Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip  (Read 279390 times)

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
Re: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2015, 07:47:38 AM »
Find a womang who plays video games as well! But that can backfire - my ex still has my Assassin's Creed games. >:(
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2015, 08:33:26 AM »
Women: They fuck up your plans. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. :lol

Sometimes? :lol

Zydar has the right idea :lol

Women: They fuck up your plans. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. :lol

I only play 2-3 hours of video games every other week now. I miss it.

Yeah man, when I was dating I lost time for all that kinda stuff. Even posting on this forum. At one point I thought about calling it quits but you guys are just too awesome to leave.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »
At one point I thought about calling it quits but you guys are just too awesome to leave.
:metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2015, 04:31:12 PM »
You're never alone in your situation.  You always have someone here who has been through it or is going through it.   Coming here is one of the few things that prevents me from losing it on a daily basis. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #319 on: April 10, 2015, 07:06:05 PM »
You're never alone in your situation.  You always have someone here who has been through it or is going through it.   Coming here is one of the few things that prevents me from losing it on a daily basis. 

:hearts:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #320 on: April 10, 2015, 10:30:44 PM »
Just don't start humping my leg.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »
*smacks Jay with rolled up newspaper*

On a side note, I think I'd like to formally announce my long term stewardship of this august group seeing as I think I've finally found a lady who can put up with my bullshit on a regular basis.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #322 on: April 10, 2015, 10:38:01 PM »

On a side note, I think I'd like to formally announce my long term stewardship of this august group seeing as I think I've finally found a lady who can put up with my bullshit on a regular basis.

She's not one of Blob's 3D creations, is she?   :)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #323 on: April 10, 2015, 10:41:19 PM »
Nope, has a heartbeat and everything. She's actually incredibly cool, I'm kinda shocked at my good fortune.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #324 on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:11 PM »
Nope, has a heartbeat and everything. She's actually incredibly cool, I'm kinda shocked at my good fortune.

I'm just messing around.   Seriously though, good for you.  You deserve it, my friend.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2015, 03:47:05 AM »
That's great RJ, congrats :)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »
Thats awesome, good for you!

I had one of the most amazing dates last night.  Was my 4th date with the same girl that I only met a week ago, but she came over, we ordered delivery, and watched Gone Girl.  We went to bed to "snuggle" where we ended up having a 4+ hour conversation with no TV on, nothing, just the two of us laying together and letting it all out about very personal things and we just connected on a whole different level.  She is the first girl Ive met since my break up that I could totally see myself seriously dating.  She texted me this morning saying she felt something special here, which I agree with.  I can't even remember just talking to someone until 5am and feeling like it was so natural. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2015, 10:06:38 AM »
That's awesome, bro!   Truly awesome.   I love that feeling, when the connection is completely natural. 

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: April 14, 2015, 05:34:03 AM »
"I don't want a relationship, I'm too busy, I want to be single for a while"

Then boom, 2 weeks later, starting with a new guy.

FUCK YOU!

2nd girl in a row that has done this to me now.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #329 on: April 14, 2015, 05:45:47 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #330 on: April 14, 2015, 07:21:50 AM »

FUCK YOU!

Women are worse liars than men are. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #331 on: April 14, 2015, 08:28:03 AM »

FUCK YOU!

They are just as bad, they are human like men and lie and cheat and do all the same things men are well known for doing.  Sorry that you went through that twice, hopefully it works out next time!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #332 on: April 14, 2015, 08:56:50 AM »

FUCK YOU!

They are just as bad, they are human like men and lie and cheat and do all the same things men are well known for doing.  Sorry that you went through that twice, hopefully it works out next time!

The irony is that women tell me that all of the time.  They always tell me that women are much worse than men are.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2015, 10:26:25 AM »

FUCK YOU!

The irony is that women tell me that all of the time.  They always tell me that women are much worse than men are.
It's considered "cool" as a woman to hate on women when talking to dudes. It's like, haha, look at these crazy women, I AM SO NOT LIKE THAT, PLX DATE ME. At least that's how it is when the woman in question is under 30, wouldn't be surprised if the mentality persisted afterwards, and for other reasons.

The "I'm not looking for a relationship right now"-line is a classic white lie. It just means she's waiting for someone else to become available or make up their mind or w/e. The problem with all these "polite" white lies is that they actually aren't polite at all, but since there's a staggering number of people who just don't want to tell the truth, it persists. Sorry you had that happen to you, it's a bummer.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2015, 10:29:12 AM »
So basically women suck.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2015, 10:46:28 AM »

FUCK YOU!

It's considered "cool" as a woman to hate on women when talking to dudes. It's like, haha, look at these crazy women, I AM SO NOT LIKE THAT, PLX DATE ME. At least that's how it is when the woman in question is under 30, wouldn't be surprised if the mentality persisted afterwards, and for other reasons.

The "I'm not looking for a relationship right now"-line is a classic white lie. It just means she's waiting for someone else to become available or make up their mind or w/e. The problem with all these "polite" white lies is that they actually aren't polite at all, but since there's a staggering number of people who just don't want to tell the truth, it persists. Sorry you had that happen to you, it's a bummer.

This is what I don't understand.  I would appreciate it a lot more for a woman to be honest and tell me "hey sorry I really like this other guy so Im going to leave you for him" vs some lie and you find out the truth anyway.  I dont understand the BS, yes I get it's easier, but do people not care about the way other percieve them?  Id rather be the honest asshole than just the asshole (which is what you are going to come off as regardless if you dump one person for another).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2015, 11:14:38 AM »

If I veer into "dick" territory, I apologize in advance, but given what @MoraWinterSoul said (which I agree with), what is the alternative?  "Hey, so and so, you're ok, but I'm waiting for someone better than you."    Mankind has been in existence for, what, couple thousand years now (kidding; it's 100,000's) and don't we know the code at this point?  Are we really expecting people to be totally, brutally, "I-am-going-to-hurt-you" honest?  Especially at the stages of dating we're talking about? 

And this isn't even accounting for the fact that, perhaps, she really WAS being honest and someone came in and completely and utterly rocked her world? 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2015, 01:42:12 PM »

If I veer into "dick" territory, I apologize in advance, but given what @MoraWinterSoul said (which I agree with), what is the alternative?  "Hey, so and so, you're ok, but I'm waiting for someone better than you."    Mankind has been in existence for, what, couple thousand years now (kidding; it's 100,000's) and don't we know the code at this point?  Are we really expecting people to be totally, brutally, "I-am-going-to-hurt-you" honest?  Especially at the stages of dating we're talking about? 

And this isn't even accounting for the fact that, perhaps, she really WAS being honest and someone came in and completely and utterly rocked her world?

Id rather the honest painful truth and being that Johnny said he was in a relationship (which implies more than just dating) than I think you are past the stage of giving a bs reason to end things.  BUt I get my views are different in this area as we've discussed previously in this thread.  Bottomline, its very difficult to tell someone you dont want to be with them anymore for any reason.  For me, ending my engagement was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life and I felt like I ruined someones life by doing that and I did it with complete honesty so I know it's not easy, but it can be done.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #338 on: April 14, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather her be honest with me than just tell me some bullshit.

My past two girlfriends..

First: "I don't think I need to be dating right now, gotta focus on school." - 2 weeks later, dating some dude long distance.  :lol

Second: "I don't think I need to be dating right now, gotta focus on God." - weeks later, she likes another dude, has a picture of her and him as her profile picture on Facebook, and insists that she isn't dating him. Oh, and she is definitely being hypocritical considering some of the stuff she has done recently.

Is it that hard? If I'm gonna lose interest in someone because someone else has caught my eye, I'm going to tell them. Either way it's going to end ugly, but it'll be the right way if you're honest.

I'm certainly tired of committing to people that simply do not give a shit and can't take a relationship seriously. I'm tired of wasting my time, money, effort, and breath on people like those two.

I used to get really upset over these kinds of things, now I'm just kind of tired of them. They don't bother me so much personally, it'd be nice to just have something work out instead of some cop-out taking place.

I oughta just focus on school and then I can meet someone along the way.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2015, 03:55:32 PM »
I oughta just focus on school and then I can meet someone along the way.

I think this may be the best, not because I think you cant or wont find someone.  I just think you shouldn't put expectations on yourself to find someone because that will lead to settling for someone that may not be right or having your heart broken.  Like let it be more natural and less forced and when something clicks then you go from there. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2015, 04:10:06 PM »
It always does work better when it's just natural. I feel like I will try too hard sometimes and I ultimately fail when I do so.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »
It always does work better when it's just natural. I feel like I will try too hard sometimes and I ultimately fail when I do so.

We are all guilty of trying too hard.  No matter how many times we tell ourselves to take it easy, we can't help it.  It's a natural desire to want to be with a member of the opposite sex (or same sex if that's what floats your boat). We are humans, but still animals. So just do what makes you happy.  If you feel like seeking someone out, then do it.  If you think it's not working. Take a break, but don't give up completely.  Sometimes nothing happens at all if you just wait. 

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: April 15, 2015, 05:52:47 AM »
Girl 1: "I need some time being single"

We try things again and when I start to feel good about it, BOOM, I hear she's playing tonsil hockey with another lad.

I lose my shit and go mental then depressed for around 3 months.

Girl 2: (1.5 years after girl 1, nothing in between) "I've just got too much to do at the moment, I cant handle a relationship on top of that"

My mate caught her with another lad 2/3 weeks after that, Rage again, but act a lot calmer to her and just tell her I could have done better.

Has the world gone crazy, why does nobody just want a stable, long lasting romantic relationship? too many people are heartless bastards with no care about anyone but themselves.

At least alcohol is always there for me.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: April 15, 2015, 05:59:30 AM »

We are all guilty of trying too hard.  No matter how many times we tell ourselves to take it easy, we can't help it.  It's a natural desire to want to be with a member of the opposite sex (or same sex if that's what floats your boat). We are humans, but still animals. So just do what makes you happy.  If you feel like seeking someone out, then do it.  If you think it's not working. Take a break, but don't give up completely.  Sometimes nothing happens at all if you just wait.

I can agree with this, its hard to not want to try and find that someone even if its only for a purely physical relationship, its hard to hold back your animal instincts.

Has the world gone crazy, why does nobody just want a stable, long lasting romantic relationship? too many people are heartless bastards with no care about anyone but themselves.

I actually think that people are moving away from those long lasting relationships.  It seems there's a shift in our society where marriage is becoming less common and people are jumping from relationship to relationship more often, maybe due to online dating and the fact that communication has never been easier.  Also, alcohol is not the answer!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2015, 07:16:38 AM »
Girl 1: "I need some time being single"

We try things again and when I start to feel good about it, BOOM, I hear she's playing tonsil hockey with another lad.

I lose my shit and go mental then depressed for around 3 months.

Girl 2: (1.5 years after girl 1, nothing in between) "I've just got too much to do at the moment, I cant handle a relationship on top of that"

My mate caught her with another lad 2/3 weeks after that, Rage again, but act a lot calmer to her and just tell her I could have done better.

Now I KNOW I'm going to be in dick territory, but you posted it, so I consider it fair game.   I stand by my comment.   100%.  And here's why:

"I lose my shit and go mental then depressed for around 3 months." and "Rage again..." and "At least alcohol is always there for me."

If I was dating someone whose palate of reactions included those, I'D tell you those stories too.  Clearly, you're talking about at least one relationship that was troubled to start with, so she must have known what she could expect.   And I can say this because I was MARRIED to someone who's reactions were along those lines.  At one point, I would say ANYTHING to avoid what I called the "red fog".   Honesty is awesome and all, don't get me wrong (and one of the things I've discussed at length with my therapist was the idea of living a more "authentic" life, which includes this), but to expect honesty, you have to earn it, and to do that you have to do your part to build a garden in which it could survive. 

I don't mean to be harsh, but perhaps so it doesn't happen again a third time, you might consider why she felt like she had to take that route (and no, not because "she was a douche"), and more importantly, what you can do to effect a different outcome.

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: April 16, 2015, 05:17:36 AM »
Them feeling ONLY came AFTER the relationship, I can guarantee that during it I was no less than courteous at ALL times, never said a bad word to either of them, which is mainly why I get annoyed when this happens for no reason as far as I can see

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: April 16, 2015, 06:33:25 AM »
Them feeling ONLY came AFTER the relationship, I can guarantee that during it I was no less than courteous at ALL times, never said a bad word to either of them, which is mainly why I get annoyed when this happens for no reason as far as I can see

Fair enough.   I wish you well the next time.   Got to get back on the horse!

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #347 on: April 16, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »
Ok, so I fell into the net dating trap - I met a girl who was NOTHING like what I thought. She looked nothing like her pics, she was WAY more arrogant and self-centered in person, etc. She talked a great deal about her family which she hated, her exes which she also hated and her exes families which she hates most of all. :lol

Oh, well, better luck next time. :)
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: April 16, 2015, 07:24:03 AM »
So the new girl I started dating two weeks ago seems to be the best one I've met.  We connect on so many levels and I feel like she can actually relate to me and my experiences since she has a very similar background.  Anyway, In the two weeks since we first met, we have hung out another 4 times and the other night we were discussing spending Saturday in PA and I mentioned that I went to Penn State and they have their big spring football game this weekend and she practically begged me to go and so now we are spending the entire weekend together and doing a road trip.  We also both confessed to each other that there is more here than just a hook up so I'm really happy with how this is going. 

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #349 on: April 16, 2015, 07:48:10 AM »
So the new girl I started dating two weeks ago seems to be the best one I've met.  We connect on so many levels and I feel like she can actually relate to me and my experiences since she has a very similar background.  Anyway, In the two weeks since we first met, we have hung out another 4 times and the other night we were discussing spending Saturday in PA and I mentioned that I went to Penn State and they have their big spring football game this weekend and she practically begged me to go and so now we are spending the entire weekend together and doing a road trip.  We also both confessed to each other that there is more here than just a hook up so I'm really happy with how this is going.

You going to give her the philly in Philly?