Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479180 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #350 on: October 27, 2014, 05:57:39 PM »
Civilization IV Theme - Baba Yetu - Peter Hollens & Malukah

Pretty damn epic although the original with the Royal Philharmonic is still equally epic.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2014, 04:24:26 AM »
Valkyria Chronicles PC port confirmed by Sega  :metal :metal :metal
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:28:25 AM by Outcrier »
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #352 on: October 28, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »
 :omg: :metal :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #354 on: October 29, 2014, 11:36:22 AM »
So Bungie announced the first expansion for Destiny. Bunch of new story stuff, 3 new maps for PvP, and 2 new strikes. Not too bad.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #355 on: October 29, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »
Star Wars: Battlefront set for release christmas 2015. We'll see about that but I really hope DICE succeed with this one.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #356 on: October 29, 2014, 01:05:45 PM »
So Nintendo turned a profit for the first time in 4 years.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #357 on: October 29, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »
The upcoming zelda game is the missing link.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #358 on: October 30, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »
Valkyria Chronicles PC port confirmed by Sega  :metal :metal :metal

Words cannot describe how happy I am to hear this. That was probably one of my top games from the last generation, and more people need to play it.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #359 on: November 06, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »
I dunno how this hasn't been posted yet but I shall be the one to spur your masturbation.

Majora's Mask 3DS.

I AM SO FUCKING HYPE RIGHT NOW IT'S NOT EVEN PENIS. IT'S A BIT HARD-ON FOR THE LINKS AND THE ZELDA AND THAT BIG MOON IN 3DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! AWE9O8TRUYWQPOKJNASD;FGKJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE HYPE UP CAUSE IT'S SO HYPE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! What a great day! Also, where I'm living, the perfect day for this announcement. Dark, gloomy, slightly rainy...I can hear the final day of the Clocktown theme right now. I love it. This is awesome; I really didn't think this would happen this soon.

RIP DTP.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #360 on: November 06, 2014, 01:07:37 PM »
I dunno how this hasn't been posted yet but I shall be the one to spur your masturbation.

Don't worry, been on it since the announcement.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #361 on: November 06, 2014, 02:54:22 PM »
WELL THEN YOU'LL HAVE TO MASTURBATE AGAIN.

RIP DTP.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #362 on: November 06, 2014, 03:19:54 PM »

I did it first (:P):

Talking about remakes, Majora's Mask for 3DS was confirmed today by Nintendo.

That post wasn't in this thread though.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #363 on: November 06, 2014, 07:36:42 PM »
It's an awful feeling when you go 25/9 and your team still loses.
Call of Duty Ghosts has pretty much been "Dorky does amazing, the rest of his team blows and thus Dorky loses.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:48:48 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #364 on: November 06, 2014, 08:01:41 PM »
Call of Duty Ghosts has pretty much been "Dorky does amazing, the rest of his team blows and thus Dorky loses.

That's how any team-based game works. One person can't usually carry a team of bad players, because if they're not killing the other team, and keep dying, even if you're good you're likely to be outnumbered in any encounter.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #365 on: November 06, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »

That's how any team-based game works. One person can't usually carry a team of bad players, because if they're not killing the other team, and keep dying, even if you're good you're likely to be outnumbered in any encounter.
It's just worse than usual. Usually people aren't this bad, but I've got teammates running right by FIRING enemies, out in the open, and they just run around like chickens with their heads lopped off.

I also keep getting spawned right in front of enemies, which is always the best time ever!~ButtSparkles***

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #366 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:41 PM »
So Advanced Warfare is a pretty interesting game for me. I love some of the stuff added, love the look, appreciate so much of the game, and yet hate playing it to some degree. With the exo-movements it becomes everything I hate in a shooter. You move as quick as possible, sling bullets everywhere, and are dead the moment you stand still pretty much anywhere.

I like there to be some strategic aspects to my play, and AW pretty much eliminated that completely. Playing classic matches helps a bit at least.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #367 on: November 07, 2014, 01:00:47 AM »
You know what, we disagree about how the strategy has left exactly, but I agree that a lot of strategy has left. Not really in fast paced gameplay(going off of Ghosts here, if I ever get Advanced Warfare it'll be a ways down the road) but it's almost impossible to compete unless you have a thermal scope. I literally can't see people almost right in front of me a lot of the time, and I'm paying attention and all that jazz, but with the thermal scope, everybody's lit up like a christmas light AND EVERYBODY HAS THERMALS ATTACHED TO WEAPONS THAT CAN USE IT, which is 99% of them. I personally really like this dlc gun the ripper, I think it has a super fun mechanic to it where it switches between an smg and an assault rifle and I wish CoD would focus more on that sort of stuff. It's really cool but because now CoD's a game of hide'n'seek I'm pretty much stuck with using guns with thermal that are good, but I don't like nearly as much as the ripper, or I just run right past people because they blend in so well or they just blast me as I run unawarely towards them. Then when I watch the killcam, they just watch me for awhile then pick me off from behind.
Shit is hella frustrating.

And don't even get me started on the spawning. Ghosts has the worst spawning I've ever seen in the CoD series. 90% I spawn right in front of an enemy, or with some enemies right behind me, and die instantly.

Also people who only use their mics to make the most annoying sounds in the world? I want to ram a pike up their ass and disembowel them, they are literally some of the most annoying people ever.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:11:49 PM by Dark Castle »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »
To anyone who's played New Super Mario Bros. Wii, what are the controls like? As in, can you play it with regular controls only or does it force you to do that motion control bullshit? Also, can it be played without the nunchuk and, if so, does that cause you to miss out on any features?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #369 on: November 08, 2014, 11:20:49 PM »
To anyone who's played New Super Mario Bros. Wii, what are the controls like? As in, can you play it with regular controls only or does it force you to do that motion control bullshit? Also, can it be played without the nunchuk and, if so, does that cause you to miss out on any features?
You can play it with just the Wiimote sideways, or Wiimote+Nunchuk. As for motion controls, there's a little bit - Mario's spin attack is performed by flicking the Wiimote, and his helicopter suit's ability is activated the same way. There's also these platforms that are tilted by tilting the Wiimote when Mario is on them.

You don't miss anything by not using the Nunchuk, but personally I prefer using it as I think the 1 and 2 buttons are not arranged favorably for a game where you will likely be holding one of the buttons down >90% of the time. I thought it was a little awkward when I tried it that way, so I use the Nunchuk. Although, the tilting platform controls are a little unintuitive when you are using Wiimote+Nunchuk but they don't pop up all that often.

I haven't played it much, I'm just on World 2, so my experience only covers the beginning of the game.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #370 on: November 08, 2014, 11:30:54 PM »
Thanks for bolstering my knowledge :tup :heart

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #371 on: November 09, 2014, 05:31:11 AM »
Once you finish it, make sure to play Newer Super Mario Bros Wii. It is a mod that completely changes the game, and in my opinion is far superior to the original. You can use both the Wiimote and the Nunchuck, though Newer also supports the classic controller. I recommended the Wiimote, as it feels the most similar to the NES games.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline adace

« Reply #372 on: November 09, 2014, 06:21:25 AM »
Played Advanced Warfare the other day. The new gadgets are pretty awesome, but would it kill them to actually let you choose your loadout before each level? I used to be a big fan of the CoD series, but the linearity and lack of freedom grate on me, especially after having played games like Borderlands. AW is a good game, but as usual there's a lot of missed opportunities. I doubt I'll be coming back to it anytime soon (which is why I'm glad I rented it and didn't buy).

Really looking forward to Assassin's Creed Rogue this week. Wish I could play Unity too but I'm too cheap to buy an Xbox One.

And next week is gonna be insane with Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition, and Shadow of Mordor all releasing on the same day!

Offline Randaran

« Reply #373 on: November 09, 2014, 06:47:36 AM »
Played Advanced Warfare the other day. The new gadgets are pretty awesome, but would it kill them to actually let you choose your loadout before each level? I used to be a big fan of the CoD series, but the linearity and lack of freedom grate on me, especially after having played games like Borderlands. AW is a good game, but as usual there's a lot of missed opportunities. I doubt I'll be coming back to it anytime soon (which is why I'm glad I rented it and didn't buy).

Wait, there are people who play CoD for the campaign? I have yet to try AW, though it definitely seems to be a much needed evolution to the franchise from what I have seen of it. Does anyone know if it runs well on 7th gen consoles, specifically PS3?
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #374 on: November 09, 2014, 09:31:15 AM »
Once you finish it, make sure to play Newer Super Mario Bros Wii. It is a mod that completely changes the game.

I'm stupid as fuck with computers. What do I need to do to play this on a Wii U since I've never owned a Wii?

Offline Randaran

« Reply #375 on: November 09, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »
Once you finish it, make sure to play Newer Super Mario Bros Wii. It is a mod that completely changes the game.

I'm stupid as fuck with computers. What do I need to do to play this on a Wii U since I've never owned a Wii?
Try this, though you will need a copy of SSBB. It comes from Newer's site. I have no experience with the Wii U, so I cannot confirm if it works. It is much simpler on the original Wii.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: November 11, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
So i'm a really casual gamer .. I used to be pretty hardcore back in the SNES - PS2 days but PS3 & Xbox360 lost me entirely.

What is it about Destiny that people have a massive problem with besides not much plot ?

I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #377 on: November 11, 2014, 12:03:22 PM »
That's about it, and some who aren't used to an MMO type of set up can get pretty put off from the strike playlist/single player stuff.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #378 on: November 11, 2014, 12:05:16 PM »
That's about it, and some who aren't used to an MMO type of set up can get pretty put off from the strike playlist/single player stuff.

I'd prefer MORE single player stuff because I wanted to do some bounties and strikes and public events yesterday but my internet was down so nope.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #379 on: November 11, 2014, 02:36:59 PM »

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #380 on: November 11, 2014, 02:45:26 PM »
Yep. My favorite complaint is that story missions/strikes are just "kill shit, push square, kill more shit, push square, kill a bullet sponge, end game" yet complain that there's not enough of them.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #382 on: November 11, 2014, 03:33:59 PM »
So i'm a really casual gamer .. I used to be pretty hardcore back in the SNES - PS2 days but PS3 & Xbox360 lost me entirely.

What is it about Destiny that people have a massive problem with besides not much plot ?

I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Because the game was hyped as the best game ever and, when it came out, most people thought it was only decent and worse.
As far as to why they thought that, there's lots of detailed reviews out there.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:14:16 PM by Outcrier »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #384 on: November 11, 2014, 07:56:15 PM »
We're a year into the new console cycle, which means the only ones who'll probably keep making retail games for the previous ones are the yearly sports titles.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:01:24 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.