Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip  (Read 279281 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Lonely Hearts Club Thread v. The Strong Grip
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
No sorries necessary, Im totally cool with it.  I dont need women who are going to be drama in my life.  I sent her a nice "goodbye" message thanking her for the awesome meals she cooked for me and good luck to her future which I got no response and blocked on instagram within minutes of sending that.  Kind of shows shes not the girl I want to invest my time into anyway.

Want me to follow her on Instagram and provide updates and possible confirmation of the other guy? Everyone accepts an invite from @pocket_curiosity

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2015, 11:54:44 AM »
lol thanks for the offer.  I honestly dont care, she has every right to be with another guy.  I go to LA on wednesday for 10 days, when I get back its onto finding a new girl and while tonight will now be likely spent alone, at least it will be relaxing and keep my wallet more full cause that place I was going to take her is $20 a plate.  Oh yea, I bought her a bottle of her favorite wine too, I guess I will have to drink it now.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2015, 12:00:02 PM »
No sorries necessary, Im totally cool with it.  I dont need women who are going to be drama in my life.  I sent her a nice "goodbye" message thanking her for the awesome meals she cooked for me and good luck to her future which I got no response and blocked on instagram within minutes of sending that.  Kind of shows shes not the girl I want to invest my time into anyway.

I was trying to make you laugh by calling you Buddy. :D

Want me to follow her on Instagram and provide updates and possible confirmation of the other guy? Everyone accepts an invite from @pocket_curiosity

:lol

It is true.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2015, 12:01:48 PM »

Great call, no need to react to that in the way she did.  Boot to the curb, enjoy your freedom and someone will come along that wants to hear buddy from you in the shower, on the phone, from across the mall and not damn drama.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2015, 02:24:49 PM »
First date since I became single tonight. "Fika" as we call it in swedish with a girl I've known for a few years. Nothing serious about it so I think it's a good move. :)

Good luck and have fun!  Supposed to take the girl I met on okcupid a few weeks ago out tonight to my favorite Mexican restaurant.  She has already cooked me two amazing meals on our last two dates so time to take her out to a nice meal.

After reading this, I was about to post that I have started talking to a couple of women in NJ and that we should double one night just to meet and hang out.  Then I read the rest of your messages.  Sorry man.  I have been faring better with Plenty of Fish actually.  I'm talking to a couple of NJ women and three women here on Staten Island.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
First date since I became single tonight. "Fika" as we call it in swedish with a girl I've known for a few years. Nothing serious about it so I think it's a good move. :)

Good luck and have fun!  Supposed to take the girl I met on okcupid a few weeks ago out tonight to my favorite Mexican restaurant.  She has already cooked me two amazing meals on our last two dates so time to take her out to a nice meal.

After reading this, I was about to post that I have started talking to a couple of women in NJ and that we should double one night just to meet and hang out.  Then I read the rest of your messages.  Sorry man.  I have been faring better with Plenty of Fish actually.  I'm talking to a couple of NJ women and three women here on Staten Island.

Not sure how a double date of internet girls and I guess guys too in this case would go, but if youd want to meet sometime to just chill at a bar or something let me know.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2015, 02:50:59 PM »

Not sure how a double date of internet girls and I guess guys too in this case would go, but if youd want to meet sometime to just chill at a bar or something let me know.

I do have wild ideas sometimes.   :lol     

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2015, 06:28:41 PM »
So after ending things with that one girl, I ended up meeting another okcupid girl for the first time last weekend.  I had been talking to her but I wasn't totally interested and after things going sour wiht the other girl decided to through the idea of meeting up and she happened to be free so we did an impromptu meeting for a drink.  I could tell by her body language she likes me.  She was prettier than her picutres and was really nice, I thought we connected well.  She told me it was the best conversation she had on any online date.  I went to the bathroom and came back to find she paid the bar tab! That was awesome.  She said it was time to decide what to do so I offered her to come back to my place and she accepted.  Watched some TV together and had a good make out session.  Nothing more, but there was solid chemistry there.  She was a great kisser and fun to talk to.  We agreed we needed to try again to see if it truly was that good.  Sadly I go to LA for 10 days now so we won't have another opportunity for a few weeks.  Oh well, most girls and I tend to have a falling out when I go on business trips so we will see.  This was unexpected so if it works, then great, if it doesnt then oh well.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2015, 06:37:02 PM »
Nice man.  At least you had a good time.  You never know, maybe if you guys email/text back and forth while you're way it'll spark a deeper interest. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2015, 06:29:41 AM »
So after ending things with that one girl, I ended up meeting another okcupid girl for the first time last weekend.  I had been talking to her but I wasn't totally interested and after things going sour wiht the other girl decided to through the idea of meeting up and she happened to be free so we did an impromptu meeting for a drink.  I could tell by her body language she likes me.  She was prettier than her picutres and was really nice, I thought we connected well.  She told me it was the best conversation she had on any online date.  I went to the bathroom and came back to find she paid the bar tab! That was awesome.  She said it was time to decide what to do so I offered her to come back to my place and she accepted.  Watched some TV together and had a good make out session.  Nothing more, but there was solid chemistry there.  She was a great kisser and fun to talk to.  We agreed we needed to try again to see if it truly was that good.  Sadly I go to LA for 10 days now so we won't have another opportunity for a few weeks.  Oh well, most girls and I tend to have a falling out when I go on business trips so we will see.  This was unexpected so if it works, then great, if it doesnt then oh well.

My current girlfriend paid for our first bar outting too. She went to the bathroom and paid the server without me knowing. A few days later, she left for Florida for 10 days.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2015, 06:44:14 AM »
Wow, thats hilarious.  Im not all worked up over this girl or anything, just a good first time meet up.  She is in theater and looking to land a gig that will have her traveling somewhere to perform so I dont see anything more than friends with benefits at this point due to my work travel and her potential long term travel if it even amounts to that, for all I know I come back from LA and she is gone to wherever she may go.  I just had to note that she was the best kisser I have encountered since I had become single 6 months ago which is a big turn on for me.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2015, 06:47:43 AM »
I get bored with the kissing after like a month. It's great initially, but it kind of loses its fun fast, at least for me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2015, 06:51:19 AM »
I get bored with the kissing after like a month. It's great initially, but it kind of loses its fun fast, at least for me.

True, but if its a bad kiss then it wont even last a month for me. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2015, 08:06:24 AM »

This exactly.  if a kiss becomes boring after a month or so, the relationship will surely fail.  There needs to be that level of sensuality otherwise I will lose interest. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #259 on: March 17, 2015, 08:09:31 AM »

This exactly.  if a kiss becomes boring after a month or so, the relationship will surely fail.  There needs to be that level of sensuality otherwise I will lose interest.

I completely disagree. Just because I don't want to sit on a couch and lick another tongue for a half hour doesn't mean there is not a high enough level of sensuality. There are way more fun activities to do besides kissing.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2015, 08:29:40 AM »

I completely disagree. Just because I don't want to sit on a couch and lick another tongue for a half hour doesn't mean there is not a high enough level of sensuality. There are way more fun activities to do besides kissing.

It doesn't have to be a half-hour activity. Just one kiss I'm talking about. I need to feel something in just one kiss.  I've been with terrible kissers with gorgeous bodies and been completely turned off. It's a sensuality issue for me. If you can't kiss properly, do you really think I expect the sex to be good?  Anybody can fuck. That's the easy part.  Blow me away with a kiss.  In my experience, it's those with no passion behind their kisses that usually lay there like a dead fish in bed.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »
I actually get really turned on by good kissing.  One minute of kissing and I was ready to go, but if she wasnt a good kisser then I wouldn't of felt the same way and I dont think Id even give it a chance to discover if I liked her enough for other reasons to be able to deal with poor kissing.  Its too important for me and there is a certain chemistry that goes into that as well.  Im not saying I need to feel anything special, but the tongues need to act in a certain way together and when they dont it just doesnt work for me.  Granted the good/warm feelings from that fade away over time like everything else, but I couldnt picture myself dating someone I didnt enjoy kissing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »
I'm not saying I don't enjoy kissing. Don't get me wrong, it leads to probably 95% of mine and my girlfriends' sexual encounters. What I'm trying to say is that when we first dated/started meeting places, we'd make out in one of our cars for a long ass time. Now, after dating for a while and living in a house together, I don't really have any desire to just sit and make out for a half hour just for the sake of making out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2015, 09:40:26 AM »
Yea I agree, I personally dont enjoy 30 minutes of kissing.  For me, it needs to lead to other things or Id rather stop sooner than a half hour.  However, a first time kiss that goes on for awhile can be enjoyable or the first few times since you are just starting to explore each other.  My main point is I need to enjoy the kiss the first time or I will lose my desire to continue. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #264 on: March 17, 2015, 09:43:11 AM »
Agreed.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2015, 09:53:10 AM »
Yea I agree, I personally dont enjoy 30 minutes of kissing.  For me, it needs to lead to other things or Id rather stop sooner than a half hour.  However, a first time kiss that goes on for awhile can be enjoyable or the first few times since you are just starting to explore each other.  My main point is I need to enjoy the kiss the first time or I will lose my desire to continue.

it needs to be more than the first time.  I'm not saying 15 years later it better feel the same but it has to last for a while for me. I need something to keep my attention as I'm getting to know her and falling for her. I'm not also not saying if every other aspect of her was perfect, I would dump her.  It's a tough situation.  I started seeing a girl who was basically gorgeous, her kiss was dead and lifeless. There's me at the end of the night watching her perfectly muscled ass walking away realizing I need to tell her that a second date will probably not happen.  I did give her one more chance, thinking maybe she was just nervous or something.  So we went out and we started getting into this heavy makeout session.  It was terrrrible.  Her tongue was all over my face, her lips were drier than a nun's cunt, and I just felt like running away.  I ended it after that evening. 

So, yeah.  I need to feel passion behind a kiss with someone new.  And it does have to last for a while. You can't have this passion disappearing three, four, five dates later because the person stopped trying.  It needs to last for a while.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2015, 10:03:10 AM »
ITT: We like kissing.

My two cents: I enjoy my girlfriend's kisses and have done so from the first one we gave each other. I also think kissing is an important factor in showing affection in any relationship (at least in mine), so whenever she would start giving me worse kisses or whatever, I might jump to conclusions and think something's up.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2015, 02:54:51 PM »
So I just got back from meeting with my ex girlfriend to get my stuff back. I let her borrow some of my Florida State shirts and a couple CDs and I needed that stuff back ASAP, lol.

It wasn't very awkward because I felt like another chapter in my life had ended, but a new one would be starting soon. I probably hated her two weeks ago, but now, there's no point. She's just irrelevant to me, and I'm happy with that. Can't wait to see what's in store for me in the future.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »
So I just got back from meeting with my ex girlfriend to get my stuff back. I let her borrow some of my Florida State shirts and a couple CDs and I needed that stuff back ASAP, lol.

It wasn't very awkward because I felt like another chapter in my life had ended, but a new one would be starting soon. I probably hated her two weeks ago, but now, there's no point. She's just irrelevant to me, and I'm happy with that. Can't wait to see what's in store for me in the future.

:tup Cool and good job, no point in making things awkward.  And thats definitely a good way to look at it, thinking ahead.

Offline Daso

• A cultivator of dread
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2015, 10:37:33 PM »
It's been quite a while since I last posted on the forum at all, and I think it's the first time I post on a thread under the General Discussion category, but I suppose some outer opinion from people other than my close friends could help a lot at this point, particularly because none of them has given me some I could actually use  :lol

So, first off there's this girl I met about two months ago. In college, we were organizing a party and we had to sell tickets for it and so on, so some of us went to classrooms of other careers in order to boost sales and attendance. I went to one and gave my cellphone number out loud so anyone who was interested could chat me. Anyways, she was the only one to chat me, telling me she wanted 6 tickets for her and friends. She was super friendly while talking, and I figured she doesn't actually know too many people since she's foreign and got here only a few months ago. At one point she stopped answering and to be honest I didn't mind. A couple of days latter I chatted to her to know if she still wanted the tickets, and she told me she wasn't going to the party anymore because a friend of hers had been killed the day we were talking (not that she blamed me or felt any type of pretentious deal was going on, she was mourning). I've seen her around for these two months, but didn't think she actually remember who I was, until last week she walked past by me and stopped to say hi, and she does the same every time I see her now.

I've wanted to chat her now since I thought she was cool back then and she's really pretty, but we only talked those two times and I feel the only memory she could possibly have of me is "the guy who was selling tickets back when my friend was killed". It worries me that I wouldn't be able to keep the conversation flowing or something as well and I keep putting off talking to her because of that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2015, 03:42:16 AM »
I say shoot her a text and try to spark a convo that way. You got nothing to lose since you aren't friends or anything. You already got her number. I guess you can always stop her next time you say hi to spark a convo too, but if you are worried about holding a convo, then chatting through text is easier.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2015, 06:12:34 AM »
It's been quite a while since I last posted on the forum at all, and I think it's the first time I post on a thread under the General Discussion category, but I suppose some outer opinion from people other than my close friends could help a lot at this point, particularly because none of them has given me some I could actually use  :lol

So, first off there's this girl I met about two months ago. In college, we were organizing a party and we had to sell tickets for it and so on, so some of us went to classrooms of other careers in order to boost sales and attendance. I went to one and gave my cellphone number out loud so anyone who was interested could chat me. Anyways, she was the only one to chat me, telling me she wanted 6 tickets for her and friends. She was super friendly while talking, and I figured she doesn't actually know too many people since she's foreign and got here only a few months ago. At one point she stopped answering and to be honest I didn't mind. A couple of days latter I chatted to her to know if she still wanted the tickets, and she told me she wasn't going to the party anymore because a friend of hers had been killed the day we were talking (not that she blamed me or felt any type of pretentious deal was going on, she was mourning). I've seen her around for these two months, but didn't think she actually remember who I was, until last week she walked past by me and stopped to say hi, and she does the same every time I see her now.

I've wanted to chat her now since I thought she was cool back then and she's really pretty, but we only talked those two times and I feel the only memory she could possibly have of me is "the guy who was selling tickets back when my friend was killed". It worries me that I wouldn't be able to keep the conversation flowing or something as well and I keep putting off talking to her because of that.

Just go for it.  Like cram said, you have nothing to lose.  Just be friendly and comforting and even if she isn't interested she'll be polite about it.  Don't make it awkward for her because then it just gets extremely weird and uncomfortable.  You don't want the last words you say to her (if she decides not to bite) to be awkward.  Just be friendly and she'll appreciate it regardless of her decision,

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2015, 06:24:59 AM »

It doesn't have to be a half-hour activity. Just one kiss I'm talking about. I need to feel something in just one kiss.  I've been with terrible kissers with gorgeous bodies and been completely turned off. It's a sensuality issue for me. If you can't kiss properly, do you really think I expect the sex to be good?  Anybody can fuck. That's the easy part.  Blow me away with a kiss.  In my experience, it's those with no passion behind their kisses that usually lay there like a dead fish in bed.

I'm with you on that.  100%.  Kissing is absolutely a deal-breaker for me, because while you can do all these other things, a kiss can happen anywhere.  There is nothing better than being in a mall or a restaurant, and sneaking a quick kiss, and having it be electric, knowing there is so much more waiting for later.   My current girlfriend is the best kisser I've ever dated, and that is something that has definitely brought us closer. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2015, 06:59:22 AM »

I'm with you on that.  100%.  Kissing is absolutely a deal-breaker for me, because while you can do all these other things, a kiss can happen anywhere.  There is nothing better than being in a mall or a restaurant, and sneaking a quick kiss, and having it be electric, knowing there is so much more waiting for later.   My current girlfriend is the best kisser I've ever dated, and that is something that has definitely brought us closer.

This is what I was trying to express, the convenience that it can happen anywhere and if she's a good kisser then it seals our fate better than if she were just terrible at it.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2015, 11:39:08 PM »
So I was on Plenty of Fish earlier this evening and out of nowhere I get an email from this woman. Now, I don't have many photos of myself so my selection is limited.  So I used one of the photos from last March when I met the guys from DT.  It's a picture of me an JP.  So this girl emails me and says, "OMG How do you know John Petrucci. He's my cousin."   It winds up this girl is indeed one of JP's cousins and JP's mother is this girl's godmother.  We had some small conversation and then she headed to bed so I'm not sure if that is going to progress anywhere but I found that to be pretty cool. 

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2015, 07:33:30 AM »
Unless this girl is absolutely clueless about what he does for a living, that is a rather stupid thing to ask. I think the assumption of any picture with a famous artist should be that you don't really know the artist, you just happened to meet him.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2015, 08:13:32 AM »
Dude. Get her pregnant. Then you'll get gifts from Petrucci and will probably get to chill with him on Christmas and stuff.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2015, 09:36:37 AM »
Unless this girl is absolutely clueless about what he does for a living, that is a rather stupid thing to ask. I think the assumption of any picture with a famous artist should be that you don't really know the artist, you just happened to meet him.

Not necessarily.  For all she knows I could be one of his many friends that she never met. 

Dude. Get her pregnant. Then you'll get gifts from Petrucci and will probably get to chill with him on Christmas and stuff.

:lol   Do I get the phone call from James?   "At this point we would like to welcome you to the family"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2015, 09:37:08 AM »
That is awesome!  And while she could be clueless... it is also possible she used that as an ice breaker to start a convo if she is interested?  And yes, please get her pregnant lol

So I made it back from LA and I spoke to the girl I had just met and had that awesome kiss with the entire time I was in LA, then the last night she drops the bomb saying she plans on traveling for up to 9 months of the year and wanted a committed relationship while she travels... well she didnt flat out say that.  She just hinted at it over and over during the course of a text message convo and I asked her what she was implying and she just said this is where either guys leave or stick around.  Well, I don't want to enter a serious long distance relationship so there goes that.  I'm not sure how you expect to find someone that wants that, but good luck to her in her search.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2015, 09:54:21 AM »
That is awesome!  And while she could be clueless... it is also possible she used that as an ice breaker to start a convo if she is interested?  And yes, please get her pregnant lol

So I made it back from LA and I spoke to the girl I had just met and had that awesome kiss with the entire time I was in LA, then the last night she drops the bomb saying she plans on traveling for up to 9 months of the year and wanted a committed relationship while she travels... well she didnt flat out say that.  She just hinted at it over and over during the course of a text message convo and I asked her what she was implying and she just said this is where either guys leave or stick around.  Well, I don't want to enter a serious long distance relationship so there goes that.  I'm not sure how you expect to find someone that wants that, but good luck to her in her search.

I know a girl that met a guy abroad in England a few years ago. She moved back home to the states after the semester was over. She flew back out there a year or so later and married him. She came back to the states again, and they've been a married couple living in separate countries for almost two years now. I don't understand it.