Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 483253 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3500 on: August 23, 2017, 08:31:40 AM »
Picked up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy yesterday.  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3501 on: August 23, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
I have so little time for gaming these days but it's my favorite thing to do in my downtime (even more than playing music).

525+ hours in Breath of the Wild* - still going strong on master mode... only 100 Korok seeds and 20 shrines left then I can upgrade equipment and finally get 100% on this just like normal mode

Final Fantasy XV is coming to PC so I'll eventually play it... No longer excited for Shadow of War due to all the pay to win stuff (I know you can get it in game but it's still bogus).

I bought Witcher 3 but it's bored me to tears and the UI is offensively bad, so are the controls. At least I got it half price, I'll never finish it. At heart, I always enjoy JRPGs more than WRPGs. No disrespect to the level of depth to characters and the graphics, though.

Waiting to buy Mario Odyssey for the Switch this fall... I want Disagaea 5 but again don't have the time. I did buy Cave Story though. Played it as a kid, still love it.

I want to fire up Terraria again but with BOTW I just don't have the time/willpower to spare on another timesink, as fun as it is.

*I set aside time months ahead of release to log TONS of hours in Breath... I think there's only been 2 or 3 days since launch that I haven't played at least a few minutes of it. Even on my busiest days I will still get 10-15 minutes in...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3502 on: August 23, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »
I find myself in a similar situation more and more. Which sucks ass.

But yeah I did go all hype like a kid all over again when I saw FFXV for PC. That is definitely going to take up a few of my days off without a doubt. This also more or less gives me as close to a confirmation as we can get that XII Remastered is coming to PC. It'll just probably be a good while before it shows up.

I have yet to buy a Switch but I will for sure at some point for BoTW and eventually Pokemon.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3503 on: August 23, 2017, 11:26:35 AM »
I would definitely give 12 another shot if it came to PC, remastered. It's one of my least favorite FFs but I could see myself playing more of it on PC.

That core Pokemon title coming to the Switch scares me with how much time I could potentially sink into it. Zelda is already approaching insane levels of playtime. Pokemon and, fingers crossed, Animal Crossing = byebye life.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3504 on: August 23, 2017, 01:36:58 PM »
I've never played any of the final fantasy games aside from 7 and I'd love to play the new one when it comes to PC.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3505 on: August 23, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »
Reaper, I'm not sure what kind of games you're into (if you're averse to old school 2D SNES games, which were my bread and butter growing up), but I couldn't suggest Final Fantasy 4, 5, and 6 enough, if you're ever looking for something "new" to dive into. Great games, good stories, fun battles...

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3506 on: August 23, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
I hear a lot of great things about FF 6, however that I should buy the iOS versions.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3507 on: August 23, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
Do it if it's your only/preferred method of playing, but I strongly advise against it if only because they changed the sprites and everything looks terribly ugly. Regardless, the story, the ensemble cast, the way the party can split up and converge again, it's fantastic.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3508 on: August 23, 2017, 03:44:26 PM »
I might just bite the bullet and do the iOS version. I could always play it on my PC but I have a list of other games I want to get through first.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3509 on: August 23, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »
I have iOS versions of FF on my iPad 2.  They work pretty good.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3510 on: August 24, 2017, 10:23:50 AM »
My mother was cleaning out my sister's old room and found one of my treasures (that I thought had long since disappeared, someone carelessly got rid of it, etc.)... I could shed a tear.

https://i.imgur.com/RsCf2Ux.jpg

Unfortunately, someone put a hole in the side and put something really heavy on top of it with a cartridge in it so the eject button doesn't work properly anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/mdx8yZV.jpg

Going to try to clean it up and take a look at the inside to see if it's still able to be used. 15 years ago it was starting to have trouble loading games and retaining save files but I'm not sure if that was due to the cartridges or the system. Should make for a fun if a little frustrating project.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3511 on: August 24, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »
*commiserates

Maybe a little Metroid tease will brighten your day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrkRW2NPQ8
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #3512 on: August 24, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »
*commiserates

Maybe a little Metroid tease will brighten your day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrkRW2NPQ8
Wow, I didn't even know that was coming. Nice!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3513 on: August 24, 2017, 07:16:02 PM »
I wish it was for Switch. It would be a day one purchase for me

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3514 on: August 25, 2017, 06:10:42 AM »
Been playing a lot of Just Cause 3 lately. Great game, but feels like they rushed it out the door a few months too early. I'm getting horrible frame rate issues when lots of stuff starts happening, and the driving physics might be the worst of any game I've ever played.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3515 on: August 25, 2017, 07:57:46 AM »
I agree with you 100% Chino. The wingsuit is a lot of fun though.

One thing I love about Just Cause is how it doesn't take itself seriously at all, there are lots of laughs in that game.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3516 on: August 25, 2017, 08:05:36 AM »
I agree with you 100% Chino. The wingsuit is a lot of fun though.

One thing I love about Just Cause is how it doesn't take itself seriously at all, there are lots of laughs in that game.

Ever play any of the Saints Row games? I think they've perfected that concept  :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3517 on: August 25, 2017, 08:06:27 AM »
No, and I have all of them on my steam account.

I have a real issue with buying games and never playing them, ask blob :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3518 on: August 25, 2017, 08:19:21 AM »
Really love the GTA, Just Cause, and Saints Rows games.  They all are similar yet different.  I think I've played through every one of each game in those series :lol 

And agree, JC3 had some performance issues, but I really did enjoy taking out the airports and stealing planes and bombing everything.

Saints Row had just so much goofiness that made it really fun to play.  Nothing like beating someone to death with a giant purple dildo.

And of course GTA has the best storyline and overall world.  Plus online mode which is so much fun.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3519 on: August 25, 2017, 08:40:10 AM »
I really hope the new RDR game has an online mode equivalent to GTA Online. I absolutely loved GTA Online, but after 400+ hours between the PS3 and PS4 versions, I've pretty much worn it out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3520 on: August 25, 2017, 09:02:11 AM »
I really hope the new RDR game has an online mode equivalent to GTA Online. I absolutely loved GTA Online, but after 400+ hours between the PS3 and PS4 versions, I've pretty much worn it out.

I can't imagine them not including that.  I stopped playing online like a year or so ago, but I know they still do content updates which is awesome.  I could only imagine how great a RDR online world could be and how much more they can expand there with co op missions. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3521 on: August 25, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »

I can't imagine them not including that.  I stopped playing online like a year or so ago, but I know they still do content updates which is awesome.  I could only imagine how great a RDR online world could be and how much more they can expand there with co op missions.

I'm no expert, but I imagine it's easier to make a much larger map in a game like Red Dead. The game doesn't need to generate all the pedestrians, traffic, buildings, etc. It's be amazing if we could get lobbies of 64 or more in a place with a lot of room.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3522 on: August 25, 2017, 09:16:54 AM »

I'm no expert, but I imagine it's easier to make a much larger map in a game like Red Dead. The game doesn't need to generate all the pedestrians, traffic, buildings, etc. It's be amazing if we could get lobbies of 64 or more in a place with a lot of room.

I dont see why not either.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3523 on: August 25, 2017, 09:50:26 AM »
What do you guys think about the HL3 post?

I'm kind of shocked some stuff finally came but also sad about the end of it all.

Edit: for those that haven't seen https://github.com/Jackathan/MarcLaidlaw-Epistle3/blob/master/Epistle3_Corrected.md
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:46:23 AM by Implode »

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3524 on: August 25, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »
I'm going to read it once I complete my HL2 play through this week.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3525 on: August 25, 2017, 02:28:12 PM »
I sure would have liked to play HL E3  :sad:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3526 on: August 25, 2017, 06:18:57 PM »
Welp, finished Half-Life 2 and both episodes (great series) and just in time to read this. Oh well. I guess now we'll just have to wait for the fangames :P

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3527 on: August 25, 2017, 07:18:10 PM »
I could see some fans making a great fan rendition of episode 3.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3528 on: August 25, 2017, 07:44:13 PM »
There's already people making fanart and some recruiting folks to start making the game so in a few years we should have something :P

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3529 on: August 26, 2017, 07:30:43 AM »
530 hours in and I've 100%ed Breath of the Wild on both normal and master modes. Whew...

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3530 on: August 26, 2017, 09:31:06 AM »
530 hours in and I've 100%ed Breath of the Wild on both normal and master modes. Whew...

BotW is my game of the year. Just limitless adventure and fun.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3531 on: August 26, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »

Wow!

I think there are a few games in my life where I crossed the 500 hour bencemark.

Rollercoaster Tycoon
Tribes 2
Counter-Strike
Warcraft 2
Empire Earth

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3532 on: August 26, 2017, 10:12:24 AM »
Empire Earth was awwwwwesome. One of my favorite games ever.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3533 on: August 26, 2017, 10:15:50 AM »

Wow!

I think there are a few games in my life where I crossed the 500 hour bencemark.

Rollercoaster Tycoon
Tribes 2
Counter-Strike
Warcraft 2
Empire Earth
I have 1861 hours in Arma 3.  :biggrin:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3534 on: August 26, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
How many of those hours are in DayZ?