying the game and a $20 PSN card (good in-store and online).

What do you think of it so far? I just picked it up last Saturday and I'm having a blast with it. It definitely requires a lot of patience because the boss fights are pretty brutal, but once you figure out the patterns they become a lot easier. I'm doing my best to stay away from any tips/hints during my first play through, so I've died quite a few times so far  :lol

My only experience with the Souls games was with the first Dark Souls (never finished it), but I feel that Bloodborne feels a bit more streamlined. I'm currently fighting the Blood-Starved Beast, but have taken a break from the game (for my sanity  :lol ).

Did anyone else pick up Pillars of Eternity? I had never played an Isometric RPG before but I'm really enjoying this one. Combat takes a little getting used to, but the writing and story is top notch. If you're a fan of any of the old Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, etc.) I highly recommend picking this up.

It really appeals to me but given how little time I have to plays games at the moment I'm gonna wait until it comes down in price a bit.

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #927 on: April 10, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
Has there been a mention in here about 200cc coming to Mario Kart 8 FO' FREE!?

So excited...

Yeah, it`s coming on 23rd April, along with the 2nd DLC package. I`m hyped about this stuff as well.

Just preordered Splatoon with the special edition Amiibo today after Amazon kicked out all that reseller guys by limiting orders to 1 per account. Love Amazon for that, but, well, I`m pretty excited to see what Splatoon is played like.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #928 on: April 10, 2015, 06:57:03 PM »
Just preordered Splatoon with the special edition Amiibo today.

Are you in Europe? I'm having trouble finding the amiibo bundle for North America right now. Anyone have any answers?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

« Reply #929 on: April 11, 2015, 03:28:45 PM »
Are you in Europe? I'm having trouble finding the amiibo bundle for North America right now. Anyone have any answers?

Yes,  I`m from Germany, so unfortuneately I can`t help you with it, if it is already sold out at Amazon etc. But as I already said, Amazon just blocked all those reseller guys from the pre-orders, so perhaps this might also happen in North America. I hope you`ll be lucky finding it (I`m glad I still got it, it also was sold out at Gamestop, so I really didn`t know what to do).

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #930 on: April 12, 2015, 09:45:37 AM »

Yup, the Blood-Starved Beast took me quite some time to figure out how to kill. I had never played any of the Souls games before Bloodborne so I was pretty caught off guard by how difficult it is at first. I think the best way to fight the Blood-Starved Beast is pretty much the same strategy I've used for every boss so far; stay close at all times and once you get the timing down on when to dodge his attacks, he'll barely even touch you.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #931 on: April 14, 2015, 06:36:25 AM »
Yeah, so I had to drop Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.  It was extremely frustratingly difficult.  But I really liked the idea and the game mechanics, so I looked to a different title in the series, MH Portable 3rd.  Considerably more forgiving than MHFU (which I read is probably the hardest MH game).  Enjoying it quite a bit.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #932 on: April 14, 2015, 06:41:13 AM »
I'm up in the air about buying a Wii U. I had a party the other night and Mario Kart and Smash would have been excellent to have.

« Reply #933 on: April 14, 2015, 11:40:51 AM »
Yeah, so I had to drop Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.  It was extremely frustratingly difficult.  But I really liked the idea and the game mechanics, so I looked to a different title in the series, MH Portable 3rd.  Considerably more forgiving than MHFU (which I read is probably the hardest MH game).  Enjoying it quite a bit.

Oh man, I`m currently playing MH4U on my 3DS and the single player mode is so extemely difficult that I don`t even want to continue playing, but in Multiplayer I suck because of not having decent equipment. MH4U really is much harder than MH3U which I started playing the MH with.

BTW: I`ve read several times in other forums that MH4U might be the hardest one. Never played the PSP titles, but that`s what I heard.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #934 on: April 14, 2015, 12:27:02 PM »
Hearthstone is now available on iOS and Android phones: https://www.polygon.com/2015/4/14/8407107/hearthstone-ios-android-iphone-release

There goes my battery life...

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #935 on: April 14, 2015, 01:20:20 PM »

Oh man, I`m currently playing MH4U on my 3DS and the single player mode is so extemely difficult that I don`t even want to continue playing, but in Multiplayer I suck because of not having decent equipment. MH4U really is much harder than MH3U which I started playing the MH with.

BTW: I`ve read several times in other forums that MH4U might be the hardest one. Never played the PSP titles, but that`s what I heard.

From what I've read, at least for PSP, MHFU was ridiculously unforgiving with its hitboxes.  MHP3rd is a Japanese import and I'm playing it with an ISO via a temporary custom firmware.  A lot has been translated to English for the ISO, but a lot of it is still in Japanese.  :lol  I will say that I didn't even get past the two star village urgent quest on MHFU, because I couldn't build up good enough equipment, like you.  But with MHP3rd, It's a lot more forgiving and I'm actually now on the five star village quests and am level HR4 at the guild.

The problem that's really screwing me over is that the analog stick on this PSP is pretty much screwed (apparently a common problem).  I have to push up on it REALLY hard to get it to move.  If I let go, the screen character will move in the down direction all on its own.  VERY hard to chase monsters around when your character keeps stopping because you can't push the analog stick hard enough.  Leaves you very vulnerable.  So with that, I've ordered a replacement analog stick and will re-install it, and hope for the best.

« Reply #936 on: April 14, 2015, 02:27:58 PM »
From what I've read, at least for PSP, MHFU was ridiculously unforgiving with its hitboxes.  MHP3rd is a Japanese import and I'm playing it with an ISO via a temporary custom firmware.  A lot has been translated to English for the ISO, but a lot of it is still in Japanese.  :lol  I will say that I didn't even get past the two star village urgent quest on MHFU, because I couldn't build up good enough equipment, like you.  But with MHP3rd, It's a lot more forgiving and I'm actually now on the five star village quests and am level HR4 at the guild.

The problem that's really screwing me over is that the analog stick on this PSP is pretty much screwed (apparently a common problem).  I have to push up on it REALLY hard to get it to move.  If I let go, the screen character will move in the down direction all on its own.  VERY hard to chase monsters around when your character keeps stopping because you can't push the analog stick hard enough.  Leaves you very vulnerable.  So with that, I've ordered a replacement analog stick and will re-install it, and hope for the best.

Ah yeah, the hitboxes problem chases every MH game so far (don`t even want to remember Plesioth from MH3U). OK I`m on the 8 star quests in MH4U now, but G-Rank Multiplayer is so goddamn hard, especially those urgent quests just messed with me and my friends.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #937 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:59 AM »
Hearthstone is now available on iOS and Android phones: https://www.polygon.com/2015/4/14/8407107/hearthstone-ios-android-iphone-release

There goes my battery life...

Yep.  Now I can go ahead and play it while killing time waiting for class. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #938 on: April 15, 2015, 05:09:37 PM »

Ah yeah, the hitboxes problem chases every MH game so far (don`t even want to remember Plesioth from MH3U). OK I`m on the 8 star quests in MH4U now, but G-Rank Multiplayer is so goddamn hard, especially those urgent quests just messed with me and my friends.

Yeah, and I don't really have anyone I can play along with, so it does make the guild quests particularly tough.  As far as I can tell, the only big monsters MH4U and MHP3RD have in common are Zinogre, Lagombi, Rathalos, and Rathian.  I just beat my first Guild Zinogre and DAMN was it tough!  Also, it looks like lots of similarities in the monsters of MH4U and MHFU.  The Khezu annoyed the hell out of me.

However, I've just replaced the analog stick in my PSP (t'was a very tricky fix) and wow, WHAT a difference.  This thing plays like a freakin' dream now.  :caffeine:

« Reply #939 on: April 16, 2015, 03:45:07 AM »

Yeah, and I don't really have anyone I can play along with, so it does make the guild quests particularly tough.  As far as I can tell, the only big monsters MH4U and MHP3RD have in common are Zinogre, Lagombi, Rathalos, and Rathian.  I just beat my first Guild Zinogre and DAMN was it tough!  Also, it looks like lots of similarities in the monsters of MH4U and MHFU.  The Khezu annoyed the hell out of me.

However, I've just replaced the analog stick in my PSP (t'was a very tricky fix) and wow, WHAT a difference.  This thing plays like a freakin' dream now.  :caffeine:

Oh, you`ll like Red Khezu then  ;)
Unfortuneately I can`t play online mode, because my router somehow blocks all gaming consoles (had to open up almost all ports manually to play MK8 and SSB online on my Wii U), so 3DS online modes are completely blocked for me, so I have to play locally with my friends (well, we would do that even if I had online mode).

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #940 on: April 17, 2015, 02:48:14 PM »
New star wars battlefront trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

Looks tizz-ight  :metal

Offline adace

« Reply #941 on: April 19, 2015, 03:08:40 AM »
https://gematsu.com/2015/04/rumor-next-mass-effect-details-leaked-survey
Explore 100s of solar systems (over 4x size of Mass Effect 3)
My excitement levels just went through the roof.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #942 on: April 19, 2015, 03:25:06 AM »
https://gematsu.com/2015/04/rumor-next-mass-effect-details-leaked-survey
Explore 100s of solar systems (over 4x size of Mass Effect 3)
My excitement levels just went through the roof.
Pilotable ship to discover 100s of solar systems. Customizable with trophies/loot/photos taken through the galaxy. Transition between flying ship, to landing on planet, to driving Mako, to getting out on foot, all seamless with no loading screens.
Seems like they're trying to ride on what Star Citizen aims to do, although CIG publicly said that atmospheric flight and landing on planets on your own is a future goal because it's a monumental task. Either way I believe it when I see it.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #943 on: April 20, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #944 on: April 20, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »
Gotta keep dem fingers nimble cuz we know Bill wasn't traversin dat jungle.