Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479233 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2014, 12:13:29 AM »
I consider that a positive, since exclusives are kind of pointless; heck, console wars are kind of pointless. The Wii U is the only of the three systems with technology to base a game around so exclusives make sense there (also because Nintendo) but on the PS4 and the Xbox One (and the PS3/360 as well really) there's so little difference that it's basically an exclusive solely to get people to buy the console in the first place.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2014, 02:29:04 PM »
^ Logic right there. One love.

I'm going back to Shin Megami Tensei IV and getting all the badass god-tier demons. I miss this series and I cannot wait for Persona Q, Persona 5, and hopefully the next main entry MegaTen in the next few years. I'd love to have it on the 3DS, or even better the New3DS and really have a full-scale 3D game. SMTIV is amazing but I was a little disappointing in the fact that the demons can't really be fully viewed unless you've just fused one, and even then it's a tiny sprite. I'd love to see these mofos in full 3D, and with the New3DS that can definitely happen; it'd also be nice to have the use of the analog-nub for easier camera movement, though that's hardly a shining feature, it'd still be nice to have. I'm mainly excited for that extra push of RAM; makes a huge difference.

On another note, this shows the awesomeness that is the true GTAV and officially got me excited for the PC version.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2014, 03:24:10 PM »
I'm going back to Shin Megami Tensei IV and getting all the badass god-tier demons. I miss this series and I cannot wait for Persona Q, Persona 5, and hopefully the next main entry MegaTen in the next few years. I'd love to have it on the 3DS, or even better the New3DS and really have a full-scale 3D game. SMTIV is amazing but I was a little disappointing in the fact that the demons can't really be fully viewed unless you've just fused one, and even then it's a tiny sprite. I'd love to see these mofos in full 3D, and with the New3DS that can definitely happen; it'd also be nice to have the use of the analog-nub for easier camera movement, though that's hardly a shining feature, it'd still be nice to have. I'm mainly excited for that extra push of RAM; makes a huge difference.
I really need to do my neutral ending run of SMTIV. That game is so awesome. I was going to try to finish Nocturne for the umpteenth time, but I lost motivation again.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2014, 04:02:23 PM »
You'll probably wanna nut punch me when I say this but somehow...without the use of a single guide (I got the collector's edition and didn't even use the lil mini-guide that came with it), I got the Neutral ending on my first try. I have no idea how that happened considering I usually make choices on what I myself would do and I'm obviously a heartless, soulless demon; I was POSITIVE I'd get the bad ending. The fuck, MegaTen!? I suppose it IS about demons... :rollin Now that I'm using a guide for demons fusing, it's an 8% chance on the Neutral ending, I found out (blind-run, obviously); so that pretty much had me flabbergasted.

It's officially my favorite SMT thus far; and I'm with ya on Nocturne. I ALWAYS get so far and then in the last push of the game, I just kinda lose steam and teeter out with a badass team that I know I'd annihilate the bosses with anyway so I'm just kinda like 'eh'. Still one of my favorite RPGs but it's aged a bit since it's release. But SMTIV's last arc is so amazing that I could play this a million times over. This is only my second play through, and unless you're some kind of demonic master, pretty much the only way you can get most of the god-tier demons is multiple plays. I love the system they've set up though, and it's pretty much perfect, I think. I can't wait to see what they do next, and I'd love to see a more techno-steam-punk-ish version. Something like Tron with demons... I dunno, I just have this vision of a techno-based SMT world and it gets me super sudowoodo.

RIP DTP.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2014, 04:30:39 PM »
Ever play Soul Hackers? Sounds like exactly what you're dreaming of. I'm dying to get the neutral ending. I got Chaos the first time through and everything I've heard is that all the other endings suck.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »
Indeed, and I do love the vibe of the game but it was a bit too old school for me. Well, I should say for my vision; I loved the game and it was great to tide me over till SMTIV, but given that it was a remake and fairly old fashioned, it wasn't as I hoped it'd be (granted, of a game that never came to the US, but given my geek infused life, of course I had briefly played the Japanese version as a kid (with the help of my fluent cousin)).  :P But yeah it was a great start to what I'm thinking, but not exactly executed as I'm picturing. I'd love for them to move more into the realm of a true 3D environment ala Nocturne but updated; and with the style of Soul Hackers but not as old fashioned...that would be a dream come true.

I think Persona 5 is gonna have me giddy enough for a while though. Hell, for as much as I've played SMTIV (90 hours and counting), I still have a bit to do and am still having fun with it. I'm also just now realizing that there's DLC for this game, which is both awesome and saddening. In the past, these demons would've been in the game without a hitch...now I've gotta get them through DLC. Luckily they might as well be free, they're so cheap; and that is awesome. But it pains me to know that this stuff would have without a single doubt been in the game anyway if DLC had a stigma instead of being the next big thing that it's become, but it's so rampant these days that..."why not"? I'm not complaining, it's awesome to get some amazingly cool demons, but being the aging gamer, there will always be the kid in me that says "MAN, THAT STUFF IS POOP"!

I suppose that's the double edged sword of growing up...lose your innocence...gain more macca to spend on useless shit.  :lol ...  :'(

RIP DTP.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Everything I've heard has been telling me the DLC isn't worth it like at all. I thought it was all just difficulty hacks and extra macca.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2014, 07:44:56 PM »
I think many of the naysayers are the morons who act like the DLC ammunition for exp/macca/app points ruin the game as if you're forced into buying them. No shit they're gonna ruin the game if you get them early on.  :lol I beat the game and then got them so I didn't have to spend hundreds of hours fusing demons to get the ones I want with the attributes/skills I want; if used correctly it's awesome and provides a way to experience aspects of the game (mainly demon masturbation) to those who normally wouldn't ever have the time. Other than that it's nothing but awesome extra demons.

There's a bit more, and it's cheap as hell. I mean, I'm a complete SMT addict so I have those as well and they're AWESOME if you need to fuse demons to get the awesome demons, but they also have demon packs that allow you to get the awesomely awesome demons that are on the cover (the so-called 'god-tier' even though they're...all gods) and more. They have a couple other special demons (one is called the Ancient Of Days and is fucking bonerrific). There's also the 'real/ultimate final boss'. Which is...insane. I've fought him eight times and I've lost every time. Keep in mind most of my doods are maxed out. It's brutal. Obviously if you defeat all these extra bosses you'll be able to fuse the demons. There's also equipments packs (look like a demon yourself). There are 11 insanely badass DLC demons in all (including the extra ones you get with equipment and macca/app points/exp packs); it's nothing amazing if you're not too hardcore of an SMT fan, but for the insane people like me it's amazingly cool to have a team consisting of the cover-art gods and more.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:45:28 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2014, 08:07:33 AM »
All right, I'm getting myself a GameCube. I'm buying it mainly so I can play Game Boy Advance games on it, but I might as well get some some good exclusives. The Metroid games are a given, I love the 2D ones and have always been curious of the Prime series. Anything else? :)
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2014, 08:52:33 AM »
So i've been playing 7 days to die with a couple of friends, at first I was not very impressed. Having played Day Z and Breaking Point for Arma 3 and a bunch of other zombie games the genre was a bit watered down (I still love Breaking Point though, much more than Day Z at the moment). Found the graphics to be a bit blend and everything felt a bit sluggish but once we got hold of the game mechanics and started gather material for building a house foundation man the game took a huge lift. Surprised how satisfying it is to build a house together with friends and designing and decorate rooms and floors. Never thought I would do that in a zombie survival sandbox.  :lol
It's a mix between Minecraft, Rust and Day Z but to be honest it's kind of it's own thing. The crafting and resources part of the game is pretty damn comprehensive and it's still only alpha.
Really enjoying it so far.

Speaking of Minecraft, this will sure stirr up the internet:

https://mojang.com/2014/09/yes-were-being-bought-by-microsoft/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC9K6QxwseM

Whether you like it or not, no one in their right mind would turn down 2.5 billion dollars, as simple as that.

Notch speaks:
https://notch.net/2014/09/im-leaving-mojang/

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:36:03 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2014, 12:12:35 PM »
All right, I'm getting myself a GameCube. I'm buying it mainly so I can play Game Boy Advance games on it, but I might as well get some some good exclusives. The Metroid games are a given, I love the 2D ones and have always been curious of the Prime series. Anything else? :)

Some "must have" GameCube games:

The two Metroid Primes (Prime is awesome, just like Super Metroid imo)
Resident Evil 4 (one of my favorites)
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Tales of Symphonia
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
The Pikmin series (nice real time strategy series, try if you want something different)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (port of this classic Dreamcast RPG)
Resident Evil REmake (maybe the best remake ever)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:18:53 PM by Outcrier »
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Deve

« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »
Anyone have an extra Super Smash 3DS demo code they'd be willing to trade? I've got a couple codes for games on Steam and Origin and I'd be willing to trade one of 'em! I tried the demo on a friend's 3DS and I just have to play more lol. The 60fps is absolutely killer and it controls extremely well. I wasn't even thinking about buying the 3DS version because I've got a Wii U, but after playing the demo Nintendo has roped me in to buying both versions. They knew what they were doing in releasing the demo!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »
I'm not sure if it's just impatience, which I can completely relate to because I'm dying to play it now as well...but it comes out for everyone on the 19th, if you didn't know. Er...the demo, that is.

It's gonna be so awesome to get my King D on once again...except this time in 3D, portable, and ALL OVER THE WORLD. Hullz yuuuuh.

RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2014, 03:56:59 PM »
Yeah but those who get it on the 19th can only open the demo a limited number of times compared to those who get codes  :hat

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »
I know. Till October 3. Thus I refer back to my comment of impatience. A WHOLE MONTH! Unless you're willing to trade/suck dick/whatever.

Super duper cool for those in the club though.

RIP DTP.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
I mean...I got a code, played it three times and I'm kind of done with it. :/ It's fun and all but it's really just a massive, MASSIVE cocktease.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »
Pretty much, it's great if you're just...out of your mind over playing it, want some training, etc. Otherwise, I'll stick with not having blue balls; with the way my days run, it'll be here before I know it. For me, I'd end up just agonizing over it so I'm skipping it. SMTIV is more than enough to make me forget about it in the meantime and then boom...my life will be over for a few days and King D shall be my persona. NNNNNNUUUUUUGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

RIP DTP.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2014, 06:10:31 PM »
My friend who moved to Japan bought the game when it came out and has been taunting me about it. Fucker.

In the meantime, I started my DS Pokemon marathon run. Started Platinum yesterday. Then HeartGold, Black, and Black 2. I was originally going to start with Emerald, so when the Ruby/Sapphire remakes come out, it'd be a "full circle" kind of thing, but eh.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »

To name the really obvious out of the ones I have-
Mario Sunshine (if you're into the platformers)
Zelda: Twilight Princess (how it was meant to be played dangit)
Mario Kart
Super Smash Melee

As with any Nintendo console, you really can't go wrong if you stick to the first party games. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2014, 07:19:17 PM »
Zelda: WIND WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKER
Chibi Robo
Pokemon Channel
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Pokemon Colosseum
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »
...Crystal Chronicles? I don't remember much of that game but what I do remember is swinging around a bunch of stuff to kill enemies (or the enemies themselves) and that it usually took a long time.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Deve

« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »
Zelda: WIND WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKER
Chibi Robo
Pokemon Channel
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Pokemon Colosseum
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Definitely Chibi Robo. That game is so interesting and fun, the only thing you have to deal with is the text speed. It's painfully slow and there's no way to speed it up or skip it. Besides that though, crazy cool game.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2014, 08:20:31 PM »
Eternal Darkness

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2014, 08:39:16 PM »
the Gamecube was one of my favorite console not only for the newer exclusives like Prime and Wind Waker, but it also had the ability to play every Zelda game up to that point. Tack on the Mega Man and Mega Man X Collections and you've got hours of fun just in classic gaming alone! (warning: careful about getting the original Mega Man Collection as the buttons were switched for some dumb reason and there's no way to fix it... I can play like that, but not everyone can)

I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2014, 09:24:56 PM »

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »
I have friends already bored with Destiny. Anyone else having this issue?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2014, 01:42:16 PM »

I read a review today that said no matter how awesome the game is, and it is, it has gotten boring already.

I havent played so I cant say, but from that review it seems like all the missions are the same and becomes very repetitive.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »
Not I. This game is a full on blast. If you're feeling a bit weary from playing story missions, you can always go on patrols, strikes, or play in multiplayer deathmatch modes.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2014, 06:20:48 PM »
I think it's interesting how these new fps games that look so great get boring to people after weeks, while for some reason TF2 has been loved by its community for 7 years.

:huh:
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »
Burned out, perhaps? Also I love me some FPS but the times I've played Bungie made Halo games have been god awful boring.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »

Well, everyone is bashing Destiny already (both critics and gamers) because it was hyped as GOTY material but, in reality, it is just an average game (this is the general opinion, not my own, i don't played the game after all).

Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »
I just try to ignore hype lately and get into things after the smoke has settled. I'm only now just trying Borderlands.  :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
Burned out, perhaps? Also I love me some FPS but the times I've played Bungie made Halo games have been god awful boring.

I'm not into FPS games at all, so I always found the single player / co-op to be boring as hell too, but they're still a lot of fun when you've got a group of friends around and have that right combo of game mode and map.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »
Halo MP always felt like a chore to me but that's mostly because I hate/am not good at dual joystick controls for FPS games. It's never not felt clunky to me.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2014, 06:56:22 PM »
Destiny is honestly a pretty great game. It may not be Game of the Year, but people are acting like there's nothing to do in the game when that's just a blatant lie. There is SO much to do in this game, and the higher you level, the more you have opened to you.