Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479246 times)

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #735 on: January 21, 2015, 06:35:41 PM »
After searching on-and-off for over a decade, I am now the proud owner of Final Fantasy VII on the PS1. Only cost me $35 too! I'm currently laughing like a maniac. :tup
Cool! Are they usually expensive? I've had my copy since the day it was released (or at least about a year after it was released).

Generally speaking, FF7 seems to be relatively pricey. I'd never seen it for sale as low as $35 before personally, at least. About to play it right now.
I sold my copy a year ago for $20. That's what it was averaging on Ebay at the time.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #736 on: January 21, 2015, 07:12:41 PM »
Bought Resident Evil on PS4. It's a lot of fun to revisit and it looks really great! I was mad though that they dropped the music in the dining room. That was intense music
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #737 on: January 22, 2015, 03:03:33 AM »
I'm surprised that original copies of FFVII are still selling for quite a lot, given that it's now available on Steam and PS4. There's plenty of opportunity for people to play it.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #738 on: January 22, 2015, 04:47:33 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #739 on: January 22, 2015, 04:54:44 AM »
I'm surprised that original copies of FFVII are still selling for quite a lot, given that it's now available on Steam and PS4. There's plenty of opportunity for people to play it.

That's a fair point, but for me, there's something to be said about owning a physical copy. Plus I don't own a PS4 (yet), so it kinda had to be the original PS1 version.

After searching on-and-off for over a decade, I am now the proud owner of Final Fantasy VII on the PS1. Only cost me $35 too! I'm currently laughing like a maniac. :tup
Cool! Are they usually expensive? I've had my copy since the day it was released (or at least about a year after it was released).

Generally speaking, FF7 seems to be relatively pricey. I'd never seen it for sale as low as $35 before personally, at least. About to play it right now.
I sold my copy a year ago for $20. That's what it was averaging on Ebay at the time.

Huh. Honestly, I normally don't look at Ebay anyway, so there you go.

I will say though that I'm personally satisfied with what I got and for the price I got it for. I'd personally never seen it for sale at that low a price before myself and it's in surprisingly great condition for being roughly seventeen-to-eighteen years old. Just a few scratch marks on the case and some visual aging on the manual. All things considered, I'm a happy customer.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #740 on: January 22, 2015, 06:59:06 AM »
There's a loooooooot of games that are hugely expensive to get a physical copy of, even though it might cost a fraction of that to download from somewhere else. It's a real shame too for collectors like me. :(
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #741 on: January 22, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »

I'm just keeping my Gamecube for Resident Evil 4 which I have - some Zelda games and Twilight Princess - which I can't find for a decent price under £50 it seems.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #742 on: January 22, 2015, 08:15:25 PM »

I'm just keeping my Gamecube for Resident Evil 4 which I have - some Zelda games and Twilight Princess - which I can't find for a decent price under £50 it seems.

When I bought Twilight Princess a while back now, I couldn't find it in Australia for under $100. But I always buy my games from the UK, because it's cheaper and we're the same region. I managed to score it for about $75, which was cheap.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #743 on: January 23, 2015, 05:06:56 AM »
I know some people get wet over Majora's Mask but I thought Twilight Princess was better. I even enjoyed it more than Ocarina Of Time.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #744 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:41 AM »
Twilight Princess is easily my second favourite Zelda game, behind Ocarina of Time. I have never been able to get into Majora's Mask despite numerous attempts.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #745 on: January 23, 2015, 05:37:40 AM »
I found Twilight Princess to be a bit too easy and kind of old hat compared to some of the other games. When I lost a save file due to the Sky Cannon room bug and I was able to get back to that point in only 6 hours from resetting I felt that the game lacked any sort of real challenge. Also they screwed up Zant's character so bad by the time you fought him.

Offline adace

« Reply #746 on: January 28, 2015, 01:13:12 PM »
Just finished Bayonetta 2 for the first time. This game blew me away even more than its predecessor. It's pretty much the definition of badass.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #747 on: February 02, 2015, 08:15:17 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #748 on: February 02, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »
Sry for double post but I just saw this nice showcase/trailer for the one game I logged the most hours in ever. I keep coming back to this game because I constanly get reminded that there's nothing like Arma out there, not even close to it.

https://youtu.be/kwxFrvE0bI4

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #749 on: February 04, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »
It's been a while since I've played Battlefront II.

Listen! Do you smell something?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #750 on: February 05, 2015, 12:43:51 AM »
Hey if you enjoyed Op. Flashpoint: DR you should definitly check out Arma 3 which is made by the folks of the original Op. Flashpoint series before codemaster took over it.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #751 on: February 05, 2015, 01:57:39 AM »
Going by the last time played, i don't think he enjoyed it  :)
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #752 on: February 05, 2015, 01:59:13 AM »
 :lol Just saw that!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #753 on: February 05, 2015, 05:18:06 AM »
lol fantastic

Gave a quick play to Battlefield Hardline Beta last night.  Didn't play enough to form a strong opinion yet, but first impressions were that I liked the feel of it better than Battlefield 4.  Just seemed more fluid when moving around and whatnot, but I'm really starting to see why people said it is more of a DLC than a stand alone game, because it really doesn't seem like anything different.  Graphics are beautiful as expected.  I need to play more before I say this game is worth the full price though.  I was planning on getting it but Im debating now since why spend the money when I still play BF4 a lot.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #754 on: February 05, 2015, 05:36:52 AM »
I found South Park: The Stick of Truth for a good price yesterday so I bought it. I've only just started but it's fantastic. :lol Being able to pick class between Fighter, Mage, Thief and Jew is just amazing. :rollin
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #755 on: February 05, 2015, 05:42:50 AM »
I found South Park: The Stick of Truth for a good price yesterday so I bought it. I've only just started but it's fantastic. :lol Being able to pick class between Fighter, Mage, Thief and Jew is just amazing. :rollin

hmm, I was waiting for this game to take a significant price drop.  It got good reviews plus Im a big SP fan.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #756 on: February 07, 2015, 06:06:18 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of that sort of game style, but it is well done, and if you are even somewhat of a SP fan it is a must play.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #757 on: February 07, 2015, 07:48:46 AM »
The Stick of Truth is tons of fun... except for Al Gore. Fuck that battle!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #758 on: February 07, 2015, 07:56:51 PM »
Coincidence. I actually picked up The Stick Of Truth a few days ago as well when I saw it was finally half price.  :lol After all those delays over the years and then waiting basically another year for a price drop, I'm soooo ready to finally play this.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #759 on: February 08, 2015, 09:43:32 PM »
NEED ADVICE!!

My Wii U game pad's acting up and I wanna get it serviced as it's under warranty. I know how to wipe the browser history clean and stuff like that but would y'all feel completely safe letting a stranger have access to a device you'd used almost every day to do online banking, email, facebook, etc?

Basically, do y'all trust that the regular browser/cache erasing procedures do so in a manner to where no one can access your personal info like logins, passwords, PINs, etc?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #760 on: February 09, 2015, 12:29:15 AM »
Never played Republic Commando before, but I got it as part of the Humble Bundle. Modded it to play and my resolution and I'm having a blast.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #761 on: February 09, 2015, 07:39:22 AM »
NEED ADVICE!!

My Wii U game pad's acting up and I wanna get it serviced as it's under warranty. I know how to wipe the browser history clean and stuff like that but would y'all feel completely safe letting a stranger have access to a device you'd used almost every day to do online banking, email, facebook, etc?

Basically, do y'all trust that the regular browser/cache erasing procedures do so in a manner to where no one can access your personal info like logins, passwords, PINs, etc?

Im not familiar at all with the Wii U game pad, but are your passwords saved on the device, like do you need to login when you access your bank info?  If so then id feel safe because they wont know your password, but if everything is set to auto login, I could see some concern.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #762 on: February 09, 2015, 08:48:32 AM »
The history/cache clearing thing removes auto-saved passwords. I just wanna be sure there's no lingerig means for someone to hack any of my accounts.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #763 on: February 09, 2015, 08:53:22 AM »
The history/cache clearing thing removes auto-saved passwords. I just wanna be sure there's no lingerig means for someone to hack any of my accounts.
*Opens up your Facebook page due to auto-saved password*
"Hahahaha, Josh has been hacked by Nintendo #MasterHacker"

• DT.net Member
« Reply #764 on: February 09, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »
black_floyd and 17 others like this.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #765 on: February 10, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #766 on: February 10, 2015, 02:47:39 PM »
Yea that would be sweet!! I'm so ready for a new Fallout game at this point.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #767 on: February 11, 2015, 05:22:19 PM »
I just finished playing Assassins Creed Rogue. My only complaints are that the story was too short and the ending was super anti-climatic. Otherwise, decent addition to the series. The best Assassins Creed games that I've played are Black Flag and Brotherhood. I need a PS4 so I can play Unity. Anyone played that one? How does it fare compared to Rogue?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #768 on: February 11, 2015, 05:32:58 PM »
After throwing my hands up in disgust with how the story and some gameplay elements went in 3, I skipped a few releases.

Picked up Unity, and it became the first game I ever returned same week.

Beautiful game of course, but the movement and mechanics gets worse it seems with every damned AC game. I don't know how that is. The cherry on top was when it became the first game/anything to fully freeze my PS4.

Not saying it's a bad game, but AC is very large and immersive, and I like to play through it a lot, and to do that I need to be happy with those basic things.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #769 on: February 11, 2015, 11:10:26 PM »
After throwing my hands up in disgust with how the story and some gameplay elements went in 3, I skipped a few releases.

Picked up Unity, and it became the first game I ever returned same week.

Beautiful game of course, but the movement and mechanics gets worse it seems with every damned AC game. I don't know how that is. The cherry on top was when it became the first game/anything to fully freeze my PS4.

Not saying it's a bad game, but AC is very large and immersive, and I like to play through it a lot, and to do that I need to be happy with those basic things.

I hear you, and actually you nailed what I didn't enjoy about AC III