Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479262 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #245 on: September 21, 2014, 11:16:01 PM »
Whatever gets more n****s in the Wii U arena. I'm tired of zero of my irl friends owning it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #246 on: September 21, 2014, 11:16:33 PM »
Whatever gets more n****s in the Wii U arena. I'm tired of zero of my irl friends owning it.
Exactly how I feel having both a Wii U and an Xbox One  :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2014, 11:22:31 PM »
Dude, do not even try to compare the XB1 owners' solitude to the Wii U owners'. I sell at least one XB1 game on the majority of my shifts but haven't sold a single Wii U game in months. Is PS4 owning it that hardcore right now?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2014, 11:28:53 PM »
Dude, do not even try to compare the XB1 owners' solitude to the Wii U owners'. I sell at least one XB1 game on the majority of my shifts but haven't sold a single Wii U game in months. Is PS4 owning it that hardcore right now?
Kind of, but over the past few months, XB1 sales have been doubling the previous month's from what I've read, unfortunately, my friends are not part of that trend, so I'm left to play alone still.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2014, 11:46:19 PM »
ED: Nevermind. Fuck all of this. Have a great life.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2014, 11:54:54 PM »
Well, I'll shoot my own foot with this and respond, good job; a winner is you. I really should've reported the first post and shut my mouth but unlike you, I don't have so much resentment towards you. You say you don't go looking for posts to argue with but the first part of your first response to me completely and utterly contradicts that. The fuck other reason is there for something like "your opinion makes you look like an ass" and then admitting to it? I mean really, why I haven't reported you yet is testament to the fact that I really would just like you to leave me alone. I know you've at least been banned a couple times and are good friends with BF, and despite the fact that I'm probably one of the more volatile members of the community (and still haven't been banned...unwillingly, anyway), I'd rather not bother the MODs and/or risk having you banned simply because you weren't taught to not poke a bear with a stick. I try to avoid you at all costs because of shit like this. Also, it's great you're throwing out the uber-disses with 'ignorant'. Because I have played Hyrule Warriors, despite the fact that again, I'm sure you'll argue away per norm and predictably spout off (again, ironically; and no, I didn't say that so you wouldn't respond, I said that because you're as predictable as a ten-year old with a tempter tantrum) insults of ignorance, lies, etc. There's a demo that's coming out around the 26th, and I work part-time at a local Gamestop. We've got the demo already. P.S. Big hint: I don't give a fuck whether or not you believe me, whether you like me; just leave me alone, it's SO SIMPLE.

But yeah, I'm ignorant. Keep on mouthing off, though, it's totally working. I still think the game is a cash grab. Seriously, please fuck off and act like I don't exist. I'll do the same for you from now on and maybe we can have some fucking peace and quiet and I can say my opinions on this site without having you answer with an immature quip. The very definition of starting arguments/provoking is written in the fact that you responded to me as if I'd just insulted you (and insulted me) when I gave my opinion on a game. If me saying that I think HW is a cash-grab is insulting to you personally, then (you need your head checked more than I do) half your and everyone else's posts should be reported. Fucking ludicrous. Here I am being called an ass and all of it started over my opinion on a game. Quit responding to my posts that aren't anywhere near related to you and we'll be good.

Maybe, I dunno with you. I thought I was psycho but even I don't go out of my way to provoke people I SPECIFICALLY don't like. Half that shit was presumptuous, asinine insults and the other was info I don't care about. Nice. NOW can you leave me alone or should we continue this beautiful tango? I'm not sure what else you want to argue with me about. There's so many options and I'm now bored so if there's anything else you wanna argue about, get it out in one foul swoop so you can finally buzz off and stop bothering me.
:lol

Whew mang, I'm not the one having a temper tantrum here. Thanks for actually insulting me this time around, even though I weren't implying you were insulting ME to begin with.
You can have an opinion mang, but it doesn't mean I can't find it an assy one, ya dig?

Hey it's cool if you've got the demo at Gamestop, have played it, and consequently don't enjoy it, but that doesn't make it a cash grab. You didn't really state an opinion of the game other than it was not worth anyone's time and that it was a cash grab, which doesn't really state an opinion other than you no like it, which doesn't really say much.
If you want to continue to have ginormous hissy fits, feel free to, I find it highly entertaining.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2014, 02:24:05 AM »
DC, Tio, you two really need to knock it off. I've had enough of your bickering.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2014, 02:24:48 AM »
I haven't. :corn

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2014, 09:32:11 AM »
Has anyone checked out the Forza Horizon 2 demo? Game looks absolutely gorgeous and plays really great. Considering picking up the full game.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2014, 10:30:12 AM »
Oh snap, there's a demo out? I played Forza Motorsports 5 on a free weekend, if Destiny hadn't been coming out that following week, I probably would have picked it up. Kind of like fighting games, I'm not great at racing games(except for Mario Kart 8 ma'fuckas) but I had a blast playing that game. I'll have to give that demo a go.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »
Yeah, demo on XB1. It's like Forza except a couple smidges more arcadey and with way way more personality. Open world, can go offroad, etc.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »
Yeah, demo on XB1. It's like Forza except a couple smidges more arcadey and with way way more personality. Open world, can go offroad, etc.
Shit that sounds fucking awesome. I will definitely be trying that out today.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2014, 12:58:59 PM »
Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date Set On October 2015!

Yea i'm not really expecting that to be true but one can wish, right! Damn excited for what they have planned for this game.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/39350/20140922/cyberpunk-2077-release-date.htm
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »
Stumbled upon this today and almost died laughing.

Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2014, 10:17:17 PM »
Stumbled upon this today and almost died laughing.

BRO!!!!!! Release date pls.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #260 on: September 27, 2014, 11:19:59 PM »
Holy fucking fuck the Forza Horizon 2 demo is amazing.
ohmyfuckinggodilovethis gamebuthowdoichoosebetewensmashbrosandthis

Good lord seriously as much as I love SSB, this is a fucking fantastically amazing game. from the fucking demo alone
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:31:35 PM by Dark Castle »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2014, 02:26:33 AM »
Some cool stuff about Alien: Isolation and how they have recreated scenes in the game from the original movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZuDsrDNl58&feature=share#t=5m24s

The fact that they using the OG cast is just  :metal! They seem to go in great length to capture everything what made Alien such a horrifying movie back in the day, I feel they're on to something special here. The whole Alien experience that people want from a movie but haven't got in years, that tension is something you can't do in movies any more because movies nowdays fails at making you afraid because you've seen any possible outcome and you know what people that's gonna die miles ahead. That's been the case in movies for years. I remember when I saw Alien: Resurrection back in the day and how I hated that when anyone left the group you knew that they would die. All of this is something that games can do much much better and that's why I feel they're on to something special here, this may very well be the justice the franchise have been needed for years and it comes from a game not a movie. The movie Alien dosen't scare anyone anymore but when your in the experience yourself and faces the creauture on your own it's a diffrent thing.

Can't wait for this game!

Or all this is just hype and the actual game fails completly, that's also a scenario!  :lol
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:04:53 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DT.net Member
« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »
So I played The Minish Cap for almost 18 hours yesterday. This is easily the diamond in the rough out of all my virtual console purchases. I'm currently on the Wind Ruins dungeon and still haven't resorted to any online sites despite having played no other Zelda games since A Link to the Past other than the portion of Ocarina of Time up to that dungeon where you have to hit targets with arrows to raise or lower the water level.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2014, 02:02:52 AM »
So I played The Minish Cap for almost 18 hours yesterday. This is easily the diamond in the rough out of all my virtual console purchases. I'm currently on the Wind Ruins dungeon and still haven't resorted to any online sites despite having played no other Zelda games since A Link to the Past other than the portion of Ocarina of Time up to that dungeon where you have to hit targets with arrows to raise or lower the water level.
I remember playing that on an emulator many years ago. Awesome game, I might buy it for real as soon as I get a GBA player for my GameCube.  :tup
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2014, 12:39:35 PM »
Hmm Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor looks really interesting.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2014, 02:40:50 PM »
Yep, can't wait to play Shadows of Mordor this week!

Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2014, 07:13:24 AM »
What the first game everyone can remember playing that had real audio tracks? Mine was the original Tony Hawks Pro Skater on N64.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2014, 07:46:52 AM »
What the first game everyone can remember playing that had real audio tracks? Mine was the original Tony Hawks Pro Skater on N64.

I dont recall but that may end up being mine as well.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »

Probably GTA: San Andreas or Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2014, 08:13:21 AM »
I was thinking GTA could be possible, as in GTA 1 or 2 but I cant recall if those had soundtracks like GTA3 and on did.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2014, 08:57:43 AM »
Probably one of the Tony Hawks on PS2, I think. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 maybe?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2014, 07:15:27 AM »
It never once feels repetitive during its 15-20-hour duration, owing to smart, systems-driven stealth and the fearsome intelligence of the alien. The visual design is also beautifully faithful. The developers have built Sevastopol the same way Ridley Scott and his team built their sets in 1979, using only props and tech from the period. The computer stations look like old 70s terminals; video recordings hiss with static.

This retro-futuristic aesthetic is evocative and convincing, placing us directly into Scott’s vision of a bleakly industrial space environment. Flickering lights and smoke are used to great effect, adding to the claustrophobia and general feeling of unease. The station’s dark, oppressive corridors can be as intimidating as the xenomorph itself.

This terrifying game is a passionate homage to a horror classic, and a rich, well-designed stealth experience in its own right. Giger’s monstrous alien is, for the first time in a video game, as formidable and menacing as it was in the films. It was brave of Sega to take a chance a game like this, where guns are a last resort, but their faith in The Creative Assembly’s vision has resulted in an unusually clever and subversive triple-A game.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/03/alien-isolation-review-giger-game-ridley-scott

This warms my heart, I had so much hope for this game and it seems the game will deliver on all levels!  :)

Can't wait to play it next week!!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2014, 07:40:30 AM »
That new trailer for silent hills is shit scary. Not sure I could play an entire game of that !!  :o

• DT.net Member
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2014, 08:36:25 AM »
Still playing Minish Cap. Finally got the Mole Mitt. Holy shit did that ever make the Wind Ruins dungeon fun. Wound up only getting three hours of sleep because of all the fun stuff beating that dungeon unlocked.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »
Alien: Isolation Official Launch Trailer

So pumped yet terrified to play it!  :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2014, 06:55:17 PM »
Super Smash Bros 3ds is downloading right nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Oh also, I made some San Jose Sharks jerseys in celebration of the NHL season starting back up any day now. If you play Animal Crossing New Leaf, wear them sum'bitches~~ :heart

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2014, 11:04:38 AM »
Tony Hawk 2
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2014, 05:15:01 PM »
Alien Isolation looks tight

Driveclub looks very pretty from a visual standpoint, but from what I hear, there isn't much substance beneath the surface.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »
Alien Isolation looks tight

Driveclub looks very pretty from a visual standpoint, but from what I hear, there isn't much substance beneath the surface.
lolnuggetz1!1 Anyway, from what I've read I think people were expecting it to be something it was never meant to be. It's meant to be a fun, social racer. It's not meant to be Forza Horizon 2 (which people are comparing it to for some reason). I'm not expecting much beyond some stupidly pretty visuals and some solid, arcade-y driving mechanics. I'm really not getting this whole mentality of a game needing to be ground-breaking and bursting at the seams with content to get reasonable review scores. Yet, they still give every COD great scores for being rehash after rehashed rehash.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2014, 12:33:38 PM »
I've played Alien: Isolation for some time now. Will not mention how long or where i'm at in the game but i've yet to encounter the Xenomorph. There's some other things that makes you on the edge all the time. The attention to detail to the franchise and the 70s retro style is awesome and the atmosphere they've created is nerve wrecking.