Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 479196 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #3430 on: June 26, 2017, 06:39:20 AM »
So I've certainly been enjoying Metal Gear Solid V so far, but story wise it's been tough piecing the backstory together, which is understandable. I gotta sit down during my next missions and really listen through the tapes again.

I've got the itch for a shooter again so I just ordered Battlefield 1. Never played a battlefield game before so this should be interesting. If anyone plays on PS4 and has a platoon/clan that can be of some help as I'm starting up it would be appreciated.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3431 on: June 26, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »
I loved battlefield 1. It's a ton of fun, I sort of dropped off playing it because I got back into overwatch.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3432 on: June 26, 2017, 11:07:05 AM »
I loved battlefield 1. It's a ton of fun, I sort of dropped off playing it because I got back into overwatch. into Battlegrounds

Fixed for me.  Been thinking of firing up BF1 again though, such a fun game. 

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3433 on: June 26, 2017, 11:13:05 AM »
I loved battlefield 1. It's a ton of fun, I sort of dropped off playing it because I got back into overwatch. into Battlegrounds

Fixed for me.  Been thinking of firing up BF1 again though, such a fun game. 

I'll be on Tuesday night and Wednesday (day off, yay), so add me if you're able to play, Rush3737.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3434 on: June 26, 2017, 11:16:50 AM »
I play on PC so won't be able to

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3435 on: June 26, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »
BF1 is great!  Got all the trophies except for the one where you have to down 10 aircraft (in 30 secs) with AA gun on top of airship.  Just too difficult to get or I'm just too old.  Looked it up on youtube how to do it and still can't get it.   :(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:42:13 PM by Dublagent66 »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3436 on: June 26, 2017, 12:26:45 PM »
Just started Zelda Breath of the Wild and really enjoying it. This game is huge! Still trying to get the handle on combat.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3437 on: June 26, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »
As was expected nintendo are soon releasing the SNES classic in september

https://www.wired.com/story/new-super-nes-classic-continues-nintendos-retro-renaissance/

Personally, I would rather them just make the virtual console available for the switch (which they are probably delaying to increase sales of this thing). I really don't want to hook up this thing to my tv and have a wired controller, when I have a kick ass hand held device in the switch that would be perfect for playing SNES games. But whatever.

Also, its $80 dollars, which is too expensive as far as I am concerned.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:21:06 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3438 on: June 26, 2017, 03:46:08 PM »
Personally, I like the SNES classic better than the NES, mostly because it has a cool game list (Star Fox 2 never released?!) and also because I never owned an SNES I'd be more interested in playing those games.  But I really am just turned off by Nintendo's marketing strategy with these as a way to sell more Switch units. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3439 on: June 26, 2017, 04:02:49 PM »
I tried Uplink for a while but never got too into it because of how unforgiving it is

Also +1 to hexcells  :corn :corn :corn

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3440 on: June 26, 2017, 09:14:21 PM »
Hope it's not as unforgiving as Hacker Evolution  :lol tbh I'm mostly trying it because I loved Hacknet and it was compared to Uplink so.

Yeah hexcells is definitely not your fault  :corn :corn :corn

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3441 on: June 26, 2017, 09:16:31 PM »
I want that snes but I don't want it on principle lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3442 on: June 26, 2017, 09:55:33 PM »

No kidding. Those are some amazing games though.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3443 on: June 27, 2017, 01:47:13 AM »
That is a great game list that covers most bases in terms of the classics. I wish they'd included DKC2 as well as 1.

I'll stick to playing them either on my PC emulated, or on the real console though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #3444 on: June 27, 2017, 02:06:59 AM »

No kidding. Those are some amazing games though.
This time, I made sure to preorder the damn thing.  :lol I already have a SNES, lots of games and even an upscaler but what this thing has is a lot of games never released in Europe, like frigging Earthbound! Not to mention Star Fox 2 which wasn't released ANYWHERE.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3445 on: June 27, 2017, 04:24:50 AM »
So are there any pc games out there at the moment which are really FUN to play? I sort of bummed out on playing DOOM and the wait for Wolfenstein is too long.
I've looked at Overwatch but can't seem to find it on pc.

From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3446 on: June 27, 2017, 05:46:24 AM »
Why doesn't Nintendo connect these minis to an online store and let us buy/have more than 21 games? You can fit the entire SNES library on a 2GB SD card.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #3447 on: June 27, 2017, 06:03:44 AM »
Why doesn't Nintendo connect these minis to an online store and let us buy/have more than 21 games? You can fit the entire SNES library on a 2GB SD card.
You're hardly the first one to ask this. Because Nintendo, I guess. And I would guess securing the rights for all of those games might be hard too.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3448 on: June 27, 2017, 07:27:19 AM »
So are there any pc games out there at the moment which are really FUN to play? I sort of bummed out on playing DOOM and the wait for Wolfenstein is too long.

Overwatch is what you want. www.playoverwatch.com

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3449 on: June 27, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »
That is a great game list that covers most bases in terms of the classics. I wish they'd included DKC2 as well as 1.

I'll stick to playing them either on my PC emulated, or on the real console though.
I think I'll get one of these for the novelty of it. I have my original SNES but not very many games. Plus people figured out how to put more ROMs on the NES classic pretty quickly, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to add any games I want to it - DKC2 being one glaring omission that I will immediately rectify.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #3450 on: June 27, 2017, 08:57:42 AM »

team fortress 2
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3451 on: June 27, 2017, 09:13:33 AM »

team fortress 2

TF2 is great, but at this point, I'd recommend going to Overwatch (which is definitely on PC) over TF2.  Either way, Battlegrounds is where the fun is at IMO but it's not quite the same as the FPS mentioned.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3452 on: June 27, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »
Hope it's not as unforgiving as Hacker Evolution  :lol tbh I'm mostly trying it because I loved Hacknet and it was compared to Uplink so.

Yeah hexcells is definitely not your fault  :corn :corn :corn
Getting game over means losing your entire save file so

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #3453 on: June 27, 2017, 11:56:33 PM »

Overwatch is what you want. www.playoverwatch.com

Thanks. Somehow I'm having trouble creating an account. The page doesn't seem to recognise my birth-date entry ?  I tried a single digit and a double one, what else is there to do?   :blush
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3454 on: June 28, 2017, 05:16:55 AM »
Huh. Did you download the blizzard installer?

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #3455 on: June 28, 2017, 05:57:02 AM »
Uhm I think so? The page says something like 'This field can't be blank' but theres only space for two digits and I've tried both 5 and 05 but it keeps saying the same thing. So I'm not so sure now.

I'll try again when I get home, am a t work now.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #3456 on: June 29, 2017, 12:47:24 PM »

team fortress 2

TF2 is great, but at this point, I'd recommend going to Overwatch (which is definitely on PC) over TF2.  Either way, Battlegrounds is where the fun is at IMO but it's not quite the same as the FPS mentioned.

the main problem I have with overwatch is the low skill floor and low skill ceiling. fight for a while, press q to murder everything, etc. it's also not difficult to aim in the game at all. tf2 is much more challenging, and far more satisfying imo
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3457 on: June 29, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »
Without a doubt Prey, if you wan't a great SP game. When it comes to MP,  I recently tried Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. It's a bit unforgiven at times but really fun if you like team/squad based FPS games.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3458 on: June 29, 2017, 06:51:42 PM »
I know that GTA5 got a PS4 remaster, but I am kind of bummed out that despite 4 years of being out, this console generation didn't get a dedicated Grand theft auto  :-[

PS2 got 3 GTA games
PS3 got 2 GTA games
PS4 has 0 GTA games (besides that GTAV remaster)

Lame

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #3459 on: June 30, 2017, 03:54:08 PM »
Got overwatch and it's indeed a very fun game! A bit like Quake III was, but quirkier.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.  I'll look into Prey as well. 

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3460 on: June 30, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »

team fortress 2

the main problem I have with overwatch is the low skill floor and low skill ceiling. fight for a while, press q to murder everything, etc. it's also not difficult to aim in the game at all. tf2 is much more challenging, and far more satisfying imo

I won't argue that there is a lower skill ceiling in overwatch over tf 2 but it can still be very challenging in ranked matches.

Got overwatch and it's indeed a very fun game! A bit like Quake III was, but quirkier.

What's your name in the game? I'll add you to my friends list.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3461 on: July 01, 2017, 04:27:02 AM »
I know that GTA5 got a PS4 remaster, but I am kind of bummed out that despite 4 years of being out, this console generation didn't get a dedicated Grand theft auto  :-[

PS2 got 3 GTA games
PS3 got 2 GTA games
PS4 has 0 GTA games (besides that GTAV remaster)

Lame

I'm guessing VI will be, and Red Dead 2 was built 100% around the current gen. That's almost as good.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #3462 on: July 01, 2017, 04:34:19 AM »

team fortress 2

I won't argue that there is a lower skill ceiling in overwatch over tf 2 but it can still be very challenging in ranked matches.

What's your name in the game? I'll add you to my friends list.

Oh it's just Cyclopssss. I'm not very Original.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3463 on: July 02, 2017, 07:01:53 AM »
So uh..I won Mass Effect Andromeda in a giveaway. I already have Mass Effect Andromeda. Figures. Only thing I've won and I have it.  :rollin

Anyone want it? Just lemme know either on here or PM, I'll send the CD key over. Otherwise it'll eventually be forgotten and just sit there till it gets digital dust all over it.

I was thinking about trying to resell it on either eBay or one of those key sites but it's not worth the hassle for a few extra bucks.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3464 on: July 02, 2017, 07:27:15 AM »
On PC or console?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.