Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479293 times)

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #385 on: November 12, 2014, 05:42:48 AM »
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #386 on: November 12, 2014, 05:49:59 AM »
Yea JC2 was a fun game. Have you tried the MP mod? Full blown chaos!  :lol

I wonder if they implement mp sandbox in JC3, wouldn't be surprised if the mod team got hired.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #387 on: November 12, 2014, 06:12:08 AM »

I wonder if they implement mp sandbox in JC3, wouldn't be surprised if the mod team got hired.
Never could, I played the PS3 version. But the YouTube videos look insane.  :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
Do you mean, like... I can actually cross the crooked step? Sick.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: November 12, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »
Can't wait for Dragon Age: Inquisition!!  Really insightful review of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySkWNrTgYmM

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: November 12, 2014, 11:24:05 AM »
Got an xbox1 and Halo Masterchief collection.  I am cramx4 on xbox live.  Probably wont be playing until Thursday evening or Saturday though.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2014, 03:41:27 PM »
Got an xbox1 and Halo Masterchief collection.  I am cramx4 on xbox live.  Probably wont be playing until Thursday evening or Saturday though.

Matchmaking is full of issues right now (yeah, the launch was a disaster). Microsoft say they will fix it this week.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2014, 03:42:56 PM »
Valkyria Chronicles Smashes All Expectations to Reach Number One on Steam!

Cool, i hope Sega starts to hear their fans more from now on. Bring the ports  :metal

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
Set up my Gamecube alongside my PS4 just now :

:metal :metal Gaming Corner is taking shape !

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2014, 04:07:49 PM »
 :tup :tup Good stuff, the waking of the winds, I see. But..

I'm really disappointed in you.

No black walls covered in feces. No carcases of small animals. No crusty socks, toilet paper and/or tissues with a half-empty bottle of lotion.

For shame....FOR. SHAME.

I actually haven't been playing games much recently, but I will be glued to my 3DS once Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire come out, and then just days after that Persona Q. 3DS is gonna be my bitch. I'm kinda surprised in myself in that I haven't played a PC game in a while and I don't think I will for a bit. I'm finding that I've finally started waking up to the fact that I really don't enjoy many of the games I initially get excited for. Hell, a game I've played more in over a year is still sitting at 48 hours, Shadow of Mordor, and I most certainly will not finish it. Other than the classics and/or the safe bet of an RPG, games are more a distraction than actual entertainment and something I can get lost in as they once were. Perhaps a reflection more on me than the games these days but I have a feeling it's a bit of both. Ramble done. Shin Megami Tensei time... PERSONA Q WHERE YOU AT BRO?

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »
I'll add ya tonight  :tup

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2014, 04:35:36 PM »
I'm finding that I've finally started waking up to the fact that I really don't enjoy many of the games I initially get excited for.

I feel you. That Gamecube (in my case, emulated), per example, gave me much more entertainment this year than the last gen games i've played. Even though i never was a graphics whore, i feared i wouldn't be able to enjoy these older games because of the graphics. In the end, i was blown away by games like Metroid Prime (:hefdaddy), REmake, even Pikmin.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2014, 04:48:56 PM »
In the end, i was blown away by games like Metroid Prime ( :hefdaddy ), REmake, even Pikmin.
Fuck yeah, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 kick lots of asses - so does REmake and Melee and Eternal Darkness and RE4.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
I'm finding that I've finally started waking up to the fact that I really don't enjoy many of the games I initially get excited for.

I feel you. That Gamecube (in my case, emulated), per example, gave me much more entertainment this year than the last gen games i've played. Even though i never was a graphics whore, i feared i wouldn't be able to enjoy these older games because of the graphics. In the end, i was blown away by games like Metroid Prime (:hefdaddy), REmake, even Pikmin.

Most definitely. Metroid Prime is still one of my few adored memories of just being utterly sucked into a world and taken away. I remember scouring every inch of the world for the lore, scanning every enemy, just taking it all in. I haven't felt like...well, perhaps since that time. I'm glad you mentioned REmake because I am so excited that they're bringing an HD REREmake (  :lol ) to the PC. That'll be one that I play fervently till I reach 100%. It's just funny what really sucks me in now are the remakes and HD ports of older games. Don't get me wrong, there's some games that look great that'll be coming out in the next year or so but it's a real rarity for me to actually finish any of these games anymore when back in the day I'd be trying to 150% a game.

Emulators are great but it'll be nice having an actual HD remake if it's optimized properly and I can properly support the devs. Granted, I don't feel bad at all for playing emulators considering I once owned almost every game/system I emulate, but it's not quite the same.

RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2014, 05:58:48 PM »
In the end, i was blown away by games like Metroid Prime ( :hefdaddy ), REmake, even Pikmin.
Fuck yeah, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 kick lots of asses - so does REmake and Melee and Eternal Darkness and RE4.

I still love Super Metroid on SNES.

" The Last Metroid Is In Captivity. The Galaxy Is At Peace. "

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #400 on: November 12, 2014, 07:40:39 PM »
So apparently... Assassin's Creed Unity shit the bed. Glaring performance issues, graphical issues and bugs on all platforms. Microtransactions everywhere. Reviews being pulled. Damage control on their FB page. Great job, Ubisoft.

Still might pick up Rogue though. I'm not hearing anything bad about that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:34:13 PM by Nel »
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline adace

« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2014, 09:09:26 PM »
So apparently... Assassin's Creed Unity shit the bed. Glaring performance issues, graphical issues and bugs on all platforms. Microtransactions everywhere. Reviews being pulled. Damage control on their FB page. Great job, Ubisoft.

Damn, that sucks. I'll definitely still play it at some point once I get an XB1 but I really hope they create a patch in the meantime.

As for Rogue, I just finished the story and it was great. Played it on my 360 and didn't really notice any glitches.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #402 on: November 12, 2014, 10:31:30 PM »

Damn, that sucks. I'll definitely still play it at some point once I get an XB1 but I really hope they create a patch in the meantime.

As for Rogue, I just finished the story and it was great. Played it on my 360 and didn't really notice any glitches.

Good to hear. I was more interested in Rogue anyway, given its ties to AC 3 and 4 and getting to play from the Templar side of things for a full game. I'm also probably going to pick up "The Americas Collection" so I can play Liberation as well.

I'm ready for a new time period though. With AC3, AC4, Liberation, Unity and Rogue, that's five games dedicated to the 1700s.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: November 12, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »
Got the new AC free with my xbox1, I actually dont plan on ever playing it though.  Dont think Ill ever have the time to sit back and play a single player for awhile.  Hence why I got Halo, a simple game to pick up when you get some time to kill.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #404 on: November 13, 2014, 08:14:27 AM »
Can't Tuesday get here already so I can get Dragon Age: Inquisition???
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #405 on: November 13, 2014, 08:45:55 AM »
So, after skipping all AC since AC3, I decided I'd give a game on a new gen a try. And WTF. I swear they have continued to make the movement worse with every subsequent game. And it was the first game to freeze my PS4. It'll be getting traded right back.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »
In more positive news, the first Mario Kart 8 DLC is out and it's fantastic. Mute City ftw!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2014, 07:29:24 PM »
So, after skipping all AC since AC3, I decided I'd give a game on a new gen a try. And WTF. I swear they have continued to make the movement worse with every subsequent game. And it was the first game to freeze my PS4. It'll be getting traded right back.
You should've played BF instead. It's really fun!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
I heard from someone I used to work with (and is currently employed in electronics retail) that there might be a $400 PS4 bundle with GTA V. Anyone hip to this?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline adace

« Reply #409 on: November 14, 2014, 05:08:08 AM »
You should've played BF instead. It's really fun!
Or Rogue if you have a last-gen console. It's pretty similar to BF gameplay-wise but with some minor additions and refinements. No performance issues as far as I could tell.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2014, 06:21:50 AM »
Ps4 games are quite pricey so I'll have to choose between The Crew or GTA5.

However - GTA will have more variety and I already have a racing / driving game.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2014, 06:36:02 AM »
I heard from someone I used to work with (and is currently employed in electronics retail) that there might be a $400 PS4 bundle with GTA V. Anyone hip to this?

I havent heard anything, but just commenting on the price/bundle thing.  I just bought my xbox1 over the weekend for $350 and it came with both the old and new AC.  Pretty good value I thought considering the system is only about a year old now.  I bought my old xbox360 for 400 after it was out longer than a year and it came with no games.  Also, the xbox1 with two games was cheaper than my gtx 770 graphics card which also came with the old AC.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2014, 09:28:15 AM »
Can't Tuesday get here already so I can get Dragon Age: Inquisition???

Monday at 9pm PST! Already pre-loaded the game, did a bunch of system maintenance yesterday, and am completing my story in Dragon Age: Keep today.

I work 6am-3pm, so I'll probably take a nap as soon as I get home on Monday, then immerse myself into Thedas (THEDragonAgeSetting) until I leave for work at 5:30 on Tuesday.

:caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine:

^Me on red bull at work

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #413 on: November 16, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »
So my home internet was being flaky the night I first opened my new Xbox one.  My home internet is FiOS and normally very good and consistent so I assumed the Xbox and maybe Xbox live were messed up because downloading system and game updates were taking too long and the Xbox said my network connection was good. Anyway after a week of struggling to get any of my games to update and therefore unable to play them, I finally had to download the Xbox OS and forc the Xbox to boot off a USB drive and fix the OS. It actually worked and I can enjoy the system. I assume my bad internet that first time using it caused it to download a corrupt OS update.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »
Question: I'm not a huge fan of pure RPGs, but I don't mind some RPG elements and I love games with a great story. Do you guys think DA: Inquisition is worth a try?
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
Question: I'm not a huge fan of pure RPGs, but I don't mind some RPG elements and I love games with a great story. Do you guys think DA: Inquisition is worth a try?

I would wait for gameplay/reviews.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »
I actually think IGN's review is pretty good, despite me abhorring most of what they do nowadays and their sophomore journalism. That said, even if you're not into 'pure' (I'm assuming you mean turn-based, ala Final Fantasy, Pokemon) RPGs, this is still an extremely heavy RPG game, it's just based around a battle system that is more action-oriented than turn-based games. It's got the usual RPG-heavy elements of leveling up, gaining and distributing attributes, equipping specific sets of weapons, armor, modifiers and is still fairly based in the old-school RPG realm without being specifically turn-based. Also, as noted in the review, the plot of this one seems to be lacking a bit than in other entries; I've only played a handful of hours so far but the story is most definitely not the thing keeping me going; it's pretty run of the mill as far as fantasy games go. I've got a feeling this will be a game I enjoy for a few months and don't end up finishing...

It's temporary fun, don't get me wrong, but it's also hardly anything new in terms of mechanics, story, direction, etc. If you've got extra money to spend, try it out, if not...I'd say you would probably be better off with something more up your ally. I myself, as an avid RPG (of all kinds) fan, am thinking I probably would've been better off waiting for something else. Don't take my word for it though, reading rainbow. Ba dum dum doo.

RIP DTP.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »
Bioshock, definitely.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »
Final Fantasy XII is certainly a lot different than its turn-based counterparts that precede and succeed it.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
Judging by the previous games in the series, probably not? The Dragon Age games are not noted for having great stories (IMO, they're good but nothing revolutionary) but more for how the sum of their parts are greater than the whole. I guess it depends upon what aspect of RPG's you don't like, but, in general, I'd say you should probably look elsewhere for a good story. :)