Author Topic: Doctor Who v. Patrick Troughton  (Read 37388 times)

Offline masterthes

Re: Doctor Who v. Patrick Troughton
« Reply #1295 on: July 24, 2017, 10:20:14 AM »
So, his father then?

Offline soupytwist

« Reply #1296 on: July 28, 2017, 02:28:27 AM »
So for a bit of fun I tried to recast the Doctors as if the show was American, trying to match the age, era and style of the British version with an American/Canadian counterpart.  Here's what I came out with....

Lorne Greene - William Hartnell
Dustin Hoffman - Patrick Troughton
James Garner - John Pertwee.
Gene Wilder - Tom Baker.
Dirk Benedict - Peter Davidson.
Christopher Walken - Colin Baker
Jeff Goldblum - Sylvester Mccoy
Billy Zane - Paul Mcgann
Nic Cage - Chris Eccleston.
Sam Rockwell - David Tennant.
Matthew Lillard - Matt Smith.
Steve Buscemi - Peter Capaldi.
Anna Paquin - Jodie Whittaker.

Morgan Freeman - John Hurt.

Struggled most with John Pertwee finding someone to fit that sort of 70's Dandy style who could still look tough doing Venusian Aikido is hard.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:24:11 AM by soupytwist »

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1297 on: July 28, 2017, 07:07:48 AM »
Have you seen the Youtube video of this? A lot of your casting is similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCv5o7n_mtk&t=6s

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #1298 on: July 30, 2017, 07:14:11 AM »
Finally finished this season.  Capaldi, as always, was fantastic (my favorite Doctor), and another entertaining season.

As sad as I am to see Capaldi (and Moffatt) go, I am definitely excited to see what Jodie Whittaker brings to the role.  She's a talented actress, and I am hopeful.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline soupytwist

« Reply #1299 on: July 31, 2017, 04:43:07 AM »
Have you seen the Youtube video of this? A lot of your casting is similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCv5o7n_mtk&t=6s

Aha.   Well no actually I hadn't seen that before, very interesting.  My list was actually inspired by watching 'The WIcker Man' remake drunk with a mate, after the film my mate said Cage would make a great ham Doctor - I agreed we went about throwing other names around.  I remembered what I though were the better ones and made the list, but I suspect my mate had probably seen that video himself as a few of his contrabutions were similar, Rockwell in particular (which I thought was inspired by him!).

Offline masterthes

« Reply #1300 on: September 22, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »
To keep this thread going, I thought we should have a bit of a debate about Donna's end. If you had to write her story, would you have rather kept the way it ended, or would you rather have had her die young, but knowing she ended up saving billions upon billions of people? I know this sounds morbid, but I'd probably go with the latter: quality over quantity you know

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
    • BlobVanDam's 3D Portfolio
« Reply #1301 on: September 22, 2017, 11:16:28 PM »
I think keeping her alive like that was less cliche, and more sad for The Doctor, and Donna's family. Either way could have worked fine though.
I finished rewatching S4 a couple of weeks ago, and it's definitely my favourite of the Tennant era. Knowing all of the arcs in advance, I enjoyed how it was put together.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1302 on: Today at 03:18:47 PM »
Her ending is the only one I really actually care about and is just as moving and tragic after all those years. It is perfect.