Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479257 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2014, 03:44:18 PM »
Me. But not because I don't want to.  :'(

*Holds up broken, tattered sign of petition for PC release*

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »
No PS4, plus I'm saving my money for Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2014, 03:55:16 PM »
I badly want a white PS4 but Destiny would just be part of the package for me.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2014, 03:56:16 PM »
Cain't wait to get it tomorrow, but I won't have much time to play until later in the night due to class tomorrow.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2014, 04:02:41 PM »
No PS4, plus I'm saving my money for Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U.
It's coming out on 360/PS3 too.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2014, 06:19:54 PM »
I'm not playing/buying destiny because I'm not the biggest fan of first person shooters.  :P TF2 is where it's at in that regard.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
I'm not the biggest fan either, especially these days when the gaming market is saturated as shit with 'em and most aren't up my ally, or I get a strong sense of (bad) deja vu constantly.

But it does look fun as hell to me. Everyone knows how much fun hell is.

I would like to randomly say I miss the fuckin' shit out of those feels I got when first playing Metroid Prime. I want another game like that, a game that I think perfectly encapsulated what the genre 'First Person Adventure' means; yeah, it's a first-person-shooter-esque game, but I really felt like I was behind the helmet and while mechanically it wasn't great, it was an awesome exposition of a first person shooter with immense depth. I feel like Destiny may have a similar feel in terms of what it aims to be, but I want that Metroid lore and the very particular vibe the series brings.

Still...Destiny would be a nice similar game to mull over. I'm pretty positive that Destiny will release for PC eventually. I was floored when I found out it wasn't releasing initially for the platform given it's exactly the type of game the PC does best.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:30:31 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2014, 06:55:39 PM »
Anybody NOT buying Destiny? :lol
No Destiny here.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »
Anybody NOT buying Destiny? :lol
No Destiny here.

No Destiny here either. Just doesn't do it for me, but hot damn do I want that white PS4

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2014, 07:39:04 PM »
SIMS 4.

I'm playing SIMS for the first time. At first I was MEH

And then I got all in to it...

And then my SIM died.

It was depressing.

:sadpanda:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
1 hour till Destiny.

Next two days off.

LET'S DO THIS.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2014, 08:59:18 PM »

RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2014, 09:20:09 PM »
In a bit of a pickle. Do I want to wait until tomorrow and get a hard copy, or do I just install it straight on to my Xbone?
I like having physical copies but I kind of want to play it like immediately lol.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »
Tangibility is overrated.

Game for me, DC. Game for me so hard.

RIP DTP.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »
Fuck dat shit. Wait it out Dyl pickle.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2014, 09:48:17 PM »
aghhhhhh I don't know what to doooooo.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »
Seriously dude. Why would you forfeit he ability to play your game at anyone's house who also owns a PS4 just over one day? Also, that game'll make great short term swap fodder with other friends who have a game you may wanna borrow.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2014, 09:54:14 PM »
I'm literally the one out of pretty much 99% of my friends who has an Xbox One  :lol I have nobody to swap with, I just take my Xbone with me if I'm going to another friend's place.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
Dude. Bring dat shit over whenever we get a chance to hang in the future. I'm dying to play KI3 despite the reviews.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2014, 09:59:38 PM »
4 shore, I suck at fighting games but would be so down, I love the original Killer Instinct.

I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to get Destiny though, for a few reasons:

1. I just really like having a physical copy of my games/music/movies. I guess I'm a bit of a clutter bug
2. It would take up a fuck ton of space on my drive, and having it on disc will help with that a little
3. I wouldn't really get to play it tonight anyways because I have class at 9 and will probably go to bed soon anyways
4. I can possibly trade in some games I'm not playing at gamestop and get it for a potentially cheaper price

• DT.net Member
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2014, 10:32:50 PM »
Glad to hear it dude. I'm always leary about getting rid of old games just to get hosed on trade-indeals at retailers though. I definitely know of the lure of a fun brand new game but it seems like ten years from now they'll just end up being as old and ho hum as the multiple games you initially traded in for it in the first place so it's almost like perpetually making lateral moves while steadily shrinking your library.

Oh and...

HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY PLAYSTATION!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7xPf28IXkU

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2014, 10:33:47 PM »
True enough, the only game I was thinking of trading in though was GTA V since it's getting rereleased in a little bit anyways heh.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2014, 10:38:53 PM »
Motherfucker, you better get some serious value for that then. Like at least $30 if it's in near mint or better.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »
They'll probably try offering like $10 or some bullshit like when I offered Modern Warfare when it was still relevant, and then the next week I went in and I saw my exact copy sitting on the shelf for like $45.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2014, 10:41:44 PM »
Then don't play their game. At least ebay it and see what comparable condition copies are going for since you'll obviously make more off a private buyer.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2014, 12:14:26 AM »
I will tell you from experience to just wait and to get a physical copy. I myself always prefer physical version of media like this over digital ones. Cause the package comes in and all that stuff. Plus it being more flexible I guess you can say in what you can do with it. Say take somewhere else without having to take the whole console, lend it to someone or more like give it to someone and maybe never see it again, trade it in for something. Also avoiding stupid things like DRM and all that stupid digital rules crap that gets used sometimes.

All in all, physical copies of games I feel like are more worth getting that digital copies.

I'm still not sure if I will end up getting Destiny or not.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

• DT.net Member
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »
I feel fate will decide for you.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2014, 06:30:36 AM »
I would also check out selling it to amazon.  Thier buy back program is better than Gamestop, and getting amazon gift cards in return is worth so much more than Gamestop store credit.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »
PS4 will be brought to the jingle.house by Santa this year.  He'll undoubtedly bring Destiny, Watch Dogs, and The Last of Us.  Maybe even Shadow of Mordor.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2014, 07:25:03 AM »
Honestly, I'd just get Shadows of Mordor as opposed to Watch Dogs, although I'm a sucker for anything Lord of the Rings. It does look like it will be one of the better entries released under the Lord of the Rings name though.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2014, 07:59:46 AM »
PS4 will be brought to the jingle.house by Santa this year.  He'll undoubtedly bring Destiny, Watch Dogs, and The Last of Us.  Maybe even Shadow of Mordor.

Ask him for GTA-V and Little Big Planet 3 as well!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:01 AM »
AND A PONY!!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »
Oh my god I can't wait for this lab to get  over with, have an hour and a half left and I'm all done with everything. Got Destiny on our in between period today but took a nap watching netflix so I didn't get too wrapped up in before lab.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »
I'm just here to say how much I love emulators. I'd much rather the real thing obviously, but my god is it awesome to be able to play foreign games that I wouldn't be able to play even if I owned the systems. I just started a game in Final Fantasy XII Zodiac International Version and it's friggin' awesome to relive the experience I had with one of my favorite RPGs (even if the latter-half was a bit lackluster) but with all these awesome improvements and extras.

It took me a while to get the emulator working optimally but with all the right plug-ins, filters, sound and graphics cards, I've got the emulator looking better than the original. That was my main issue with emulators is usually the gaming experience wasn't as good but with the set up I have now...it's officially better than the real thing considering I'd never be able to play games like these. Final Fantasy X International Version is next and I expect I'll have nostalgiagasm when I get to it. Woot woooooot!  :coolio :azn:

RIP DTP.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2014, 06:09:41 PM »
I'm just here to say how much I love emulators.

That's why PC is the Master Race  :P
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.