Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479190 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2014, 11:49:52 PM »
I'm loving Destiny for many reasons, but I can very easily see the repetitive complaint and see why it keeps is from being a premier game. You play stories, strikes, special events, and patrols on the same few maps. Even within the story you repeat some areas on different levels. Despite the different types of enemies, their weaknesses and patterns seem to be learned quickly and they get can get stale to some degree. They did a great job in varying how you get different items, guns and armor, but at the end of the day it still comes down to grinding for most of them.

I always loved Halo because it allowed me to sit with a friend and do an amazing co-op campaign. Destiny has taken that to the next level and done it in a rather stunning fashion. The way it incorporates players v. computer and players v. players together in one big world is great. The bounty and strike system gives each day a new flavor, but a new flavor from the same general mix.

In general one of my biggest issues with many games in the modern era has been substantive content. You have a game like Infamous 2, which is absolutely stellar on so many levels, and whose story is done 4x faster than it should be. Similar with Destiny. Friends and I ran up to level 20 (where true grinding begins) and had played through the story (seeing the new content at each turn) in the first... maybe 3 or 4 days? Each location in the game should have had 3 map sets instead of 1, with enough new levels to really do something with the story and at least give it some clearance.

And fuck the yellow eyed Awoken douche. An expansion better allow me to punch him in the nuts.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2014, 11:51:39 PM »
And then within patrols it's either kill enemies, kill enemies and get what they drop, or go somewhere, or go somewhere and hold square. Within the missions it's fight your way in, deploy ghost, fight until ghost is finished. The fighting during all this is top notch, but it does give it an air of staleness.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2014, 02:52:30 AM »
This discussion made me think how weird the price point of a game can be in relation to replayability. I'm not talking about the quality of a game.

For example:
#1 I loved Bioshock: Infinte but the main thing about that game is the story and after one playthrough I felt done with the game other than seeing the diffrent endings. Brilliant game but I only spent 12hrs with it which cost me about $65 at the time.
Hours played: 12hrs
Price: $65

#2 ARMA 3 is a game that I bought ruffly at the same time but I only paid $25 and have to this day logged over 800hrs into the game. It consists of SP, MP, level editor and mod support combined with a brilliant mod community. With all those things combined the replayability is immense given that you enjoy the game of course. Every session I play is never the same, if I get tired of the gameplay I usually spend time in the editor perfecting missions or trying out new mods.
Hours played: 800+ hrs
Price: $25

#3 Metro 2033 and Metro: LL is two awesome games that I adore (read both books) but with that said it only contains SP so the replayability is not very big. I logged 40hrs in total on both games and paid ruffly $70 for both games.
Hours played: 40hrs (in total)
Price: $70 (for both games)

#4 TES: Skyrim: Everyone knows this game.  The replayability is endless when you have countless of side missions, caves, characters, leveling system, deep lore and of course mods.
I logged 200+ hrs and could easily do more. I paid around $65 for the game.
Hours played: 200+ hrs

#5 Portal 2 is another fine example of a game with high replayability although i'm a bit tired of the game at the moment. With both SP and a really fun CO-OP especially with friends you can easily throw away hours at the game. I've logged 120+ hrs which I paid about $65 for.
Hours played: 120+ hrs

I feel I should crunch some numbers but I suck at math and don't have the time at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:19:18 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2014, 06:50:58 AM »
Yea, I often think about the time played to cost ratio and figure how much value I am getting out of games.  The problem is that you arent measuring quality with that like you said.  For BioShock Infinite, I am like you, one play through maybe around 12 hours (sounds right) and never touched agian, but those 12 hours were really fun and maybe more fun than 12 hours of playing battlefield for example. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
Yea, I often think about the time played to cost ratio and figure how much value I am getting out of games. The problem is that you arent measuring quality with that like you said.  For BioShock Infinite, I am like you, one play through maybe around 12 hours (sounds right) and never touched agian, but those 12 hours were really fun and maybe more fun than 12 hours of playing battlefield for example.
Yea I agree that quailty is a factor and that 12hrs can be diffrent if you enjoy one game more but in this case I only went with the assumption that the game you enjoy more is the one in question. If it's not then the hours you play dosen't really matter.
Basically if you have two games that you enjoy equally but for diffrent reasons with one being a SP game like B:I with up to 12hrs of gameplay and the other a sandbox game like TES series with 100+ hours, which game has the most value? Even though it's pretty clear which has the most value they may not be priced that way.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:59 AM »
I feel I should crunch some numbers but I suck at math and don't have the time at the moment.

#1 I loved Bioshock: Infinte

$5.416 (repeating)/hr

#2 ARMA 3

$0.03125/hour

#3 Metro 2033 and Metro: LL

$1.75/hour all total

#4 TES: Skyrim

$0.325/hour

#5 Portal 2

$0.5416 (repeating...stop playing games for lengths of time with prime numbers other than 2 and 5 in their group of factors)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2014, 11:11:09 AM »
I loved Bioshock: Infinte but the main thing about that game is the story and after one playthrough I felt done with the game other than seeing the diffrent endings.
I played twice, just to finally understand the complex story and it was damn rewarding. And it's curious you talk about different endings, since it actually has only one and it's damn brilliant once you understand the whole story. It is even related to the first Bioshock and the second one!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »

#1 I loved Bioshock: Infinte

$5.416 (repeating)/hr

#2 ARMA 3

$0.03125/hour

#3 Metro 2033 and Metro: LL

$1.75/hour all total

#4 TES: Skyrim

$0.325/hour

#5 Portal 2

$0.5416 (repeating...stop playing games for lengths of time with prime numbers other than 2 and 5 in their group of factors)
Thank you professor Floyd! I'm yours to be fondled with.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2014, 11:42:49 AM »
:floydapproves:
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
I loved Bioshock: Infinte but the main thing about that game is the story and after one playthrough I felt done with the game other than seeing the diffrent endings.
I played twice, just to finally understand the complex story and it was damn rewarding. And it's curious you talk about different endings, since it actually has only one and it's damn brilliant once you understand the whole story. It is even related to the first Bioshock and the second one!
Just to be clear I wasn't complaining about the game. I loved it but just didn't feel like replaying it, that's all. I might replay it someday though.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:29 AM »
I haven't bought a game since 9/17/13 when I bought GTAV (still play it 3 or 4 nights a week). Prior to that, it was Skyrim. The next game I'm going to buy is going to be GTAV again. I really don't care about the story in a game. It could be the best story in the world, but if there's nothing new to do after 50 hours of gameplay, I'm not at all interested. I'm a cheep bastard. $60 can get me 7 months of Netflix, and in those 7 months I'd probably get 400+ hours of entertainment. When it comes to gaming, I'm all about quantity. I remember buying the COD after Modern Warfare and finishing the campaign in like 6 hours. I was livid.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2014, 12:38:14 PM »
I haven't bought a game since 9/17/13 when I bought GTAV (still play it 3 or 4 nights a week). Prior to that, it was Skyrim. The next game I'm going to buy is going to be GTAV again. I really don't care about the story in a game. It could be the best story in the world, but if there's nothing new to do after 50 hours of gameplay, I'm not at all interested. I'm a cheep bastard. $60 can get me 7 months of Netflix, and in those 7 months I'd probably get 400+ hours of entertainment. When it comes to gaming, I'm all about quantity. I remember buying the COD after Modern Warfare and finishing the campaign in like 6 hours. I was livid.

Well honestly, if you bought it for the campaign then that was your mistakes.  I enjoy the COD campaigns, but that is not where you get the value.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2014, 01:01:29 PM »
Well the multiplayer is fun too, but I don't know how I ever used to sit there and just play death match after death match for months on end (actually, it was pretty easy when taking constant bong rips). On COD-MW I had over 35 days of playing time online. I unlocked the golden sniper rifle 4 times (without quick scoping). I got Battlefield 4 bundled with my PS4, and after about 4 hours on multilpayer, I was bored. I think the reason GTA Online is so appealing is that besides playing one of the hundreds of missions, I can just take a left at anytime and do whatever the fuck I want. Last week, me and 4 strangers each got a monster truck and crawled up Mt. Chiliad. Nothing crazy. No explosions, gunfights, or money involved... just driving up a mountain conversing. It was one of the most fun times I've had playing video games in months.

I really hope Rockstar begins to focus heavily on the online environment. I can't wait for the next GTA game (not the rerelease of V) to come out. I'm hoping for a map at least twice the size of the most recent one.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
Well the multiplayer is fun too, but I don't know how I ever used to sit there and just play death match after death match for months on end (actually, it was pretty easy when taking constant bong rips). On COD-MW I had over 35 days of playing time online. I unlocked the golden sniper rifle 4 times (without quick scoping). I got Battlefield 4 bundled with my PS4, and after about 4 hours on multilpayer, I was bored. I think the reason GTA Online is so appealing is that besides playing one of the hundreds of missions, I can just take a left at anytime and do whatever the fuck I want. Last week, me and 4 strangers each got a monster truck and crawled up Mt. Chiliad. Nothing crazy. No explosions, gunfights, or money involved... just driving up a mountain conversing. It was one of the most fun times I've had playing video games in months.

I really hope Rockstar begins to focus heavily on the online environment. I can't wait for the next GTA game (not the rerelease of V) to come out. I'm hoping for a map at least twice the size of the most recent one.

Yea, I agree with regards to COD, I used to play it so much and eventually it got stale.  Then I played BF a ton and eventually it got stale too.  I plan on getting back into GTAV once its on PC. 

I am really itching to get back into Halo though. Even though I played that just as much as COD and BF, I havent played in so long that I really want to again.  The Masterchief collection has me drooling to buy an xbox1.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »
Re-posting what I posted in the FF thread because IT IS THAT IMPORTANT, GOD DAMN IT.

REJOICE, PC JRPG FANS!

I don't give a shit what anyone's opinion is on this game, this is GREAT news for J/RPG fans who primarily play on PC. This means a XV release is even more likely than before and that this a chance to show SE that there are indeed JRPG fans who game on PC and that we deserve the games as well! VEHEMENT, TORTUROUS DEATH TO ALL EXCLUSIVES! OO-RAH!

I love it. I didn't LOVE XIII, but for the absolutely insane boner I have right now for any JRPG action, I will absolutely jump on this like white on rice. Awesomely awesome stuff. Shit, I'll get this solely to show SE that PC gamers need their JRPG action just as much as every other gamer. The ignorant, immature twats who purport the console wars must be raped and murdered immediately.  :police: :angel: :xbones :yarr :yarr :yarr I hate the whole pedantic debacle it's become and it's run by kids who's balls aren't even visible and old men who are too greedy. This is fucking' revolutionary news right here; now we need XV on PC to usher in a new era of logic and gaming freedom. XOne, PS4 and PC. Fucking hell yes. NEVER thought I'd see the day. If you told a 14 year old me that this would be happening, I'd pee on your feet.

Also, this for Monster Hunter fans.

This made me feel a whole lot less obsessed now that someone else is excited as I am over something as small as the new C-nub of the New3DS. It will make MH fans SO much happier to know tha they can now still battle and move relatively easy without having to shift both your hands to simply move the camera. It really is a tiny point that ends up being a HUGE strategic factor for any hardcore hunters. It changes everything, really. Before, 3DS gamers had to change their whole set up just to move the camera while battling, and now it's how it should be...simple. It was one point that actually made me not play MH3Ultimate after 70+ hours. Other than that, we're just getting more confirmation that this is going to be the definitive portable MH. It almost seems better than the console version (of MH3Ultimate...MH4 is 3DS only) in some aspects now that we've got expanded RAM, a C-nub, and almost perfected 3D viewing in a game that uses the 3D VERY well.

This is fucking gaming heaven.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:45:04 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2014, 07:49:53 PM »
Meh. Final Fantasy VII came out on the PC about the same time that it was released on Playstation so I just don't see what is so revolutionary about this. Nice if you want to play XIII I guess but the biggest factor will be whether Square continues to release games on the PC or whether this is just a one-off 'milk the nerds of more money' release.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2014, 08:03:32 PM »
Er... a game that came out in '98 (and then 2000, counting VIII on PC) is hardly evidence for PC support. Those games (the originals, obviously, not the Steam releases) are now defunct (um...and over 10 years old) and SE, until the past couple years, has given almost no support at all to the PC market for their top-tier series. If IX, X and XII had PC release upon release, as well as XIII, you'd have an argument...but...really? Games over ten years old with ports that are elementary isn't an argument...it's evidence that they tried the PC market at a horrible time and, predictably, those releases were abysmal both in sales and reception among the few fans that played them back then.

This, however, is a test; I think that's pretty clear. If this trilogy does well, I'd say it's almost a certainty we a XV release, even if it's not at the same time as consoles. But a release at all would be quite telling, and it all depends on if these flop or not. Not the greatest games to use, but it's what they (and we) have. I have no idea why VII and VIII PC releases (again, the originals) have any bearing on this one... It's an entirely different era altogether, they're no longer relevant in any way. Especially considering that the Steam versions have done relatively well. Hell, even IV is doing alright and that's not even the newest version...they should've released the "Complete IV" edition with The After Years.

RIP DTP.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
Re-posting what I posted in the FF thread because IT IS THAT IMPORTANT, GOD DAMN IT.

REJOICE, PC JRPG FANS!

I don't give a shit what anyone's opinion is on this game, this is GREAT news for J/RPG fans who primarily play on PC. This means a XV release is even more likely than before and that this a chance to show SE that there are indeed JRPG fans who game on PC and that we deserve the games as well! VEHEMENT, TORTUROUS DEATH TO ALL EXCLUSIVES! OO-RAH!

Good news, XV coming to PC would be nice (especially after that new trailer, the game looks good).
I will definitely try FFXIII too.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2014, 08:49:52 PM »
Er... a game that came out in '98 (and then 2000, counting VIII on PC) is hardly evidence for PC support. Those games (the originals, obviously, not the Steam releases) are now defunct (um...and over 10 years old) and SE, until the past couple years, has given almost no support at all to the PC market for their top-tier series. If IX, X and XII had PC release upon release, as well as XIII, you'd have an argument...but...really? Games over ten years old with ports that are elementary isn't an argument...it's evidence that they tried the PC market at a horrible time and, predictably, those releases were abysmal both in sales and reception among the few fans that played them back then.
I wasn't arguing that those were evidence of support, quite the contrary actually. Square has released games on the PC before and they amounted to... nothing. Zero, no further support. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up. This might just end up being a one off thing. That's all.

Hey if this ends up being another Dark Souls situation, then awesome. That's great.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2014, 01:06:11 AM »
Alien: Isolation gameplay

So pumped for this game! I just love the concept of having only one Alien that you can't kill. Makes the tension so much real. Can't wait!

Offline adace

« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2014, 01:11:43 AM »
Alien: Isolation gameplay

So pumped for this game! I just love the concept of having only one Alien that you can't kill. Makes the tension so much real. Can't wait!
Looks awesome! Can't wait!

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2014, 01:17:12 AM »
I've never been that interested in the whole "new wave of horror" games, but since it's Alien and it looks really good, I will give this a chance. :)

Regarding FF XV, I was sorely disappointed in not only 13 but all of its sequels so I'm hugely sceptical. If they get rid of all endless corridors, brought some interactivity back into the series (because you know, it's a GAME, not an anime) and had a story where you're not cringing all the time, that would be nice.

Bah, who am I kidding? The first 12 games are my childhood, there's no way I won't be buying this as well.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2014, 09:16:47 AM »
Okami HD was in a 50% discount on the PS Store, so grabbed it along with Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (always wanted to finish it and understand the story). Oh man, I forgot how beautiful this game is. The graphics, the artwork, the MUSIC - it's all bloody good. This is gonna be an intense weekend :biggrin: .

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »
I've never been that interested in the whole "new wave of horror" games, but since it's Alien and it looks really good, I will give this a chance. :)

Regarding FF XV, I was sorely disappointed in not only 13 but all of its sequels so I'm hugely sceptical. If they get rid of all endless corridors, brought some interactivity back into the series (because you know, it's a GAME, not an anime) and had a story where you're not cringing all the time, that would be nice.

Bah, who am I kidding? The first 12 games are my childhood, there's no way I won't be buying this as well.

:lol Pretty much my thoughts. I've played at least an hour or two of all three XIII titles so I know what to expect and I know I won't be disappointed considering I have NEGATIVE ONE MILLION JRPGs to play right now and am absolutely dying for something, anything. Yeah, they're pretty low on my overall FF list but...it's what we're getting for now. So this will be somewhat of a treat, and to know I'll be contributing to any future releases is comforting.

RIP DTP.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2014, 11:22:41 AM »
Okami HD was in a 50% discount on the PS Store, so grabbed it along with Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (always wanted to finish it and understand the story). Oh man, I forgot how beautiful this game is. The graphics, the artwork, the MUSIC - it's all bloody good. This is gonna be an intense weekend :biggrin: .

Okami is one of my favorite games ever.  :tup
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2014, 03:45:47 AM »
Here's another video of the Survivor mode in Alien: Isolation:

https://youtu.be/iK3QG6xEnkU

Sometimes the Alien dosen't show up on the radar and jumps on you when you open a door. Man this game will freak me out.

« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »
Started my playthrough of Wasteland 2 and I'm loving it so far. Nice, old-school, tactical RPG. I made sure to make a team with some fairly diverse skill sets in order to have an option for most situations. So far, I've managed to get just past the point I was at in the beta (right past the AG Center/Highpool part). Unless they changed it after the beta, the AG Center is soooooo much better than Highpool. I'm at a point where I can kinda go and do whatever I want. There are two quests pointing me at opposite sections of the map, both of which are behind walls of flesh-cooking radiation. I can't wait to find out what's in store for my rangers. :)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2014, 09:41:45 PM »
I caved. I downloaded the Smash 3DS demo and I already love and regret it. It IS such a cock tease. But god damn do I need some practice, so that's nice. Also I do not understand all the hate I've seen (on Twitch, mainly) for Megaman; I love the lil dood. He's weak and light, but the variety of his attacks just makes it him so fun to play as; I already know he'll be at least my secondary main (first is always the King D). It's just so fun to use all the different techniques, even if most of them are smaller damage, he's quite fast with the attacks and if used correctly, with the right strategy he's awesome. Plus it's that much better when you kick ass and win with him. Sadly the demo is local only but it's super duper fun, I only got 5 matches in with my buds and had to jet, but oh my god imagining the full game playing that way is just a complete dream come true.

Awesome stuff. Also fuck the days till Oct. 3. ARRGH! Least I'll be able to kick ass online as Megaman once the full game releases. Also can't wait for the New3DS and the uber beneficial c-nub.

I'm now remembering what I love so much about this game: If someone is creative and skilled enough, any character can kick the shit out of any other character. There's characters that have attributes that are higher/lower than others; but I'll still kick the shit out of Jiggly with Dede, then get the kick shit out of me by Megaman when I play as Ganandorf, etc. etc. It's great! (Sadly, I've been teased even more by playing my friends Japanese full version for about an hour...ARARARAR)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:49:57 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2014, 09:58:35 PM »
Man, when the hell are they gonna announce a release date for the Wii U version? I have a free Wii U game coming to me and I don't wanna just go all impulse ang get Hyrule Warriors.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »
Hold off for SURE! Unless you're an absolute Dynasty Warriors addict...I wouldn't hold onto my hopes for HW, even if you're an insanely huge Zelda fan. It's got cash-grab written all over it, even if it is one of the few games that's done DLC right (which...kinda makes sense given the game). Smash 3DS is a guaranteed timeless hit if you're already a Smash fan, or even if you're just wanting an awesome portable fighter (with some surprisingly awesome 3D...using it a lot more than I thought I would, and will even more with the New3DS). I haven't been a very big Smash fan for a while, since a couple years after Brawl released...but this game has revitalized my love for the series with the portability and the fact that they've made it work so well. That coupled with the future release of the New3DS and this game is gonna be as played as Pokemon for me, which is saying a lot. Maybe more if the online is as good as Japan's. I've been streaming a few Twitch streams for a while and while there's lag here and there, the vast majority has been as if they're playing LAN. I cannot WAIIIIIIT.

Only a little over a week till release!!

Oh and Villager is furgin' amazing. Killing someone with an umbrella is VERY satisfying. Plus the statue rocket thing...the tree...it's all awesome. I feel like Villager, Megaman, and Duck hunt dog all make up for Snake. They're all very strategic characters that if used correctly are fuckin' awesome; but they won't be played much, official/tournament-wise.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:12:36 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »
Looooooooooooooool

"Cash Grab" are you for real right now? Whether or not you like Dynasty Warrior's style of gameplay, you look like a real ass calling it a cash grab. There are plenty of people who are excited to have a game like this, it's a collaboration that makes perfect sense, it shall be radical to be able to utilize other characters in the sprawling world that is The Legend of Zelda, and the entire collection of DLC coming out for it is $20, and you're getting a shit ton of content for that $20.
Smash Bros 3ds will undoubtably be a better game, but why compare them when they are completely different styles of games and aren't even meant to compete with each other?

If you have to choose between one or the other, then yeah, get Smash Bros first, but Hyrule Warriors is absolutely not a cash grab, is worth getting, and it's radical to see Nintendo working with other companies to give their series a different angle to look at.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #241 on: September 21, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
Um...holy shit.  :lol :chill

Alright man. Yeah I'm an ass for having an opinion that clearly differs from yours; BF asked a question and I gave my opinion. Seriously, just stop. It's so painfully obvious you're provoking and being argumentative just for the sake of doing so. It's an opinion, welcome to the fucking internet! Quit arguing and spouting prices and pros/cons as if my opinion is wrong and you're trying to change it. Why did I compare them!? Because BF asked a fuckin' question and I answered it with my opinion. That's usually how it works. I think the game is a cash grab. Get over it. That first whole section is just...immature, unnecessary and clearly provocative. You're also being very hypocritical by starting off a comment with 'Looooooooool' and being painfully dismissive when you reamed me only weeks ago for the same thing.

Grow up. You're welcome (and I'm SURE you will) to respond, rebuttal, further attack me (and please don't pussy-out and say you weren't calling me an ass by saying I 'look' like an ass, for fucking christ's sake), etc. but it will be unanswered if you keep on responding to my posts as if I personally attacked you for giving my harmless opinion (on a fucking video game). I'm asking you to stop responding to my posts in general, really, truly, whole-heartedly, honestly...please stop? You clearly cannot stand me so do what adults do when they don't like someone: Ignore them.

RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:23 PM »
Um...holy shit.  :lol :chill

Alright man. Yeah I'm an ass for having an opinion that clearly differs from yours; BF asked a question and I gave my opinion. Seriously, just stop. It's so painfully obvious you're provoking and being argumentative just for the sake of doing so. It's an opinion, welcome to the fucking internet! Quit arguing and spouting prices and pros/cons as if my opinion is wrong and you're trying to change it. Why did I compare them!? Because BF asked a fuckin' question and I answered it with my opinion. That's usually how it works. I think the game is a cash grab. Get over it.

Grow up. You're welcome (and I'm SURE you will) to respond, rebuttal, further attack me (and please don't pussy-out and say you weren't calling me an ass by saying I 'look' like an ass, for fucking christ's sake), etc. but it will be unanswered if you keep on responding to my posts as if I personally attacked you for giving my harmless opinion (on a fucking video game). I'm asking you to stop responding to my posts in general, really, truly, whole-heartedly, honestly...please stop? You clearly cannot stand me so do what adults do when they don't like someone: Ignore them.

No I was calling you an ass. I'm not going to "pussy out" of it. You're literally judging a game you haven't played, and then insulted it by calling it a cash grab. There's no doubt that Super Smash Bros is going to be the fucking bomb, that's a given. But they're completely different types of games, why even compare them except for maybe to get one before the other if finances are that tight?(Also, as far as I remember, Bloyd doesn't have a 3ds sooooooo...)

The bolded gave me a good chuckle. Am I not supposed to respond, so if I do I'm just proving your fictitious point? I don't like you, but I don't just go roaming about looking for your posts to slam you. You posted a pretty ig'nant post, calling a game a cash grab when it's actually really damn cool that Nintendo's giving other companies the chance to give their own IP's a new light, and that's lame that you'd delegate it to a cash grab. It's cool if you don't like Dynasty Warriors, but it's an immensely popular series, and there's a reason for it, and it's cool to get to play as Zelda universe characters in a new way, one more mass battle oriented. One of my best memories is going down to my old elementary stomping grounds Kansas City for the weekend when she went to visit a friend, and I got to hang out with her friend's son the entire weekend. Dude was stoner who had a home studio and played Dynasty Warriors 3 religiously. He gave me his copy when I had to leave and I still have it and love it. That obviously has nothing to do with proving Dynasty Warriors is a great series or anything, just a personal tidbit, but even though Dynasty Warriors has it's weak entries(what series doesn't) writing off Hyrule Warriors is silly.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #243 on: September 21, 2014, 11:11:11 PM »
Just to clarify, I was talking about the Wii U version and how I'm annoyed at their failure to announce a release date for it other than vaguely saying "Q4 2014" even though we're only a little over a week from the fourth quarter of this year.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #244 on: September 21, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »
There's been a rumor and some screenshots of some European store I believe that lists Nov. 21st as the release date. It'd make sense, they could come up with some insanely awesome bundles for Black Friday and sell that shit like hot cakes. Nothing confirmed though.