Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479296 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #315 on: October 17, 2014, 03:26:32 PM »
Finished The Evil Within and it definitely deserves a spot in my top 10 horror games. There were enough twists and turns to keep my on my toes and the story was really unique. The final boss was just incredible. Ace game :tup

Playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel now and having a blast. Better than the previous two games imo. The whole moon dynamic is great and adds a whole new layer of fun to an already super-fun series. The only thing I would add in is a drivable spaceship. Otherwise, phenomenal game.

I can't wait for that ! Waiting for it to come out on iMac because It doesn't look like it's gonna come out on PS4...

--- IN OTHER NEWS ---

My brand new PS4 kept throwing me out of Destiny because of poor WIFI. it's now on the floor on the other side of my room and it's been connected all evening :lol

I only have the one desk and my imac is on it. I need to get another cheap desk / table tomorrow :P

Offline adace

« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2014, 02:52:02 PM »
Finished the new Borderlands. I'm a bit disappointed that it's shorter than the previous two games and that there aren't as many places to explore, but otherwise I loved it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »
Finished the new Borderlands. I'm a bit disappointed that it's shorter than the previous two games and that there aren't as many places to explore, but otherwise I loved it.

I'm gonna wait til it's on iMac.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2014, 06:24:36 PM »
IN PREVIOUS NEWS ...

Killing people by punching them in the face is still the most satisfying thing on Destiny. :)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2014, 02:58:55 PM »
Got Alien Isolation yesterday, have to take a break though, and I'm not even at the part where you get the first scripted encounter with the Alien  :lol
Love it though, gets my blood pumping, and the ol' horror juices flowing.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »
Im like 99% confirmed that I will be buying an xbox1 when I get back from my next work trip in November.  My brother is moving in with me and ill have someone to game with on a regular basis so id like to get a console and I really want the new Halo reboot plus I want the home entertainment features so xbox1 it is for me.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
Im like 99% confirmed that I will be buying an xbox1 when I get back from my next work trip in November.  My brother is moving in with me and ill have someone to game with on a regular basis so id like to get a console and I really want the new Halo reboot plus I want the home entertainment features so xbox1 it is for me.
Be sure to post your gamer tag man!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »
For anyone that has PSN - I'm Kotow1701. :).

Add me or whatevs.

I've got Destiny and Need for Speed Rivals.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2014, 04:04:27 PM »
Be sure to post your gamer tag man!

Well of I am able to reuse my old 360 tag (haven't used it in 2 years) it'll be cramx4 but I wouldn't mind making it cramx3 only reason I would keep the old if it keeps all my old info.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #324 on: October 21, 2014, 07:14:35 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just encountered the Alien for the first time. I'm to scared to even think how the fuck I'm going to get around it!
Got the radar, decided to give my nerves a rest and play some Battlefield 4 :lol:
This game seriously has me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:13:21 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2014, 12:28:08 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just encountered the Alien for the first time. I'm to scared to even think how the fuck I'm going to get around it!
Got the radar, decided to give my nerves a rest and play some Battlefield 4 :lol:
This game seriously has me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
Yep they really nailed the atmosphere. I shat my pants the first time and crawled up in a locker!  :lol Out of interest, where in the game did you encountere it? Because depending on how you act it can show up earlier.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2014, 07:56:59 AM »
Yep, he shows up if you take too long to go with the tram on Mission 2 (i played again to confirm)  :tup
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
For anyone that has PSN - I'm Kotow1701. :).

Add me or whatevs.

I've got Destiny and Need for Speed Rivals.

I'll add you but I don't have either one of those games right now.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
It's an absolute shame that BF4 is just endlessly plagued with problems. Whether it's the glitches, or unplayable servers, it's a brilliant game that's  just ruined. I honestly don't mind playing Titanfall over it, but god damn would I love to actually play BF4.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2014, 10:38:06 PM »
I couldn't possibly agree any more. I saw my friend playing it one day, and it just so happened to be one of those sessions of gaming that was perfect; no glitches, no lagging, no server issues, nothing went wrong. Naturally, I bought it right after leaving his house. I get to my house and have one of those child-like feelings of excitement when you know you're about to have hours of fun in an amazing new addiction of a game.... Annnnd... Nothing. Despite my PC dwarfing the recommended specs, the game ran like it had molasses in the gears, it was lagging severely despite my (at the time, at least) incredible ISP. Everything was going for me, and yet the game was unplayable, quite literally.

I can't remember many other gaming experiences in which I was so utterly frustrated I wanted to cry and fart on the game and send it to the developers with the fart somehow still lingering. It was horrible... I still try to play it every now and again and it's..."playable". As in, it's technically possible now, but it's one hell of an annoying experience. It's a true shame because, while it's different for everyone, I just happened to have that set-up, or specific file, etc. etc. that makes it just wonky as all hell. I'll go to my friend's...he's playing it fine. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in gaming.

Lil' rant there.  :lol But it really is mind-boggling to me, how that shit works. Computers are so singular and so unique that people can have the exact same set-up and the same game and they'll have two starkly different experiences and issues.

For now, my gaming time is being spent on Shadow of Morder (Just got the new Dark Hand skin..so awesome; especially since the game is now pretty much glitch free for me) and the new Pokemon OR/AS special demo. I'm about to finish it but it's cool having a pokemon with a Megastone and a few batches of items to send to the full game once I get them. I've also gotta remember to pick up dat SHINY Gengar at Gamestop tomorrow...

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2014, 08:34:54 AM »
It's an absolute shame that BF4 is just endlessly plagued with problems. Whether it's the glitches, or unplayable servers, it's a brilliant game that's  just ruined. I honestly don't mind playing Titanfall over it, but god damn would I love to actually play BF4.
After that recent big patch, I've had no problems with it. In fact, it plays better than ever now.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #331 on: October 23, 2014, 09:04:01 AM »
After that recent big patch, I've had no problems with it. In fact, it plays better than ever now.
I've almost never not had problems come up, but every other game plays great online, with a few rocky patches thanks to a mediocre Internet service
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:24:29 AM by Dark Castle »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: October 23, 2014, 09:35:30 AM »
Yeah I got a PS4 for my birthday with Destiny and after two hours of updating everything via WIFI - it turned out my house WIFI wasn't strong enough to ACTUALLY play the game..... :emo:

But luckily - all i had to do was move my PS4 to the opposite end of my bedroom and now it works fine. :)

I've always thought relying on internet to play a game was a stupid idea.

What if you REALLY want to play Destiny and you have no internet ? I guess you wouldn't buy a PS4 either but that's really unfair.

There should be an option to just play a version of the game with no online multiplayer at all.

There is on Need For Speed Rivals - my other game.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2014, 10:15:28 AM »
Sure, but Destiny is a game that was always intended to be online-only.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2014, 11:49:36 AM »
It looks like a game that should be big enough for a big singleplayer plot.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2014, 11:50:30 AM »
It looks like a game that should be big enough for a big singleplayer plot.
It does have a single player plot. Story was very aloof in this one(you get most of the plot from the cards you can earn and read online) but this is a franchise they have mapped out concept wise for the next ten years.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2014, 11:57:43 AM »
Then why are we calling it an online-only game if there is singleplayer?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #337 on: October 23, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
Because you still need to be connected to Bungie's servers in order to play.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #338 on: October 23, 2014, 12:04:04 PM »
Well that's just dumb.  :tdwn

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #339 on: October 23, 2014, 12:06:45 PM »
If you can't connect to the internet in the year 2014 while living in a first world nation, that's what's dumb.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #340 on: October 23, 2014, 12:14:14 PM »
Gamer

Gate.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #341 on: October 23, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
If you can't connect to the internet in the year 2014 while living in a first world nation, that's what's dumb.

I agree everyone should have internet by now. I don't agree with forcing someone to be online when what they're doing shouldn't require them to be online. When it's singleplayer, you're ALONE, and you want to be. Therefore, you shouldn't have to be online. If your internet is particularly bad, the singleplayer is something to actually do. Not in this case, however.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #342 on: October 23, 2014, 12:24:56 PM »
You can still do public events or help other people out when playing single player. It's pretty dope. I helped out a dude struggling with a wave of enemies, did a dance of awesomeness, and drove away to go do my own mission.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: October 23, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »

I agree everyone should have internet by now. I don't agree with forcing someone to be online when what they're doing shouldn't require them to be online. When it's singleplayer, you're ALONE, and you want to be. Therefore, you shouldn't have to be online. If your internet is particularly bad, the singleplayer is something to actually do. Not in this case, however.

This. You shouldn't have to require a good internet connection to play a single player game.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #344 on: October 23, 2014, 06:42:20 PM »
Yeah. It's nothing less than absurd to require internet. It'd be like having a car where the radio wouldn't work unless you were in motion.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »
That really is lame. I mean I find it odd that someone wouldn't have internet but that shouldn't matter anyway. It does suck though when your home internet goes out and you can't even play single player though. An unfortunate situation.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2014, 07:45:02 PM »
Darksiders II is the free game of the month with Xbox Live, so I tried playing the first one again to have some backstory... and I gave up because it's such a terrible game, but people said II was waaaaaaay better. So far it's merely all right, I guess the jump controls respond properly.. The artwork is lolworthy at times though, the backgrounds are so poorly made that it doesn't make you feel like there's anything beyond whatsoever, it's just poorly painted in background, and I've never personally liked the games aesthetic nor it's character designs. The player camera is annoying as shit too. What an abysmal series. Characters also look ridiculous as well. Don't expect I'll play this long, really just waiting until a friends done recording music before I get back into Alien Isolation.

EDIT: Jesus fuck I can only play Alien Isolation in extremely small sprints. This game scares the everloving fuck out of me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:19:13 AM by Dark Castle »

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #347 on: October 25, 2014, 01:41:21 AM »
It dawned on me that last year, I was miffed because Sonic Lost World and Assassin's Creed IV were coming out the same day. I blew about $100 that day. This year? There's two Sonic games. There's two Assassin's Creed games. All four come out the same day.  Frick, I am so glad I have barely any interest in any of them.  :lol Smash is preordered, that's where my budget is going. The Sonic Boom games honestly don't look interesting, I don't have the PS4 for AC:Unity, and I'm iffy on whether I actually want to buy Rogue. But I do find the way the thing that happened last year is happening twice as bad this year hilarious.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #348 on: October 25, 2014, 05:06:01 AM »
Hey guys! I will be participating in the Extra-Life fundraiser marathon (which starts in an hour) and am still a bit short of reaching my goal, so if any of you feel like donating $5 or so to help sick kids, I'd really appreciate it! Here's my pledge page:

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/ekovo

If you can't, you're still more than welcome to tune in to see me play here:

https://www.twitch.tv/biohazardextreme
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline adace

« Reply #349 on: October 27, 2014, 03:28:01 PM »
Xbox One price drop: https://www.polygon.com/2014/10/27/7077223/xbox-one-sale

Might bag one if I have the funds available.