Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479263 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2014, 07:30:42 PM »
Pretty much. I've no doubt eventually, however long it'll be, I'll buy a console again but there's so many games I have yet to play (or awesome remastered/International versions that were painstakingly translated for me) and other nostalgic treks to make; I'm good for quite a while with both new PC games and some old ones to keep me entertained till my favorites come out. I'm just waiting on Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV and Persona 5 to push me over the edge to get a PS4. That said, it might be eons before I get one.  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2014, 08:54:22 PM »
Destiny =  :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat

One thing I really like is that like Dark Souls, pulling up the player menu/"pause menu" doesn't pause the game, if you're in a battle, be careful about that, I didn't realize it at first as I was changing the sensitivity of my controls and almost died  :lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2014, 09:31:20 PM »
First day, level 14 in Destiny.

Played exactly 1 game of NHL 15.

Will try and rectify that tomorrow and start my usual fantasy draft Be a GM mode.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »
Went to Target for the new Interpol album today, but I have to admit, that white PS4/Destiny bundle did look hella sexy. Still kind of hoping they put out a blue one down the road though. Not that the console color really matters, but the game cases are blue, they just put out a nice blue PS4 controller. It would look nice and uniform.

But yeah, the second I walked into the store, boom, little cardboard tower full of copies of Destiny. People showing up just for the game. I was like "oh yeah, that came out today." :lol
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2014, 09:52:57 PM »
Destiny is the bees knees, daddy-o!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2014, 09:53:06 PM »
When I went to go get it at lunch time, and there was still a huge line for it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2014, 10:52:32 PM »
I'm just here to say how much I love emulators.

That's why PC is the Master Race  :P

Have fun playing GTA V yet? Oh wait........
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2014, 11:18:43 PM »
And Destiny. :P
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:10 PM »

Aw why you gotta go there bro? Eh, I'm cool with waiting a bit longer if it means having the highest quality, mods out the wazoo, and customization (provided they optimize it properly, and all indications point to yes this time around).

I am so mother effin' excited for Persona Q. My favorite characters in the series coming together for the first time on a Nintendo console, and it's the 3DS and taken in the vein of the awesomely retro Etrian Odyssey. Except they've beefed up the graphics big-time, and for any of the otaku out there, the chibi versions of the character fit oddly well with the already quirky series-meshing story it brings. It's gonna be some awesome demon-collecting, map-making, dungeon-crawling fun. Plus Meguro is back for the music so fuck yes to that, more awesome tracks mixed with nostalgic tracks from P3/4.

Not to mention Pokemon Alpha/Omega, Super Smash Bros. 3D, Fantasy Life.. I'm really hoping that Tales of Hearts R eventually gets released outside Japan soon.

That plus Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, The Evil Within (hopefully it pans out), Lords Of The Fallen, and a few more I know I'm forgetting...this is gonna be the best holiday gaming season in a long while.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:52:03 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2014, 02:19:12 AM »
I'm just here to say how much I love emulators. I'd much rather the real thing obviously, but my god is it awesome to be able to play foreign games that I wouldn't be able to play even if I owned the systems. I just started a game in Final Fantasy XII Zodiac International Version and it's friggin' awesome to relive the experience I had with one of my favorite RPGs (even if the latter-half was a bit lackluster) but with all these awesome improvements and extras.

It took me a while to get the emulator working optimally but with all the right plug-ins, filters, sound and graphics cards, I've got the emulator looking better than the original. That was my main issue with emulators is usually the gaming experience wasn't as good but with the set up I have now...it's officially better than the real thing considering I'd never be able to play games like these. Final Fantasy X International Version is next and I expect I'll have nostalgiagasm when I get to it. Woot woooooot!  :coolio :azn:
Yes, emulators are awesome! All those Japanese RPG games that never got an international release, with fan-made translations... <3

Funny you should mention Final Fantasy XII, I picked it up a few days ago and started playing it and it is still just as awesome as I remember it being. And it has that FF feel, that I almost want to call retro-FF-feel, that is now all but gone from the series. For me, this was the last amazing FF.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2014, 02:23:42 AM »
I agree, and even then I don't love it nearly as much as X or some of the others, but it's still up there for me. I just didn't enjoy the latter-half of the game as much as I'd hoped and it dragged a little. But overall still a wonderfully enjoyable FF and I still love the meshing of the amazingly customizable Gambit system along with the integration of player control across all characters. It was so fluid and smooth with the automated commands but still very much kept you on your toes, especially with tougher and more enemies at once. I love it!

I'm enjoying the Zodiac system but it is odd not being able to just max out my characters with everything. That made the game so very easy.  :lol Definitely think this way should have been the main, original version.

RIP DTP.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2014, 02:25:54 AM »
I agree, and even then I don't love it nearly as much as X or some of the others, but it's still up there for me. I just didn't enjoy the latter-half of the game as much as I'd hoped and it dragged a little. But overall still a wonderfully enjoyable FF and I still love the meshing of the amazingly customizable Gambit system along with the integration of player control across all characters. It was so fluid and smooth with the automated commands but still very much kept you on your toes, especially with tougher and more enemies at once. I love it!

I'm enjoying the Zodiac system but it is odd not being able to just max out my characters with everything. That made the game so very easy.  :lol Definitely think this way should have been the main, original version.
Yeah, the battle system actually made grinding SO much less of a choir for me.
Remind me again: what's the difference with the Zodiac system compared to the original? Is it that the characters have predetermined paths on the license board or did I get that wrong?
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2014, 02:32:42 AM »
There's a lot of bonus enemies, bosses, dungeons, even some story elements, but the main difference in the Lisence board is that there's actual jobs you pick before you initially open up a character's license board. There's 12 different jobs (all based around the Zodiac, naturally), and each board is completely individual and singular this time around; they're also permenant, once you pick a job, that's it for the game. It obviously sounds limiting at first, but the way it's set up almost feels like it's how it should have been, every character isn't so completely free that you can basically have a team of gods. It's pretty in depth and I'm enjoying it a lot more even if it is a bit more difficult and you have to plan a lot better.

RIP DTP.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2014, 07:08:03 AM »
OMFG DESTINY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »
YOU CAN USE A SWORD IN DESTINY!!!!!

Granted it was for only a mission but OMFGSBSJUH@HEI!!I@JBN

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
I'm just here to say how much I love emulators.

That's why PC is the Master Race  :P

Have fun playing GTA V yet? Oh wait........

Pf, i couldn't care less about GTA V... Not looking down at the game but, i hardly would buy one of the latest consoles just to play it (and it's coming to PC anyway).
Some exclusives that would make me think twice would be Metal Gear Solid 4, Xenoblade Chronicles, the Uncharted series, Last of Us and some others.
Ah, i'm glad that MGS V is coming to PC though, that was great news  :tup
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »
Fuck you, Phogoth!!

Online TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »
Just finished Ocarina of Time. Can now safely say that I prefer Majora's Mask between the two. More user-friendly and less tedious on top of having a better storyline and the awesome masks.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2014, 09:36:35 PM »
Well, would be level 20 by now, but I ended up sleeping till almost noon due to the 2 hour power nap I had between 7am Monday and 2am yoday (Wednesday). As is my Warlock has just crested level 19.

Right now my regular CoD Clan is keeping me busy, but Dimi, I certainly hope to play with you in the coming weeks. And TOX, feel free to add me, Rush3737. Same goes for any others who want to get some games in down the line.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
Well, would be level 20 by now, but I ended up sleeping till almost noon due to the 2 hour power nap I had between 7am Monday and 2am yoday (Wednesday). As is my Warlock has just crested level 19.

Right now my regular CoD Clan is keeping me busy, but Dimi, I certainly hope to play with you in the coming weeks. And TOX, feel free to add me, Rush3737. Same goes for any others who want to get some games in down the line.
Yeah man, sure! I'll probably create a new character soon since I wanna try out the Warlock, I'm currently a level 17 Titan.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2014, 11:58:29 PM »
And boom goes the dynamite. Should have gone to bed an hour and a half ago, but instead I'm the first in the clan to get to level 20.

And the final points happened to come from FINALLY seeing a public event, in which we got gold, so only need two more of those for that bounty.

Spent over 2k of glimmer, nearly all I had left, only getting a new color for my robes since the color they gave out for getting to level 20 was purple. Stupid waste of money, but if I'm not going to be a bitch ass looking level 20! I'm swag bitch!

I apologize for those last two sentences.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2014, 06:20:02 AM »
Apology accepted.

I am really starting to consider buying an xbox1 now.  I was going to wait until November/December for a Christmas bundle (and Halo), but I dont know, Destiny is tempting me.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2014, 07:09:44 AM »
Apology accepted.

I am really starting to consider buying an xbox1 now.  I was going to wait until November/December for a Christmas bundle (and Halo), but I dont know, Destiny is tempting me.
If you get one let me know! We could play together!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2014, 07:12:10 AM »
Apology accepted.

You should consider a PS4 instead.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2014, 07:18:31 AM »
Apology accepted.

You should consider a PS4 instead.

Nah, if I want the good graphics, my PC is better than both.  Id want the xbox1 for the home theater type of use as well.  It will add a lot more versatility to my man cave.  Plus, historically, Ive enjoyed the xbox exclusives (like Halo) over PS exclusives.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2014, 07:21:46 AM »
Titanfall is pretty fantastic as well  ;D
*and the graphics aren't lacking one bit if you ask me*

I wish every time I saw somebody talk about getting an Xbox One, it wasn't followed by people saying "Bruh just get a PS4". We get it, for reasons that are your own, the PS4 is superior, neat, some people would rather get an Xbox One, and they have their reasons sooooooooo eyeh. *minor annoyance because I literally see it anytime an Xbox One is mentioned anywhere on the internet*
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:30:26 AM by Dark Castle »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2014, 07:34:34 AM »
I have Titanfall for the PC which I enjoy.

Everyone has their preferences and their reasons for those preferences.  I stated mine for wanting an XBOX1.  I dont care about performance.  I have a GTX 770 and that baby plays all my PC games at the highest settings perfectly.  If I want a game for graphics, thats where I am playing it. 

I honestly am just a big Halo fan and when I read about the Masterchief collection and how the multiplayer will be for that, I creamed.  Now with Destiny, its just another reason to get a console.  I have the money, just not sure I want to spend it just yet.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2014, 07:53:52 AM »
Titanfall is pretty fantastic as well  ;D
*and the graphics aren't lacking one bit if you ask me*

I wish every time I saw somebody talk about getting an Xbox One, it wasn't followed by people saying "Bruh just get a PS4". We get it, for reasons that are your own, the PS4 is superior, neat, some people would rather get an Xbox One, and they have their reasons sooooooooo eyeh. *minor annoyance because I literally see it anytime an Xbox One is mentioned anywhere on the internet*

Well, if you buy PS4, you can play games with me. That should be the only reason you need.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2014, 07:55:29 AM »
Well if you get an xbox one you can play games with me  :-*

I do plan on getting PS4 down the road, can't for quite a awhile, but I'd like to have all 3 of the "next-gen" consoles.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:43:25 AM by Dark Castle »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2014, 11:28:34 AM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/the-top-25-xbox-360-games-4

A top 25 that I actually cant complain about.  Now opinions are the basis for this so obviously my order woulld be different, but they seem to have made a solid top 25.  I think putting the Orange Box so high is what made me happy.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2014, 06:12:50 AM »
I can complain about one thing: Where's Alan Wake?!?!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2014, 06:13:29 AM »
I can complain about one thing: Where's Alan Wake?!?!

Forgot about that since I played it on PC...but yea thats a great game.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2014, 12:10:33 PM »
Well talking about consoles, I currently have the PS4 but am looking at getting the Xbox One before the end of this year, probably around November.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2014, 12:03:51 AM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/the-top-25-xbox-360-games-4

A top 25 that I actually cant complain about.  Now opinions are the basis for this so obviously my order woulld be different, but they seem to have made a solid top 25.  I think putting the Orange Box so high is what made me happy.

Good list but lacking some games like Tales of Vesperia, Dark Souls, Borderlands 2, AC2 and others. They all could have been there in place of Fez, Limbo, Mark of the Ninja.
Also, Asylum and Oblivion are praised nearly equally as City and Skyrim. 
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2014, 12:14:25 PM »
The most damning thing about that list is that there really aren't any exclusives anymore. Probably 80% of that list is multi-platform games.