Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 480915 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #875 on: March 16, 2015, 09:49:23 AM »
Finally got the South Park Stick of Truth game this weekend for 13 bucks on a steam sale.  Got time to play it yesterday and its hilarious and very enjoyable.  :tup

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #876 on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:44 PM »

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #877 on: March 16, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
Been going back and playing some "older" games.. beat DKC Returns on Wii and Wind Waker.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #878 on: March 16, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »
More HL3 'confirmation'.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/78260/20150316/half-life-3-confirmed.htm

kdramastars is a bullshit website, don't even.

Though I do believe we'll get an announcement of the mythical game rather soon...
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #879 on: March 16, 2015, 08:45:06 PM »
Playing Shovel Knight at the moment. :metal

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #880 on: March 16, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »
Playing Shovel Knight at the moment. :metal

2014 GOTY.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #881 on: March 17, 2015, 12:24:39 AM »
I just finished my first playthrough of Shovel Knight last night, great game.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline adace

« Reply #882 on: March 18, 2015, 05:23:02 AM »
It's been over 10 years since I sold my PS2 and I haven't gotten another Playstation product since then. That's about to change.

Very excited to be ordering the PS4 today! I already bought Killzone Shadow Fall and will be getting Infamous Second Son and Last of Us Remastered soon.

But the real reason I decided to take the plunge is No Man's Sky. Holy crap that game looks amazing.

And if I have any extra cash, I might just get a PS3 as well because there's a lot of great games I missed out on.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #883 on: March 18, 2015, 06:07:03 AM »
It's been over 10 years since I sold my PS2 and I haven't gotten another Playstation product since then. That's about to change.

Very excited to be ordering the PS4 today! I already bought Killzone Shadow Fall and will be getting Infamous Second Son and Last of Us Remastered soon.

But the real reason I decided to take the plunge is No Man's Sky. Holy crap that game looks amazing.

And if I have any extra cash, I might just get a PS3 as well because there's a lot of great games I missed out on.

Get GTA-V and join my crew online.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #884 on: March 18, 2015, 11:26:49 AM »
I liked Shovel Knight but didn't thought it really was that great.

The OST is awesome though.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:05:27 PM by Outcrier »
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #885 on: March 18, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »
yeah Shovel Knight is good, certainly, but I wasn't blown away by it. Can't complain that it's as popular as it is though  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #886 on: March 18, 2015, 08:10:58 PM »
Did anyone else play The Order 1886 ?

I watched my bro play it.

Yes the game basically holds your hand the entire time and yes there is a LOT of story and cut scenes but I thought the voice acting was

fantastic and the dialogue was pretty damn good for a video game.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #887 on: March 18, 2015, 08:14:13 PM »
I was sad to see that it was basically less than a half day's worth of quick time events, cutscenes, and extremely uninspired gameplay. It was one of the games making me consider getting a PS4 first, which I ended up changing my mind and getting the Xbox One.

Offline Cable

« Reply #888 on: March 19, 2015, 08:14:53 PM »
---

Offline adace

« Reply #889 on: March 20, 2015, 12:03:52 AM »
Just beat Battlefield Hardline's campaign. Interesting story, but I prefer the main series. A decent 7/10 for me.

In other news, I'm getting my PS4 on the 25th. Can't wait!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #891 on: March 20, 2015, 03:32:30 AM »
So Hideo Kojima is out from Konami after MGS5.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/
Can't help but being very curious about what exactly happened.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Cable

« Reply #892 on: March 20, 2015, 08:53:34 PM »
^
Me too.

Although I will be honest; by MGS3, I got tried of the fiction mixed in with non-fiction times (Cold War), and generally comic book powered characters against someone who is not (player).

But, reading into how Kojima said more than once a certain MGS game is the last one, I think maybe he got tired of making MG games. Yet maybe Konami kept pushing him into doing one. So my guess is he just said enough of milking out the same characters over and over, among other company political things probably.

I am really curious where he goes after this. I feel he is big enough to get a publisher behind him, and if not, self fund something. It will be fun to see what he does away from the pressure of an A level game or whatever. And it does seem with Konami stripping the promo materials of his name, they do in fact own the franchise.
---

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #893 on: March 21, 2015, 03:32:22 AM »
Gabe tells some cryptic and hard facts about a possible Half Life sequel:

While navigating the minefield that is Half-Life 3, while never actually mentioning it by name, Newell offered what might sound either like hope for more Half-Life or a gentle warning that it might never actually happen, depending on how you read it.

"The only reason we'd go back and do like a super classic kind of product is if a whole bunch of people just internally at Valve said they wanted to do it and had a reasonable explanation for why [they did]," he said.

"But you know if you want to do another Half-Life game and you want to ignore everything we've learned in shipping Portal 2 and in shipping all the updates on the multiplayer side, that seems like a bad choice. So we'll keep moving forward. But that doesn't necessarily always mean what people are worried that it might mean."

https://www.polygon.com/2015/3/18/8253189/gabe-newell-valve-half-life

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #894 on: March 21, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »
Bought Subnautica the other day, really fun and atmospheric game.

Offline adace

« Reply #895 on: March 22, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »
Just picked up Metro Redux on XB1 at Best Buy for $14.99 with the ToysRUs price match!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: March 23, 2015, 08:07:11 AM »
The Kojima news are very sad ones for me cause that means no new Silent Hill.
Konami said they'll go forward with it but it will most likely be another Downpour or SH5 :(
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #897 on: March 23, 2015, 08:28:24 AM »
Bought Civ V yesterday, so addicting and reminds me of when my cousin taught me how to play Civ III

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: March 24, 2015, 10:29:18 AM »
Looks like I'm picking up Bloodborne today. It's from the creators of the Dark Souls games, and it's getting rave reviews as the best PS4 exclusive. Target has a deal where you save $15 by buying the game and a $20 PSN card (good in-store and online).

Offline Cable

« Reply #899 on: March 24, 2015, 06:42:59 PM »
The Kojima news are very sad ones for me cause that means no new Silent Hill.
Konami said they'll go forward with it but it will most likely be another Downpour or SH5 :(

Agreed. Although I never played more than 30 minutes of a SH game because I was too scared, I respect very highly for what the series was with SH1-3. And I thought at least Kojima would help after hearing the last few games have been bad.
---

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #900 on: March 24, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
Last week of school's not going to be as stressful as I thought so I've been playing a fuckton of Civ V and bought CoD Advanced Warfare since it was on sale in the store. It's like a more primitive CoD'ier version of Titanfall.

Offline adace

« Reply #901 on: March 25, 2015, 04:07:23 AM »
Just finished Resident Evil Revelations 2. Gameplay-wise it's pretty much a standard RE game, but the island setting, story, and character development definitely help make it unique in the series. Overall it's a great game. Better than Revelations 1 and RE 5 but not quite as good as RE 4 or RE 6.

In other news, I'm so excited to be getting my PS4 later today!!! Just ordered The Last of Us Remastered and Infamous Second Son to celebrate.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #902 on: March 25, 2015, 07:32:56 PM »
Are you saying RE 6 was anywhere good? I'm just curious - never played, but only read strong criticisms against it.

On the other hand, I've been playing a shit ton of Fallout 3 on PS3 this monts, after buying it in a bargain in the UK. Sadly, I reached the end, and I can't continue! It looks like either I need an add-on or getting the GOTY edition :\.  But I continued with a previous save. I guess I'll just have to ask a friend that's still in England to get me that edition, or somehow hack my account so I can access the UK PSN and buy the add-on.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #903 on: March 25, 2015, 07:55:53 PM »
Yes, sadly the original Fallout 3 had that issue, it was "fixed" with the Broken Steel DLC.

If you loved the game you should definitely play Broken Steel and Point Lookout. Add Mothership Zeta also if you want a funny one.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #904 on: March 25, 2015, 08:03:41 PM »
Are you saying RE 6 was anywhere good? I'm just curious - never played, but only read strong criticisms against it.
A lot of people didn't like the story (me included at times) but MAN that game played very well.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: March 25, 2015, 08:07:04 PM »
Oh yeah, I just love it to pieces - wonder why I never finished it years ago. So I'd better get the GOTY, or somehow connect with the UK PSN so I can buy the DLCs (it doesn't allow me otherwise).

A lot of people didn't like the story (me included at times) but MAN that game played very well.
That's great then! It's not like I replayed RE4 endless time for the story now that I think it :lol .

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #906 on: March 26, 2015, 09:41:21 PM »
Anyone else play Life Is Strange yet? I'm loving it and look forward to the episodes each month.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: March 26, 2015, 11:02:38 PM »
So today I installed Planescape: Torment on my PC (ok, a chinese Asus netbook - until I can afford a gaming computer), and was surprised it ran smoothly, at a high framerate - this crap has problems loading Flash, and YouTube videos are slow :lol . Anyways, I playes for a few hours, but when I realised you can interact with every NPC, and ask them lots of questions... I still haven't finished the first room. It's a huge one though, but this game is fairly interesting.

Got an amazing Steam bundle for just $2, with Tropico 4, System Shock 2 (!), To the Moon, and other stuff I don't know. And another one with the Hacker Evolution series for $3. I've always wanted to play the ones I mentioned, and I can't believe this little crap runs them. It's gonna be an epic weekend.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #908 on: March 26, 2015, 11:21:48 PM »
yeah bundlestars must've gone completely insane with a bundle like that for $2, haha
unfortunately nothing in there that I want that I don't already have, but such is life  :lol

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #909 on: April 01, 2015, 10:39:16 PM »
Looks like I'm picking up Bloodborne today. It's from the creators of the Dark Souls games, and it's getting rave reviews as the best PS4 exclusive. Target has a deal where you save $15 by buying the game and a $20 PSN card (good in-store and online).

What do you think of it so far? I just picked it up last Saturday and I'm having a blast with it. It definitely requires a lot of patience because the boss fights are pretty brutal, but once you figure out the patterns they become a lot easier. I'm doing my best to stay away from any tips/hints during my first play through, so I've died quite a few times so far  :lol