Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481140 times)

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4235 on: April 28, 2018, 07:48:29 AM »
Honestly, until Far Cry 5 I'd scarcely touched the thing since The Witcher. It's essentially spent the last three years being a blu ray player

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4236 on: April 28, 2018, 11:57:55 AM »
Send me yours so I can play God of War
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #4237 on: April 28, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »
Once I've finished it and Red Dead 2 maybe...

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #4238 on: April 28, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »
I would really love to play Horizon; Bloodborne; The Last Guardian; Yakuza 0 and 6

That is definitely a list worth playing. In terms of exclusives, I'd also recommend Until Dawn (in my opinion the best in it's genre), Ratchet and Clank, Infamous Second Son, Uncharted Lost Legacy, and Uncharted 4. And the Shadow of the Colossus remake is, in my opinion, fantastic. Wouldn't mind more ps2 remakes like that.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4239 on: April 28, 2018, 04:23:44 PM »
And Persona 5 :metal

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4240 on: April 28, 2018, 05:01:48 PM »
Yeah, persona 5 is pretty sweet.

But anywho, anyone that has xbox 1 and likes the old battlefronts, both Star wars Battlefront 1 and 2 have been made backward compatible and are only $9.99

I am having a hell of a lot of fun. I forgot how good they were.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4241 on: April 28, 2018, 10:28:40 PM »
Honestly, until Far Cry 5 I'd scarcely touched the thing since The Witcher. It's essentially spent the last three years being a blu ray player

Then I would consider you more of a movie buff than a gamer.  I have way more games than movies.  I’m a gamer.  That’s what I do.  I game. :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #4242 on: April 29, 2018, 03:14:25 AM »

Then I would consider you more of a movie buff than a gamer.  I have way more games than movies.  I’m a gamer.  That’s what I do.  I game. :2metal:

O...k.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4243 on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:42 AM »
Uh yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.  :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #4244 on: May 02, 2018, 05:48:58 AM »
Recently finished God of War. The story is much smaller in scale than I anticipated, coming from previous entries. It is a powerful arc about a highly troubled father with a lot of skeletons in his closet (to put it mildly) bonding with his son. And the overall themes of family are pulled of really well. Initially I was a bit dissapointed that the story wasn't going in the direction I anticipated, but the story kept lingering in my head the last couple of days. I love the characters and world they have built a lot. Can't wait for the sequel.

Gameplaywise, it is one of my favourites of all time. Accessible yet deep combat, fun to perform puzzles (even the really simple ones are just fun to do), non-intrusive/blaoted RPG elements, great pacing overall. Graphics are insane, audio is great, soundtrack is sublime. And some of the optional content is great as well.

My issues are:
-Some recycled bosses are a tad too much the same. The combat is fantastic so it never becomes really bothersome though. What is a bit odd is that there is a fantastic boss type exclusive to the sidecontent that they reuse (logically, as per the plot of that sidequest) but do so in a really great way, so this game shows it can be done better than they do in the actual storyline.
-I wish in terms of mythology lore they kept the focus on certain aspects a bit broader. Most of the lore focuses on the involvment of certain characters.
-One of the realms is not visually appealing at all. It makes sense, but I just hate being there.
-I want a sequel right now....  :sad:

Overall, a fantastic game worthy of it's praise.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4245 on: May 03, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
Recently finished God of War. The story is much smaller in scale than I anticipated, coming from previous entries. It is a powerful arc about a highly troubled father with a lot of skeletons in his closet (to put it mildly) bonding with his son. And the overall themes of family are pulled of really well. Initially I was a bit dissapointed that the story wasn't going in the direction I anticipated, but the story kept lingering in my head the last couple of days. I love the characters and world they have built a lot. Can't wait for the sequel.

Gameplaywise, it is one of my favourites of all time. Accessible yet deep combat, fun to perform puzzles (even the really simple ones are just fun to do), non-intrusive/blaoted RPG elements, great pacing overall. Graphics are insane, audio is great, soundtrack is sublime. And some of the optional content is great as well.

My issues are:
-Some recycled bosses are a tad too much the same. The combat is fantastic so it never becomes really bothersome though. What is a bit odd is that there is a fantastic boss type exclusive to the sidecontent that they reuse (logically, as per the plot of that sidequest) but do so in a really great way, so this game shows it can be done better than they do in the actual storyline.
-I wish in terms of mythology lore they kept the focus on certain aspects a bit broader. Most of the lore focuses on the involvment of certain characters.
-One of the realms is not visually appealing at all. It makes sense, but I just hate being there.
-I want a sequel right now....  :sad:

Overall, a fantastic game worthy of it's praise.

I'm still playing and absolutely love it.  That's a great review and I totally agree with some of your issues.  Although, I can't imagine any realm in this game not being visually appealing.  Must be a realm I haven't been to yet.  I find myself doing more side quest activity than progressing through the story cause I don't want it to end.  God of War is still my favorite franchise.  Sony really hit the jackpot with this one.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4246 on: May 05, 2018, 09:58:49 PM »
I just bought FrostPunk from the creators of “this war of mine” and I’m really enjoying it so far. The game is very nice to look at and fairly rich in gameplay. Anyone who is into suffer simulators check it out.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4247 on: May 06, 2018, 08:54:12 AM »
I've been playing a hacked version of Pokemon Blue... Adds 103 new Pokemon and a bunch of moves up through gen 6 (XYORAS games), 4 difficulty options (so the first encounter with Gary, on difficulty #3, he has level 18 Pokemon already). Full color, option to use Gold/Silver or Red/Blue sprites, even some new music and in-game options, like the daycare center is now a high level battle arena. The trainers and gym leaders have different Pokemon in this difficulty, too. It's called Red/Blue DX, really awesome how they've taken newer Pokemon and turned them into Red/Blue style sprites and poses. (Shroomish from gen 3 looks, hilariously, exactly like he would have in gen 1 - even bigger and uglier).

That's pretty much all Nintendo has to do to get my money so I hope the rumors of a gen 1 reboot on Switch are true

Back to your regularly scheduled discussion  :corn
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4248 on: May 11, 2018, 04:17:10 PM »
Got The Black Watchmen, The Talos Principle, and Rain World yesterday. Started the first two, and been having a blast so far. The former is a little annoying at times, since it's an ARG meant to be played in seasons, in real time and along with other people and interacting with the real world, so a few puzzles are too obscure sometimes. On the other hand, Talos is very nice, I'm loving the philosophical nature of it and the puzzles are inventive. Really curious to see where this goes.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4249 on: May 11, 2018, 04:20:39 PM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4250 on: May 11, 2018, 05:07:37 PM »
They screwed it up. Shaq fu aint no brawler. Its a fighting game and believe it or not I got a decent amount of enjoyment out of it back in 94

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4251 on: May 11, 2018, 06:25:26 PM »
They screwed it up. Shaq fu aint no brawler. Its a fighting game and believe it or not I got a decent amount of enjoyment out of it back in 94

From what I remember I had a good time too.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4252 on: May 14, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »
Just got Wolfenstein II

If is hilarious and fun. I love it.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #4253 on: May 16, 2018, 01:17:06 PM »
Finished Witcher 3 earlier this year, with the expansions, then finished Mass Effect Andromeda, which was shorter than I expected. I enjoyed it but it wasn’t great. Now on with Assassins Creed Origins. After a slow start it’s picking up.

God of War is pretty good then?

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4254 on: May 16, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »
God of War is pretty good then?

Way better than good.  Nothing else could've kept me from playing the Destiny 2 Expansion II release.  GoW is game of the decade so far for me.  :tup :hefdaddy

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4255 on: May 17, 2018, 09:27:56 AM »
I rebought Morrowind since it just recently became playable on Xbox One.

Holy shit, does it look ROUGH... Not in my wildest dreams do I remember it looking this bad. At the time it blew my mind though and I got lost in that game for months. Its hard going back too now. Reading all that written dialogue is like doing homework, but I still think its my favorite Elder scrolls.

I am really spoiled by modern day gaming.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4256 on: May 17, 2018, 09:25:27 PM »
Yea I started replaying morrowind a year ago and it looked rough too but the pc version has some great mod packs to enhance the visuals. One thing I completely forgot was how empty the cities are. They felt so alive years ago.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4257 on: May 17, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »
Mike with Cinemassacre was playing Diablo so I found my copy and am playing through it now. Good times.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4258 on: May 19, 2018, 06:51:25 AM »
I just finished the first scenario in "FrostPunk" what an emotional rollercoaster.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4259 on: May 21, 2018, 12:29:03 PM »
I reinstalled Guild Wars for the third time in 2 years this weekend because I got a strange itch to play an MMO... then after I created my character I got bored and quit, again. I guess I just feel like I'm wasting time playing MMOs now.

A second friend of mine who hasn't been a Nintendo gamer since, well, ever, has sold his XBox and got a Switch though :)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #4260 on: May 21, 2018, 01:53:51 PM »
MMOs are glorified skinner boxes always lacking in depth and designed to waste your time so yeah
Guess who's replaying Mario Odyssey instead of playing something new btw

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4261 on: May 21, 2018, 02:24:02 PM »
MMOs are glorified skinner boxes always lacking in depth and designed to waste your time so yeah
Guess who's replaying Mario Odyssey instead of playing something new btw

I mean, every game ever is designed to waste your time, and I've played MMOs with depth - it's more that I played them for over a decade, religiously, and think I'm blown any chance at finding fun in them again. I put over 725 hours into Breath of the Wild so wasting time isn't exactly my concern :neverusethis:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4262 on: May 24, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »
Not sure if any people followed TotalBiscuit but he unfortunately passed away today. RIP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4263 on: May 24, 2018, 06:45:23 PM »
Not sure if any people followed TotalBiscuit but he unfortunately passed away today. RIP.

Whoa what? I know the name but nothing about him... That's awful. Condolences to his family, friends, and fans.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4264 on: May 24, 2018, 07:34:36 PM »

I'm a sad dude.  He looked to be a cool dude.  Loved his voice in his videos and in his twitch streams.  Loved his no-nonsense no-BS opinions about anything in the gaming industry.  I know his wife tweets some pictures/videos of their dogs and I know TotalBiscuit is a huge dog lover and there were times where he was retweeting a lot of dog pics for the sake of getting some positivity.  I know he was a wrestling fan and saw some house shows in the North Carolina area in recent years and always enjoyed them.  He's a huge fan of metal as well.  I think he went to the 70k tons of metal cruise for a few years and rooted for the success of the Bloodstock Open Air festival in his home country of the UK.  He was an Iron Maiden fan as well and saw them in the times when they were in Charlotte, North Carolina for Maiden England and the Book of Souls tour.

In his overall fight with cancer, he never felt down about the whole thing and wanted to be as positive as possible for any attempts to either beat this thing or spend the rest of his remaining days with his family without any stress getting to him.  He will be sorely missed.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4265 on: May 25, 2018, 03:36:26 AM »
Oh that's so sad, I knew he fought cancer. He seemed like a nice and honest guy, the stuff I saw with him.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4266 on: May 29, 2018, 08:17:12 AM »
Been playing Witcher 3 for the last few months and I just completed the main story. Unfortunately I got the "bad" ending but it was still an amazing game. I've already completed the Hearts of Stone expansion and just started Blood and Wine. I'm close to being burnt out on the game so I'm probably just going to do the main story of blood and wine and call it a day. AMAZING game.

Online Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #4267 on: May 30, 2018, 01:44:11 AM »
Been playing Witcher 3 for the last few months and I just completed the main story. Unfortunately I got the "bad" ending but it was still an amazing game. I've already completed the Hearts of Stone expansion and just started Blood and Wine. I'm close to being burnt out on the game so I'm probably just going to do the main story of blood and wine and call it a day. AMAZING game.
Man, Hearts of Stone was such a good expansion. I loved the story there WAY more the main quest, and I though that was awesome as well!
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4268 on: May 30, 2018, 02:55:37 AM »
I found the Hearts of Stone story a bit silly for quite a while, but damn the way it came together towards the end was fantastic.

I'm on Blood & Wine now, having completed the main game. Everything about the game is just so immersive.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4269 on: May 30, 2018, 07:17:58 AM »
I had to stop a couple of hours into Blood and Wine. After 115 hours I'm just burnt out and I wasn't enjoying it. May come back one day to finish it but I need to move on. Started season 2 of the TellTale Batman series and then will move on to the Battlefront 2 campaign and then Far Cry 5.