Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479202 times)

Offline Rattlehead

Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #700 on: January 01, 2015, 09:50:12 AM »
I picked up Suikoden I & II from the Playstation Store last week, having only heard great things about them (particularly the 2nd) and went into them blind. I'm about 6 hours into the first game, and I can't put it down! I highly recommend them if you're a fan of JRPG's at all.

I've been on a JRPG kick lately myself, just got done playing through Breath of Fire 4 on my Vita. Excellent game with a beautiful soundtrack; it's worth checking out if you haven't played this series  :tup (Although it's a shame BoF3 isn't on the PS store). Right now I am playing through Chrono Cross again… I'll have to check out Suikoden I & II once I'm done playing CC. I've heard great things about them but I've never played them.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #701 on: January 01, 2015, 10:02:14 AM »
In order of anticipation:

Resident Evil (REmake PC upgrade)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (AND NEW 3DS FINALLY)
Persona 5
Majora's Mask 3D
Doom
Final Fantasy XV
Metal Gear Solid V
GTAV PC
Arkham City

Yes, most of my top anticipated games are remakes. Fuck off.  :lol I am fucking OFFICIALLY the aging gamer that thinks knows the best is behind me. At the very least I'm hoping that P5, Doom, and MGSV are amazing, FFXV I'm expecting to either flop or be less than expected, and I pretty much know what I'm gonna get with Arkham. Thus, I am left with my precious remnants in HD. Which I am totally cool with cause REmake is amazing as is MM3D and GTAV is just gonna be an amazingly fun way to blow off some steam and time.

Oh god, my memories with BoFIV are so amazing. One of the first handful of JRPGs that really threw me down the rabbit hole of RPG-gaming in general and mainly built the Japanophile I am now. BEAUTIFUL game and still has some of the greatest, most colorful artwork I've seen in a game. Really wonderful game and it's got some awesome fights.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #702 on: January 02, 2015, 01:34:35 AM »
I am having so much frakkin' fun with Ground Zeroes (basically MGSV demo). I've heard it's super short but I just got it for 13 bucks and I seriously doubt I'll be hauling ass through it; on the contrary, in fact. I'm playing it on hard thus far and it's pretty difficult, but still very fun and espionage based just how I remember the series. Funny enough, this port looks far superior, plays immensely better, and has more options than most recent PC games, port or not, I've played. Kojima knows what the fuck is up. Comments on Steam reflect that, and it's one of the only recent games I've seen that isn't plagued with the usual bullshit. It's super sad that my baby behemoth can't even strut her stuff because developers suck a big fat dick and are lazy.

One thing though... I WANT MY MOTHERFUCKING HAYTER BACK. I've been a frothing-at-the-mouth fan since Metal Gear on the NES and since MGS on PS, I've loved Hayter. That raspy voice that sounds like he's been smoking since he was 12, that sound of desperation and depression, yet strength and viciousness...it was perfect. Why the ever-loving fuck they didn't call him back for this is beyond me...till I remembered that Kojima is kind of a drama queen at times and probably wanted the star power of Sutherland. Well, fuck Sutherland. Fuck 24, this ain't 24. I notice it every time he speaks and I am completely sure that by the time the actual MGSV comes out I won't care, but thus far I'm having to insert Hayter's voice every time he speaks cause I just don't buy it. He doesn't have what it takes. If they were gonna replace him around MGS2, sure, by now it'd be cemented. But 5? Really? Meh. Minor complaint, and not really one, I just miss my raspy, hairy-testicle-d, cigarette faded Hayter voice, god fuckin' damn it.

RIP DTP.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #703 on: January 02, 2015, 07:24:10 AM »
I must say i've really enjoyed Wolfenstein: The New Order so far, more than I expected. Wing Commander and Wolfenstein 3D was my first PC games 20 years ago so i've formed a special relationship with those franchises. The new Wolfenstein is both fun and interesting, yes it's pretty linear but I like the story, gameplay and the humor. The hidden W3D mini game was awesome, lots of nostalgia!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #704 on: January 02, 2015, 08:30:05 AM »
I need Persona 5 in my life so badly.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #705 on: January 02, 2015, 09:46:12 AM »
I must say i've really enjoyed Wolfenstein: The New Order so far, more than I expected. Wing Commander and Wolfenstein 3D was my first PC games 20 years ago so i've formed a special relationship with those franchises. The new Wolfenstein is both fun and interesting, yes it's pretty linear but I like the story, gameplay and the humor. The hidden W3D mini game was awesome, lots of nostalgia!

I really enjoyed it too. I don't think I'll replay it again but I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would as well. That said.... NEW DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

I need Persona 5 in my life so badly.

Also this. Verily.

RIP DTP.

Online Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #706 on: January 02, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »
Just finished this the other day, I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I did! The only sad part was that (end boss spoiler) there was not robo-Hitler end-boss:'(
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #707 on: January 02, 2015, 10:19:04 AM »
I actually just got The Ico Collection for the PS3 and Final Fantasy IV for my PSP. First time I've gotten "new" video games in awhile, so I should be in for some fun times. :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #708 on: January 02, 2015, 12:01:11 PM »
Took a break from my Zelda marathon and resumed a Mass Effect 2 saved game from about a year ago. Easily my favorite game of all time.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #709 on: January 02, 2015, 02:51:49 PM »
Just finished this the other day, I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I did! The only sad part was that (end boss spoiler) there was not robo-Hitler end-boss:'(
Finished the campaign 10 mins ago and yea no Robo-Hitler which to be honest wasn't that big of a surprise.  :lol It felt like a sequel is bound to happen seeing Frau Engel is still alive.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
« Reply #710 on: January 11, 2015, 01:22:39 AM »
I picked up the Nintendo Wii U on Friday and man, what an awesome console!  :metal (As a late christmas present from my mom)

I think I'm going to play it more than my PS4 (Until Batman Arkham Knight comes out lol).. but I love the gamepad feature  :biggrin: As a kid I used to play with Nintendo products more and this brings me back so many nostalgic moment.

I also went to my local gamestop (EB Games here in Canada) and I picked up:

Batman Arkham City Armorded Edition
Batman Arkham Origin
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Blacklist
Lego Marvel Superhero

on the eShop I'm planning to buy:
Child of Light.

Woot!! :)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #711 on: January 11, 2015, 02:02:08 AM »
You have Ninstalgia, bought 5 games, and none were Super Mario 3D World, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, or Wind Waker HD?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #712 on: January 11, 2015, 03:05:59 AM »
You have Ninstalgia, bought 5 games, and none were Super Mario 3D World, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 or Smash Bros.?

FTFY
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #713 on: January 11, 2015, 06:39:42 AM »
Gamer nerd gets sweet revenge against trash-talking bully

Hilarious, watch to the end.  :lol

Here's the whole match with epic trash talk, you can skip parts if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6dfof5B0Q
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:50:39 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #714 on: January 11, 2015, 09:47:08 AM »
I picked up Suikoden I & II from the Playstation Store last week, having only heard great things about them (particularly the 2nd) and went into them blind. I'm about 6 hours into the first game, and I can't put it down! I highly recommend them if you're a fan of JRPG's at all.

I've been on a JRPG kick lately myself, just got done playing through Breath of Fire 4 on my Vita. Excellent game with a beautiful soundtrack; it's worth checking out if you haven't played this series  :tup (Although it's a shame BoF3 isn't on the PS store). Right now I am playing through Chrono Cross again… I'll have to check out Suikoden I & II once I'm done playing CC. I've heard great things about them but I've never played them.

Very nice, I'll have to check BoF4 out, thanks!

I finished Suikoden I (really good, took about 22 hours). Only about 4 hours into the sequel and already been gut-punched with the story a couple times. I can already see how this game has made such passionate fans!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #715 on: January 11, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »
Gamer nerd gets sweet revenge against trash-talking bully

Hilarious, watch to the end.  :lol

Here's the whole match with epic trash talk, you can skip parts if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH6dfof5B0Q

All he did was run his mouth because he felt secure that someone would intervene if the big dude decided to shut him up the quick way. Even as he was trying to talk shit he was shaking in his boots.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #716 on: January 11, 2015, 03:41:59 PM »
Yea so? The guy with his big mouth lost the game and the white dude saw his chance for some revenge talk, that's all.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #717 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »
For all we know they both may have been assholes to each other before this meeting. I just meant the focal point of that clip, the "Nerd gets the last word" angle, is just kinda shoddy because it's:

1. Him doing something he clearly wouldn't have the balls to do in an unprotected environment.

2. Even with that coddling, he seems scared to even be saying what he's saying.

I'm not trying to break your balls, I just think he's an idiot and the other guy probably is too.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #718 on: January 11, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »
The black dude had been trash talking the nerd on twitter month before and when he finnally got the chance to play with him he lost big time so the nerd saw his chance for some payback. Balls? Unprotected area? We're talking about trash talk within gaming, you clearly think more of them!  :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: January 11, 2015, 08:29:29 PM »
Got into Portal 2 for the first time last night, I had bought it a while back but was reluctant to play it since I don't play first person but all the raving about how cool this game is persuaded me and just a couple hours of playing last night convinced me it's well deserved raving.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #720 on: January 11, 2015, 08:38:51 PM »
Portal and GLaDOS are more than deserving of every praise they get!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #721 on: January 11, 2015, 10:29:37 PM »
Portal and GLaDOS are more than deserving of every praise they get!

Or just Valve in general
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #722 on: January 12, 2015, 02:14:21 AM »

Very nice, I'll have to check BoF4 out, thanks!

I finished Suikoden I (really good, took about 22 hours). Only about 4 hours into the sequel and already been gut-punched with the story a couple times. I can already see how this game has made such passionate fans!
Omg, I love these games! I really wish the originals weren't so damn rare and expensive, I'd love to get my hands on a physical copy.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #723 on: January 17, 2015, 08:40:46 AM »
I love teaser trailers for games you're really exited for, i'm mostly talking about the teasers that comes along an announcement of a certain game but ordinary trailers works to. There's nothing better than to see a game you're longed for being finally announced.

So what's your favourite trailers past or present?

Old trailers:
Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer (War.......war never changes! Ron Perlman is the man!)
Bioshock Teaser Trailer (So many questions and excitment for what that game would be, it's still one of the most profound experiences i've had in a game)
Skyrim Teaser (Yeaahh)
Skyrim Gameplay Trailer (So damn epic and it still is!)
Portal Teaser Trailer (Brilliant concept that intrigued me alot. The game delivered and the sequel even more)
Half Life 2 Teaser (Half Life is with out a doubt the best story driven FPS i've ever played so that teaser made alot of impact back in the day)

New trailers:

Star Citizen - Overview (Words cannot described how hyped I am for this game but I have my fair share of worries also)
Imagine: Star Citizen (Just a fan edited trailer but it's pretty damn cool. Everything you see is either actual gameplay or in-engine shots of how far things have progressed since the previous trailer)
Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer (Very intrigued by the concept and visuals)

• DT.net Member
« Reply #724 on: January 17, 2015, 12:29:44 PM »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #725 on: January 17, 2015, 01:28:28 PM »
That Skyrim song is still so motherfucking epic!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #726 on: January 19, 2015, 01:36:15 AM »
Anyone played Planetary Annihilation? Seen some videos and it looks interesting.

That Skyrim song is still so motherfucking epic!
Yea!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #727 on: January 19, 2015, 06:57:11 PM »
Hitting up the old Zelda GB games on 3DS Virtual Console. Just finished Link's Awakening and it still holds up. Working through Oracle of Ages now.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #728 on: January 19, 2015, 07:44:34 PM »
Hitting up the old Zelda GB games on 3DS Virtual Console. Just finished Link's Awakening and it still holds up. Working through Oracle of Ages now.
I was doing that a few weeks ago myself. I made it through Link's Awakening but got bored after the third or fourth dungeon in Seasons, and haven't gone back to it yet.

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #729 on: January 21, 2015, 12:20:26 PM »
After searching on-and-off for over a decade, I am now the proud owner of Final Fantasy VII on the PS1. Only cost me $35 too! I'm currently laughing like a maniac. :tup
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: January 21, 2015, 02:00:01 PM »
After searching on-and-off for over a decade, I am now the proud owner of Final Fantasy VII on the PS1. Only cost me $35 too! I'm currently laughing like a maniac. :tup

:metal I want to get it for my PS4 plus FFX HD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #731 on: January 21, 2015, 02:02:39 PM »

Awesome, its my favorite game ever made.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #732 on: January 21, 2015, 02:05:56 PM »

Awesome, its the greatest game ever made.

FIXED :hat

Online Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #733 on: January 21, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
Cool! Are they usually expensive? I've had my copy since the day it was released (or at least about a year after it was released).

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #734 on: January 21, 2015, 03:09:28 PM »
Cool! Are they usually expensive? I've had my copy since the day it was released (or at least about a year after it was released).

Generally speaking, FF7 seems to be relatively pricey. I'd never seen it for sale as low as $35 before personally, at least. About to play it right now.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea