Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481754 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #2905 on: January 16, 2017, 05:13:51 AM »
I doubt I will be getting a switch, but still Super Mario Odyssey looks pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kcdRBHM7kM

but on second thought, I may have to get a swtich for xenoblade chronicles 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A
It does, but I don't like the city at all. It gives me Sonic 06 vibes, especially the fact that they have regular sized humans with normal proportions next to Mario himself. It just looks odd, and begs the question - what is Mario? Is he not human at all? Is he a human born with some kind of condition?

Or maybe I'm overanalyzing it, that might also be the case. :lol The rest of the trailer I really enjoyed.

You read my mind. Sonic 06 immediately jumped to mind as I was watching, but luckily then it opened up into more fantastical kind of worlds. I'm definitely soured on the city thing after sonic.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2906 on: January 16, 2017, 06:57:19 AM »
Jesus christ I have never had such a love/hate relationship with a game as much as I do Watch Dogs 2. The first was at least just all around shitty. Just fucking horrible after the first five minutes. This one...this one makes you think they refined the game and fixed the issues plaguing the first and then you get into the stealth and heavy combat portions of the game and it's like "NOPE, YOU WANNA STEALTH? FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, YOU'RE LOUD AND ARE CLEARLY A GIANT. YOU WANNA SHOOT? NOPE FUCK YOU AGAIN, YOU'RE USING SILLY BULLETS AND YOUR FINGERS ARE SPAGHETTI".

I hate this game.

But I will undoubtedly play it again tomorrow. I'm just wondering if it'll ever end and I'll either say fuck it or I'll actually beat the game.

The hacking part of the game is great, but good lord...the physics (which plague most of Ubi's open-world games) and the interaction between Player and NPC is just downright sickening. I feel like as they were making it they just straight up said "Okay fuck this shit, the game is about hacking" and then forgot that they had mandatory parts of the game where you have to fight people and try to sneak past them.

On the other hand, I encountered a glitch where my little drone was never out of range so I really fucked some shit up and got a whole lot of upgrades from that. Good job and also fuck you, Ubisoft.  :tup ???
Why did you even get the game if the first one was so terrible? ???

Well, reviews both critical and casual cited the game's ability to fix the first's problems and that it was an overall fun game. I watched a few videos of people playing the game and it did look like fun as well as an improvement over the first in a lot of ways. I mean unless you have access to play either a demo of a game or a full build of it early, you're taking a chance on any game, really. I kinda lost with this one. Especially given that I did really enjoy the first few hours of gameplay.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2907 on: January 17, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #2908 on: January 17, 2017, 05:34:31 PM »
Anyone here Playstation Plus members? Did the price go up in the last year? I remember paying $50 last year, but the membership renewal hit my account this morning and now it's $60?

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2909 on: January 18, 2017, 12:47:45 PM »
Anyone here Playstation Plus members? Did the price go up in the last year? I remember paying $50 last year, but the membership renewal hit my account this morning and now it's $60?

yes it did.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2910 on: January 18, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »
I really hate Online Only games.

If you wanna buy a game and you don't have internet - TOUGH SHIT.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2911 on: January 18, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »
Currently playing The Talos Principe. Wow, this game is fantastic, I love it. The puzzles are so much fun and the story is really interesting. :tup
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2912 on: January 18, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »
I haven't been able to put down Battlefield 1 lately.  I've popped out a few of my kill cam music videos for youtube because I've been playing so much.

And speaking of which.  I finished my Rocket League video.  It's an hour long and it's all me playing the game and mostly yelling and screaming during what essentially is a highlight reel (and my webcam recorded me playing so you can watch me be an idiot).  Lot's of cursing so NSFW. 

Cramx3's Rocket League Fun Video

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2913 on: January 18, 2017, 02:34:49 PM »
Since there is a lot of cursing I'll wait for the office to clear out a little bit.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2914 on: January 18, 2017, 02:35:42 PM »
Since there is a lot of cursing I'll wait for the office to clear out a little bit.

:lol yea not to be played in an office environment and honestly, maybe something that should never be played regardless. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2915 on: January 19, 2017, 06:38:43 AM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:36:45 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2916 on: January 20, 2017, 11:27:48 AM »
I just bought Shellshock Live today. It's a turn based strategy game with tanks, similar to some older games, but still a lot of fun. I always worry about games that rely on online multiplayer, because the enjoyment factor always comes down to how good the community is, but I played it for hours and had nothing but fun. Because it's not constant action, it means you get a lot of good chat in game, so it's friendly.
If anyone else has it, I'm up for some team play.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2917 on: January 21, 2017, 03:11:57 AM »
So I know that there are two endings to the Talos Principle, and I can kind of guess what they are at this point - one is going through the Gates of Eternity, and one is ascending the Tower. I'd be interested in both, can anybody tell me if I can reload before going through the Gates? I'm more interested in the Tower and if you can't, then I'd probably skip the Gates completely - even though I know the puzzles by now, I'd really not have to re-do the whole game.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2918 on: January 21, 2017, 12:33:25 PM »
you can make a duplicate save i think
or just reload the previous autosave or something, i don't think you actually have to replay the entire game

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2919 on: January 24, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »
Resident Evil 7 looks very cool. A huge step in the right direction after 6.

I am just too scared to play it

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2920 on: January 24, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »
Shitting my pants playing Resident Evil 7 on PSVR. It's almost too much for me  :lol
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2921 on: January 25, 2017, 05:42:01 AM »
Shitting my pants playing Resident Evil 7 on PSVR. It's almost too much for me  :lol

I played the demo and gave up by the time I made my way over to the fuse box in the starting room. I'm way too much of a bitch for that game.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2922 on: January 25, 2017, 07:07:01 AM »
I'm having a blast with it. I could never do VR but in the comforts of my room and monitor, I can deal. It is indeed scary as balls and the best part is that while there's obvious jump scares and such, the main horror and fear doesn't stem from that at all, it's just the atmosphere, environment and especially the sounds...those fucking sounds. It's got just the right amount of horror to scare me shitless but enough intrigue to keep me going. I love that we're back to basics and surprisingly, love the first person perspective. Third person, while it can be done (Fuck you, Dead Space), is much harder to pull off in horror without some caveats.

I hope it keeps this up, this is gonna be a slow moving game for me.

You know a game is fucked up when there is a literal disclaimer in the game saying (I'm paraphrasing) "Take break if you feel overwhelmed".  :lol

RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2923 on: January 25, 2017, 07:09:36 AM »
I'm having a blast with it. I could never do VR but in the comforts of my room and monitor, I can deal. It is indeed scary as balls and the best part is that while there's obvious jump scares and such, the main horror and fear doesn't stem from that at all, it's just the atmosphere, environment and especially the sounds...those fucking sounds. It's got just the right amount of horror to scare me shitless but enough intrigue to keep me going. I love that we're back to basics and surprisingly, love the first person perspective. Third person, while it can be done (Fuck you, Dead Space), is much harder to pull off in horror without some caveats.

You know a game is fucked up when there is a literal disclaimer in the game saying (I'm paraphrasing) "Take break if you feel overwhelmed".  :lol

Are you playing with headphones on that allow you to hear what noises are coming from which direction?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2924 on: January 25, 2017, 07:23:50 AM »
I just recently finished my playthrough of remastered original RE.  I haven't followed the series since the 2 RE as the series seemed to go a different directions with the gameplay.  I'd be interested in the new one, but I know nothing about it.  To IGN I go...

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2925 on: January 25, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »

Are you playing with headphones on that allow you to hear what noises are coming from which direction?

Yep! I can't play immersive games like this without them. They're really nice headphones, at that, nothing insane or audiophile worthy, but great (or maybe they are audiophile worthy, I dunno; it's the HyperX Cloud Stinger...the name makes your penis grow an inch too). I also have the in game settings to what is called "simulated surround" on the headphones setting. It's pretty fantastic. I actually haven't even played the game yet using my speakers, which are great but not as nice as the headphones, I'll have to try that later.

RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2926 on: January 25, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »

Meh. In the original RE it said " YOU HAVE STEPPED INTO THE WORLD OF SURVIVAL HORROR "

It's just setting the scene.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2927 on: January 25, 2017, 05:22:06 PM »
That city in Mario Odyssey reminds me more of Station Square from Sonic Adventure than the shitty, lifeless town from Sonic 06.  :lol Hell, even the intro of the trailer reminds me of the opening of SA's intro where Chaos pops out of the sewer lids.

Also, XENOBLADE 2 OMG OMG OMG!
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2928 on: January 25, 2017, 05:57:17 PM »
That city in Mario Odyssey reminds me more of Station Square from Sonic Adventure than the shitty, lifeless town from Sonic 06.  :lol Hell, even the intro of the trailer reminds me of the opening of SA's intro where Chaos pops out of the sewer lids.

Also, XENOBLADE 2 OMG OMG OMG!

Station Square was what first came to mind for me as well.

and hell yeah Xenoblade 2. I might buy a switch just for that game.

Also, Resident Evil 7 makes me piss my pants. Hot damn. The first resident evil came out when I was 7 and I remember being freaked out by it, but was still able to get through it. Kudos to this new one for really create some incredible scary atmosphere
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:33:59 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2929 on: January 26, 2017, 08:03:20 AM »

I just picked it up Tuesday.  I don't have VR yet, but this game is creepy enough without it.  I really like how they've combined all the classic elements into this game.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2930 on: January 26, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »
I love the slight callbacks to the games before as well. It's enough to make me smile and let it feel like RE still, but not so much that it feels like they're relying on nostalgia, far from it. I'm slowly progressing and am going to take my time with the game. Both because I don't want to die of a heart attack and also because there is soooo much to soak in. So many people have just blown through this game and it's a real shame because it's very clearly one that will benefit from taking your time.

RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2931 on: January 26, 2017, 06:03:13 PM »
I was lamenting how there is not and probably never will be a Knights of the old republic 3, so I just got part one on steam. Its been like 15 years since I played this thing, and its still damn good.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2932 on: January 27, 2017, 01:14:20 AM »
All the RE re-releases are pretty cheap on PS4 now. I might pick those up soon.  Origins Collection, 4, 5, 6, and Revelations 2.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2933 on: January 27, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »
For the love of god do not waste your money on Revelations 2, even if you loved Revelations 1. It's horrible and gross, and I'm not saying that as someone who isn't super into the action-oriented side of RE, but just as a game itself it's really, really badly made. Multiple short "chapters" (ala the way that Telltale Games release their games, except much more incoherent and short), multiplayer without having multiplayer (as in, the AI constantly screws you over). It's just bad. I even loved RE5 and had a blast with it, with or without a friend; this game literally bends you over for not having a human next to you.

All the others are awesome, and I even have a special place for 6 despite it being my least favorite (I really consider Rev2 to not exist), but Rev2 is pretty much everything bad that Capcom has done in one single game. Even though there's characters in it that got me super excited before they showed any gameplay or anything, they do nothing with them. It's one of the only games I actually wanted to refund, but missed the time frame.

On the bright side, if you end up getting it, you can at least play with others if you can find anyone willing to play it (I think); the Steam version doesn't even let you use actual multiplayer...which...boggles the mind in a game so forced to multiplayer.

RIP DTP.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2934 on: January 27, 2017, 11:50:26 AM »
All this positive feedback of RE7 made me interested in checking it out.  :tup Haven't played since RE4 on my old PS2.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2935 on: January 27, 2017, 12:15:59 PM »
All this positive feedback of RE7 made me interested in checking it out.  :tup Haven't played since RE4 on my old PS2.

Have I said this already ? My fave REs are the first one and then 4. Didn't play any after that. My bro says 7 is old school so I might check it out.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #2936 on: January 27, 2017, 01:58:30 PM »
For the love of god do not waste your money on Revelations 2, even if you loved Revelations 1. It's horrible and gross, and I'm not saying that as someone who isn't super into the action-oriented side of RE, but just as a game itself it's really, really badly made. Multiple short "chapters" (ala the way that Telltale Games release their games, except much more incoherent and short), multiplayer without having multiplayer (as in, the AI constantly screws you over). It's just bad. I even loved RE5 and had a blast with it, with or without a friend; this game literally bends you over for not having a human next to you.

All the others are awesome, and I even have a special place for 6 despite it being my least favorite (I really consider Rev2 to not exist), but Rev2 is pretty much everything bad that Capcom has done in one single game. Even though there's characters in it that got me super excited before they showed any gameplay or anything, they do nothing with them. It's one of the only games I actually wanted to refund, but missed the time frame.

On the bright side, if you end up getting it, you can at least play with others if you can find anyone willing to play it (I think); the Steam version doesn't even let you use actual multiplayer...which...boggles the mind in a game so forced to multiplayer.

Rev 2 is actually the only one I've played before, and I liked it.  :lol

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2937 on: January 27, 2017, 02:13:02 PM »
I am playing Binding of Issac: Afterbirth. I have a 85 death streak.

#feelsbadman
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2938 on: January 27, 2017, 02:56:31 PM »

Rev 2 is actually the only one I've played before, and I liked it.  :lol

:lol Wellllll shit. To each their own! Did you play with others?

I just couldn't stand it and it was mostly with design, not with any kind of "ew action RE" stance or anything (though I do prefer the survival-horror, I'm certainly not the rabid hater of the action side type).

Well, you might be on the opposite end and have a harder time accepting the older entries. Literally the polar opposite in every way to Rev 2, but if you want something that's different, it's definitely that.

RIP DTP.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2939 on: January 28, 2017, 05:56:33 AM »
Currently fucking overpowered in Skyrim. Enchanting skill 100, double enchanted set of clothes for alchemy and smithing, double enchanted set of Daedric armor and double daedric maces... I think you can see where this is going.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin