Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481554 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #4060 on: March 01, 2018, 09:13:31 AM »
Do you feel one would have to play through the witcher 2 to enjoy the witcher 3?

I never played 1 or 2. Started with Witcher 3 and I love it

Online Polarbear

« Reply #4061 on: March 01, 2018, 09:40:20 AM »
Do you feel one would have to play through the witcher 2 to enjoy the witcher 3?

Same with me.

Started with Witcher 3 and now I'm in the process of buying all the books. I kinda hope that Witcher 2 becomes backwards compatible with X1, so i could play it.

I got the Game of the Year edition about a year ago, and I'm already on my second playthrough. More I think about it, the more I think it's the best game I've ever played.

Kinda off topic, but I'm pretty excited about the Witcher Netflix show that is in production right now. Can't wait for it to come out!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:45:50 AM by Polarbear »

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4062 on: March 01, 2018, 10:38:17 AM »
Just read that Burnout Paradise is getting a remaster and will include all the DLC of the original one  :metal

Always thought it was a shame what happened to that franchise.

Online kaos2900

« Reply #4063 on: March 01, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »

Same with me.

Started with Witcher 3 and now I'm in the process of buying all the books. I kinda hope that Witcher 2 becomes backwards compatible with X1, so i could play it.

I got the Game of the Year edition about a year ago, and I'm already on my second playthrough. More I think about it, the more I think it's the best game I've ever played.

Kinda off topic, but I'm pretty excited about the Witcher Netflix show that is in production right now. Can't wait for it to come out!

The Witcher 2 just got the Xbox 1x enhanced experience. $20 in the game store.  Sounds like there is no need to play through 2 and that from a story perspective the books are the better source for lore and that from a game perspective 3 is ridiculously better than 2 and 1. I think I'm going to jump in to 3 tonight.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4064 on: March 01, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »

Same with me.

The Witcher 2 just got the Xbox 1x enhanced experience. $20 in the game store.  Sounds like there is no need to play through 2 and that from a story perspective the books are the better source for lore and that from a game perspective 3 is ridiculously better than 2 and 1. I think I'm going to jump in to 3 tonight.

Hell yeah. I can't wait to hear what you think

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4065 on: March 01, 2018, 12:30:24 PM »
Tax return came today, so I'm thinking about treating myself to Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 on the Switch. I just wish I could get both physically. I could buy 2 physically and get 1 digitally, but that would annoy me, so I'd like to get both digitally. But then my buddy who just got a Switch might want to borrow 2 if I had it physical. I don't like waffling between physical and digital with a console so this is kind of an irrational dilemma for me.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #4066 on: March 01, 2018, 12:53:45 PM »
I've been playing a bit of Bayonetta on the Switch and I'm enjoying it a lot, it's extremely silly and fun

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4067 on: March 01, 2018, 01:02:35 PM »
I've been playing a bit of Bayonetta on the Switch and I'm enjoying it a lot, it's extremely silly and fun

I heard one of them comes with DLC costumes for Link, Samus, and I believe Peach. Is that true?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline busty sinclair

« Reply #4068 on: March 01, 2018, 01:54:04 PM »
I finally got the DLC for fallout 4 so i've been exploring the wasteland again.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4069 on: March 02, 2018, 05:01:07 AM »
Just read that Burnout Paradise is getting a remaster and will include all the DLC of the original one  :metal

Always thought it was a shame what happened to that franchise.

I cannot wait to play some burnout paradise. I used to love the shit out of that game.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #4070 on: March 02, 2018, 06:01:29 AM »

I heard one of them comes with DLC costumes for Link, Samus, and I believe Peach. Is that true?

And Daisy too!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4071 on: March 04, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »
Holding off on buying Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 til I finish listening to all the music I bought over the weekend. I'm using it as my excuse to save that $60... but it'll get spent this week anyway. Also played the Kirby Star Allies demo - very fun, predictably Kirby (in the best way), looking forward to buying it.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4072 on: March 05, 2018, 06:57:16 AM »
Picked up South Park The Fractured Butt Whole on sale on Amazon last week and started playing last night.  Seems exactly like the Stick of Truth so I'll enjoy it.

Online kaos2900

« Reply #4073 on: March 05, 2018, 09:41:21 AM »
I'm a few hours into Witcher 3 and this game is going to consume my life for a long time. Love it from the start.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4074 on: March 05, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »
I'm a few hours into Witcher 3 and this game is going to consume my life for a long time. Love it from the start.
I've put so many hours in already, and I'm still in "Act 1". :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4075 on: March 05, 2018, 11:07:49 AM »

Yeah, that's pretty much what i was expecting you would say  :lol

It was exactly the same with me. That game re-defines the open world experience. Depth like I've never seen before and beautiful ass graphics.

Online Polarbear

« Reply #4076 on: March 07, 2018, 03:42:58 AM »

It was exactly the same with me. That game re-defines the open world experience. Depth like I've never seen before and beautiful ass graphics.

It took me something like 5-6 months to complete the main story, plus a shitload of side quests. Another 2 for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. ;D There is a lot to do in this game.

And once I was done, I started another play through on higher difficulty.

Oh, and just wait until you get to Skellige. IMO the most beautiful open world zone in any video game ever.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #4077 on: March 07, 2018, 05:11:07 AM »
Still unsure of why everyone in Skellige is Northern Irish, but that's ok.

The Witcher 3 is awesome. One of the best games of the decade.

Online kaos2900

« Reply #4078 on: March 07, 2018, 07:16:08 AM »

It took me something like 5-6 months to complete the main story, plus a shitload of side quests. Another 2 for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. ;D There is a lot to do in this game.

And once I was done, I started another play through on higher difficulty.

Oh, and just wait until you get to Skellige. IMO the most beautiful open world zone in any video game ever.

Wow, that is a long game! The only other games I planned on getting this year were Far Cry 5, Red Dead Redemption, and Tomb Raider 3. I'm guessing it's going to be a while before I get to any of those.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4079 on: March 07, 2018, 07:26:17 AM »
I should give Witcher 3 another shot... it's a freaking beautiful game and the character development/interaction is fantastic, but I just couldn't continue playing (on PC) due to the horrible controls, menus, and UI. Also I got lost every 20 feet because you can't see very far - spoiled by Zelda again, since I didn't play it until middle of last year. I really want to love it. Would I be able to power through the story and not do any side stuff? I feel like if I go through the story and then come back at the end and do everything I'd be able to appreciate it more and absorb more of the world. But those problems are massive, Geralt controls in a way I don't find enjoyable...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4080 on: March 08, 2018, 03:37:31 PM »
Nintendo just had their direct. I can't believe it - no info on Fire Emblem, but they confirmed at the end that Smash Bros. is coming this year, with Inkling as a character. That just made my week. I can't wait to finally have Smash again.

Plus Dark Souls Remastered, Octopath Traveler is coming in July (right around when I guessed it would, yay), Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, and South Park. And we're not even at E3 yet. Very happy!

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #4081 on: March 08, 2018, 03:38:37 PM »
Though there was nothing in that Direct that appealed to me (maybe Undertale), it was still a good sign for Nintendo's 3rd party support. Good stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4082 on: March 08, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
Not a Smash fan, gan? Say it ain't so!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4083 on: March 08, 2018, 05:28:17 PM »
I have been a Nintendo fanboy since the NES and never cared for the Smash games. But I never got in to tournament fighter games at all.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4084 on: March 08, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »
I played the shit out of N64 smash brothers, but never played to much of the others. I'll probably buy this new one though.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #4085 on: March 08, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »
Not a Smash fan, gan? Say it ain't so!

I'm fairly indifferent these days. Played Melee to death with my cousins back in the day; that one hit at the perfect time. Just never had much interest in them single player, and I don't have anybody to play with anymore. I guess if more people I know end up with Switches I could get back into it in a bigger way. I got the Wii U one out of habit more than anything and put all of about 5 hours into it...

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4086 on: March 09, 2018, 04:26:40 AM »
I lost all interest in Smash once they released the smash ball in Brawl. Everyone always wanted to play with it, and I thought it completely ruined the game.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #4087 on: March 09, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
Has anybody here played Doki Doki Literature Club?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #4088 on: March 09, 2018, 05:25:00 PM »
Humans can try.
But that's about it.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4089 on: March 09, 2018, 07:51:32 PM »
For anyone who has been interested in Sea of Thieves the final beta is this weekend so you can try it for free

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4090 on: March 09, 2018, 08:02:22 PM »

Yeah I have. I enjoyed it. Great surprises as well.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4091 on: March 09, 2018, 10:20:50 PM »
Great Nintendo Direct and I still play my Switch pretty regularly, but now I'll be playing it every other day I'm sure. I really, reaaaaalllly want to be excited about Smash but having been a devout and addicted fan since the first, I'm about burnt out on the format. I'll definitely still buy it at some point just to try it out (if the reception is good enough), but the small amount of friends I have now don't have time for games as most of them have families of their own now and don't play games much. Online is okay, but it's one of those games that just shines when you're playing with your friends sitting next to you. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have my memories from now on with that stuff, at least for a while.

If they tighten up the gameplay a bit (I'm certainly not hoping for pre-Brawl type format, but a bit less floaty would be nice) and make some great roster additions (the main appeal, for me), I'll certainly give it a try. I played the 3DS version for about a month on and off before giving it up for good and never looked back sooo... eh.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #4092 on: March 10, 2018, 04:32:56 AM »

Freaked the Hell out of me and I've been too scared to go back to it

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4093 on: March 10, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »
For Smash, it would be nice if they radically changed the roster for this. Since they're going with BOTW Link and apparently Samus looks like she does in the remake of Samus Returns that came out last year, I hope they do some more stuff like that. Make Ganondorf look like Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf with that epic long red hair, too. And give us another Zelda and Donkey Kong character.

After waffling for a few months and sleeping on it, I'm downloading Fire Emblem Warriors with its DLC right now. Yay.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4094 on: March 10, 2018, 06:41:29 PM »
Knights of the Old Republic fans.... the original is one of my favorite games of all time. I started playing KoToR2 a while back but life got in the way and I abandoned it fairly early on. I am in need of a new game and before buying a new one, I am contemplating getting back in to this one. Thoughts?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'