Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479352 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #455 on: November 30, 2014, 08:37:47 PM »
Me and pretty much me entire clan has these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00886XQNQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are awesome, and you aren't going to beat that price. Just look for what you might need extra for your system. PS3 they work flawlessly, but for PS4 you need a cord between controller and headphones. Not sure about XBox.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2014, 02:57:40 AM »
Any recommendations for a decent gaming wireless headphones guys?

I use Logitech G930s for my computer and I love them.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #457 on: December 01, 2014, 05:37:56 AM »
Played FC4 for a couple of days now and it's pretty fun. Very similar to FC3 though. It's a bit annoying when you get attacked by various animals during a mission. Your trying to shoot enemies and all of a sudden a hawk tries to rape your face, seconds later a tiger eats on your leg all while your trying to complete the damn mission.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2014, 07:05:27 AM »
I loved FC3, but I'm not really interested in FC4. It looks exactly the same. It looks more like FC3.5.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #459 on: December 01, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »
Familiar gameplay but hardly Far Cry 3.5

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #460 on: December 01, 2014, 07:54:44 AM »

I use these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVBPRUO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I bought them, they had just come out and were $40 cheaper. I have no complaints about them and love the fact that the mic is built in.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: December 01, 2014, 08:29:24 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations fellas, I was hoping there weren't gonna be so many options, I looked at the Sony Pulse and the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4.

Me and pretty much me entire clan has these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00886XQNQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are awesome, and you aren't going to beat that price. Just look for what you might need extra for your system. PS3 they work flawlessly, but for PS4 you need a cord between controller and headphones. Not sure about XBox.

What's "X-Ray"? And what's that black thing that looks like wah pedal?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #462 on: December 01, 2014, 08:42:44 AM »
I have a friend that has two different headsets with the rumble packs in them. I'm not a huge fan. It destroys your battery life too. One thing I'll say about the headset I posted a few posts back, they last me over 8 hours on a charge.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #463 on: December 01, 2014, 09:16:12 AM »
The built in mic is a huge advantage for me since I don't even need the mic so it's better that it wouldn't be in the way.
Is it comfortable enough on your ears on long gaming sessions? Does it get hot or sweaty under there?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #464 on: December 01, 2014, 09:28:45 AM »
The built in mic is a huge advantage for me since I don't even need the mic so it's better that it wouldn't be in the way.
Is it comfortable enough on your ears on long gaming sessions? Does it get hot or sweaty under there?

It's incredibly light to be honest with you. I was really surprised the first time I used them. I fall asleep with them on all the time and don't even realize they are there. I never feel hot or sweaty with them on either. The other nice thing about them is that you can plug an auxiliary cable to them and use them with an MP3 player if you wish.

I highly highly highly recommend those headphones.

1,175 Reviews
5 star: (811)
4 star: (216)
3 star: (77)
2 star: (35)
1 star: (36)

Can't argue with those numbers.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #465 on: December 01, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
Picking it up after work tonight, thanks bud.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #466 on: December 01, 2014, 01:05:30 PM »
Nice. No problem. One word of advice... There is a switch that has the numbers 1 and 2 on it. I thought (I don't read directions) that was so you could designate which pair of headphones was which when playing two player or something... Turns out the number 2 setting is louder/has more bass than the number 1 setting. Use the number 2 setting.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #467 on: December 01, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »
Beat Dragon Age: Inquisition in around 85 hours and I still have a shitton of side quests I have to do!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #468 on: December 02, 2014, 11:20:46 AM »

I use these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVBPRUO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I bought them, they had just come out and were $40 cheaper. I have no complaints about them and love the fact that the mic is built in.

No. No. No.

Don't get me wrong, these are great headphones, I owned them. I loved them, but they are stereo. Easy to use, great sound, but you won't have a clue where people are around you because stereo doesn't work well with full range of direction. If that's not important to you, and you don't foresee yourself playing those types of games, then they are great.

Thanks for the recommendations fellas, I was hoping there weren't gonna be so many options, I looked at the Sony Pulse and the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4.

What's "X-Ray"? And what's that black thing that looks like wah pedal?

X-ray is just that particular brand name. Turtle Beach makes a lot of (and is the biggest name) in gaming headsets. The black thing is the wi-fi box. You use the optical audio port in your gaming device to output to the box, which then sends the sound to the headset via wi-fi.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #469 on: December 02, 2014, 11:26:22 AM »

I use these

No. No. No.

Don't get me wrong, these are great headphones, I owned them. I loved them, but they are stereo. Easy to use, great sound, but you won't have a clue where people are around you because stereo doesn't work well with full range of direction. If that's not important to you, and you don't foresee yourself playing those types of games, then they are great.

Granted I've never played COD's or anything like that with these, but I hear direction all the time. While playing GTA, I can easily tell which direction bullets are coming from (front and back too, not just side to side) or where a moving car is in relation to my character.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:45:02 AM by Chino »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #470 on: December 02, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »
Interesting. Glad you are happy with them, as I said, I was 99% happy with them as a normal headset. But I couldn't tell that sort of stuff very well. Was much improved when I moved up to the X-Ray II.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #471 on: December 02, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »
Beat Dragon Age: Inquisition in around 85 hours and I still have a shitton of side quests I have to do!

I don't even see why you would. I put like 14 hours into it so far, and maybe 3 of them have been story related. So many tedious fetch quests, I'm not even inclined to continue playing it. Maybe I'll just ignore them and see if I can get through the story without too much grinding.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #472 on: December 02, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »

I don't even see why you would. I put like 14 hours into it so far, and maybe 3 of them have been story related. So many tedious fetch quests, I'm not even inclined to continue playing it. Maybe I'll just ignore them and see if I can get through the story without too much grinding.

If you've only hit about 3 story quests, read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2mw0iz/psa_leave_the_fucking_hinterlands/

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #473 on: December 02, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
If you've only hit about 3 story quests, read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2mw0iz/psa_leave_the_fucking_hinterlands/

Well shit, I wish I had read that sooner. Considering that I've already done pretty much all I could in that area, I had no choice but to leave it, all with the anxiety that every other area would be like that too. Although honestly, I found the Storm Coast to be no better, only shorter thankfully. But that's just bad design.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #474 on: December 02, 2014, 12:41:13 PM »

I use these

No. No. No.

Granted I've never played COD's or anything like that with these, but I hear direction all the time. While playing GTA, I can easily tell which direction bullets are coming from (front and back too, not just side to side) or where a moving car is in relation to my character.

Im with Nick, I would never buy a gaming headset that is not at least 5.1 surround capable.  Need that to get a slight advantage in FPS games.  For my G930s, when I play BF4, its so noticeable where bullets are flying and where people are coming from.  Its very normal for me to hear steps behind me and turn around and see someone trying to knife me.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #475 on: December 02, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »

I use these

No. No. No.

Im with Nick, I would never buy a gaming headset that is not at least 5.1 surround capable.  Need that to get a slight advantage in FPS games.  For my G930s, when I play BF4, its so noticeable where bullets are flying and where people are coming from.  Its very normal for me to hear steps behind me and turn around and see someone trying to knife me.

Idk dudes. I honestly think the difference is negligible and is more or less a marketing scheme. Everything you just described I experience with those. Put in the shittiest pair of earbuds you have, close your eyes, and try this out. No seriously, even if you have the best ear pieces in the world. Try this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1XuB95qMk

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #476 on: December 02, 2014, 02:58:34 PM »
I didn't know where else to put this but is anyone else kind of dumbfounded with the commercials for these RTS phone app games like Game of War and Clash of Clans? They'll show this ridiculously over the top battle and whatnot and then the quick preview of the actual game at the end shows an RTS game on a small screen with crappy graphics. I mean nothing in the commercial even translates into what the product actually shows.

I remember seeing the Game of War one and being like "Is that Kate fucking Upton advertising a phone game?" It's like the next natural evolution of those ads on sites with the scantily clad chicks saying "Play with me, my Lord".  :lol

At the very least, the Clash of Clans one looks like it'd make a nice kids show, but those games look boring as hell.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: December 02, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »

I use these

No. No. No.

Idk dudes. I honestly think the difference is negligible and is more or less a marketing scheme. Everything you just described I experience with those. Put in the shittiest pair of earbuds you have, close your eyes, and try this out. No seriously, even if you have the best ear pieces in the world. Try this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1XuB95qMk

Thats pretty cool, I get what you are saying, I guess I would need to game with my regular headphones vs. my surround sound ones and see a difference.  I know that there is definitely a difference when listening to music on them and using a 5.1 mix vs. stereo mix, but obviously thats due to the mix and having the hardware to support that.  THe 3d sound effects on this video is pretty good though, but I am hard to believe that using a 3d stereo mix is equal to a 5.1 mix.  I should also note that I am strictly talking about PC gaming where I can change the settings for the game sound ouput to a 5.1 surround headphone vs whatever else the game supports.  I am not so sure with consoles how that works.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #478 on: December 02, 2014, 09:30:15 PM »

Because I didn't spend all my time in the Hinterlands! Seriously, get out of there!

EDIT: I was about to post that very same article :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2014, 07:17:09 AM »
Sony announced the 20 year anniversary edition PS4

#sexy

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2014, 08:05:37 AM »
Yeah, she is beautiful. Oh, how I'd like to touch her soft surface, feel her move under my hand, hear her breath and moan. <3
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2014, 08:32:26 AM »
I like the PS1 look of it.  :tup

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2014, 08:40:40 AM »
I really wish that's how it looked from the beginning.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »
I like the PS1 look of it.  :tup

For real. This might be my time to get a PS4. That looks fucking gorgeous and with Bloodborne being pushed back (unlike most, I love it when games get pushed back...more time spent on the game usually means a more refined product...unless you're Duke Nukem), this will be the perfect time for me to get back in the console gaming world. Eeeek!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2014, 03:33:51 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvAJIVSLqK4

So yeah, Saints Row went even further off the deep end. And it is glorious.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #485 on: December 03, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »
This might be my time to get a PS4

Don't get your heart too set on it. There are only gonna be 12,300 of those made. Prices might be crazy too.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline adace

« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2014, 02:15:20 AM »
Playing Destiny for the first time on my 360. Really fun and addictive game. It shares a lot of similarities with Halo but is more than innovative enough to distinguish itself. In some ways I actually like this better than Halo 4. The upgrades and bouncing around from mission to mission really spice things up and are a welcome relief from Halo's linearity. I really hope Halo 5 borrows a few ideas from this game.

That said, the Halo series has a more interesting and much better presented story. I feel like Destiny's story has potential but doesn't quite live up to it because the developers chose not to put it at the forefront. Just my opinion, of course.

Also, I don't understand why you HAVE to be online all the time with Destiny if you're playing solo like I am. Makes no sense at all.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2014, 02:31:13 AM »
It's funny how so many people are dissing Destiny's lack of decent plot.

I don't think anyone spends £50 on a new game because the story looked good.

It's always about graphics and gameplay. I never hear / see gamers comparing games for their plot.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2014, 04:21:15 AM »
The Last of Us would like a word with you.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2014, 06:35:42 AM »
To me, the gameplay comes first and foremost. You can have a great story and graphics, but without great gameplay it's pointless as a game. Once great gameplay is established graphics and story must be added to take a game to a higher level.