Author Topic: Post Yur Piture Thead v. Surfin' Bird  (Read 442554 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Post Your Picture Thead v. Surfin' Bird
« Reply #2765 on: February 18, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2766 on: February 18, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »
Had a free day during the business trip in Egypt and, naturally, I went to see the pyramids:

That is so awesome Ruslan. That's the first pic I've seen of you. So that IS YOU in your avatar!

I would love to go to Egypt, but I'm pretty sure I'm steering clear of the Middle East.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2767 on: February 18, 2017, 05:40:09 PM »
Great picture!  Just you and a pyramid.

In the U.S., there would be a railing going all the way around, or at least those posts with red ropes marking off the area, and signs every 10 feet saying "Do Not Climb On The Pyramids" because Americans are freakin' idiots.  Over there, there are no such signs because what are you, an idiot?  Of course you can't just climb up the pyramids, they're one of the Seven Wonders of the World.  Stand here and look at them.  Take some pictures.

He said, as people are in the picture are standing and sitting on the pyramid, potentially causing damage to them.

I  wish I was better at photoshop, I'd put someone way up at the top, like 20 feet from the summit.  :) 

But Orbert is right; I was at Universal and saw some douche parent taking a picture of his kid SITTING ON THE DO NOT CLIMB ON THIS SIGN.   I was THISCLOSE to saying something snotty to him and figured it would be better for my health to just go drink. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2768 on: February 18, 2017, 05:40:55 PM »
Yeah hence why I was hesitant to get this jacket :rollin

It's not why I got it. I just like kinda military looking clothes. It's really comfy too.

Ever play an Epiphone SG?  Are they good instruments? 

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2769 on: February 18, 2017, 08:33:59 PM »
Great picture!  Just you and a pyramid.

In the U.S., there would be a railing going all the way around, or at least those posts with red ropes marking off the area, and signs every 10 feet saying "Do Not Climb On The Pyramids" because Americans are freakin' idiots.  Over there, there are no such signs because what are you, an idiot?  Of course you can't just climb up the pyramids, they're one of the Seven Wonders of the World.  Stand here and look at them.  Take some pictures.

He said, as people are in the picture are standing and sitting on the pyramid, potentially causing damage to them.

I  wish I was better at photoshop, I'd put someone way up at the top, like 20 feet from the summit.  :) 

But Orbert is right; I was at Universal and saw some douche parent taking a picture of his kid SITTING ON THE DO NOT CLIMB ON THIS SIGN.   I was THISCLOSE to saying something snotty to him and figured it would be better for my health to just go drink. 

That's right, just walk away!

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2770 on: February 19, 2017, 01:15:56 AM »
Ok, this might be a noob question but what's the quickest/easiest way to just get a pic up on here?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2771 on: February 19, 2017, 01:19:20 AM »
Upload image to a website such as Imgur, then copy the image link and paste it here in [img] tags.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2772 on: February 19, 2017, 01:23:46 AM »
Upload image to a website such as Imgur, then copy the image link and paste it here in [img] tags.

Well I was hoping to be able to do it without having to sign up or make an account for anything  :yeahright

Cheers though Bolsters  :tup

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2773 on: February 19, 2017, 01:25:48 AM »
You can sign up for an Imgur account if you want to keep track of all your uploads, but it isn't actually necessary.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2774 on: February 19, 2017, 01:27:52 AM »
You can sign up for an Imgur account if you want to keep track of all your uploads, but it isn't actually necessary.

Ok, nice one  :tup

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2775 on: February 19, 2017, 01:48:39 AM »

Ha, first time trying this.

Here is a recent one (on the left) from my brothers Instagram! The one on the right is from about a year ago when my beard was at it's longest, I miss it  :tdwn
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:01:57 AM by twosuitsluke »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2776 on: February 19, 2017, 02:28:59 AM »
Luke, your beard is fuckin excellent. Also, you can fairly easily just link your pics from facebook:

1. Right click the pic. If the popup menu includes the option "Copy image address", great. If not, select "Open link in new tab".

2. After opening the image in a new tab (in case "Copy image address" didn't come up the first time), right click the image in the new tab and "Copy image address" should now appear.

3. Paste the address inside [img] tags in your post at DTF.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2777 on: February 19, 2017, 03:08:32 AM »
Sweet Baroness shirt duud

I guess I'll join the party. I don't have any mildly interesting pictures with awesome views like Ruslan, so you'll have to do with this half-focused picture from last Friday at a dorm party at the school campus (I'm on the right with the non-sensical hand gesture, holding an invisible shot glass)

people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2778 on: February 19, 2017, 03:31:28 AM »
Dork  :rollin

Luke, your beard is fuckin excellent. Also, you can fairly easily just link your pics from facebook:

1. Right click the pic. If the popup menu includes the option "Copy image address", great. If not, select "Open link in new tab".

2. After opening the image in a new tab (in case "Copy image address" didn't come up the first time), right click the image in the new tab and "Copy image address" should now appear.

3. Paste the address inside [img] tags in your post at DTF.

Cheers dude, I'll try it at some point.

Also, my beard was excellent but now it's a shadow of it's former self  :(

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2779 on: February 19, 2017, 03:49:31 AM »
:metal Sweet upper lip facial hair that you're rockin, Train.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2780 on: February 19, 2017, 04:15:09 AM »
Thanks man :metal I wish I could grow a full beard though, this is basically where it stops

Dork
:(
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2781 on: February 19, 2017, 04:27:11 AM »
Thanks man :metal I wish I could grow a full beard though, this is basically where it stops

Dork
:(

Jokes  :lol

I couldn't grow a full beard until I was about 26 so you've got time. I had a little goatee at about 20  :hat that was about it.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2782 on: February 19, 2017, 06:45:39 AM »
Luke, your beard is fuckin excellent.

Agreed!  :tup

Also, you can fairly easily just link your pics from facebook

I used to do that, but learned that Facebook re-randomizes their picture URLs.  I used Facebook for cheapo image hosting for a while, then a few weeks/months later, a lot of the links were broken.  (Discovered this when I went to re-read an old Discography.)  My guess is that Facebook does that on purpose.  They want you to use their service, but only the way they want you to.

If you're only planning on the picture being relevant for a short while, it's okay, but you never know how long the link will last.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2783 on: February 19, 2017, 08:55:39 AM »
Yeah hence why I was hesitant to get this jacket :rollin

It's not why I got it. I just like kinda military looking clothes. It's really comfy too.

Ever play an Epiphone SG?  Are they good instruments?

If you get a top end one. If you get an Epiphone SG standard they can be a bit ropey. A custom would probs be good if they're as nice as their Les Paul Customs.

But a friend had an Epiphone SG Standard and he put really hot pups in it and it sounded great.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2784 on: February 19, 2017, 10:32:40 AM »
That is so awesome Ruslan. That's the first pic I've seen of you. So that IS YOU in your avatar!

:rollin

Luke, that's an awesome beard you've got there.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2785 on: February 19, 2017, 10:33:36 PM »
On Thanksgiving day I weighed 210 lbs. and had a 38" waist (95.5 kg, 96.5cm for you metric folks) and 87 days into my health kick I'm down 28 lbs. and 6" (13 kg and 15 cm) to now be 182 lbs. with a 32" waist (83 kg, 81 cm) so I can now dress like a 16 year old.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2786 on: February 19, 2017, 10:34:42 PM »
My King Aragorn!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2787 on: February 19, 2017, 10:54:21 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2788 on: February 20, 2017, 02:43:15 AM »
I lost around 10 lb since Jan 1st

And it's completely stalled there. I doubled my exercise and continued to eat healthy etc... Nope.

Just would not lose any more.

Fuck it. i don't want to over do the exercise and hurt myself.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2789 on: February 20, 2017, 06:21:00 AM »
I hear ya. I've been between 182 and 187 for 3 weeks. Not gonna stop me though since I realize there's never any downside to living healthy. Also, I realized that I might just be building muscle slowly and that the combo of burning fat and gaining muscle may just be canceling each other out numerically.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2790 on: February 20, 2017, 06:34:06 AM »
Indeed. But I was hoping to get down to 12 stone 0 ( 168 lbs ) but there we go.

I've definitely lost some gut though since all my jeans are now loose af...

Plus I definitely have a lot more definition in that area too so...

Oh and i'm not giving up eating healthy. I'm still not having sugar and bad food. Just maybe occasionally I won't feel guilty about having a snickers :p

Like the other day when I took my 13 y/o bro to the cinema. I had Pringles, Ice Cream and Pepsi. I was just a one off so probably didn't do much damage.

Summer at work - I will be walking around 4 miles a day just doing stuff so that - combined with the healthy eating - will probably help keep it off as well.

:hat

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2791 on: February 20, 2017, 08:16:22 AM »
Word. Stay motivated :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2792 on: February 23, 2017, 07:54:24 PM »
1992.  So damn young. 

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2793 on: February 23, 2017, 08:11:25 PM »
WTF are you wearing? That shirt! :lol
And is that a tie or a shoelace around your neck?
My God, brother!

Is that the Queen?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2794 on: February 23, 2017, 08:15:24 PM »
I hope king's shirt collection has been preserved in a shirt museum somewhere - they should not be forgotten.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2795 on: February 23, 2017, 08:17:58 PM »
It is and you know when the girl you love bought you that shirt and stupid shoelace tie, you wear it. :lol

Be lucky I don't post me in Z cavariccis!  :lol

To this day I bitches about that dress shirt.  If it plugged in I used to tell her it said, "Eat at Joe's."  Giggity.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2796 on: February 23, 2017, 08:25:21 PM »

To this day I bitches about that dress shirt.  If it plugged in I used to tell her it said, "Eat at Joe's."  Giggity.

What in the holy hell?? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2797 on: February 23, 2017, 08:27:23 PM »
Man, I must type bitches a lot. :lol

Also It's! :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2798 on: February 23, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »
I figure you put 3 shirts on the bed and decided to wear that one. How fucking ugly were the others? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2799 on: February 23, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »
Dude,  she bought it and I had to pretend it was cool.  Years later I said, "WTF were you thinking?" :lol