Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479305 times)

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »
Damn it Tio, now I have to double my Thanksgiving Weekend budget.  :biggrin:

Edit: or not. It likely will not be available for a while afterwords.   :lol
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:35:32 PM by Randaran »
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2014, 02:13:52 PM »

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »
I won 2048 today for the first time. I now feel a slightly more accomplished human being.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2014, 03:55:50 PM »
So, a new, better, 3DS that will have its own games?

I really think it's too soon to make another handheld. When was the original 3DS released? 3 years ago.

Compare with the PS3 (2006), which was released 6 years after the PS2 (2000).

It just feels too soon.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »
It's not an entirely new handheld, it's essentially what the DSi was to the original DS.

Sure, I don't think there were any games that could only be played on the DSi, but I doubt there will be too many for the new 3DS either.

Anyways, this might make me finally get a 3DS. I need me some Monster Hunter 4.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »
Add me in the tally of excited people for the new 3DS. Haven't bought a 3DS but was close a couple of weeks ago on buying the 3DS XL but am so glad I didn't now. Can't wait to get my hands on this one and the games coming out on it which have me really excited and glad to be getting a Nintendo system again.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2014, 09:46:57 PM »
Rand - Definitely. It will be after 2015 hits, that's about all that's been confirmed for territories outside of Japan though. Japan gets it October 11th. ARRRGHHH! THE HOMELAND!! I SO JELLY!

Buddy - Hellz yes, please do get MH4!! I'm gonna need all the buddies I can get because hardly any of my friends play handhelds anymore. It's going to be so much more fun with the new RAM (MH3's FPS isn't the best on the current set-up, and I have an XL), the new analog-nub and a hell of a lot more battery life. Xenoblades and MH4 are gonna be my most played games next year for sure.

AHHHH I SO EXCITE! This couldn't have come at a more perfect time for me; I was literally going to go out tomorrow and get a new XL. But yeah I do wish we were getting it a bit earlier. Actually...no, I don't. I'm gonna be so broke this holiday season that it'd just be the death of my financials if it came before end-of-year. I WILL go without food or showers if I want a system badly enough, god damn it!  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2014, 10:59:33 PM »
Buddy - Hellz yes, please do get MH4!! I'm gonna need all the buddies I can get because hardly any of my friends play handhelds anymore. It's going to be so much more fun with the new RAM (MH3's FPS isn't the best on the current set-up, and I have an XL), the new analog-nub and a hell of a lot more battery life. Xenoblades and MH4 are gonna be my most played games next year for sure.

Hahaha, sure. :) Do you play MH3:U for the Wii U as well?

And I hope you enjoy Xenoblade. I got it for the Wii about a year ago, and while it can be a bit tedious at times, overall it's an amazing game.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2014, 11:08:21 PM »
Sadly the only 'console' I own is a 3DS. I'm mostly a PC gamer these days. But hopefully I'll be inspired to buy a system sometime soon.

RIP DTP.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2014, 11:32:06 PM »
Not sure how to feel about the "new" 3DS. Excited, but also irritated?  :lol

And I'll say it, I think Xenoblade Chronicles was the best game on the Wii. The story's pretty average as far as RPGs go, but the twists are really good. And the game does epic moments really well. The main draw of the game for me, though, was the beautiful areas you explored. And the interface is so streamlined and convenient to use, it actually made completing sidequests in other games seem way more tedious.

I was the only one of my friends who was excited about Shulk's inclusion in Smash Bros. 4, because I'm the only one of us who actually knows what game he came from.

And the news that the sequels environments will be five times as big? I bonered hard.  ;D
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2014, 12:09:28 AM »
I'm excited for the "new 3ds" but also annoyed.
I got lucky with how early I purchased mine, but it's kind of a dick slap to the face of those who got their 3ds's more recently, I totally get that and agree. It's a complete dick slap to the face but I will gladly buy it because fuck mang, it's nintendo and it will be worth it.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2014, 12:13:08 AM »
It's kind of like the second dick slap for me. I avoided being an early adopter when the system first came out because I expected an XL version like they did with the original DS. And I waited. And waited. And I finally broke and got the thing. The 3DS XL was announced the next week.  :lol And I bought that. Aaaaaaaand here we go again...
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2014, 10:00:20 AM »
After thinking this through a bit more, I realize that I am torn on the issue of the new 3DS. The only 3DS games I am interested in are Pokemon titles, both those already released and forthcoming. Based on my prior experience with the series, a single Pokemon game sucks up so much time that it justifies the price of three or four systems. In addition, the games exclusive to the new 3DS (Xenoblade, for example) are titles that I would rather play on a console than a handheld. Add to this that I can find a used 3DS XL for a much lower price than the new 3DS (a quick search on ebay reveals numerous systems in good condition for under $100), this seems like an easy decision. I already plan on buying a Wii U this holiday season, so adding a new handheld on top of that will be a bit too much. Not money wise, but in terms of time.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2014, 10:21:08 AM »
Go for it! Just keep in mind that there are certainly more titles on the way that will be exclusive to the New3DS. Who knows how many or at what intervals they'll be released but I highly doubt Ninty made a system with more RAM and power capabilities for one game, as beloved as the game may be. If you're cool with that, then hellz yeah, get to catchin' those monsters! I agree, I'm perfectly happy with my 3DSXL (even though I'm definitely upgrading) and I've got about 160 hours on my Pokemon X game. I've never had that amount of hours in any game, even in the past (scratch that, SOCOM 2 I think I had 200+). Suffice it to say, it's worth it if you're a big Pokemon fan like myself; and with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire coming out in November, it's a great time to get started on that X/Y file and then move right on to Ruby/Sapphire! Not to mention trading Pokemon between games is easier than ever these days. It's great, Ninty has pretty damn close to perfecting the "Pokemon world" feeling. It's funny, that's even transitioned into the real world. Tournaments are friggin' awesome these days.

I digress. DO IT!

RIP DTP.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2014, 06:09:19 AM »
In case you missed it in the post-your-pic thread, life-sized Arkham Knight Batmobile was at Fan Expo here in Toronto.  Holy fucking hell, this might have been the highlight of the day.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2014, 06:53:56 AM »
DAYUUUMM that's the most warfare capable batmobile I've seen. That's awesome. This game has a lot to live up to.

RIP DTP.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2014, 12:27:10 PM »
So, Persona 5 is coming to PS3 and PS4 now. Good news for the people that sold off their 3's for a 4.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
Ok I just started " Infamous - Second Son " - and I gotta say the voice acting is pretty darn good.

Especially if you compare it to the original Resident Evil on PS1 :lol

" Stop ! Don't. Open that Door? "

" But Chris is...........?"

" Wow ! What A Mansion..."

" I hope this is not CHRIS is blood ! "

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
What do Infamous and RE1 have to do with one another? Just wondering if there's the same team or voice actors, or if it's just a random comparison. Cause...everything sounds better in comparison to RE1. It's really not saying much at all. Just sayin', if the point was to say SS has good voice acting...  :lol

So, Persona 5 is coming to PS3 and PS4 now. Good news for the people that sold off their 3's for a 4.

This is pretty awesome, and one more bit of motivation for me to get a PS4, though this still isn't nearly enough to justify it...that's about, three or four games I'd wanna play thus far.

RIP DTP.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2014, 02:00:31 PM »
Ok I just started " Infamous - Second Son " - and I gotta say the voice acting is pretty darn good.

Especially if you compare it to the original Resident Evil on PS1 :lol

" Stop ! Don't. Open that Door? "

" But Chris is...........?"

" Wow ! What A Mansion..."

" I hope this is not CHRIS is blood ! "

"You were almost a Jill sandwich!"  :rollin

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »
 :rollin  That game is amazing.

" it was a ...uge....nake "

:lol

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2014, 05:35:21 PM »

This is pretty awesome, and one more bit of motivation for me to get a PS4, though this still isn't nearly enough to justify it...that's about, three or four games I'd wanna play thus far.
Looks like Disgaea 5 is going to be a PS4 exclusive if you're into that.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2014, 03:00:53 AM »
I thought this was kinda fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoIUyCp3dk Young people playing Mike Tyson's Punchout.

Also, being a retro gamer, I just ordered a whole bunch of PS2 games. I found an online swedish shop that sells them for 3.50-7 dollar each. I got overly excited and ordered 20 games.  :lol Here they are:

Prince Of Persia The Sands of Time
Getaway
SSX On Tour
Hitman Blood Money
Mark Of Kri
Oni
Devil May Cry
Micro Machines
Summoner 2
Primal
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Kill Switch
Jak 3
God Of War
Resident Evil 4
Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XII
Lord of the Rings: War of the North
Sagan om Konungens Återkomst (Lord of the rings: Return of the king. That copy had a swedish title for some reason.)
Harry Potter

A good collection of both well-known games and some hidden gems. :)
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2014, 03:09:56 AM »
Forza 5 is a fuck ton of fun

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2014, 03:12:47 AM »
Which Harry Potter is that?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2014, 03:32:53 AM »
I'll have you know I played the Harry Potter Quiddint ch World Cup game tonight  :P

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2014, 03:43:21 AM »
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. :) I have no idea how these Harry Potter games are, so it's gonna be fun finding out.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2014, 03:48:08 AM »
Also, being a retro gamer, I just ordered a whole bunch of PS2 games.

If you were really a retro gamer, you wouldn't have said "retro" and "PS2" in the same sentence. :lol

But for that price, how could you resist? :hat Most of the games I'm interested in are the ones that hold their price, unfortunately.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2014, 03:49:56 AM »
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. :) I have no idea how these Harry Potter games are, so it's gonna be fun finding out.
Ah so this is directed at you.
Chamber of Secrets is great by the way.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2014, 03:56:57 AM »
Also, being a retro gamer, I just ordered a whole bunch of PS2 games.

If you were really a retro gamer, you wouldn't have said "retro" and "PS2" in the same sentence. :lol

But for that price, how could you resist? :hat Most of the games I'm interested in are the ones that hold their price, unfortunately.
Fair enough, I know there's arguments over what is retro and what is not. :lol Maybe I should call myself a game collector instead?

EDIT: Just found out there's a PS2 title called Beat Down - Fists of Vengeance. How could it NOT be awesome with a title like that? :eek

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2014, 04:06:56 AM »
Well, Dragonforce did put out an album called Ultra Beatdown so let's not just run around the county fair throwin blue ribbons at everyone we see.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2014, 04:11:42 AM »
Chamber of Secrets is so goddamn amazing. One of my favourite games ever.

One tip in the game: later on in the game, you'll be collecting Wizard's Cards. You'll find them in the castle, and there's also students selling them. DON'T BUY THEM FROM THE STUDENTS. You can find every card there is in the game, and if you buy one, it just removes it from a place where you could have found it later. If you made it through the game and didn't find all of them, you can still buy the missing ones at the end.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2014, 04:13:38 AM »
Chamber of Secrets is so goddamn amazing. One of my favourite games ever.

One tip in the game: later on in the game, you'll be collecting Wizard's Cards. You'll find them in the castle, and there's also students selling them. DON'T BUY THEM FROM THE STUDENTS. You can find every card there is in the game, and if you buy one, it just removes it from a place where you could have found it later. If you made it through the game it didn't find all of them, you can still buy the missing ones at the end.
This.

Ya know, I really wish they would re amp the quidditch world cup game for the current consoles and would pt the same depth into it as any of their other sports games. Tottally unrealistic I know but it would  be amazing

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2014, 03:29:15 PM »
Currently replaying Tomb Raider III. I had forgotten a) how much fun this is and b) how fucking hard some of these levels are. None of the newer day Tomb Raider games, as much as I love them, even approached this difficulty.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2014, 03:40:04 PM »
Anybody NOT buying Destiny? :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.