Author Topic: The Creativity Thread v. we need more artists! [NSFW]  (Read 50243 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
    • BlobVanDam's 3D Portfolio
Re: The Creativity Thread v. we need more artists! [NSFW]
« Reply #700 on: August 14, 2018, 11:22:41 AM »
@Heretic: Thanks! As for your work, it's pixel art, right? I really find it amazing how intricate it is.

Here's a comic cover idea for my comic. I'm not totally set on it, but I do like the overall aesthetic.

I like it. The uneven circles throw me off, but maybe that's the point? Love the colours and style of it.

I finished drawing this one yesterday. Took me almost 24h to do. There's still a ton I could fix up, but it was for a weekly challenge, so I'm done with it now.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The Creativity Thread v. we need more artists! [NSFW]
« Reply #701 on: August 15, 2018, 05:57:29 AM »
Been wanting to build something like this for about 7 years now and had enough spare parts to finally get it off the ground. I always wanted to build something obnoxiously overkill, and I'm liking the progress so far. Now that the my custom chassis finally arrived from a machinist in England, I've started wrench turning.

I'm pretty much building this from scratch and doing most of the design and engineering on the fly. Mounting the body is actually going to be a huge pain in the ass. I'm going to have to work some magic with polystyrene. I've never used the stuff before, so it should be a cool learning experience.

I'm still not sure what I want to do about paint. The wheels are going to stay black, so I'm thinking maybe a fire engine red for the cab. I'd love to do some gold leaf work, but I worry it will make the thing look too busy.

Thoughts?