Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481384 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4410 on: August 11, 2018, 12:38:45 AM »
I love what they're doing with Doom theses days, making you feel like a badass playing the game. Like you did 20 years ago. The previous Doom was amazing and this looks nothing less.

Doom Eternal

I love the soundtrack but man I can't help wonder what Meshuggah would've done with the soundtrack, seems like the perfect collab.  :omg:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:45:11 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4411 on: August 11, 2018, 05:30:48 AM »
The game play for Doom Eternal is just insane. I can't wait to play.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4412 on: August 11, 2018, 05:47:28 AM »
That looks totally bad ass. I love how the Doom developers completely embrace the hack, slash, rip and tear gaming aesthetic. No high brow story telling for them. Warning: The Slayer has entered the facility!   :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4413 on: August 11, 2018, 07:15:09 AM »
Oh so apparently you can invade random players campaign as a Demon or even in coop with a friend, that's pretty cool.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4414 on: August 11, 2018, 01:11:09 PM »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4415 on: August 11, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »
That's part of the fun of the Doom, it's just ridiculous.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4416 on: August 14, 2018, 08:21:47 PM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4417 on: August 24, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »
I'm a PlayStation Plus member which means I'm eligible to download free games.  Downloaded Mafia III and really enjoying it.  I highly recommend it.  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4418 on: August 24, 2018, 12:52:12 PM »
Square is delisting The Last Remnant for unknown reasons. In other words, you won't be able to buy it on Steam after September 4th. If you've already bought it, you're fine, but for some mysterious reason they're pulling it. I don't understand why they would do that... They're digital copies, they don't have to continue manufacturing it, why would they do that?

I'm baffled because although it didn't sell well and has no shortage of flaws (some inexcusable), I love that game and have played it many times. The battle system is incredible imo, the music and graphics are wonderful. The dialogue and voice acting has problems and the story is... well, passable, but there's nothing so bad that requires its removal from the market.

It's $10 on Steam. Please give it a purchase if you have never played it. It's very frustrating at times and has a lot of problems but the battle system makes it worth checking out especially for $10.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4419 on: August 24, 2018, 02:38:41 PM »
Usually when I see games delisted it’s probably because some form rights contract is expiring. I’ve heard a few games being delisted just because the music usage rights expired.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4420 on: August 24, 2018, 03:02:14 PM »
Usually when I see games delisted it’s probably because some form rights contract is expiring. I’ve heard a few games being delisted just because the music usage rights expired.

That's such a shame. I'm wondering if that's what's going on here, although I can't think of anything that would be a rights issue - every last thing in the game is wholly Square Enix owned, as far as I'm aware, with no third party material or licensed graphics/music/etc. in the game. :(
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4421 on: August 24, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »
Just dusted off Dota 2, I never played a lot and was always shit but I had a good time playing.

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #4422 on: August 27, 2018, 07:25:36 AM »
walmart had mario odyssey and zelda breath of the wild on sale for 45 a piece. i picked up both of them over the weekend. next weekend i'll actually get the console. in the meantime i'm going to go back and play god of war new game + so i'm distracted from those games sitting on my shelf

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4423 on: August 27, 2018, 07:33:16 AM »
Damn that’s a good deal, maybe I should pick it up too.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4424 on: August 27, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
Streets of rage 4 just announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bgPefCyfA

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4425 on: August 27, 2018, 01:41:13 PM »

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #4426 on: August 27, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »
Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal - 48min walkthrough

Holy shit!

Speechless! Can't believe how good this looks! My XB1 is going to implode when I boot up this for the first time. :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4427 on: August 27, 2018, 02:05:49 PM »
That footage looks awesome. Hopefully it comes out with-in the next year or so. That might be wishful thinking

Does anyone have any idea if they gave any time of release estimate?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:33:14 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4428 on: August 27, 2018, 07:48:57 PM »
The big estimate is 7.7.2020 (get it?!! 2077???) but with this game play release I think it might be sooner, they seem fairly confident in their product.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4429 on: August 28, 2018, 02:06:33 AM »
That game looks spectacular. 

Work was really slow and I was pretty bored in the evening so I spent a lot of time watching a lot of the top streamers all play SCUM yesterday for what seemed like a special showcase of the game before open beta I guess?  Anyway, I wasn't crazy about the game but it did look pretty cool.  What it and Cyberpunk reminded me though was that after a long lull of interesting games, we are finally starting to see some releases coming up that get me excited. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4430 on: August 28, 2018, 06:45:35 AM »
Add me to the Cyberpunk 2077 hype train. Looks amazing and I only imagine that it will look even better at release.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4432 on: August 28, 2018, 07:42:06 AM »
Oh man... that Cyberpunk footage. I can see myself sinking a ton of hours into that game.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4433 on: August 28, 2018, 09:10:28 AM »
I must be the only person on the planet not feeling anything from that footage. Watched 20 minutes and skimmed through the rest. Oh well.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4434 on: August 28, 2018, 09:33:33 AM »
I can only speak for myself but since the teaser trailer in 2013, too actually finally see some proper gameplay is pretty exciting. Then again I totally get how hype can ruin things but atleast too me it looks exciting and also, atleast a year away from any form of release so i'm sure things will improve.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4435 on: August 28, 2018, 10:22:23 AM »
Okay, that was cool! I'll probably play it.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4436 on: August 28, 2018, 10:54:18 AM »
I must be the only person on the planet not feeling anything from that footage. Watched 20 minutes and skimmed through the rest. Oh well.
Same, feels like a boneless Deus Ex, plus neon.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #4437 on: August 28, 2018, 11:31:20 AM »

I only briefly started the game when it was free, but is Dues Ex open world or an RPG?
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4438 on: August 28, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »

I only briefly started the game when it was free, but is Dues Ex open world or an RPG?

Combo of both, I really enjoyed the Dues Ex series and that clip for Cyberpunk definitely gave me Dues Ex vibes, but with a potential to be better.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4439 on: August 28, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »
Deus Ex is one of the many games I never finished.  I'm terrible that way.  :facepalm:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4440 on: August 28, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/9b1gey/almost/

This is cool, for those that play fortnite.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #4441 on: September 03, 2018, 09:04:08 AM »
Yeah, Cyberpunk gave me Dues Ex vibes. But Deus Ex is more like a collection of hub towns with mission areas, rather than full on open world.  I was really impressed with Cyberpunk. But as with other (roleplaying) open world games, I think it is difficult to demo. Usually these games revolve around immersing yourself in a world and giving you the freedom to make your mark. Footage of some dude playing it for 40 minutes or so isn't going to give you that feeling.

That said, those who haven't played Deus Ex should check out Human Revolution (and it's sequel Mankind Dividided is very cool too in my opinion, but is overall seen as the lesser game).

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4442 on: September 03, 2018, 10:16:10 AM »
On the last mission in Mankind Divided right now. I don't play many games in that genre so I don't know how they stack up to their counterparts, but they are definitely fun, well-crafted games with an interesting story and intuitive game-play. 

Below is a short video about the brilliance of Mankind Divided's world design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USVr936aKzs
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #4443 on: September 04, 2018, 08:23:50 AM »
Got the switch over the weekend! at first i wasnt sure if i would like the console. the hardware outside of the actual tablet seemed cheap and flimsy compared to my ps4. once i got it plugged in thought i didnt even care. I have zelda and mario. I put in mario first for the kids and i havent even thought about zelda yet. its that good.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4444 on: September 04, 2018, 09:48:50 AM »
Got the switch over the weekend! at first i wasnt sure if i would like the console. the hardware outside of the actual tablet seemed cheap and flimsy compared to my ps4. once i got it plugged in thought i didnt even care. I have zelda and mario. I put in mario first for the kids and i havent even thought about zelda yet. its that good.

All it needs is the handheld attachment to have a charge port. Other than that, its great. Haven't gotten to use the portability though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD