Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481787 times)

Offline adace

Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #630 on: December 18, 2014, 04:26:25 PM »
Got a Wii U for Chanukah. Super Mario Land 3D and Nintendo Land are both awesome. The PS4 and Xbone may have better graphics and performance, but the Wii U beats them handily in terms of sheer creativity and fun.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #631 on: December 18, 2014, 04:40:18 PM »
Got a Wii U for Chanukah. Super Mario Land 3D and Nintendo Land are both awesome. The PS4 and Xbone may have better graphics and performance, but the Wii U beats them handily in terms of sheer creativity and fun.

Absolutely! Got a Wii U basic on launch day and just upgraded to that same bundle, with the intention of upgrading... plus reboxing the basic set, and giving it to friends that don't have a lot of money to buy gifts for their 6 year old son.

I'm not a hardcore gamer.... but I've always been loyal to Nintendo. They've always been about creativity and fun. Enjoy!

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #632 on: December 18, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »
I want a Wii U just for Mario Maker.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #633 on: December 18, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »
Wewt! Just got my import of Biohazard (A.K.A. Resident Evil) Remake HD for the PS3. Now THIS is a treatment this game deserved all along! Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to sink some hours into it this weekend!
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #634 on: December 19, 2014, 06:21:48 AM »
Seems like Notch is Livin' la Vida Loca:

https://kotaku.com/minecrafts-creator-buy-the-most-expensive-house-in-beve-1672978154
https://vimeo.com/102897742

In case you needed a material transaction to illustrate just how much money Markus Persson, aka Notch, has having sold Mojang (and Minecraft) to Microsoft, take a look at this: the dude just paid $70 million (and maybe beat out Beyonce & Jay-Z) to buy the most expensive house in Beverly Hills.
That will ceartinly cause some itch in the minecraft community.  :lol

Love his twitter post!  :lol
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:28:47 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #635 on: December 19, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »
I mean, why not? Microsoft's never going to get their money back on the game, he probably feels like he got away with murder on that one. Let him spend what he wants  :lol
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #636 on: December 19, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
Yep! Good on him!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #637 on: December 19, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »
It's time.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #638 on: December 19, 2014, 08:45:49 PM »
Not again. I have other things to pay for :( .

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #639 on: December 19, 2014, 08:49:44 PM »
to be fair the sales aren't particularly good thus far
all the default sales especially

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #640 on: December 25, 2014, 07:52:58 AM »
Recieved a 3DS today, and I will be going to Gamestop tomorrow to pick up Smash 4 and one of the Pokemon R/S remakes. Between these two, I should be occupied for a long time.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #641 on: December 25, 2014, 10:43:28 AM »
I'm pretty fuckin jelly. I've wanted a 3DS for a long time and have passed up two opportunities to get the XL for $150 in the last month (the first time, it even came with New Super Mario Bros. 2 preloaded on it) but I'm forcing myself to hold out for the new model when it's released in America in 2018.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #642 on: December 25, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »
 :lol Man, I hope we get it soon. I have an XL but I'm still gonna get the NXL because FUCKING XENOBLADE. Plus the new 3D is gonna look amazing on a lot of games, especially Mario, Zelda (MAJORAAAAAAAAAAAAA) and my precious Persona. Gonna be nice to have that 3D even when I'm twitching and shit. Cause cocaine. You know. Cool kids and all that. Wut?

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #643 on: December 25, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »
So apparently both PSN and Xbox live are down and some stupid hacker group called Lizard squad are taking responsibility. Just a big facepalm but this is pretty hilarious to view though:

https://youtu.be/s-vwIn1atgg

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #644 on: December 25, 2014, 03:36:43 PM »
Fucking boredom has ruled the world. God damn.

RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #645 on: December 25, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »
So apparently both PSN and Xbox live are down and some stupid hacker group called Lizard squad are taking responsibility. Just a big facepalm but this is pretty hilarious to view though:

https://youtu.be/s-vwIn1atgg

They did that a few weeks ago too. I was watching Netflix this morning when it went down. I figured it was the influx of new owners all trying to register/login at the same time. It really pisses me off because while it sucks that I can't use PSN, which I pay $50 a year for, I also can't use the other services I pay for like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. Total bullshit. I shouldn't need to be logged into the PSN to use those services.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #646 on: December 25, 2014, 09:39:58 PM »
This shit pisses me the fuck off. Why do these people act like complete asshats and waste their skills in hacking on fucking over everyone else?
Can't even log in to my profile, fucking cunts.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #647 on: December 26, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »
And BF4 servers (EA) are down again! The same for Xbox live and PSN?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #648 on: December 26, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »
Damn, that sucks... Yeah, people are cunts. Especially hackers.

So despite the fact that I'll probably never finish Shadow of Mordor, god is it fun to lay waste to an army of orcs with a bunch of their own comrades, garradors, and graugs and then after the last one falls he just casually slides his sword back into its sheath like, 'all in a days work!'. Bwaha!

RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #649 on: December 26, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »
Xbox Live is working fine for me *knocks on wood*. Let my brother watch a movie on Netflix and I'm downloading Sunset Overdrive.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #650 on: December 26, 2014, 11:29:11 AM »
Yea it seems to be isolated to EA or origin this time. Have some free time during the holidays and of course you can't play because of shit like this.... :(

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #651 on: December 26, 2014, 11:31:01 AM »
Yeah, that really sucks :(
I was so mad last night not being able to really play anything. Really glad they got it back up though, todays daily deal on the Xbox Marketplace is Sunset Overdrive 50% off which I was going to buy full price as my next game but now I get a little bit of extra Christmas radularness  :laugh:

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #652 on: December 26, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
There's some insane DDosing from China towards the US:

https://map.ipviking.com/

Every minute or so you get huge lag and insane amount of attacks from what appears to be China.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #653 on: December 26, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »
It takes a special sort of cunt to pull this kind of shit. Can't imagine how many parents felt like shit because they couldn't get anything to work and don't know what's happening as their kid's gift is seemingly ruined.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #654 on: December 26, 2014, 11:49:21 AM »
Ugh, I was really looking forward to playing BF4 today

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #655 on: December 26, 2014, 11:56:25 AM »
Ugh, I was really looking forward to playing BF4 today
Yea me too... :sadpanda:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #656 on: December 26, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
Hey guys, I'm looking for some set of gaming headphones with microphones. They're for my brother, who plays lot of FPS online. Do you have any ideas on a good pair?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #657 on: December 26, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
I can only recommend headsets I used so for me Sennheiser PC 360 Game have worked great so far. The sound is clear and full and they're comfortable to wear. This specific model may be old so try find a newer one. They're pretty expensive though but worth it imo.

Edit: Yay battlelog is up!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:35:34 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #658 on: December 26, 2014, 08:16:37 PM »
Xbox Live core services are going haywire again. Explains why Sunset Overdrive took like 3 hours to install today and why I can't even get xbox video to work. Was going to watch The Interview with my dad and brother, but now we're just waiting for the DDoS attacks to stop. Could rent it again elsewhere, but I already spent $6 and don't intend on spending more.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #659 on: December 26, 2014, 08:27:52 PM »
I tend to focus on 1 or 2 games at a time, but hot damn, some of my friends/clan mates really need to relax and find other games for the time being. Hackers blow, outage sucks, but I swear they are hardcore addicted to Destiny and AW multi. I'm enjoying my continued revisit to Skyrim, and, as the last several months, the occasional Beyond Earth.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #660 on: December 26, 2014, 08:30:07 PM »
I tend to focus on 1 or 2 games at a time, but hot damn, some of my friends/clan mates really need to relax and find other games for the time being. Hackers blow, outage sucks, but I swear they are hardcore addicted to Destiny and AW multi. I'm enjoying my continued revisit to Skyrim, and, as the last several months, the occasional Beyond Earth.
God forbid people want to play the games they got for Christmas right?
It took like 3 hours to install Sunset Overdrive because of these dilweeds, and now it's impossible to play it.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #661 on: December 26, 2014, 08:54:01 PM »
Like I said, I understand it's frustrating, but you need to play other games or do something else until it's fixed. Endlessly complaining about it and keeping yourself focused on it is only going to make it worse. I really want to play Destiny, I can't, and so I'm playing other stuff for now.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #662 on: December 26, 2014, 08:55:43 PM »
I am doing other things, but it ruined the night for my dad, brother and I. We chose to do some Xbox One'ing instead of doing a fire pit which we're doing tomorrow now, and shit hit the fan. Now my brother's in bed, my dad's about to go to bed, and I'm left with probably going to bed myself and doing jackshit. All because a group of fucks want some attention before their sad, pathetic lives end without a bang.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #663 on: December 27, 2014, 08:30:15 AM »
And it's down again!!! The fuck is going on?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #664 on: December 27, 2014, 09:16:32 AM »
While I wait for PSN to be up and running - I can write music, go for walks etc. The Crew will still be waiting for me when all is well.