Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip  (Read 279285 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip
« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2015, 09:58:07 AM »
That is awesome!  And while she could be clueless... it is also possible she used that as an ice breaker to start a convo if she is interested?  And yes, please get her pregnant lol

So I made it back from LA and I spoke to the girl I had just met and had that awesome kiss with the entire time I was in LA, then the last night she drops the bomb saying she plans on traveling for up to 9 months of the year and wanted a committed relationship while she travels... well she didnt flat out say that.  She just hinted at it over and over during the course of a text message convo and I asked her what she was implying and she just said this is where either guys leave or stick around.  Well, I don't want to enter a serious long distance relationship so there goes that.  I'm not sure how you expect to find someone that wants that, but good luck to her in her search.

For some people it's actually ideal.  Especially in the beginning.  I don't think I could do it though.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2015, 10:07:50 AM »
I have no less than three dates this week. The first one starts tonight so wish me luck guys! :)
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »
I have no less than three dates this week. The first one starts tonight so wish me luck guys! :)

Good luck!  :metal

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2015, 02:02:05 PM »

Good luck!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2015, 02:51:41 PM »
Good luck!

(Now, apparently, all three dates are covered.)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #285 on: March 31, 2015, 08:17:17 PM »
Went on a date today. She was nice.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #286 on: March 31, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »
That's it?  Or are you just being kind?    :lol

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #287 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:49 PM »
Haha nah, it was fun. We went out to eat and then I took her back to her dorm so she could work on her paper. I don't have any idea what I'm looking for right now, but we'll see what happens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #288 on: March 31, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »
Just have fun and take it a day at a time.   

I haven't been on a date yet but I'm talking to about a half a dozen different women right now, so I'm assuming within the next week or so I'll meet one of them at least. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #289 on: March 31, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
Ladies Man, you are.

And yeah, and my ex broke up with me about a month ago, but it doesn't have much impact because I just don't find myself caring too much.

Really I just don't know what to do with my life right now. I find myself being super bored. I go to school during the week and work with my mom on days I'm off. Just kind of a stale life tbh, but I always find myself having more fun when I have someone I can be close and intimate with.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #290 on: March 31, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »

I haven't been on a date yet but I'm talking to about a half a dozen different women right now, so I'm assuming within the next week or so I'll meet one of them at least.

Sorry dude, they're all me.  I wanted to make you feel better.  I do love dirty talk.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #291 on: March 31, 2015, 08:55:50 PM »
Ladies Man, you are.

And yeah, and my ex broke up with me about a month ago, but it doesn't have much impact because I just don't find myself caring too much.

Really I just don't know what to do with my life right now. I find myself being super bored. I go to school during the week and work with my mom on days I'm off. Just kind of a stale life tbh, but I always find myself having more fun when I have someone I can be close and intimate with.

Not at all.   :biggrin:    I just like to keep my options open until I meet someone I really like. 

I empathize with you completely.  I finally moved into my own place after my wife and I separated and now I can't be here for more than a few hours without an overwhelming feeling of sadness and loneliness, so I just pick up and go for a drive and usually wind up at Starbucks for a couple of hours.   I miss the same things you do, that closeness and intimacy and the comfort. I thrive on comfort.

Sorry dude, they're all me.  I wanted to make you feel better.  I do love dirty talk.

That's fine with me.  So regardless of which woman I choose, I'm a winner.  Just make sure you know how to cook Italian food and you'll always have a place in my heart. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #292 on: March 31, 2015, 08:58:53 PM »
Ladies Man, you are.

Not at all.   :biggrin:    I just like to keep my options open until I meet someone I really like. 

I empathize with you completely.  I finally moved into my own place after my wife and I separated and now I can't be here for more than a few hours without an overwhelming feeling of sadness and loneliness, so I just pick up and go for a drive and usually wind up at Starbucks for a couple of hours.   I miss the same things you do, that closeness and intimacy and the comfort. I thrive on comfort.

Yeah it's good to keep a variety of "contestants"

And I do the same thing. I can't stand to be by myself for too long, it drives me crazy.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #293 on: March 31, 2015, 09:08:48 PM »
Still haven't done my thing yet that I've been talking about for awhile now. Not for lack of trying--it's just never worked out. If she says no when I ask her again soon, then that's when I'll stop. It's a weird situation though, so without being directly involved, it's hard to explain to other people. A guy at work pointed out to me though: "Someone's gotta make a move at some point, there's something between you guys and other people have taken notice."  That gave me a good chuckle, because it lets me know that I'm not the only one who senses something.

Last week at work, if someone had been watching closely they would have assumed already that we are dating. After our shift ended, we shopped together, checked out together, and left together. We were attached at the hip there for a little while. The same manager who made a comment last time said that wherever I am, she's usually nearby and vice versa.

I do enjoy that "will they or won't they" tension though..   :lol
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #294 on: March 31, 2015, 09:09:02 PM »
I know.  It's frustrating and unsettling.  This is the first time in my life I've been on my own.  One month in and here I am pacing back and forth.   I'll probably wind up lying down and falling asleep. 

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #295 on: March 31, 2015, 09:41:56 PM »
And I do the same thing. I can't stand to be by myself for too long, it drives me crazy.
What a curious thing, I'm exactly the opposite. I NEED to be alone most of the time, even if I deeply enjoy the company of others - after a few hours I start to feel really uncomfortable if I'm not on my own. Guess that's why I'm still single :lol .

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #296 on: April 01, 2015, 01:14:09 AM »
Date number one went quite well. She's a metal lady with dreads and lots of tattoos. :metal My kinda gal, so to speak. ;)
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her again but I really don't see it going anywhere. She was fun and all but nothing more than that.

Oh well, the next one is on friday. :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: April 01, 2015, 06:05:39 AM »
Sometimes just being fun is enough, at least for me... but yea that only goes so far.

I actually got a date tonight myself.  So on Monday I hit up okcupid and pretty much had a text convo with a new girl all afternoon yesterday and she asks me to chat later at 10pm, I thought it was odd she specifically put a time to chat, but I said yea since i was home.  10 comes and she asks to call me.  I freaked out for a moment.  I've dated about 6 or 7 girls since I broke up with my x in August, but not one time had a girl wanted to have a phone conversation.  So I told her give me a few and Id call her since I needed a moment to mentally prepare myself.  So we talked and it turns out we have so much in common, she actually said it was scarey how similar our situations are.  So we agreed to meet up tonight for coffee.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2015, 07:12:58 AM »
Date number one went quite well. She's a metal lady with dreads and lots of tattoos. :metal My kinda gal, so to speak. ;)
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her again but I really don't see it going anywhere. She was fun and all but nothing more than that.

Oh well, the next one is on friday. :metal

Good luck on the next one.

Sometimes just being fun is enough, at least for me... but yea that only goes so far.

I actually got a date tonight myself.  So on Monday I hit up okcupid and pretty much had a text convo with a new girl all afternoon yesterday and she asks me to chat later at 10pm, I thought it was odd she specifically put a time to chat, but I said yea since i was home.  10 comes and she asks to call me.  I freaked out for a moment.  I've dated about 6 or 7 girls since I broke up with my x in August, but not one time had a girl wanted to have a phone conversation.  So I told her give me a few and Id call her since I needed a moment to mentally prepare myself.  So we talked and it turns out we have so much in common, she actually said it was scarey how similar our situations are.  So we agreed to meet up tonight for coffee.

That's great!  So far, so good. 

What a curious thing, I'm exactly the opposite. I NEED to be alone most of the time, even if I deeply enjoy the company of others - after a few hours I start to feel really uncomfortable if I'm not on my own. Guess that's why I'm still single :lol .

It's strange because I'm extremely introverted and always need my alone time but I think because of the situation I'm in, having NO choice but to be alone, it's a bit overwhelming.  I like the option of having someone and also being allowed that time to go out on my own for a couple of hours by going for a hike or sitting by the water.  I'm completely immersed in solitude now and it's something I never had to deal with before. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #299 on: April 01, 2015, 07:22:07 AM »
Ladies Man, you are.

Just offering this, as I went through something similar not long ago... I know everyone is different, but for me, I couldn't sit in the four walls for long, and while I'm not a huge drinker, I would go to my local Irish bar and sit in the end seat and read the paper, do a crossword (I'm a xword nut), or just chat with the two bartenders I knew.    Having said that, though, I would talk with ANYBODY.   And it became fun in and of itself just talking to random people.  You find a couple things:  there are some FUCKED UP people in the world; no matter what your situation, there is SOMEONE in a situation that is similar; and people are generally friendly.   But from that, you figure out things.  I HATE doing my crossword with people (I say this to be funny, but most people are dumber than me), but I would sort of force myself to let it happen, and I can't tell you how many times I ended up with a name and phone number on the top of the folded up paper.  Almost none of them panned out for anything, but that isn't the point.  It gets you out there, it gets you forgetting about your situation, and it sharpens your conversation skills (for real).   

Here's why this is important:  for most of my life, I had a fear of being single.  But after my divorce (perhaps the one time I was FORCED to be single) this tactic sort of took the edge off.  So now, while I am dating someone I really like, and don't want her to go, I don't FEAR her going.  I don't want to be single, but I don't fear it.  I'm half-assed good looking, have a little coin, and can carry a conversation.   I know I'll find someone, and in the meantime, I'm at an age where we're all adults, so to speak, so not everything has to be a "long term committed relationship" if you're following me.   In an odd way, this has made my relationship better and more honest.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2015, 07:31:50 AM »
Thanks for the input.  Maybe I'll go to my favorite local bar next time.  I know the owner and graduated high school with his son.  I used to go there a lot and came to knew most of the regulars.  Maybe I'll check that place out again a couple of times a week.  The food is always good and it beats the nothing I've been eating lately.   :lol

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2015, 03:24:26 PM »
My girlfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago and I've realised that Facebook is just the worst thing ever...

Every time I see her or her name I feel sick to my stomach, had to 'unfriend' her because I'm sick of that feeling every time

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2015, 04:17:46 PM »
My girlfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago and I've realised that Facebook is just the worst thing ever...

Every time I see her or her name I feel sick to my stomach, had to 'unfriend' her because I'm sick of that feeling every time

Sorry to hear that, my friend.  I am familiar with that feeling all too well.  It's the hardest part of any break-up.  Eventually those unsettling feelings will dissipate and you'll be able to move on easier.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2015, 04:57:24 PM »

Sorry to hear that, my friend.  I am familiar with that feeling all too well.  It's the hardest part of any break-up.  Eventually those unsettling feelings will dissipate and you'll be able to move on easier.

I know, I know,

Its just the first few weeks that are hard  :sad:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »
I empathize.  It's still hard being in this apartment alone, knowing my daughter is living elsewhere. The loneliness factor is amplified when other specifics are also bringing you down.   

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2015, 05:16:59 PM »
I empathize.  It's still hard being in this apartment alone, knowing my daughter is living elsewhere. The loneliness factor is amplified when other specifics are also bringing you down.

Amen to that, but I'm sure things will soon look up  :smiley:

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2015, 05:22:30 PM »
I'm not sure if I enjoy being single right now.

Pros:
- More free time for me
-Saving money

Cons:
-Can be boring sometimes
- No intimacy

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »

Amen to that, but I'm sure things will soon look up  :smiley:

Each day seems brighter.  That's all either of us can hope for. 

Pros:
- More free time for me
-Saving money

Cons:
-Can be boring sometimes
- No intimacy

Those are basically my pros and cons, too.

Offline jonnybaxy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2015, 05:35:51 PM »

Pros:
- More free time for me
-Saving money

Cons:
-Can be boring sometimes
- No intimacy

Those are basically my pros and cons, too.

This

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #309 on: April 08, 2015, 03:46:45 AM »

That's why I unfriended both my exes when we broke up. When you have your heart broken, you need time away from everything that even reminds you off your ex. You'll always have the option to add them again in the future if you want to stay friends.

Pros:
- More free time for me
-Saving money

Cons:
-Can be boring sometimes
- No intimacy
Basically this. Also, I've never played so much video games as I do now. :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: April 08, 2015, 05:55:09 AM »
Yea, those Pros and Cons are fairly universal.  Last week I had dinner with my parents and my mom seemed so surprised when I told her I find my wallet a lot heavier since I dumped my x.  I didnt realize how much money I spent on her either though.  The boring and more free time though can be used to explore things you wouldnt have done while in a relationship.  For example, I am very close to planning a week long vacation by myself with all that extra money and time I have for myself.

The girl I met last week had asked me almost every day since then to hang out which was very close to making me not want to see her because I thought she was being too aggressive, well we were talking about the Rangers/Devils game and she ended up coming over to my house to watch it.  Well that turned into more than I expected so now Im seeing her again tonight  :biggrin:  Funny how things work out.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #311 on: April 08, 2015, 07:06:40 AM »
Women: They fuck up your plans. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #312 on: April 08, 2015, 07:16:55 AM »

Sometimes? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: April 08, 2015, 07:21:07 AM »
Women: They fuck up your plans. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. :zydar:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2015, 07:25:32 AM »

I only play 2-3 hours of video games every other week now. I miss it.