Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 483499 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3535 on: August 26, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »
Guitar hero games are prob the only ones I come anywhere close to 500 hours in

Tho I really need to go and replay RCT, I got the first two games on steam a while back

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3536 on: August 26, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »
If you have both games on Steam go and grab OpenRCT, it makes a lot of QoL improvements on RCT.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3537 on: August 26, 2017, 12:12:35 PM »
@Phoenix87x, it really is. I'm somehow still having just as much fun playing it as I did when I started in March. Perhaps I'm on the spectrum...

530 hours in and I've 100%ed Breath of the Wild on both normal and master modes. Whew...

Wow!

I think there are a few games in my life where I crossed the 500 hour bencemark.

Rollercoaster Tycoon
Tribes 2
Counter-Strike
Warcraft 2
Empire Earth

That's impressive! Not counting MMOs (good lord, WoW stole my life for a long time)... I don't think there's a single console game I've logged over 500 hours on. BOTW is my favorite game of all time and at least it shows :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3538 on: August 26, 2017, 01:35:52 PM »
How many of those hours are in DayZ?
Actually only 4 hours, besides DayZ SA is a seperate game. The orginal mod was for Arma 2, although there's tons of reskinned mods out there for A3. I use to play alot of Breaking Point though which is similar to DayZ but much more fleshed out, atleast compared to DayZ SA. When we played the most we could easily logg 4-5 hours per night. However the majority of all the hours in A3 are probably from using the in-game editor building missions and stuff.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3539 on: August 27, 2017, 12:31:40 AM »
Could it be true that Bethesda are making a Game of Thrones game?

https://intl.target.com/c/game-of-thrones/bethesda/-/N-559pjZ55t8g

A bit of a vague rumour but ze internet is freaking out.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3540 on: August 27, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »
The world is big and fleshed out enough to make me think it's possible. And the lore runs every bit as deep as Elder Scrolls. Oh god, now I have to have this. Open world Westeros. Multiple endings. Sweet zombie Jesus...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3541 on: August 27, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »
Not only would it be possible, but it would make so much sense to combine those two.  The game would be epic.  I'm not getting my hopes up over that link however.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #3542 on: August 27, 2017, 08:41:50 PM »
530 hours in and I've 100%ed Breath of the Wild on both normal and master modes. Whew...

I'm curious as to how you know how many hours you've played. I did not see a counter when I was playing this game.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #3543 on: August 28, 2017, 03:29:12 AM »
Could it be true that Bethesda are making a Game of Thrones game?

https://intl.target.com/c/game-of-thrones/bethesda/-/N-559pjZ55t8g

A bit of a vague rumour but ze internet is freaking out.  :lol
One of these "Did you know gaming"-videos about Skyrim mentioned that they were approached about doing a Got game right around the time they started develop Skyrim but turned down the offer because they wanted to focus on their own series where they had more freedom. I wonder if they changed their mind then?

EDIT: found the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZTtN5f6jR0 Right at the beginning.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3544 on: August 28, 2017, 08:35:22 AM »

I'm curious as to how you know how many hours you've played. I did not see a counter when I was playing this game.

Hey OpenYourEyes, you have to link your Nintendo account to your Switch (for some reason). You can do that in the system menu. Then after spending a few days with a new game (I think it's a week?) you can see your playtime in your profile. At first it'll say something like, "Played for a little bit" and then after 5 hours it'll track your playtime in 5 hour increments. Not sure why there's a days-long delay in displaying it but there ya go.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3545 on: August 28, 2017, 11:48:37 AM »
Finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.  It's a lot shorter than previous installments but still worth it.  Absolutely gorgeous scenery and lives up to why people love this game.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3546 on: August 29, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
Anyone else play through Sonic Mania?

I thoroughly enjoyed it, pretty much all around. I really like the new stages and the remixes of the old ones add a lot of new flavor to the classics

And I really love Press garden's music. So good.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3547 on: August 29, 2017, 08:51:03 PM »
I'll be getting the PC version in a couple of weeks when I have more time.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3548 on: September 03, 2017, 05:29:36 AM »
Just played Last Day of June.... very emotional and enjoyable with a good ending a great soundtrack by Steven Wilson.

Also played the first episode of Life is Strange - Before the Storm. Loved getting back to Arcadia Bay long before the events in season 1. Can't wait for episode 2 to be released....

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3549 on: September 03, 2017, 08:00:54 AM »
Really want Sonic Mania but still can't stop BOTW, 560 hours in. I'm wondering if I might possibly be on the spectrum...

I reeeally want that Mario/Rabbids XCom style game but see above.   :biggrin:

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3550 on: September 04, 2017, 08:28:12 PM »
Yeah bruh, I watched Mike Matei from Cinemassacre live streaming game play of M+R the other day and its pleasing aesthetics and nicely done learning curve kinda hooked me. I could see myself getting it at some point.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3551 on: September 05, 2017, 06:29:55 AM »
I'm flying out on Saturday for a week in Florida and was looking through the eShop on my 3DS for some games to download for the flight. The lack of N64 titles really bums me out.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3552 on: September 05, 2017, 06:40:27 AM »
Unlike the older 2D games, the 3DS probably isn't powerful enough to emulate the N64 reliably using existing emulator cores (New 3DS should be able to, but I doubt the original could), and configuring a modern controller layout for the N64 is always an issue too.

I recently got a game called Four Sided Fantasy on sale on steam. Quite a short game, and not difficult, but it was a fun puzzle platformer with a unique game mechanic. Definitely would recommend it on sale, although maybe not at full price.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3553 on: September 05, 2017, 06:04:53 PM »
Sony has filed a patent for something that looks like a switch competitor:

If it legit plays PS4 games, then I'm down. I don't know if that's even possible, but whatever, I can dream.  If its just like "oh here's a new way to play your PSP/VITA gams or PS3 level games" then I will pass

I absolutely love playing games on the Switch, so to have an equivalent for the other consoles would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:13:42 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3554 on: September 05, 2017, 06:38:18 PM »
Another sign that Nintendo is well off as they've ever been, I suppose. Good to see Sony once again hopping aboard the Nintendo bandwagon!  :lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3555 on: September 05, 2017, 07:51:09 PM »
Yeah. It is kinda lolworthy to see Sony jockin Nintendo's style this severely again (if that is an accurate pic) after how painfully obvious a Wiimote ripoff the Move controllers were. It gets even more face-palming baffling when you realize how miserably they gave up on the seemingly still viable Vita so it's just hard to take them seriously when they do anything that remotely walks off the beaten path of traditional console gaming.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3556 on: September 05, 2017, 11:37:54 PM »
From the start Sony has always copied what everyone else was doing, so this is exactly the inspired kind of design I'd expect from them. They've literally just stuck a screen in the middle of their standard dual shock controller. :lol
Maybe this will become a whole new class of console from now on. Internally it should be similar stock hardware to the Switch, so as long as they don't go too crazy on pushing the specs and keep the price competitive, they could do well.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3557 on: September 06, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »
I thought sonic mania was good but not great & wish they'd gone all in on the new stuff
And thought a lot of the bosses especially were weak

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3558 on: September 07, 2017, 11:01:33 AM »
Ok, so I was totally getting into Just Cause 3.  Awesome game!  My only complaints are a few minor glitches from time to time and load times kinda suck.  However, I just picked up Destiny 2 yesterday.  Everything else gets set aside... :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3559 on: September 11, 2017, 10:10:26 AM »
I was going to buy Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle this weekend but since I crossed 605 hours in Zelda and still am not bored I put it on the backburner. I didn't even pay for Zelda!  :lol No point in buying a new game when they're $60 but that one is still entertaining me. Looks like I'm waiting til Mario Odyssey next month.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3560 on: September 12, 2017, 04:24:27 AM »

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3561 on: September 12, 2017, 04:57:48 AM »
I can't wait for Cyberpunk.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3562 on: September 12, 2017, 05:11:01 AM »
I can't wait for Cyberpunk.
Yea me too!

"The game will feature non-English speaking characters. Players who do not speak the languages can buy translator implants to better comprehend them; depending on the advancement of the implants, the quality of translations will vary, with more expensive implants rendering more accurate translations."

This will be interesting, I think that will enhance the immersion alot. Can't really think of any game that's had other languages than english and made up languages to be a major feature.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3563 on: September 12, 2017, 05:20:13 AM »
I didn't read the article but is it still slated for a 2019 release?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3564 on: September 12, 2017, 05:28:55 AM »
The article dosen't mention any dates and i'm not sure there is but 2019 seems about right. I think next year is a bit optimistic but then again I have no idea how far into the development they actually are so who knows.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3565 on: September 12, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »
Yea, in my mind I'm thinking 2019 and if it's earlier then it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3566 on: September 12, 2017, 02:33:33 PM »
I am in current trolling phase of playing PUBG.  I've gotten to the point where I can win somewhat consistently (won 2 games last night) that I am having more fun just messing with people in the early stages of the game and if I can survive that, then play to win.  I've slowly been building up a large stock pile of video of me trolling people, or just funny moments.  I made a full video on youtube of my first compilation last weekend (only made a dent in my stockpile too so there's more to come), but this one clip I put into a tweet because I can't stop laughing at it.

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/906261925247451136

Essentially I am a 32 year old (33 in a week or two) laughing my ass off because I beat some kid in the head with a pan (after he asked not to be "punished")  :rollin  I'm not sure if I am extremely immature or this is actually funny.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3567 on: September 12, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170912005798/en/

Looks like the nes classic is coming back next year and snes class is increasing stock.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3568 on: September 12, 2017, 08:52:19 PM »
My brother recently got pubg and it's going to be great playing some duo matches with him.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3569 on: September 13, 2017, 06:17:11 AM »
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170912005798/en/

Looks like the nes classic is coming back next year and snes class is increasing stock.

I'd buy both of these if they were connected to an online store.