Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479393 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #560 on: December 06, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
The only FF game I've played was 12 and I absolutely loved the battle system since it was more action adventure oriented instead of traditional RPG oriented, I bought 7 on steam but haven't played it yet.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #561 on: December 06, 2014, 06:39:38 PM »
I was lucky since 7 was the first FF game I played. After 7 I didn't get that same level of wow until 10. I spent more time playing Blitz ball than the actual game :P

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #562 on: December 06, 2014, 07:40:49 PM »
First Time I played VII was when I around 9 years old and my head pretty much exploded. To this day, I've never had my jaw on the floor more than with that game in the first 5 mins.

The only thing to come close was the very first time I played GTA III. I don't think I got up from in front of the TV for like 12 hours. Good times.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #563 on: December 06, 2014, 08:04:14 PM »
The only FF game I've played was 12 and I absolutely loved the battle system since it was more action adventure oriented instead of traditional RPG oriented, I bought 7 on steam but haven't played it yet.

12 is amazing in basically every way. Battle system aside, the music is great, and I love the more politically oriented plot present in the game. It really makes you think more.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #564 on: December 06, 2014, 08:22:47 PM »
PM me your username TGP, I'll add you.

And I've spent like 80 hours on Fire Emblem. Well worth it. I hear you though, not much used for those big RPG games. I guess the people buying them know that they want those games and don't want to sell them.

Well, Fire Emblem was indeed awesome, and I really liked the whole friendship/marriage system they had going.
But there are still a lot of big name RPGs out there where they can either be amazing, or they can be major grind fests, so it's hard to decide what's worth the money and what's not. Some people talk about Bravely Default like it's the new "old" Final Fantasy, like it's a shining gem of an RPG, meanwhile one of my friends refers to it as "Boredly Default", so when it comes to $40, it's difficult to just take that chance.

Can't wait for FF7 .

Port or not - it's one of the reasons I wanted a PS4 - so I could play that game again without worrying about scratched discs.
You don't have a PS3 I'm guessing?

Truth ! I loved 6 through 10 but that's where my love of FF died. However - Advent Children was a fantastic movie - even if it was 100% fan service. It was so entertaining.

Advent Children was beautiful, and the action scenes were cool, but I still hated what they did with Cloud's character, turning him all depressed. He was never like that. Even Squall wasn't that bad.  :lol

The only thing to come close was the very first time I played GTA III. I don't think I got up from in front of the TV for like 12 hours. Good times.

Hahah, yeah I remember when it came out. I had a big screen projection TV back then, so after playing it all day long for a week straight, the HUD was burned onto the screen, and you could see it very clearly when watching cartoons or anything that showed one solid color. I thought I permanently ruined my TV, but luckily it went away after a while.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #565 on: December 06, 2014, 08:46:55 PM »
Can anyone in the US get decent connection for Smash Bros? All I've been playing are peeps from japan, or overseas. Pissing me off.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline adace

« Reply #566 on: December 06, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »
The new No Man's Sky trailer looks incredible. Crossing my fingers that they'll release it on Xbox one day.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #567 on: December 07, 2014, 04:13:25 AM »
^ ^ ^

No I never had A PS3.

There was a huge gap between me owning a PS2 and a PS4 where I kinda lost interest in gaming.

Offline adace

« Reply #568 on: December 07, 2014, 07:13:02 AM »
Came across a vid for Ori and the Blind Forest. DAT ANIMATION AND ARTWORK :hefdaddy Just gorgeous :'(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2A7h9-Y_yE

« Reply #569 on: December 07, 2014, 09:06:41 AM »
^ ^ ^

No I never had A PS3.

There was a huge gap between me owning a PS2 and a PS4 where I kinda lost interest in gaming.

I see, well, enjoy FF7 then!  ;D

Honestly, though, since getting a PSP, I haven't been able to play PS1 era FF games on anything other than a portable system. Just being able to sit there, watching TV while I'm level grinding or chocobo breeding, or whatever, is pretty sweet.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #570 on: December 07, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »
I really dislike handhelds. And playing FF7 on mobile ? Forget it.

I want to sit in my chair. With a joypad and a TV. Not squinting at a tiny screen for hours.

« Reply #571 on: December 07, 2014, 09:43:20 AM »
I really dislike handhelds. And playing FF7 on mobile ? Forget it.

I want to sit in my chair. With a joypad and a TV. Not squinting at a tiny screen for hours.

Well, that's up to you. While FF7 is by far not the worst case, in general, I find myself less and less willing to spend hours just running around killing enemies on the big screen, when I could be watching something while I do it.
I mean, there are some games that I think are great enough where I'm fully willing to do this, like Persona 3 on PS2, in which case I'll most likely just put on some music and listen to it as I grind... Actually, that's how I got into Dream Theater. I bought a couple of their albums, but I didn't really listen to them too much until I did get Persona 3, then running around through those long dungeons, I just put on DT and let it play, and the crazy instrumental bits did a great job of matching the frantic battles of the game. Before I knew it, I was hooked on the band.  :biggrin:

Offline adace

« Reply #572 on: December 07, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #573 on: December 07, 2014, 02:35:30 PM »
Uncharted 4 sold us on getting a PS4.

And, well, we'll have to get one eventually anyway if we want to play new games.

« Reply #574 on: December 07, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »

And, well, we'll have to get one eventually anyway if we want to play new games.

Us?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #575 on: December 07, 2014, 03:30:58 PM »

Us?

« Reply #576 on: December 07, 2014, 03:33:05 PM »
That's what I figured. That or

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #577 on: December 07, 2014, 08:29:58 PM »
 :lol

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:44:36 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #578 on: December 07, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
so who's got a ps4

« Reply #579 on: December 07, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »
so who's got a ps4

Ooh! Ooh! I do! I do!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #580 on: December 07, 2014, 11:10:01 PM »
Goddamn, Cam! You're bored enough to come over here?

And yes, I've got one too.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:15:03 PM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #581 on: December 08, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
Goddamn, Cam! You're bored enough to come over here?

And yes, I've got one too.

yes. :(

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #582 on: December 08, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »
:o :heart

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #583 on: December 08, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »

Offline adace

« Reply #584 on: December 09, 2014, 03:38:35 AM »
Got my Xbone today!

The bad news is that the installation for AC: Unity is taking FOREVER. Literally, at this rate it could take several days to complete which is absolutely bonkers. I'm doing around 180 kbps which is pathetic. Reddit suggested changing the DNS addresses to make it go faster but that didn't do anything for me. Besides switching to a faster internet plan (my ISP doesn't even give me that option for some reason), I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #585 on: December 09, 2014, 06:29:40 AM »
Got my Xbone today!

The bad news is that the installation for AC: Unity is taking FOREVER. Literally, at this rate it could take several days to complete which is absolutely bonkers. I'm doing around 180 kbps which is pathetic. Reddit suggested changing the DNS addresses to make it go faster but that didn't do anything for me. Besides switching to a faster internet plan (my ISP doesn't even give me that option for some reason), I'm open to any and all suggestions.

It took me a few days after I first powered on my xbone before I was able to play any games.  For me, my internet seemed like it was being really shitty that first day I powered it on and during a system update corrupted the OS and for me to finally stablize the system and allow it to install games and updates at a normal pace, I had to reflash the OS.  I thought that was just an odd thing because my internet took a shit at the same time I turned the xbox on, but maybe its a bigger problem than just that and you have the same issue? 

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #586 on: December 09, 2014, 02:44:26 PM »
Got my Xbone today!

Return it and buy a PS4 :p

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #587 on: December 09, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »
PS Plus is giving the Hitman Trilogy in HD for free. It's time to try this series.

Offline adace

« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »
Problem resolved! I took my system over to a friend who has a much faster internet connection and the whole thing was downloaded in a few hours.

Anyways, AC: Unity is awesome. As much as I liked the whole ship/pirate dynamic of the Black Flag and Rogue, Unity made me realize how much I missed exploring a city in an AC game. The initiation into the Brotherhood was really cool. I don't really like that you have to get upgrade points for a lot of stuff you should already have but it's not the end of the world. As far as glitches go, I've seen only one instance of slowdown and nothing else. I'm also disappointed there aren't any present day Abstergo missions, but overall, this is a great game.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:05:11 PM by adace »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #589 on: December 11, 2014, 02:13:05 PM »
Just Cause 3 screenshots:

https://www.videogamer.com/ps4/just_cause_3/screenshots.html

Hype hype hype!!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #590 on: December 11, 2014, 09:09:42 PM »
Dragon Age is really good

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #591 on: December 11, 2014, 09:16:13 PM »
Dragon Age is really good
According to my roommate who doesn't know how to game, it's terrible.
Aw yiss, cross forum complaining about my roommates

• DT.net Member
« Reply #592 on: December 11, 2014, 09:19:14 PM »
For the 18th time...
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #593 on: December 11, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
For the 18th time...
Only have to survive until April mang. And I've got a few friends down here who will help me survive hahaha

• DT.net Member
« Reply #594 on: December 11, 2014, 09:23:51 PM »
You'll end up killing them too.