Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479217 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3675 on: October 26, 2017, 09:56:12 AM »
Mario Odyssey is getting 10s. One more day! I've been on a Mario binge lately and I would love a remastered Mario 64 for the switch.

I'd do terrible, awful things for a remastered/HD Mario 64 for the Switch. The reviews for Odyssey are sending my already high hype levels through the roof.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3676 on: October 26, 2017, 05:27:37 PM »
Just bought Mario. Its all pre-downloaded and ready to go. Can't wait for it to go live.

These scores seem pretty damn good. I shall find out for myself shortly.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:47:49 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3677 on: October 26, 2017, 06:20:37 PM »
Anyone excited for Wolfenstein II? I really enjoyed The New Order and Old Blood.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3678 on: October 26, 2017, 07:18:20 PM »
Mario Odyssey is getting 10s. One more day! I've been on a Mario binge lately and I would love a remastered Mario 64 for the switch.

I'm pretty certain my GF got me a switch for christmas so I can't wait to check out Mario if that's the case.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3679 on: October 27, 2017, 12:07:31 AM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3680 on: October 27, 2017, 05:49:47 AM »
That's much more impressive than my digital download, lol.

Got to play a little bit of it this morning. So far its really solid. Probably my favorite game on the Switch besides breath of the wild. I plan on playing the crap out of mario tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:01:55 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3681 on: October 27, 2017, 07:44:42 AM »
Anyone excited for Wolfenstein II? I really enjoyed The New Order and Old Blood.

I just finished the Old Blood was planning on play the new order this week but with Mario coming out it's going to have to wait. I thought the Old Blood was okay so if I really like The New Order I'll pick up II once it's on sale. I've heard the story for both II and The New Order are really good and that's primarily why I play games.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3682 on: October 27, 2017, 08:57:45 AM »
I've played The New Order and liked it a lot.  Haven't played Old Blood yet.  So, not sure I'll get The New Colossus right away.  Too many games.  Not enough hours in the day.   :mehlin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3683 on: October 27, 2017, 09:59:08 AM »
Noooo kidding. I did good for a while and finished a lot of games I'd bought and left not even halfway complete for a while but now the backlog is real again.  :lol Nice "problem" to have, no doubt; but at some point I also feel like I'm wasting money. Except they always call to me. Those damn beautiful siren games.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3684 on: October 27, 2017, 01:43:07 PM »
Mario Odyssey looks worth buying a switch for, dang

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3685 on: October 27, 2017, 02:23:06 PM »
It's probably gonna be the Mario of the decade and then some. The 80s had 1 and 3 (sorry, fans of SMB2 but even if it's good [which I'm not arguing against] it wasn't the original and also didn't blow the doors off like 3), the 90s had SMW and 64, the 00s had the Galaxies, and this is the first one since Galaxy 2 to hit the ground running and dare anyone to review it negatively.

From what little I've seen (first two worlds only), this could be a new template for them to work with for easily 1 or 2 more main line Mario games before it even begins to seem redundant or lazy. After the safeness of the "New" series, it's excellent to see them really trying new ideas and executing as well as they have. No knock on the New SMB series either. It's very fun at times but still had a lot of room for where they could've appealed to 2D Mario fans but in a more original and captivating manner.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3686 on: October 27, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »
Noooo kidding. I did good for a while and finished a lot of games I'd bought and left not even halfway complete for a while but now the backlog is real again.  :lol Nice "problem" to have, no doubt; but at some point I also feel like I'm wasting money. Except they always call to me. Those damn beautiful siren games.

Oh dude!  I got it bad.  Really bad.  It's like bags of potato chips in the pantry.  Next thing you know, there's a bunch of unfinished bags.  Only difference is, chips are cheaper.  :lol :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3687 on: October 27, 2017, 07:53:10 PM »
It's probably gonna be the Mario of the decade and then some. The 80s had 1 and 3 (sorry, fans of SMB2 but even if it's good [which I'm not arguing against] it wasn't the original and also didn't blow the doors off like 3), the 90s had SMW and 64, the 00s had the Galaxies, and this is the first one since Galaxy 2 to hit the ground running and dare anyone to review it negatively.

From what little I've seen (first two worlds only), this could be a new template for them to work with for easily 1 or 2 more main line Mario games before it even begins to seem redundant or lazy. After the safeness of the "New" series, it's excellent to see them really trying new ideas and executing as well as they have. No knock on the New SMB series either. It's very fun at times but still had a lot of room for where they could've appealed to 2D Mario fans but in a more original and captivating manner.

I'm in the frozen dessert. Still really digging the game. There's just so much to do and the 2d parts are really cool

Now I would love to see 64 and sunshine get released on virtual console. I would snatch them up in a heartbeart.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3688 on: October 27, 2017, 08:49:57 PM »
I hate that I want the Switch just to play Zelda, Mario and Metroid Prime 4.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3689 on: October 27, 2017, 08:51:34 PM »
I hate that I want the Switch just to play Zelda, Mario and Metroid Prime 4.

It's Mario and Zelda for me. Thats all I'd likely play.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3690 on: October 27, 2017, 08:57:14 PM »
Well, I popped Zelda out of my Switch for the first time since launch day. And I'm so damn happy with Odyssey I could shed a tear. :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3691 on: October 28, 2017, 03:41:11 AM »

Well I bought the damn thing and it won't run on my pc. Missing some 'vulcan-1.dll file' or something. grumble.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3692 on: October 28, 2017, 03:44:13 AM »
When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers? Try updating those. What card do you have?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3693 on: October 28, 2017, 04:20:34 AM »
Well, I popped Zelda out of my Switch for the first time since launch day. And I'm so damn happy with Odyssey I could shed a tear. :)

Same on all accounts :lol

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #3694 on: October 28, 2017, 06:45:17 AM »
When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers? Try updating those. What card do you have?

Nvidea GForce GTX-960 and it says the works fine.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3695 on: October 28, 2017, 07:04:25 AM »

I don't know what you mean, but I'd recommend downloading the latest nvidia driver anyway.

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #3696 on: October 28, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »

As stated before, I'm not much a Mario guy. But Odyssey is so damn creative. Finished the story about half an hour ago but, like Zelda, there's a whole lot left to do. Unlike Zelda, I don't know how much of it I can be bothered with

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3697 on: October 28, 2017, 09:26:37 AM »
Already, gan?! Holy crap. I've been watching Stranger Things since last night so I've barely made any progress in the first world. I'm 100%ing the hell out of this but there's no way I'll come anywhere close to the playtime I have in Zelda :P

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #3698 on: October 28, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »
Yep, I fairly blitzed it... It's probably close to being as stuffed with content as Zelda though so most people will get their money's worth

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3699 on: October 28, 2017, 01:29:32 PM »
so i just ordered a switch & mario odyssey

making bad decisions o'clock

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3700 on: October 28, 2017, 02:12:09 PM »
so i just ordered a switch & mario odyssey

making bad decisions o'clock

Honestly, I really love having the switch and this is a good time to get one. Some decent games are out or just about to come out.

1. Zelda
2. Splatoon 2
3. Mario Odyssey
4. Doom
5. Skyrim
6. Xenoblade chronicles 2
7. Rocket league
8. Wolfenstein II

And hopefully the Virtual console will drop in the next couple months as well.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3701 on: October 29, 2017, 10:32:10 AM »
My friends and I just spent 10 minutes assigning Goodfellas quotes to various pictures I've taken in Mario Odyssey's photo mode.  :lol

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3702 on: October 29, 2017, 11:25:41 AM »
I beat mario odyssey today. It was a decent game but I don't think its 10/10.

I bought it on a friday and had beaten it by sunday morning. Now all I am doing is collecting moons, and personally I don't find that to be all that much fun. I also found it to be very easy.

Like I said above, its a decent game, but not the end all be all, greatest mario ever imo.

Now compare that to breath of the wild, where it took weeks to even scratch the surface and months to really dig deep into the game and to this day I can still have fun with it. And it was challenging.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:47:57 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #3703 on: October 29, 2017, 12:18:53 PM »
Probably just because I kind of suck at platformers in general but I thought Odyssey was actually a bit harder than Zelda... Zelda is tough at the beginning but if you upgrade sensibly it quickly becomes a bit too easy, even on master mode. Weirdly backward difficulty curve in that one but I suppose it's as difficult as you make it

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #3704 on: October 29, 2017, 01:00:26 PM »

I don't know what you mean, but I'd recommend downloading the latest nvidia driver anyway.

Yeah sorry. Left out the word drivers. Turns out Nvidea drivers are not so compatible with Windows 10 pro. They're working on some hotfix patch, it seems. Fingers crossed, ey?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3705 on: October 29, 2017, 10:08:52 PM »
That sucks. Hopefully they get that sorted out soon.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #3706 on: October 30, 2017, 12:15:30 AM »
So I feel like this will go down as one of the all time great video game songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhciLj5VzOk
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3707 on: October 30, 2017, 05:14:54 AM »
Anyone play RimWorld? I've had it my steam library for ages and I started a game last night, I wish I didn't because I didn't go to sleep until late.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3708 on: October 30, 2017, 06:13:49 AM »
Just finished Wolfenstein II and it was a really fun campaign, without giving anything away the game continues after the story ends so there's lots of extra gameplay after you finished the main story. If you enjoy the previous games you will feel very familiar.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3709 on: October 30, 2017, 07:08:05 AM »
So I feel like this will go down as one of the all time great video game songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhciLj5VzOk

The festival in New Donk City with this playing gave me goosebumps. Might be the single best moment in the whole game, it's just a love letter to Mario's history and it's beautiful.